Identified! NJ - Browns Mills, Wht/HispFem UP10371, in woods, Jun'12 - Molly Lynch

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
... human remains were found in Pemberton Township Sunday morning .. by two people riding motorcycles along a trail near Quail Run Road.

The body was in advanced state of decomposition. The gender and identification of the body have not been determined at this time.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/18817131/human-remains-found-in-pemberton

Stacy Lynn Grater (2006) is the only MP on my list from Pemberton Township.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/grater_stacey.html
grater_stacey.jpg

I wonder what they mean by "advanced state of decomposition". to me it means that the remains were not skeletal so my hunch would be one year or less. then again, I'm just a follower of forums like this so maybe I'm totally wrong.

I wonder what they mean by "advanced state of decomposition". to me it means that the remains were not skeletal so my hunch would be one year or less. then again, I'm just a follower of forums like this so maybe I'm totally wrong.

Advanced Decay

Decomposition is largely inhibited during advanced decay due to the loss of readily available cadaveric material.[8] Insect activity is also reduced during this stage.[6] When the carcass is located on soil, the area surrounding it will show evidence of vegetation death.[8] The CDI surrounding the carcass will display an increase in soil carbon and nutrients, such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and magnesium;[5] changes in pH; and a significant increase in soil nitrogen.[10]

Decomposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.co.burlington.nj.us/Upload/Prosecutor/Images/1229.pdf

Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office
NEWS RELEASE
Robert D. Bernardi
Prosecutor Raymond E. Milavsky
First Asst. Prosecutor
John M. Angermeier
Chief of Investigations
June 18, 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Joel Bewley
Public Information Officer
609-265-5777 c: 609-820-4407
jbewley@co.burlington.nj.us

HUMAN REMAINS FOUND IN PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP

MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. – Burlington County Prosecutor Robert D. Bernardi and Pemberton Township Police Chief David H. Jantas announced today that a human body was found yesterday morning in a wooded area off of Quail Run Road in Pemberton Township.

The remains were discovered at approximately 9:45 a.m. by two people riding motorcycles along a trail. The body was in an advanced state of decomposition. The gender and identity of the body have not yet been determined. Burlington County Medical Examiner Dr. Ian Hood will perform an autopsy today.

The investigation is being conducted by detectives from the Pemberton Township Police Department and the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit and Crime Scene Unit.

No further information will be released today.

what does anyone make of her teeth? had some crowns but much decay and some teeth were down to roots.

sounds to me like she had access to dentistry at one time and then let them go to seed. sounds like a meth thing.

Yeah, I agree it sounds like a meth thing, but then that's the easy explanation. She could have just become homeless, or been a victim of domestic violence.

all we know is that she was white, 21-30 y.o., about 5'6" with bad teeth.

no hair color, no weight estimate and no real estimated date of death. having said that, they were able to get a thumb print so the body was not totally decomposed. found in mid-June in NJ what do people think, no more than one month?

I'd put this woman, Heather Ballard at the top of my list, altough she is on the short side compared to the UID. was 27 y.o. somewhere around 5'2" to 5'4" and around 100 lbs missing from upstate NY in April 2012:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17566/0/

here are a few articles about Heather:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/06/missing_syracuse_womans_birthd.html

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=764742

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/06/syracuse_woman_reported_missin.html

ETA - from the looks of it, some police dept somewhere should have Heather's fingerprints.

all we know is that she was white, 21-30 y.o., about 5'6" with bad teeth.

no hair color, no weight estimate and no real estimated date of death. having said that, they were able to get a thumb print so the body was not totally decomposed. found in mid-June in NJ what do people think, no more than one month?

Could it be possible the body is older than a month or so or is that highly unlikely given the thumb print? Also, I'm pretty sure Stacey Lynn Grater was ruled out. There is only one rule listed on Namus and that is Jasmarie Rodriguez.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10371

They have technology now that will let them retrieve fingerprints from mummified skin, so I'd say if there's only a thumbprint, that might be how they obtained it. Bits of mummified skin can linger for years. So I wouldn't eliminate anybody who seems likely just based on the time frame, especially since they don't seem to be giving an estimate.

Bumping :seeya:

Anyone have any updates on this case...probably too early on yet to have DNA submitted. Also, Im sure Hurricane Sandy was a setback and the holidays...

Yeah I saw that. I emailed Pam Reed to see if they were compared since she is listed the Regional Administrator for both the UID and Caitlin. I haven't heard back yet, and I might not for awhile since it's during the holidays.

I received an email back today from Pam Reed the regional administrator at NamUs. She said she will take a look at my suggested comparison.

Fortunately, chaddylex, you do not have all the information about Caitlin. Suffice to say, she is not the identity of this body and I would really appreciate it if you took down all the posts mentioning her name and details from her missing persons file. I am a relative, and Caitlin's mother has enough to deal with now without stumbling upon this thread suggesting her as the identity of a dead body. Thank you for understanding.

Fortunately, chaddylex, you do not have all the information about Caitlin. Suffice to say, she is not the identity of this body and I would really appreciate it if you took down all the posts mentioning her name and details from her missing persons file. I am a relative, and Caitlin's mother has enough to deal with now without stumbling upon this thread suggesting her as the identity of a dead body. Thank you for understanding.

I did not put this on here to hurt anyone in her family, it was just a suggestion since Caitlin is missing. I am sorry for what her family is going thru and I hope she will be found alive and safe. The only reason I posted this on here is because of this link. http://www.missingin.org/reg8020/caitlin_a_kearney.htm I think maybe you should contact the administrator of that website that put that information about Caitlin.

And in addition to chaddylex's suggestion about contacting the administrator of the website that has posted apparent erroneous info on Caitlin, you may also want to contact Namus and have Caitlin's name added to the official rule-out list for this unidentified body. They will only add her name if there has been an official comparison done by the authorities/forensics team. I would like to say that the members of Websleuths are only trying to help and not hurt in any way. Members here have helped aid in MANY missing person cases and other relatives of missing persons frequent this website in hopes for finding their loved ones. Some of us work with detectives, Namus etc. on a regular basis. I hope Caitlin is found safe and sound!

And in addition to chaddylex's suggestion about contacting the administrator of the website that has posted apparent erroneous info on Caitlin, you may also want to contact Namus and have Caitlin's name added to the official rule-out list for this unidentified body. They will only add her name if there has been an official comparison done by the authorities/forensics team. I would like to say that the members of Websleuths are only trying to help and not hurt in any way. Members here have helped aid in MANY missing person cases and other relatives of missing persons frequent this website in hopes for finding their loved ones. Some of us work with detectives, Namus etc. on a regular basis. I hope Caitlin is found safe and sound!

Thanks Jilly.... I understand her family being upset, I would probably be also if my child or relative would have negative things on a website said about them. The mother does need to contact NamUs to have her name added to the rule out list if this UID isn't her. I emailed Pam Reed about a month ago and she said they were waiting for DNA to come back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back