Deceased/Not Found UK - Nicola Payne, 18, Coventry, 14 Dec 1991

Fluttershy

Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/20/nicola-payne-police-arrest-two

Nicola-Payne-008.jpg

Two men have been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a young mother who vanished while walking to her parents' home almost 21 years ago.

The arrests were made in Coventry, West Midlands, as a detailed search continued of parkland off Purcell Road for the remains of Nicola Payne, 18, who was the mother of a seven-month-old son.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/19/nicola-payne-search-police

Family Still Holds Out Hope

The family of a woman missing for 21 years say they have not given up hope despite a three-day search of parkland being called off.

Nicola Payne, 18, went missing from the Wood End area of Coventry in 1991.

Acting on information, police started searching land close to where she lived but it is understood no remains were found.

Ms Payne's father, John, said they just want to find her to "bring her home (and) put her to rest".

More at link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-18559184

Nicola Payne: New Appeal For Missing Teen Mum

A young actor has joined the parents of a teenage mother who went missing 21 years ago to launch a new police appeal for information on the anniversary of her disappearance.

Nicola Payne, 18, vanished after leaving her home in the Wood End area of Coventry in December 1991.

She was heading to her parents' home a short walk away, but they never saw her again.

Marilyn and John Payne said they hoped the appeal would encourage people to come forward with information so they could finally find out what happened to their daughter, who had a six-month-old son.

Mrs Payne said: "I have a special time of the day where I sit and I think about Nicola. I even talk to her picture and I always think about her.

"It's very difficult yet people keep saying to me you're so strong.

"If they could see inside I'm completely broken. I get this awful pain and it just doesn't go away.

"That will never lift until she is found. If she's found then we can lay her to rest and then we've got an ending."

Actor George Evans is supporting the appeal after speaking to Mr and Mrs Payne while researching his role in a play called The Missing.

Police hope the involvement of the former Hollyoaks star, who at 21 is the same age as Miss Payne's son Owen is now, will encourage younger members of the local community to come forward with any information they may have heard while growing up.

http://news.sky.com/story/1025292/nicola-payne-new-appeal-for-missing-teen-mum

Seach started 8am today (about 12 hours ago).

'The decision to search the area at Coombe Valley Country Park, follows the receipt and development of new information...three men and two women arrested in connection with the investigation remain on police bail'

https://www.facebook.com/westmidlandspolice

Hope quote's okay as it's from an official police page.

Thinking of Nicola's baby, who will be a young adult by now. This must be a very difficult time. :(

Hi everyone, newbie here! I've been following this case with interest as I've always spent a lot of time in Coventry and remember Nicola's disappearance being in the newspaper all those years ago. I think they must have some pretty strong evidence against the 2 men that have been charged, hopefully DNA will nail them. When they were originally arrested back in 2013 the newspaper report said new forensic evidence. They were up in court last week and pleaded not-guilty, so it doesn't seem likely that they are going to give up her whereabouts even if they are found guilty. So sad for her family.

I wonder if the two men charged are the same two men the police questioned back in 1991. I think the search of Coombe Park and the suspects house must of turned up new evidence. I wonder whever these two men knew nicola or whever they planned to snatch a random women that day.

There was pictures in the telegraph back in 2013 showing the police taking a safe away from a lock up garage belonging to one of the suspects. I think they must have some serious evidence against them to have taken it to a trial. If you read the web page Nicola's family have set up it says they have a good idea who they think is responsible, that might indicate that they suspect someone known to them and possibly Nicola.

I wonder if they've been under suspicion for many years but the police have just never had the evidence they need, it will be interesting to find out whether or not they were questioned all those years ago. Coombe Abbey seems to feature a lot, the police found "items of interest" there when the case was re-opened leading to the arrests.

Witnesses said they saw a car with the boot open with two men standing by it near the area where Nicola was last seen ive always wondered what those men were actually doing there were they waiting for Nicola or were they just waiting for a random women to attack.I also wonder what the items of interest were that were found. I believe the fishing lake there which was searched was only newly opened when nicola went missing. I think the police searched the area when they recieved new information maybe the third person who was originally arrested told the police something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back