Our Expectations

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
I was reading Hosey's book to refamiliarize myself with the case and had this 'vision'. I 'saw' the trial in session and JB and DrewP sitting together with their heads together giggling together over some comment one had made to the other.... sort of like high school.

On this case I really don't know what to expect. I hope there is a guilty verdict, but I know the evidence is slim, they have a lot to overcome (previously determined an accident) and there has been a lot of rumor. LE has been pretty quiet on their findings, so the evidence they hold is pretty much unknown. Most of the time I am pretty confident in a case but this one I worry about.

I'm worried as well. The State knows so much more than they will probably be allowed to present in court. They barely have circumstantial evidence. One can only hope the Jury will listen carefully to the second autopsy report and tie that in with the hearsay.

I wonder how much will be allowed as far as Stacy is concerned? I know the Pastor will testify but undoubtedly that will be limited beyond that.

DP is a classic "eraser" IMO and I hope he never see's the light of day.

ACR has a plethora of info on both Kathleen and Stacy's cases for those who would like to familiarize themselves.

http://www.acandyrose.com/kathleen_savio.htm

They do have motive, as far as the divorce disputes and the money he saved by her death. There was Kathleen's previous trip to the hosp. but that was much earlier in the marriage, so don't know if it will be considered related.

Yeah the info from Stacy is going to be a problem. After Kathleen's death she gave DrewP his alibi, and the prosecutors are going to have to address that because they will be providing a witness who says that she says different.

There is also Kathleen's letters to the prosecutors. But according to a book I am reading, those letters were actually written about a year before her death. Which means they are still important, but has less impact. Also in rereading them, they sound more rambling and less effective.

Previous autopsy says that Kathleen had old bruising on her body, two newest autopsies say that the bruising was a mix of old and new. They are going to have to overcome those differences.

I finished Hosey's book and am now reading one by Carlton Smith. This one has a lot of theory and supposition (and doesn't always specify when it strays into supposition and theory IMO.) In this book he makes a good case for DrewP to have been washing money for someone. And that would have been a good reason that DrewP has been able to acculmulate all his money and toys on a cops salary. If Kathleen knew about that, that could have been another motive... to keep her quiet. But if she knew about that why wouldn't she have brought it up in the letter she wrote to the DA?

I was reading Hosey's book to refamiliarize myself with the case and had this 'vision'. I 'saw' the trial in session and JB and DrewP sitting together with their heads together giggling together over some comment one had made to the other.... sort of like high school.

On this case I really don't know what to expect. I hope there is a guilty verdict, but I know the evidence is slim, they have a lot to overcome (previously determined an accident) and there has been a lot of rumor. LE has been pretty quiet on their findings, so the evidence they hold is pretty much unknown. Most of the time I am pretty confident in a case but this one I worry about.

BBM -- thanks for the recommendation! I just requested the book from the library to get my head straight.

Do we know if we will have online streaming? I can only imagine DP feeling all Hollywood with cameras on him. A'hole. :maddening:

Yeah Hosey's book is probably the best as far as getting facts. The book I am reading by Smith, I feel like it is a blueprint for providing reasonable doubt. I don't doubt that I will be seeing some of it in the defense strategy.

Yeah Hosey's book is probably the best as far as getting facts. The book I am reading by Smith, I feel like it is a blueprint for providing reasonable doubt. I don't doubt that I will be seeing some of it in the defense strategy.

bbm Oh man... those two dreaded words... :please:

Finally got the Hosey book from the library. All I can say is :what:

Like others here, I'm concerned about this case. I was so sure that the Florida jury would find CA guilty of murdering Caylee, and so shocked when she was aquitted, I no longer feel any case is a slam dunk. In this case, I'm sure that if DP is aquitted, we'd soon see a fifth wife, and another "disappearance" in a matter of a few years.

Other than what's been reported as this case unfolded, DPs behavior, and what we learned from the hearing on the hearsay evidence, we don't know what evidence LE and the prosecution have. But my guess is that they don't have the necessary evidence to make this case solid, or they wouldn't have pursued getting the hearsay evidence allowed into trial.

Although Illinois state law doesn't allow trials to be televised, we know we've got good courtroom reporters who will be spending courtroom breaks reporting on what's going on in the trial. We can expect lengthy articles summarizing the day's events each day.

Like others here, I'm concerned about this case. I was so sure that the Florida jury would find CA guilty of murdering Caylee, and so shocked when she was aquitted, I no longer feel any case is a slam dunk. In this case, I'm sure that if DP is aquitted, we'd soon see a fifth wife, and another "disappearance" in a matter of a few years.

Other than what's been reported as this case unfolded, DPs behavior, and what we learned from the hearing on the hearsay evidence, we don't know what evidence LE and the prosecution have. But my guess is that they don't have the necessary evidence to make this case solid, or they wouldn't have pursued getting the hearsay evidence allowed into trial.

Although Illinois state law doesn't allow trials to be televised, we know we've got good courtroom reporters who will be spending courtroom breaks reporting on what's going on in the trial. We can expect lengthy articles summarizing the day's events each day.

IF he walks (and he might) I believe he will be promptly arrested and charged in SPs' murder case. Square 1 and all that. DP is not going to be walking free for a long time. jmo

I'm guessing most of you have seen the Case Archive for Stacy/Drew/Kathleen.
Here is the specific section for the Savio murder trial.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/... -IL-/Murder Trial - The Kathleen Savio Case/

About the courtroom cameras, well not for this trial. There is a process to go through to have news cameras, and it is not happening.

I am worried too... about the verdict in light of CA's fiasco.

I've relied on your photobucket albums for many cases! You do an outstanding job of collecting all case related photos in one place, making it easy to find that one specific photo we're looking for. Thanks for all your work!
:tyou:

BBM -- thanks for the recommendation! I just requested the book from the library to get my head straight.

Do we know if we will have online streaming? I can only imagine DP feeling all Hollywood with cameras on him. A'hole. :maddening:

I looked around, even on UStream, for a Chicago area news channel but no luck. I will keep looking. At least after 3pm if the twitter isn't doing it for us we would be able to tune into a Chicago news channel and get some clue. I will post a link if I find one. I suspect many have already scoured the internet for something, anything to get some news from.

GOOD MORNING!!!:coffeeup::eek:ddsmiley:

Here is one-

http://www.nbcchicago.com/on-air/as-seen-on/live-video-129648223.html

Site says they will have live stream at noon and 4:30 PLUS breaking news. Doesn't look as good as the great live streaming choices we had in Orlando area for FCA's trial, we got spoiled with that area's coverage. LOL.

Dang that judge for not allowing cameras in courtroom. Drew would REALLY be yuckking it up and making a fool of himself. Maybe show his *advertiser censored** and the jurors would get a front row seat to his bizarre and inappropriate behavior!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back