1479 users online (272 members and 1207 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    original post i believe.

<modsnip>
    Last edited by Salem; 06-21-2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Please don't ask personal questions in the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Donyale View Post
    FootballMom, I'm looking forward to your timeline!
    very interesting the link to the article about the psychotic murder and I'm going to google that paper now!
    I've seen around the web some people making comparisons between Luka Magnotta vs Vince Li.
    The problem is the narcissist factor coupled with LM internet story,
    people find it hard to believe he could be psychotic or had some mental breakdown. IDK anymore what to think!
    Know what hit me about this line in the piece

............... as 'defensive' because the motive is to assist in hiding or moving the body, or getting rid of evidence, or making identification of the victim more difficult.

My goodness, get it if body parts were cut off to HIDE but mailing the stuff to AUTHORITIES certainly sounds more like taunting and wanting to be found as oppossed to not being caught - NO?

Appreciate the help, my goodness been an amazing 36 hours! Florida and you?

Did it take you a while to get, like the "rules" , the wordage or am I slow? And I am fine with you saying no your slow!

But I must confess ugh it is addictive, because lots of folks do not (like people not here) want t otalk about it, follow it etc .

And as an avid true crime reader, for years, I do not get ,just not wanting to know/ understand/ hear what others think, feel. ponder , mystifies me.

Quote Originally Posted by KDOGG View Post
    original post i believe.

<modsnip>?
    KDOGG

See that one above was to you but I clicked on the wrong thing and your question was not in body of response

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

takes focus and I am left brain , not right (math crap!) (organized etc)

gosh I hope now this one comes up right after the last one
    lets see !!!!!
    Last edited by Salem; 06-21-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    KDOGG

See that one above was to you but I clicked on the wrong thing and your question was not in body of response

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

takes focus and I am left brain , not right (math crap!) (organized etc)

gosh I hope now this one comes up right after the last one
    lets see !!!!!
    OK it did!

I'm not sure this has been posted in any LM threads. It is from the group that was trying to find him for the kitten postings, the AB Project.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...Zw4c7pORRNFD9w

It has some relevant background about how he operated online and some quirky things, like the wigs he wore. Beware of a couple of pics at the end of it. I skipped by really quickly.

A cautionary tale ?
    http://www.torontosun.com/news/colum...85756-sun.html

"McCaul, without question, is one disturbing piece of work. Back in 1976, the then-closeted transvestite was found not guilty by reason of insanity -- terminology which has since been replaced by "not criminally responsible" -- for the murder of Carol Lynn Millar, 25, whose badly beaten and semi-naked body was found frozen in a compost heap in a Toronto park by a man walking his dog.

The facts of the case were so grisly -- attempted sex with the corpse three days after the murder, for example -- that Ontario Supreme Court Justice Samuel Hughes barred the public and the press from the courtroom in "the interest of public morals."

Shortly after being sent to Penetang, McCaul confessed to a murder predating Millar's by five years -- that of a 61-year-old stranger, Archibald McDougal, a caretaker at Toronto's Loretto Abbey private school for girls whom he stabbed to death and mutilated with a paring knife"

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    A cautionary tale ?
    http://www.torontosun.com/news/colum...85756-sun.html

"McCaul, without question, is one disturbing piece of work. Back in 1976, the then-closeted transvestite was found not guilty by reason of insanity -- terminology which has since been replaced by "not criminally responsible" -- for the murder of Carol Lynn Millar, 25, whose badly beaten and semi-naked body was found frozen in a compost heap in a Toronto park by a man walking his dog.

The facts of the case were so grisly -- attempted sex with the corpse three days after the murder, for example -- that Ontario Supreme Court Justice Samuel Hughes barred the public and the press from the courtroom in "the interest of public morals."

Shortly after being sent to Penetang, McCaul confessed to a murder predating Millar's by five years -- that of a 61-year-old stranger, Archibald McDougal, a caretaker at Toronto's Loretto Abbey private school for girls whom he stabbed to death and mutilated with a paring knife"
    ugh
    attempted sex with the corpse three days after the murder

FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Quote Originally Posted by Donyale View Post
    FootballMom, I'm looking forward to your timeline!
    very interesting the link to the article about the psychotic murder and I'm going to google that paper now!
    I've seen around the web some people making comparisons between Luka Magnotta vs Vince Li.
    The problem is the narcissist factor coupled with LM internet story,
    people find it hard to believe he could be psychotic or had some mental breakdown. IDK anymore what to think!
    Glad you liked the article... I read the matricide research paper and found it very fascinating.

It is not at all unusual for mentally ill persons to have comorbidity.

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I'm not sure this has been posted in any LM threads. It is from the group that was trying to find him for the kitten postings, the AB Project.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...Zw4c7pORRNFD9w

It has some relevant background about how he operated online and some quirky things, like the wigs he wore. Beware of a couple of pics at the end of it. I skipped by really quickly.
    That's our old one from the 2010 incident. We updated it in early spring of 2012 after the second and third incident if you want the newer one.

http://abproject.org/docs/Kitten%20K...20-%202011.pdf

The more I delve the more interesting it gets.

http://www.onlineschools.org/what-is...d-a-sociopath/

Wondering... Psychopathic Fame Monsters

Vice Magazine (originally launched as the Voice of Montreal) is a Canadian magazine and media conglomerate focused on international arts & culture. Vice is also known for championing the "Immersionist" school of journalism which has recently produced universally praised exposes on issues in North Korea, the Japanese nuclear crisis, mental disorders; among countless others.

Bruce LaBruce is a Canadian writer, filmmaker and photographer who is a contributing writer for Vice Magazine whose articles focus on culture, arts and GLBTQ issues.

With that understanding, I found it appropriate to share LaBruce's latest article for Vice Magazine which includes a focus on Magnotta from a unique, Canadian perspective with insights on Magnotta which I would consider unique.

From Vice Magazine 20 June 2012
    By Bruce LaBruce
    Wondering... Psychopathic Fame Monsters
    http://www.vice.com/read/wondering-p...-fame-monsters

I’ve been trying to write a screenplay about a gay serial killer for quite a few years now–since the mid-90s, in fact–but it isn’t easy: For some odd reason, most financiers tend not to think of it as a project that positively reinforces the homosexual agenda. The trick is to make a movie that is, if not exactly sympathetic to the serial killer, then at least sensitive to the circumstances and psychology that have led him down this horrifying, psychopathic path, acknowledging that a certain monstrous potential may be buried inside of all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Lots of thoughts on this topic-please confine the discussion to this thread. Please remember that this is generally a layman discussion of our opinions regarding the psychological makeup of Magnotta.
    JBean, Nurse or Salem
    Would this be the appropriate thread to post the latest news updates such as this:

From the National Post
    20 June 2012
    Luka Rocco Magnotta in solitary confinement, under suicide watch in Montreal jail
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...suicide-watch/

Or should we create a thread that would be a repository and discussion of latest news updates????

Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am in the middle of putting together my analysis of LM. Because there is still a lot of information that has not been confirmed, such as possible existing medical records from his youth and record of what may have been prescribed and for what condition he may have been diagnosed with, I will base my analysis solely on his writings that he has peppered all over the net. For now I am just trying to grasp the mental illnesses, other cases that may be somewhat similar, even though there are many unique characteristics in the way this murder was committed and the unique way LM disseminated what he had done.

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast