View Poll Results: This movie looks...

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like one I'll never see.

    17 36.17%
  • Like a must see.

    19 40.43%
  • Like one I'll go to with my emu.

    7 14.89%
  • Too offensive for anyone on the planet.

    4 8.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: WARNING OFFENSIVE: The movie trailer for "Ted"

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,964

    Talking WARNING OFFENSIVE: The movie trailer for "Ted"

    This is the trailer for the new movie "Ted" that comes out in July. This is NOT a kids movie. Once again this is not a kids movie. It's from Seth MacFarlane of Family Guy fame.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AJtjJebDes&feature=related"]Ted - Full Length Restricted Trailer - 2012 - YouTube[/ame]
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,447
    Seriously? Have we come to the end of the universe and there are no ideas left for actual good movies?

    Apparently sex and fart jokes are what passes for a script these days. Really annoying.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,964

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Seriously? Have we come to the end of the universe and there are no ideas left for actual good movies?

    Apparently sex and fart jokes are what passes for a script these days. Really annoying.
    I'll be the first to admit I have a 13 year olds sense of humor. My fifty year old sister thinks it's hysterical too.
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Straight till you get to Jacket Rd.
    Posts
    7,584
    OK, I have to admit..I thought this trailer was HILARIOUS and I can't wait to see the movie! I LOVE Mark Wahlburg and Mila Kunis and who doesn't love a naughty Teddy Ruxpin..

    P.S. Oh, And I'm gonna be 61 in 3 months..LOL
    Last edited by DollyPardonMe; 06-19-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added a P.S.
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

  8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DollyPardonMe For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,868
    Quote Originally Posted by DollyPardonMe View Post
    OK, I have to admit..I thought this trailer was HILARIOUS and I can't wait to see the movie! I LOVE Mark Wahlburg and Mila Kunis and who doesn't love a naughty Teddy Ruxpin..

    P.S. Oh, And I'm gonna be 61 in 3 months..LOL
    even though the name Dolly was in that exhaustive list of trailer-trash names?

    LOL

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Straight till you get to Jacket Rd.
    Posts
    7,584
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    even though the name Dolly was in that exhaustive list of trailer-trash names?

    LOL
    That's Dolly Lynn, Thank-you! he-he!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DollyPardonMe For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,337
    I love movies that make me laugh -- I'm gonna see it

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    4,938
    O.m.g. Love it.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,642
    Thanks, I really thought it was for kids. Yikes I may of bought tickets!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,063
    L O L

    That's freakin hilarious... And I generally do NOT care for Seth MacFarlanes humor.

    Helps that I love the Wahlberg brothers.

    Dying over the white trash names.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,964

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Thanks, I really thought it was for kids. Yikes I may of bought tickets!
    Yeah, that's a good side effect of posting this. It is definitely not for kids. I'd put it at 18, at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    L O L

    That's freakin hilarious... And I generally do NOT care for Seth MacFarlanes humor.

    Helps that I love the Wahlberg brothers.

    Dying over the white trash names.
    Wait! Was it one of those names with a Lynn after it?

    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Yeah, that's a good side effect of posting this. It is definitely not for kids. I'd put it at 18, at least.



    Wait! Was it one of those names with a Lynn after it?

    Ok, I am offended now. It is a family tradition. Me and my girls, and now my grand daughter, have Lynn in our name. No one told me it was white trash. Who knew?
    WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,964
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    Ok, I am offended now. It is a family tradition. Me and my girls, and now my grand daughter, have Lynn in our name. No one told me it was white trash. Who knew?
    Well, you know now.
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  26. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    L O L

    That's freakin hilarious... And I generally do NOT care for Seth MacFarlanes humor.

    Helps that I love the Wahlberg brothers.

    Dying over the white trash names.

    Hmmmmm...my name was in that list of white trash names. Hey, I didn't pick the name out May have to boycott this one, lol

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowdaze For This Useful Post:


  28. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,964

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdaze View Post
    Hmmmmm...my name was in that list of white trash names. Hey, I didn't pick the name out May have to boycott this one, lol
    Does it have a Lynn after it?
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  30. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Does it have a Lynn after it?

    Ummm, no. But maybe worse. Seems my parents couldn't think of a middle name to go with my white trash name so I have none, haha!
    But I do know someone with my same white trash name that DOES have Lynn after it so maybe it's her,

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowdaze For This Useful Post:


  32. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,964
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdaze View Post
    Ummm, no. But maybe worse. Seems my parents couldn't think of a middle name to go with my white trash name so I have none, haha!
    But I do know someone with my same white trash name that DOES have Lynn after it so maybe it's her,
    My sisters name was on the list and lynneless.
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  34. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,868
    so, this is one I'll actually watch with my husband, even though I normally loathe 'stupid' movies

    but this looks like well-done satire IMO


  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:


  36. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    my sons are going to love this one! I might even watch it with them.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  38. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    my sons are going to love this one! I might even watch it with them.
    My 15 YO asked me tonight when we're gonna go see it. Gonna have to think about that one, but I know if I don't, he'll find a bootleg copy with his friends

    Mel

  39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  40. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    My 15 YO asked me tonight when we're gonna go see it. Gonna have to think about that one, but I know if I don't, he'll find a bootleg copy with his friends

    Mel
    LOL Mel. My boys always did too! Mine are 18 and 22 now. The 22 doesn't live here now but if he sees it he'll talk with me about it. My other "boy" is pushing 50. (my hubby )


    ETA: is the voice of teddy the same voice of peter from family guy?

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  42. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21,514
    I see the thread title has been changed...

    I was wondering how a movie about a naughty Teddy Ruxtpin could create a warring offensive!

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:


  44. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    LOL Mel. My boys always did too! Mine are 18 and 22 now. The 22 doesn't live here now but if he sees it he'll talk with me about it. My other "boy" is pushing 50. (my hubby )


    ETA: is the voice of teddy the same voice of peter from family guy?
    Seth Macfalane does both voices and it does sound just like Peter.
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  45. The Following User Says Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

    Kat

  46. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,964

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    I see the thread title has been changed...

    I was wondering how a movie about a naughty Teddy Ruxtpin could create a warring offensive!
    He's not a Teddy Ruxpin. When Mark Wahlberg's character is eight years old he wishes his Teddy Bear could talk to him and the wish comes true. The movie is about their lives together 27 years later.
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  48. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,158
    Steeley Dan, I was glad to see you say that you had a 13-year old boy's sense of humor. I do too. I'm fifty.
    I was holding my breath waiting for my name to come up in the white trash names; luckily it didn't. Whew! Thanks mom and dad.

    I think the movie looks funny. Sort of reminds me of the show Wilfred (which I love).

  49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WARNING: may be offensive, Seth McFarlane's new movie?
    By Steely Dan in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 07:28 PM
  2. Warning Offensive; How Far Would You Go To Be Like A TV Character?
    By Steely Dan in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 09:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •