1500 users online (310 members and 1190 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
    I am in the middle of putting together my analysis of LM. Because there is still a lot of information that has not been confirmed, such as possible existing medical records from his youth and record of what may have been prescribed and for what condition he may have been diagnosed with, I will base my analysis solely on his writings that he has peppered all over the net. For now I am just trying to grasp the mental illnesses, other cases that may be somewhat similar, even though there are many unique characteristics in the way this murder was committed and the unique way LM disseminated what he had done.
    Really looking forward to your analysis.

Mental Illiness update

Luka Rocco Magnotta has been transferred to an east-end Montreal jail where he has been placed into solitary confinement and is under a 24-hour suicide watch while awaiting his next court appearance.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...suicide-watch/

Quote Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
    Really looking forward to your analysis.
    Link below:
    Interesting: - Narcissism
    -Grandiose sense of self-importance.
    -Fantasies of and preoccupied with beauty, brilliance, ideal love, power, or unlimited success.
    -belief of being special and unique and can only be understood or a need to associate with people of high status.
    - need for excessive admiration.
    - Unreasonable expectation of being treated with favor or excepting an automatic compliance to her / his wishes.
    -will use others to achieve her / his goals.
    -lacks empathy.
    - believes others are envious of her / him or is envious of others.
    -contemptuous or haughty attitudes / behaviors."
    http://www.echo.me.uk/npd1.htm

I am in the middle of putting together my analysis of LM. Because there is still a lot of information that has not been confirmed, such as possible existing medical records from his youth and record of what may have been prescribed and for what condition he may have been diagnosed with, I will base my analysis solely on his writings that he has peppered all over the net. For now I am just trying to grasp the mental illnesses, other cases that may be somewhat similar, even though there are many unique characteristics in the way this murder was committed and the unique way LM disseminated what he had done.
    Link below

Body dimorphic disorder:
    -Body dimorphic disorder is a type of chronic mental illness in which you can't stop thinking about a flaw with your appearance

-obsess over your appearance and body image

-seek out numerous cosmetic procedures to try to "fix" your perceived flaws

Avoidance of mirrors altogether (closet door)

Frequent cosmetic procedures with little satisfaction

Need to wear excessive makeup or clothing to camouflage perceived flaws

Common features people may obsess about: Nose, Hair. Skin, Acne Baldness, Genitalia

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bod...CTION=symptoms

JBean, Nurse or Salem
    Would this be the appropriate thread to post the latest news updates such as this:

From the National Post
    20 June 2012
    Luka Rocco Magnotta in solitary confinement, under suicide watch in Montreal jail

Or should we create a thread that would be a repository and discussion of latest news updates????

Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Oh did not see this and just posted it sorry! Suicidal ideation often associated with mental illiness no?

necrophilia
    Link below

Figuratively, the term necrophilia describes an inordinate desire to control another person, usually in the context of a romantic or interpersonal relationship; the accusation is that the person is so interpersonally controlling as to be better-suited to relationships with nonresponsive people.

Sexual attraction to corpses

Overcoming feelings of isolation

Seeking self-esteem by expressing power over a homicide victim (12%).[2]

Read more: http://www.monstropedia.org/index.ph...#ixzz1yNbxrYfe

Broad spectrum of necrophilia behaviors, ranging from fantasies alone to murder for the sake of procuring a dead body.

The presence of other paraphilia’s or personality disorders, however, can manifest in more grotesque or sadistic elements such as mutilation of the corpse, drinking the blood or urine, or homicide

Research has determined an alarming rate of homicide in order to obtain a body for subsequent sexual violation

42% of their study sample of necrophilia had murdered in order to obtain a body.

http://www.forensicpsychiatry.ca/paraphilia/necro.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    Oh did not see this and just posted it sorry! Suicidal ideation often associated with mental illiness no?
    It actually isn't unusual for prisoners awaiting trial to be placed on suicide watch at first. It doesn't necessarily indicate mental illness. Could go either way, but I reckon it is just a precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
    It actually isn't unusual for prisoners awaiting trial to be placed on suicide watch at first. It doesn't necessarily indicate mental illness. Could go either way, but I reckon it is just a precaution.
    From what I've read here and there about other cases, it's SOP in a case like this, particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    Luka Rocco Magnotta has been transferred to an east-end Montreal jail where he has been placed into solitary confinement and is under a 24-hour suicide watch while awaiting his next court appearance.

Oh dear.... I was going to say something ugly about him having seen the horrid sketch of him yesterday, or really any of the REAL-LIFE pictures of him that have been taken without him having a chance to put on make-up and a hair piece. I will refrain from those statements. Maybe he is just missing the internet. I truly find it difficult to fathom an individual who can make multiple films of himself torturing kittens and then a film of him doing things beyond description to JL and FILMING it, but after arrest decides he feels bad enough to kill himself? NO WAY!!!! Just another act in the LM show.... an act that is NEVER, EVER, EVER going to be a sold-out show.

JBean, Nurse or Salem
    Would this be the appropriate thread to post the latest news updates such as this:

From the National Post
    20 June 2012
    Luka Rocco Magnotta in solitary confinement, under suicide watch in Montreal jail

Or should we create a thread that would be a repository and discussion of latest news updates????

Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    We don't read every post so make sure you alert when you want make sure we see something.
    Put all new articles in the media updates, which is a list only thread. Then if you want to discuss ,put it in the thread that is discussing topic related to the article. If there is no thread and it warrants discussion of its own then
    start a new thread. But not a daily update thread at this time. Hth

Dissent thanks for your posts. He was extradited overly quickly and yes he should have been on a commercial plane. Need to hear the experts on that I mean critical ones before I change my mind. And I don't see any particular reason for barring media. Lots of criminals love the limelight and it is galling but right of the public and the media trumps that. And now he is in solitary suicide watch to me predictable.

Most on this site think LM killed this one person (I don't want to say only) so I am not sure what differentiates his crimes from many others others than the video and the indignity to a corpse a separate charge. For example some sleuthers have suggested that S. Varaschin's body was moved so the killer could "visit" her and someone earlier brought up someone having sex with a three day old corpse. Who knows what these maniacs all do. What is different about LM? That is what I trying to find out and figure out. To me there are odd aspects of this that make him seem almost like a political prisoner - now it may be that the threats to the PM have upgraded him and they are treating him differently. We don't know what those threats said completely or exactly.

E. Dramatica: I was just documenting the fact that a link to the necro page which had info I had found important appears to have been scrubbed without the May update date being changed and that the paragraph which did suggest "conspiracy" (which here which just mean it wasn't LM alone) is also missing.

Many posters have talked about that site indirectly in relation to the IQ because that where the low figure came from I think. I argued against the EB info on his IQ and I am not a devotee of that site. But now that the MSM is becoming more and more controlled in Canada and less investigative we need to walk a tightrope of using accepted sources but being alive to info and buried truths elsewhere - we don't have to believe them just keep them in mind.

Psychopath: he is that and more I agree. China: I was thinking about that later and think China will go along with Canada closing this thing up very quickly for the reasons that have been discussed.

I appreciate your excellent post though I have to say when I got home I found the news about him being put into solitary etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Oh dear.... I was going to say something ugly about him having seen the horrid sketch of him yesterday, or really any of the REAL-LIFE pictures of him that have been taken without him having a chance to put on make-up and a hair piece. I will refrain from those statements. Maybe he is just missing the internet. I truly find it difficult to fathom an individual who can make multiple films of himself torturing kittens and then a film of him doing things beyond description to JL and FILMING it, but after arrest decides he feels bad enough to kill himself? NO WAY!!!! Just another act in the LM show.... an act that is NEVER, EVER, EVER going to be a sold-out show.
    imo, he's done nothing particular to make anyone think he's likely to off himself. This is sop in high-profile/high-risk cases, if not others. I wouldn't let the label stop you. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley8 View Post
    Dissent thanks for your posts. He was extradited overly quickly and yes he should have been on a commercial plane. Need to hear the experts on that I mean critical ones before I change my mind. And I don't see any particular reason for barring media. Lots of criminals love the limelight and it is galling but right of the public and the media trumps that. And now he is in solitary suicide watch to me predictable.

Most on this site think LM killed this one person (I don't want to say only) so I am not sure what differentiates his crimes from many others others than the video and the indignity to a corpse a separate charge. For example some sleuthers have suggested that S. Varaschin's body was moved so the killer could "visit" her and someone earlier brought up someone having sex with a three day old corpse. Who knows what these maniacs all do. What is different about LM? That is what I trying to find out and figure out. To me there are odd aspects of this that make him seem almost like a political prisoner - now it may be that the threats to the PM have upgraded him and they are treating him differently. We don't know what those threats said completely or exactly.

E. Dramatica: I was just documenting the fact that a link to the necro page which had info I had found important appears to have been scrubbed without the May update date being changed and that the paragraph which did suggest "conspiracy" (which here which just mean it wasn't LM alone) is also missing.

Many posters have talked about that site indirectly in relation to the IQ because that where the low figure came from I think. I argued against the EB info on his IQ and I am not a devotee of that site. But now that the MSM is becoming more and more controlled in Canada and less investigative we need to walk a tightrope of using accepted sources but being alive to info and buried truths elsewhere - we don't have to believe them just keep them in mind.

Psychopath: he is that and more I agree. China: I was thinking about that later and think China will go along with Canada closing this thing up very quickly for the reasons that have been discussed.

I appreciate your excellent post though I have to say when I got home I found the news about him being put into solitary etc.

Imo, this is way off base. He agreed to extradition so it was done, pronto, as it should be. While many prisoners are transported on commercial airlines, I have no doubt that it was best to avoid that debacle in this case. For real?...they're gonna put him on the next random Air Canada flight?. I don't freakin think so! The 24 hour hold is typical, imo. Nothing at all to do with him being special. To do with liability issues only. I really don't know what the point is. A high level canadian official special ordered a necrophilia snuff film and is now protecting himself with quick extradition, gov't aircraft and a suicide hold? Seriously? They would have just let him get away. He has no credibility. We've seen his posts, pics and blogs on the internet, right?

I am having such mixed emotions after I read about LM on suicide watch. I went to the Corrections Canada site to get what the policy is on this being invoked. I have to admit my first reaction was here we go with the theatrics and manipulation. He is going before the judge tomorrow and his lawyer will be asking the judge to allow his client to undergo psychiatric assessment. Since we know that they spoke on the phone last night, I am afraid that my reaction to this news and LM's history, and based on his past behaviours online, that he was going to stage this to ensure the judge has no other choice but to allow the 30 day assessment. Then I calmed down and thought it is better to err on the side of caution, real or not, to ensure that he does stand trial eventually. Perhaps, as others have said, it is precautionary and has nothing to do with his behaviour that has raised the flag to put him on this watch.

I am having such mixed emotions after I read about LM on suicide watch. I went to the Corrections Canada site to get what the policy is on this being invoked. I have to admit my first reaction was here we go with the theatrics and manipulation. He is going before the judge tomorrow and his lawyer will be asking the judge to allow his client to undergo psychiatric assessment. Since we know that they spoke on the phone last night, I am afraid that my reaction to this news and LM's history, and based on his past behaviours online, that he was going to stage this to ensure the judge has no other choice but to allow the 30 day assessment. Then I calmed down and thought it is better to err on the side of caution, real or not, to ensure that he does stand trial eventually. Perhaps, as others have said, it is precautionary and has nothing to do with his behaviour that has raised the flag to put him on this watch.

I would bet a million dollars that his status has nothing to do with anything he has said or done while in custody. jmo

Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast