837 users online (148 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    A&E has a two hour special tonight @ 8 pm ct on the Rodney Reed case. My guess is that he will be portrayed as another innocent man being railroaded by the evil justice system.<modsnip>.
    Two points.

If there is compelling evidence of his guilt you should at least post a link since you seem to suggest there is.
    Also, absent that, the standard is supposed to be something like "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Considering that 3% to 5% of people jailed in America are factually innocent, that is according to experts, obviously the standard is orders of magnitude lower. But how low should it be? Where were you when the murder occurred?

Reasonable doubt can be raised in this case in a few sentences. Anyone can read a quick news version and have reasonable doubt. There either is compelling evidence that negates that skepticism, or there is not. So far I have not seen it.

My best guess is that there is <10% chance that he is guilty but ~100% chance that he made the mistake of being a black guy who was nailing the wife of a white cop. I don't support adultery but it's not something that should be fatal, except perhaps in the first moments it is discovered.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 02-17-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FleaSpirit View Post
    Two points.

If there is compelling evidence of his guilt you should at least post a link since you seem to suggest there is.
    Also, absent that, the standard is supposed to be something like "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Considering that 3% to 5% of people jailed in America are factually innocent, that is according to experts, obviously the standard is orders of magnitude lower. But how low should it be? Where were you when the murder occurred?

Reasonable doubt can be raised in this case in a few sentences. Anyone can read a quick news version and have reasonable doubt. There either is compelling evidence that negates that skepticism, or there is not. So far I have not seen it.

My best guess is that there is <10% chance that he is guilty but ~100% chance that he made the mistake of being a black guy who was nailing the wife of a white cop. I don't support adultery but it's not something that should be fatal, except perhaps in the first moments it is discovered.
    Since you want some facts, here's one, she wasn't married to a white cop as you stated.

One thing I can never understand about enthusiastic fans of the Death Penalty: Why are you so anxious for a person to be killed by the state, innocent or guilty? From some people, there seems to be a kind of blood lust for a death penalty to be carried out...

Those of us who live in non-DP states are glad to avoid the responsibility of having a killing committed in our name. I was seated (initially) in the penalty phase of the last execution carried out in my state, but they 'unseated' me when I opined that I knew the guy was guilty, but I could never vote for him to be killed.

Yes, plenty of the executed are guilty without a doubt. But life without possiblity of parole keeps the guilty and the (possibly) non guilty away from the public. It's cheaper (if that's important to you) to keep a person in prison for life than to finance him/her through endless appeals. And the survivors/families of the prisoner don't have to see his name and face in the paper for thirty or forty years. He's just another anonymous con.

Since you want some facts, here's one, she wasn't married to a white cop as you stated.
    So? That means what?
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    So? That means what?
    It means that posters that think they have superior knowledge based on the facts should have their facts straight.

The family of the victim also believes this man is innocent.
    I think THAT should count for something.

This case has me torn.

Prosecutor and cops hiding the truth. So what's new? Or, it is just a coincidence that the girl is dating two serial rapists at the same time?

To make things easy, let's go ahead and execute Reed now. And then, have a different prosecutor pick up the case on Fennell. Charge him with the murder and execute him, too.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IJ21I20141030

Northwestern University journalism students instrumental in getting Anthony Porter freed from death row. Seems an investigator for the project got another man to falsely admit to the crime & Porter was released. The other man was convicted but has now claimed he falsely claimed to the crime & a judge freed him. This was the case that led to abolishing the death penalty in Illinois. I wonder if the NU students will admit their mistake? NOT.
    You state all of the above as if it were fact, when you are merely listing claims of the prosecution. I honestly don't know who is right, but, as a rule, when a death row inmate claims to have falsely confessed, the pro-d.p. crowd screams, "Nobody would confess to a murder he didn't commit!"

At the very least we should note that private investigators do not have at their disposal anything like the coercive techniques available to LE.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    The family of the victim also believes this man is innocent.
    I think THAT should count for something.
    source please

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    I am so glad to see this thread here. I saw this Rodney Reed show last night and it is a horrible injustice to not only him but like he said, to the victim and her family. That cop (filthy dirty cop) should be sitting where Rodney is and I cannot believe not one person is listening to Mr. Joe Schillaci and his partner concerning Rodney Reed. This man is going to die because of the dirty cops in that community. You know how you can feel things deep in your bones? Well, that is how much I believe that that Dirty Rotten Murdering Cop Stacey was engaged to killed her and raped everyone of those girls, yes even the one who is adamant that Rodney Reed raped her (however I will concede that I may be totally off on her). I believe she is terrified of LE and will never say the truth as she fears for her own life.
    Rodney Reed will die March 5th if NO ONE LISTENS. Of course the jury convicted and sentenced him to death the way he was railroaded.
    I should also tell you... I believe whole heartily in the death penalty and I have never seen a story like this one. Rodney Reed needs to be released from prison YESTERDAY much less years ago and I hope someone intervenes so that he is release from prison and I hope he sues each and every one of the people that put him there, not the victims of that low down dirty cop but LE and others who went along with this injustice and knew what the truth WAS and IS behind this horrible, horrible crime.
    Thank you for letting me vent.
    Last edited by wonders; 02-17-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Nope, your right...BUTTT she was engaged to this white bad dirty cop.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

I believe only one family member supports RR's innocence. A cousin.

Texas is famous for jumping the gun, so to speak , but there was just too much conflict of interest on this case it REALLY REALLY needs to be looked at again or the State of TEXAS will murder another innocent person ......no surprise
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    ... and I have never seen a story like this one....
    Most people are not aware yet
    a) there have been quite a few people executed who were later shown almost certainly innocent,
    b) when a death penalty case is weak the prosecution will often go for 'life in prison' instead. So for every person erroneously sent to death there are even more erroneously sent to prison til death, Google "Esar Met",
    c) there have been cases of extreme fraud in laboratories that handle DNA evidence, so occasionally, though not common, a person has had 100% proof they were guilty but later shown innocent.
    Examples
    Quick example http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Hum...to-2644730.php
    Older article http://www.truthinjustice.org/inside-labs.htm
    Detailed Overview http://darwin.bio.uci.edu/~mueller/error%20rates.html
    NYC medical examiner http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/ny...-evidence.html
    Illinois State Police Lab http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...ry.html#page=1
    Washington State Patrol, older article http://m.seattlepi.com/local/article...me-1149846.php
    U.K. http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/20...r-rape-accused
    800 rape cases, not 80 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2455344.html
    And that is DNA evidence. More mistakes with other kinds of tests http://www.cbsnews.com/news/massachu...of-drug-tests/

So unfortunately if there is going to be a death penalty then even if you execute people who are 100% proven guilty, you are still killing some random innocent people. 3% to 5% of people in jail overall in the U.S. are innocent but the percent ntage for violent major crimes is actually higher for many reasons.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast