Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome

BREAKING: Magnotta hires Marc Labelle as lawyer

He represented Karla Homolka!!!!

"In December 2000, Karla Homolka's lawyer told the media that his client feared being killed by vigilantes�when she is freed from prison. With Corrections Canada poised to ask that Homolka be detained for her full 12-year sentence on grounds she'll kill again, lawyer Marc Labelle said Homolka was petrified that she'd be murdered. Labelle said Homolka had not only received further threats from within the prison system, but she had also been targeted for death on chat groups that his legal assistants uncovered on the Internet."
    LM HIRED him? He's got money to spare, it seems. He lived in a dive apartment and can afford a high-profile lawyer. Hmmmmm

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    LM HIRED him? He's got money to spare, it seems. He lived in a dive apartment and can afford a high-profile lawyer. Hmmmmm
    Homolka, who had no money, 'hired' him to. I wonder if the court appoints lawyers, but the defendant has to ok them? Thus 'hiring' them?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jeanne For This Useful Post:

maybe he has financial backing......
    maybe he sold the vid (or others) for $$ like many have speculated...
    maybe he lived in squallor to hide that he had money...
    maybe he will be writing a book and expects lots of $$ for it....

maybe this or that....but yeah you make a good point!
    dum spiro, spero

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prima.facie For This Useful Post:

Well, we don't know how much money he has left, if any, and whether Legal Aid will be involved. The lawyer (Marc Labelle) may be taking the case at Legal Aid rates just to stay in the limelight, or for the same reason as Dirk Derstine, that everyone deserves a competent defence. If LM got a rookie lawyer, there could well be grounds for appeal down the road.

http://avocats.qc.ca/avocat/davocatE...d=829&type=Avo

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JayFriend For This Useful Post:

I think LM is oddly comforted surrounded by all those"father figures" and now that his 'tantrum"(scribbling and smearing his diaper on walls) is over- he is ready to be washed,changed, fed and put in a crib for a nap.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

If LM qualified for Legal Aide, I believe he would and did, then yes he can hire any lawyer he wants and any defence lawyer willing... and Marc Labelle seems to be willing, not surprising either. This will bring both of them the notiriety they both want. I am sure that LM thinks this is a match made in heaven and like Homolka it will be a sure win. I have news for you LM, don't be too quick on that one. People don't forget that easy what happened in that case. I sure as heck hope the police do NOT make any deals with this psychopath, like trying to get information on the missing head.

The judge would have only appointed a lawyer for him IF LM didn't qualify for Legal Aide. I doubt anyone is paying for his lawyer but if so that would be interesting to see who, his family? No I am pretty sure legal aide is the route he is going and Marc Labelle is very willing in this case to take it for publicity on his part.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayFriend View Post
    Well, we don't know how much money he has left, if any, and whether Legal Aid will be involved. The lawyer (Marc Labelle) may be taking the case at Legal Aid rates just to stay in the limelight, or for the same reason as Dirk Derstine, that everyone deserves a competent defence. If LM got a rookie lawyer, there could well be grounds for appeal down the road.

http://avocats.qc.ca/avocat/davocatE...d=829&type=Avo
    Agree. I want Luka to have an experienced Lawyer. Less chance of appeals as you point out.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bravo For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    -------------------------------------------
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

It seems to me that LM is probably tired, scared, and while probably enjoying the attention to a certain point, he's probably also a bit overwhelmed by the upcoming process of being tried and jailed for life. As far as talk of his intelligence, I equate his to that of an animal: be just smart enough to survive, and try not to show fear, or when necessary, roll over and submit. In this case I think he's trying not show weakness, but also trying to not look inherently evil like some his more famous ilk.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pingpattern For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by prima.facie View Post
    For those who could not watch the vid of his entrance back into Canada....
    (I watched again....on my big TV....to get a better picture lol)...

I still believe he looked smugged and arrogant while fighting a smirk. IMO, he was loving this attention....even celebs dont care about negative attention...ANY news is GOOD news!

As I watch the video...I think....damn, all those men around him are REAL men and I see this tiny little twit surrounded by them....who thinks he is all that and hot and sexy and so on.......
    In the 2nd pic down he looks smug to me....and I hate to be affected by him, but it is rubbing me the wrong way. In those top to pictures, imo, he even looks proud of himself. His head is swelling a bit. I guess I've seen it before and to me, that's what it looks like. But, JMO.

p.s. 2nd pic down...the crinkle around his eyes, slight smile.....says "smug" to me.
    Last edited by susan1122; 06-19-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: add observation

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to susan1122 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    My goodness guys!
    I posted this on last thread! Thank god it closed. My first sentence was suppossed to read : I do not like LM. Well lucky piere "not" was not in the sentance! I freaked ugh god!
    Let me repeat I do not like LM!

Morning all!
    First and foremost I do NOT like LM!

The notions surrounding his intelligence are interesting. I am with Scientific on this one! I think he is bright. This belief does not translate to my respecting him! The chronicity and depth of his ability to create all his alias, lies, stories, and tales most certainly indicate that he is NOT psychotic!

There is a difference between smart and bright (alter ego stuff, creativity in just being all over the internet as different entities , different jobs, different ages, names, vocations, each with different family histories etc. etc. .

Pause folks, --- what do screenwriters, novelists and playwrights do? The exact same thing! Create characters in depth. Create names, identities, looks, mannerisms etc. My notions surrounding him being bright are centered in the “creativity” demonstrated throughout his entire “created” existence.

Again folks – when I shared my notions regarding his IQ earlier some folks were angry. I am not saying his behaviors and or his life were positive. I am saying that bright/ creativity is most def. a component of intelligence. Solid intelligence.

The capacity to anticipate others needs, in order to manipulate effectively, are also indicative of intelligence. And from what we all have learned this guy’ face should be next to world “manipulate” in dictionaries everywhere. The capacity for that kind of deviance (think Bundy?) is correlated with intelligence. High intelligence!

And if we think about it, there most certainly (it is beguiling though!) nothing, “dumb”, in his planning, to assume, that the garbage folks WOULD HAVE picked up the suitcase. In fact, for some time I have wondered if that was fate of some sort. By this I mean it was not a really big error on his part. (LM’S) at all. Twist of fate?

His pathological narcissism (I am so smart) is what got him caught not stupidity – there is a difference! But wait; let’s even hold off right here! And roll with me here for a sec guys: What you all think: of this: He split thinking suitcase was gone. The notion that he went out for his first couple of nights over there (evidently with no effort at disguise) to me indicates that he was not really aware of how fast he was being tied to everything.
    – I do not think he had a clue for the first 3-4 days that LE knew what he did (his apt/linked the video to him/learning all his internet proclivities etc.).

Then let’s move on a couple more days – he starts to see his face everywhere. Oh S*** so even at some level going to the café that day could be interpreted as heck, I better really find out what it going on, as opposed to him being stupid. In fact, considering the dynamics of what was unfolding, it is what a prudent individual, on the run would do – find out what the “enemy” (!) know and are doing! That is survival……………………….
    Don't sweat it. Your mistake was evident given the context of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    Moi aussi. I just think the eyebrows were a bit 'touched up'!!
    Yes, in the close ups his hair looks lighter again....the brows, though. They do look like he took some mascara to them.

jmo.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to susan1122 For This Useful Post:

Justin Ling is covering the arraignment today, so hopefully he will pop on here at some point to fill us in!

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jeanne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    here we go:

"Magnotta has record

Montreal police have said Magnotta wasn't known to them, but he has a criminal record in Ontario.
    Jeanne: Is Magnotta's record available on iTunes?

Oh wait, different kind of record.. My bad

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by newsleuth88 View Post
    You absolutely do. This is evil. I am not religious but I guess I'm agnostic when it comes to the idea of hell - men like this prove its existence to me. Look instead to the shy, beautiful smile of the victim who was reduced to meat by this evil. I believe our justice system will do the right thing or hell, I'm moving to Texas.
    After Casey Anthony I was totally disillusioned with the US justice system. One of the times I wouldn't have minded moving. Anyway, keep that case in mind. Texas is pretty close to Florida. Kidding...kind of....sort of.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to susan1122 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast