1072 users online (205 members and 867 guests)  

Websleuths News

Baby Soap Linked to Positive Pot Tests in Newborns

In the study, urine samples that contained minute amounts of any of five baby soaps Johnson & Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash, J&J Bedtime Bath, CVS Night-Time Baby Bath, Aveeno Soothing Relief Creamy Wash and Aveeno Wash Shampoo gave a positive result on a drug screening test for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in marijuana.
    More at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47814187...ot-test-found/

Other factors would be taken into account, such as a history of substance abuse or lack of prenatal care, Seashore said.
    Well, that's circular, isn't it? Those are the same factors that would trigger a screening test to begin with. As a mom of home born children, aware of certain political factors, NC is a state which actively prosecutes home birth midwives. In a transport situation, a home birth parent may appear to have neglected receiving prenatal care, when instead she sought care from an underground midwife. For the protection of the midwife and other families who choose to birth out of the hospital, but with knowledgeable assistance, families are instructed not to release the names of their midwives. Being unable to prove prenatal care would likely put them more at risk for a screening, false positive, and potential involvement with CPS. Simple solution--when I do have babies in the hospital, I instruct the staff not to bathe them but just use plain water to wipe off any schmutz. I prefer to give the bath at home. The smell of the amniotic fluid increases bonding between mother and child, and smells very similar to breastmilk, enabling the newborn to identify the breast and aid the establishing of breastfeeding.
    And twins plus little bro make NINE!! (I really thought we were done when I created this screen name. )