Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 1831

Thread: Armchair psych profile and personal background

  1. #626
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    Believe me, I'm no babe in the woods when it comes to kink. And it surely is about him in a certain way. But even if you want to call it selfishness, it's deranged selfishness. Imo, no sane person feels "powerful" while eating feces...their own or someone elses. jmo
    IMO, tie urinating/defecating back into power control dynamics.

    What must we all learn about both functions - to control them until approp to let go of control. Being out of control with both is, generally, negative.
    So, with LM are we all back to control pathology.

    Also, I would deeply suspect that very bad things (abuse / household) happened, when he was, little and had an accident. Might wanting to play with feces be a acting out regarding potty training
    .
    In addition, most think either urine or feces are full of germs. He described mom as a germaphobic -- more acting out, defiance, rage and F*** you mom??
    Last edited by CARIIS; 06-24-2012 at 08:56 AM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:


  3. #627
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    This is a critical point, imo. I draw the line at defense lawyers who simply make chit up knowing perfectly well that their clients are guilty. I know some think that's fine, but I don't. However, you can treat or defend a client based on facts without compromising your ethics. I think his lawyers could totally legitimately put forward an insanity defense in this case. Again, not to excuse him, but to keep him confined in the proper space. Might not fly, but I don't think they would be unethical to do so under the circumstances.
    I really kind of think that IN THIS case-- there is without a doubt just no other choice. I mean the video is the video - is there any way, when you add up the whole last 12 months that any person could come up with the notion of reasonable doubt?
    Did LM really kill J?

    IMO, unless the jury is on LSD(!) or something there is NO other avenue here.

    ALso does anyone know of any other case, wherein video of an actual killing was in the prosecutions hands BEFORE any proceedings?

  4. #628
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    Someone over at Best Gore seems to capture the essence of LRM quite well.

    From what I’ve found, the guy has absolutely no sense of self: Take the films American Psycho, Basic Instinct, To Die For (which, if nobody knew, is about a narcissistic woman who will do anything to be on TV, including killing her husband), add obsessions with various other serial killers such as the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs, Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, and Karla Homolka, combined with Nazism, Hitler, Stalin, the Russian mafia, a bit of Satanism, the Illuminati, a 1996 video game called Ripper, Madonna, James Dean, and finally throw in some claims to necrophilia, cannibalism, bi polar disorder and schizophrenia…..and you have Luka Magnotta. One big ****nut of tropes, clichés, and overall emptiness.
    Yeah, all that and I wonder if he'll say Alexis Valoran Reich (original youtube vid poster) or Delia Reich (AKA John Mark Karr)...is the one who made him do it. Or maybe he used that name to post the vid because he viewed this person as another one that got away with it as disappeared from society after getting famous. Given the fact that Kerr later changed his name to Reich, maybe they have a nazi connection. It's kind of ironic that LM ended up getting busted in Germany of all places. It's all so twisted and clear as mud.

    http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...d_jonbenet.php

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CuriousRus For This Useful Post:


  6. #629
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    Thought this was an interesting blog. If I can't post blog links, I'll delete it!

    http://blogs.canada.com/2012/06/23/s...t-is-our-duty/
    Hi,
    You know, you and I are on the same page on this theme!

    Shoot, in this case I have not even heard anything akin to -- It’s not enough to say: “I told so-and-so that a child was at risk. I did my part.”

    Well, maybe one person, the reporter ( I think Joe Warmington) who asked him if needed help after the interview.

  7. #630
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra20 View Post
    I did not know this. There is little research on the net about this.
    LM even uses this innocent person's middle name as well I believe. What is LM trying to gain from this?
    IMO, I think it was a way for LM, to let everyone know that he is obsessed with serial killers,murderers, rapists, etc. That he loved deviance of any kind.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:


  9. #631
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Hastings, I'm not sure I understand your question. We know he refused the psych evaluation and some experts weighed in with opinions based on what they know of Eric Newman. Some of the same information we know of him and their opinion is Eric Newman is so narcissistic that being evaluated for 30 days and the world knowing he is institutionalized and labelling him as mentally ill was not part of his plan. His plan is/was to be famous. Like all those before him who recieved international coverage and books written about them and even movies.

    If he is locked up in a mental ward, it's over. No trial, no jury, no media, no cameras. He will be a nobody. His choice to go with judge and jury, the trial will last at least 3 months. He will perhaps make front page and people will talk about him and this case for years to come.

    That was his plan all along. He didn't want to take that risk,



    I hope I answered your question. It's still early and I may need more coffee. lol
    On this issue, IMO, I think this was SOLELY lawyer. Pretty confident the lawyer set pretty clear boundaries. If I am going to deal with the case , you will let me be the one making the decisions. Is that clear? !

    I think by not doing eval now, look how it worked out - NOTHING is happening for 9 months as it stands now! We all know in March more dancing.
    Buying time legally.

    Hey, you got me on tape mutulating another human being - not really sure if I would have anything in my closet that could quite outshock that , no?

    Just legal buying time. Media in a year and half the trial ,in AMerica, IMO, page 4 blurb from day one of the trial (and remember guys IMO, I do not think he will be alive (suicide or killed in jail- JMO!)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:


  11. #632
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,302
    He went from being labelled a "porn star" to "porn actor" and now...."small-time porn actor".

    That just cracked me up. You are NOTHING, Eric.

    The 29-year-old former small-time porn actor was moved to the R.D.P. jail on Tuesday afternoon.
    http://www.intelligencer.ca/2012/06/...constant-watch

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  13. #633
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,302
    Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    On this issue, IMO, I think this was SOLELY lawyer. Pretty confident the lawyer set pretty clear boundaries. If I am going to deal with the case , you will let me be the one making the decisions. Is that clear? !

    I think by not doing eval now, look how it worked out - NOTHING is happening for 9 months as it stands now! We all know in March more dancing.
    Buying time legally.

    Hey, you got me on tape mutulating another human being - not really sure if I would have anything in my closet that could quite outshock that , no?

    Just legal buying time. Media in a year and half the trial ,in AMerica, IMO, page 4 blurb from day one of the trial (and remember guys IMO, I do not think he will be alive (suicide or killed in jail- JMO!)

    I disagree with your first paragraph. Ultimately, the accused decides.


    As for your theory that he will kill himself, I don't see how considering he's being watched 24/7 but hey, maybe someone will turn their backs for a couple of hours and slip him a cord or something. I wish.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  15. #634
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    IMO ...obfuscation, to further toy with people, displaying mastery over people since he has tended to feel powerless. And to evade detection. If the picture of who he is is too complicated it's hard to control him. My sense is that Luka is more concerned with a feeling of control--avoiding being controlled at all costs--than he is with real life success. Also, he appears to have wanted to outdo other sickos (in a strange, paradoxical, original-unoriginal way, patchworking different personas). Further, this would be a slight against a wannabe criminal and someone innocent. ...perhaps victimization of others as a means to avoid victimization of the self, which might point to a severe form of complex PTSD as well as the violentization process.

    So really, using this person's name would likely fulfill Luka's psychological drive in multiple ways.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comple...tress_disorder

    http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas/tchessay64.htm
    Re: innocent person's middle name

    He relates to being victimized AND victimizing others possibly?
    IMO , back to power /control!
    When I was the victim I was powerless - when I am victimizing someone I have ALL the power and control.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:


  17. #635
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousRus View Post
    Yeah, all that and I wonder if he'll say Alexis Valoran Reich (original youtube vid poster) or Delia Reich (AKA John Mark Karr)...is the one who made him do it. Or maybe he used that name to post the vid because he viewed this person as another one that got away with it as disappeared from society after getting famous. Given the fact that Kerr later changed his name to Reich, maybe they have a nazi connection. It's kind of ironic that LM ended up getting busted in Germany of all places. It's all so twisted and clear as mud.

    http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...d_jonbenet.php
    My goodness the German angle is , gosh, I do not know what it is!
    It is a startling thing you pointed out , however.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:


  19. #636
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I disagree with your first paragraph. Ultimately, the accused decides.


    As for your theory that he will kill himself, I don't see how considering he's being watched 24/7 but hey, maybe someone will turn their backs for a couple of hours and slip him a cord or something. I wish.
    The guards are people too, and respectfully, very respectfully , the general feeling I get here is most would love to just kill him.

    But they will not keep him on, "one on one" for 9 months - staffing/ $$!!

  20. #637
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    277
    One scenario that you may not have thought of is that perhaps the prescribed medication is something fairly new. Perhaps during his incarceration in Germany his lawyer had him see a psychiatrist who is the one that prescribed the meds for depression, etc. We do not know the dosage which could very well be extremely low. This could me a very calculated move by the defense. This may be the only venue they have to fight the Crowns allegations.

    Also many of you, when you saw the word "dysfunctional " , thought that what LM posted about abuse was true. My definition of dysfunctional is much broader, and having read a lot of lies from LM, I am starting to think that what the aunt meant was not what LM alluded to. I can't trust his words at all at this point.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:


  22. #638
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    The guards are people too, and respectfully, very respectfully , the general feeling I get here is most would love to just kill him.

    But they will not keep him on, "one on one" for 9 months - staffing/ $$!!
    He will stay in isolation for the 9 months, his lawyers will see to that.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:


  24. #639
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    In regards to this article http://blogs.canada.com/2012/06/23/s...t-is-our-duty/, I couldn't help wondering about some things.

    In the past he clearly made some acquaintances and/or friends. Even relationships, not long ones, but still. All those stories discribe "red flag moments". But the stories never revealed whether or not someone took action after those "red flag moments". They simply state " he made jokes about killing animals" or " He suffered from mood swings " (I just took 2 examples, matou contributed a whole list about what has been said, thanks for that ), but there is no word about how the interviewed has reacted on those occassions, other then " yes I found it disdurbing ", " I stopped seeing him ".

    A natural reaction when noticing red flags or even danger is: omg, I need to get out of this ASAP. But if you are acquaintances and/or friends with someone for a certain timespan, also a normal reaction is, that you develop a certain feeling of "caring " or
    " well-being " for this person, otherwise you wouldn't hang out with them. I keep wondering whether his former acquaintances or friends, reached out a hand. Asking why he felt a certain way or crave fame for example. Or did they simply turned their backs on him, just for their own sake.

    Now I don't try to put the blame on anyone here, just some things I was wondering about. Just food for thought basicly.

  25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shimmers For This Useful Post:


  26. #640
    CARIIS's Avatar
    CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,115

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:


  28. #641
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    277
    MENTAL ILLNESS IN THE CRIMINAL CODE

    Section 16(1) of the Canadian Criminal Code explains the defence of mental disorder as “No person is criminally responsible for an act committed or an omission made while suffering from a mental disorder that rendered the person incapable of appreciating the quality and nature of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong.”

    Not Criminally Responsible On Account Of Mental Disorder (NCRMD)
    To be found NCRMD the accused must go through a court-ordered psychiatric assessment by a certified expert. It must be shown that the accused was suffering from a mental disorder at the time of the offence and therefore was incapable of appreciating the nature or quality of the act/omission and did not understand that it was wrong. *If the accused is found not criminally responsible, he/she is neither convicted nor acquitted and therefore not sentenced. Instead, the Court Review Board will decide on the most appropriate arrangement which may be 1)*absolute discharge 2)*discharge with conditions or 3)*detention in a hospital based on a set of criteria that have been set out by the Criminal Code.

    Fitness to Stand Trial
    The criminal justice system of Canada presumes fitness, however if the accused unable to understand the proceedings or communicate with counsel then he/she will be deemed unfit to stand trial. The Canadian Criminal Code defines ‘unfit to stand trial’ as, “unable on account of mental disorder to conduct a defence at any stage of the proceedings before a verdict is rendered or to instruct counsel to do so.” *If an individual is found to be unfit then he/she is dealt with by the Court Review Board until he/she is considered to be fit and tried. An inquiry will be held two years after the initial finding to determine if there is adequate information, this process will continue every two years until the accused is either acquitted or tried. If there is sufficient evidence that treatment will render the accused fit without causing any harm to the accused, the court may order medical treatment. This treatment, however, may not exceed a period of 60 days.

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:


  30. #642
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    8,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
    MENTAL ILLNESS IN THE CRIMINAL CODE

    Section 16(1) of the Canadian Criminal Code explains the defence of mental disorder as “No person is criminally responsible for an act committed or an omission made while suffering from a mental disorder that rendered the person incapable of appreciating the quality and nature of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong.”

    Not Criminally Responsible On Account Of Mental Disorder (NCRMD)
    To be found NCRMD the accused must go through a court-ordered psychiatric assessment by a certified expert. It must be shown that the accused was suffering from a mental disorder at the time of the offence and therefore was incapable of appreciating the nature or quality of the act/omission and did not understand that it was wrong. *If the accused is found not criminally responsible, he/she is neither convicted nor acquitted and therefore not sentenced. Instead, the Court Review Board will decide on the most appropriate arrangement which may be 1)*absolute discharge 2)*discharge with conditions or 3)*detention in a hospital based on a set of criteria that have been set out by the Criminal Code.
    <rs&bbm>

    I'm a bit confused on the bolded part. In the case of Allan Schoenborn, he was found Guilty but NCR:

    from:
    http://pysih.com/2010/08/17/allen-dwayne-schoenborn/

    In February, 2010, B.C. Supreme Court Justice Robert Powers, who heard the three-month trial in Kamloops without a jury, found that the killings were deliberate and planned by Allen Dwayne Schoenborn, and found him guilty of first-degree murder in their deaths BUT that he was not sane at the time. Guilty but not criminally responsible was the verdict. That’s right, deliberate and premeditated murders, and a subsequent ten-day flight from police, but he’s not responsible.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:


  32. #643
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    277
    I'm a bit confused on the bolded part. In the case of Allan Schoenborn, he was found Guilty but NCR:
    I believe it meant that he was guilty of the killing (meaning no question he killed the person based on the evidence) but found to be insane at the time of the killing based on evidence. Therefore he would appear before a Board who would decide treatment, review, and decision as to how best to treat his insanity and decide how long he would be held in a psychiatric facility and if his condition was treatable. If his condition was deemed to not be treatable he would be kept in the psychiatric facility indefinitely and if treatable a decision would be made at multiple board hearings if and when he could be released.

  33. #644
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    8,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
    I believe it meant that he was guilty of the killing (meaning no question he killed the person based on the evidence) but found to be insane at the time of the killing based on evidence. Therefore he would appear before a Board who would decide treatment, review, and decision as to how best to treat his insanity and decide how long he would be held in a psychiatric facility and if his condition was treatable. If his condition was deemed to not be treatable he would be kept in the psychiatric facility indefinitely and if treatable a decision would be made at multiple board hearings if and when he could be released.
    Thanks Mbshafeena, I do understand that part ... but what i'm confused about is the CCC section that was quoted (sorry, not in front of me right now) indicated that there would be no conviction or sentencing. In Schoenborn's case, there was an actual conviction of Guilty but NCR. It's the "conviction" part i'm having trouble figuring out because it seems to say one thing in the CCC but seems to have played out differently in real life in the Schoenborn matter.

  34. #645
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    277
    Additional information re that case, we may not like it or agree with it. LM's defense may be going to try and use the same to get their client ......


  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:


  36. #646
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    I hadn't heard the connection mentioned yet, but the alias LM used when he uploaded the One Lunatic One Ice Pick Discussion video on youtube was Alexis Valoran Reich.

    This is the name of a transsexual who is aka John Mark Karr... Karr made a false confession in the Jon Benet Ramsey case.

    Alexis Reich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hey! you noticed this too, so strange right?!!!
    I've asked about it in the thread #10 when other posters where saying that LM could be an hermaphrodite. here goes what I wrote:
    "This is just speculation from my part but there is always a possibility that he planned for his future to have a sex change and get a new identity before being found by the police. I came up with this theory because when he promoted the 1lunatic 1ice pick video on youtube, he used an account called "alexisvaloranreich". And according to wikipedia:
    "Alexis Valoran Reich (born December 11, 1964) is an American trans woman formerly known as John Mark Karr who in 2006 falsely confessed to the unsolved murder of six-year-old JonBenét Ramsey."
    Now this is no evidence and is probably unrelated since he had so many aliases, but I found interesting the youtube nickname choice. "

  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Donyale For This Useful Post:


  38. #647
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    277
    A conviction is only given I believe at the sentencing which did not happen. You can not sentence in this case. The so called "sentence"' for lack of a better word, in this case because of insanity or not criminally .... gives all rights to the Board only and not the court or judge.

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:


  40. #648
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    8,704
    Seems most of the MSM got it wrong. I think the Globe & Mail got it right by quoting the judge as follows:

    "I find that Mr. Schoenborn did commit the first-degree murder for each of his children ... but is not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder," Mr. Justice Robert Powers of B.C. Supreme Court ruled.
    full article at:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1210329/

    So no finding of GUILT per se. Good job by G&M !!

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:


  42. #649
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    I once had a neighbour who was seriously into s and m and who delighted in telling (hoping to shock, I think) people all about it. Ironically, when he was hurt through "natural" causes, like a cut or sprain, he complained bitterly and endlessly about the pain.
    maybe because when he was hurt by natural causes it was upsetting because he wasn't expecting and couldn't anticipate the pain, control and say stop like in a S&M bondage game. I've heard somewhere that the sexual slave always has the power because he is the one that can say stop to his master.

    It's interesting that in several posts Magnotta claims to dream about being gang raped in prison or ask to be raped by a stranger but at the same time he wrote one long post whining that he was raped in a foreign country and had to go to the ER and his mother left him there alone. Do you guys remember those posts? It's so confusing to me because he asks to be raped and then when he is raped he complains... so it could be that when he lacks control, he freaks out. IDK...
    Last edited by Donyale; 06-24-2012 at 12:58 PM.

  43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donyale For This Useful Post:


  44. #650
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    277
    I forgot to mention this when we found out that LM was apparently on prescribed medication...that one of the many side-effects of at least one of these is weight gain. That is something I do know happens because of my brother-in-law and his meds for his schizophrenia and he put on a lot of weight very quickly. Perhaps my theory that LM was only recently prescribed these drugs by the Geman psychiatrist may prove true or he was not taking them. I do however reiterate that schizophrenics not on meds are VERY agitated and can not function and LM seemed to be able to premeditated by announcing this vid on line two weeks before the actual murder, dispose of body very methologically and purchase an air ticket and make his escape. If that is someone that is not in control of his faculties.....

  45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:


Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Armchair Psych Profile- George Zimmerman
    By elementary in forum George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:31 PM
  2. TH armchair psych thread #2
    By 32beatspersecond in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 03:44 PM
  3. Terri's Armchair Psych Profile #1
    By cluciano63 in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
  4. JAG Armchair Psych Profile Family Dynamics
    By JBean in forum Chelsea King
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 12:28 PM
  5. Harrell Armchair Psych Profile
    By JBean in forum Somer Renee Thompson
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 06:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •