Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

He has entered a plea of not guilty.

Hopefully they can track down that crazy manager from his imagination and bring him to justice for framing the 'lil angel...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:

"I think the prosecutors just said they're pursuing 2nd degree murder. That'd be big. We're coming back on thrs. video link again"

from justin Ling.. wtf second degree? i hope not.. its clearly first

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DD_bwest For This Useful Post:

I was really hoping Magnotta would give the following response to the Judge "Your honor, the only thing I'm guilty of is being devastatingly good looking"...

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DD_bwest View Post
    "I think the prosecutors just said they're pursuing 2nd degree murder. That'd be big. We're coming back on thrs. video link again"

That has to be a mistake. Second degree? How??

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
    Thanks, unfortunately it does not state "insanity" or schizophrenia, etc. We all know he has issues but if it's bi-polar or something else, I don't think that something of that nature would warrant him not standing trial nor found "insane". If he would have been to that point at the time they would have asked for an assessment and would have legally put him in an institution for a period of time to get help.

I am trying to get the original court paper of this decision (via some contacts) so I can see exactly what was written by the judge. I will let you know if I am successful :-) in perhaps shedding more light on this. My cousin was a crimminal defence attorney here in Ottawa but many many years so I may give him a call just to see what he thinks about this case :-)
    He has treatment history - if goes to trial , treatment history will be released....Not Schizophrenia, Schizo affective probably best real dx. There will some that would have diagosed him as bipolar, some sole addiction issues, but all folks will focus on nar personallity disorder. In all liklihood there will also , along the trail be borderline personality disorder thrown in from time to time!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    That has to be a mistake. Second degree? How??
    Following Twitter seems to be some conflicting info re: charge being first or second degree.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KDOGG View Post
    OT: i've wondered this from the beginning, why do new threads get started after 60 or so pages? IMO it would be easier if we just had 1 long thread that we kept going. granted it would be 100s of pages but still. no offense....j/w
    I am new confused the heck out of me this AM! Still remain somewhat confused navigating as well! Dont feel alone!!!!!!!!!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by susan1122 View Post
    I can see what you are saying....but I still see a smirk. Interesting how we all are seeing different things. Maybe he has mixed feelings. Though, I am pretty sure his feelings are selfish. This is JMO. But I have a hard time believing he feels shame. In the 3rd pic down, I see anger...or meanness. Or arrogance.

The bottom picture, I see fear.
    I absolutely agree with you. I've studied hundreds of his pics, and he is definitely smug here. He has a slight smile on his face. Very unusual for him. Not only that, he is holding himself straight and tall.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OEJ For This Useful Post:

EXACTLY. I'd think the advertisements for the killvid on May 15th would show that. NON-PREMEDITATED MURDER by the prosecution???? WTF???? Live on CBC right now. OK, the charges could change to first degree with the progress of the investigation.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Totally agree. Insane in most peoples minds to commit such an act. Legally Insane No. The planning, mailings etc. will make an Insanity Plea a moot point
    Concur--- WAY to much planning, no way could someone suffering with Schizophrenia do what he has done the last two weeks impossible , capability wise !

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
    Following Twitter seems to be some conflicting info re: charge being first or second degree.
    It's just Justin Lin's misreporting ... again.

The charge is First Degree Murder.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sealuzna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    It's Canada. He's liable to get 2 or 3 years on probation.
    You are kidding me?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TobyWong* View Post
    It's funny how completely different we all look at the video/photos of him getting off the plane.
    To me..all I think of are the millions of retakes he had to have done for all of his self taken phots & videos. Each step down I envision him wishing he could retake that last step w/ a more super serious face. but it hits him that they aren't messing around & is forced to walk normal. I think every breath of his, he hopes someone is watching & thinks he's pretty. (If that makes sense)
    Imo he luuuvvvsss it!
    Of all our opinions, I am sure you are right (maybe we all are?)! He seems to be a huge narcissist, possibly with body dysmorphic disorder.

Someone had mentioned BDD earlier after looking at the video for the plastic surgery show. It's possible, IMO.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder"]Body dysmorphic disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to susan1122 For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    Confirmed: he's pleading not guilty to everything
    per Justin Ling

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

To clear this up, what he said was that originally they filed 2nd degree charges until more evidence came forward at which timje 1st degree charges were laid and the 2nd degree charges withdrawn. It's 1st degree people.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jeanne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    EXACTLY. I'd think the advertisements for the killvid on May 15th would show that. NON-PREMEDITATED MURDER by the prosecution???? WTF???? Live on CBC right now. OK, the charges could change to first degree with the progress of the investigation.
    Ah, that makes more sense. Presumably their techie people are still getting their ducks in a row with linking him to the posts on May 15th.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Quite true ... he made decisions and took actions that reflect rational thought. I'm of the opinion that he has unresolved emotional issues stemming from childhood. That doesn't make him insane or in need of medication. He needs emotional maturity.
    Trust me , he has been on meds ! Wrongly but the field doles out meds for everything - meds do nothing for personality disorders................

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Asked for deferral until Thursday of next week for a psychological evaluation (on CBC news)

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    Trust me , he has been on meds ! Wrongly but the field doles out meds for everything - meds do nothing for personality disorders................
    If you are a doctor you should get verified as a professional here at WS...

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    To clear this up, what he said was that originally they filed 2nd degree charges until more evidence came forward at which timje 1st degree charges were laid and the 2nd degree charges withdrawn. It's 1st degree people.
    I think from now on I'll wait 5 minutes before I react to any reporting on this case. They seem to be getting everything wrong today.

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    Please, don't cut down my country's legal system. We have had our share of serious crimes, and Luka is more than likely going to be slapped with a dangerous offender label, which mean he will never be free again.
    WIth the worldwide focus (but then OJ Casey) they cant do that but OJ and Casey had no video of their crimes on line either!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Oh jeez, pleading "not guilty." This circus is going to be huge.

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to udar55 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayFriend View Post
    While I'm here, I should bring up something else about how LM was taken from the airport in a police convoy. I don't have the link anymore, but I read that Jun Lin's family was chased by media hoards along the highway. LE didn't want a repeat of that.
    Yes, LE mentioned that in a question and answer session w/ media yesterday.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to susan1122 For This Useful Post:

FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    36s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
    Within 30 days, there could be a psyc assessment. #magnotta

56s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
    The accused requested that it be postponed to thursday. There will be a psychiatric assessment. He may be remanded to a facility. #magnotta

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    "I fail to see why [a jury] wouldn't be able to handle this case...they're always difficult." -pros

per Justin Ling ..

I do not know who this is .. his attorney?
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

50. The Following User Says Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast