Page 30 of 123 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pippirose View Post
    Maybe just because of the fact that his grandparents raised him for part of his childhood? He feels closer to them--a special bond.
    His mind works strange. It's as if English is his second language. I read in The Psychopath Test that psychopaths misuse words frequently, because they cannot relate emotionally to what they mean. I'll try to find a link and direct quote.

I don't think he thought he was really Catherine Trammel, just liked the persona and pretending to be that character.
    If Manny is NOT real, then it's another fantasy he created or scapegoat. Either he is aware he fabricated him or is delusional and actually believes he is real.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to x_files For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    true and she never told her family she made a baby
    CARIIS, you are quoting yourself and answering your own post but I have no idea what you are talking about !! What is "f 6 th grade" ??

Clue me in please and Thanx !!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    I think at some point, he thought he was Catherine Tramell. His eyebrows, his hairstyle and colour. His smoking. Also, in the movie, Catherine Tramell uses the fact that she wrote about killing with an icepick as an alibi. Now LM (as Catherine Tramell) may think he could use his obsession with the movie as his alibi since the killer uses an icepick and blogged about it beforehand. If that makes any sense.

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_r...=1338991776257
    http://www.examiner.com/article/actr...umes-2011-gala
    yes you are so right! great comparison! he even called his abuser 'Manny' just like Catherine Tramell's fiancé....
    but what about this:
    Geena Davis as Samantha Caine from Long Goodnight Kiss movie?
    in the movie she is an assassin

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donyale For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra20 View Post

Do we believe these incest claims made by LM? Before I read he had sex with his sister, now it is his Mother going by this account???
    These are very weird claims!! Sick fantasy of his maybe???
    He also claimed he had sex with his aunt (the one who died).

Seems he claims sex with all the females in the family, but hates his dad? Hmmm

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

I think a lot of insight could be gained if we try to find truth in LMs blog posts. I mean, as full of himself as he was, he sure was associating his name with some messed up stuff for it to all be lies. We don't know anything really about his personal life except for what he has posted so it's worth considering. Mixed in with his cries for attention are cries for help, I believe.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sinwonderland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmers View Post
    Well, is some cases there are camera's in the courtroom. But they may not film the accused, or at least it isn't brodcasted due to "violation of privacy right" ( yup we do have that here ). They mostly film the judge ( we dont have a jury ) reading a verdict or statements, we see the prosecuter claiming their statements and the defense doing the same. So the images are limited, but there are court-sketchers ( imho better then what I've seen in this LRM case lol ) and we see those images on tv. There are cases where also the accused is filmed, but those are rare. And if filmed, usually the shots are taken from an angle at the back, so you could see an ear and a portion of the cheek and the rest is the back of the head. Oeh I must also state, that the accused is not in a "cage" but sits next to his attorney.
    While the media is usually allowed in the court room, I have never seen one criminal case in Canada that has been filmed and made public. Please provide some examples.

As for "they mostly film the judge (we dont have a jury)", where is that coming from? We absolutely do have jurys, and LRM has chosen trial by jury.

The accused may sit next to his attorney, but in high profile cases (i.e. Pickton, Rafferty, Russ Williams), they are in the prisoner's box for security reasons.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pippirose View Post
    Maybe just because of the fact that his grandparents raised him for part of his childhood? He feels closer to them--a special bond.
    I wondered about the 2 pics of him with the elderly couple that appeared to me to be Russian (mostly because of the way the gentleman was dressed with the Cossack style hat and somewhat military style woolen coat). Whoever they were, they appeared very pleased to be having their pic taken with LRM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

IA w/ statements LRM is not making all of his childhood history up. As someone who was abused, when I saw him in the news I felt something "relatable" about him (if you understand, not the murderous rage, haha, but the familiar demeanor, sadness, and words of an abused invidual). I am attracted to narcissist loners, too, and had one ex in particular who had the same type of background as LRM (molested, hated mother & sister for not protecting him) and was just messed up under the surface. We were friends for years then dated and this crazy, raging vengeful switch just flipped on. He is still alone, unable to sustain long-term relationships. He does weird things for attention (he actually got sued for some of his internet activities and was pretty remorseless about how he defamed other people). That said, from what I have seen, the things that LRM talks about happening seem to create specific patterns in men I have seen go through the same thing.

I know several of you have discussed schizophrenia, and I was thinking his traits relate more closely to schizoid--flat affect and speech, asociality, intimacy issues, as well as creation of a fantasy world, which seems to be the case here. To me, this guy tried so hard to create a sense of self and reality that he created one where he was so dissociated that he thought of himself as the star in his own movie. I think that dissociation could also explain some of the lack of realization of the impact of his actions, as well as the fact that some folks do not seem to agree he is a psychopath. I can't diagnose either, of course, but food for thought.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ToBeHonest For This Useful Post:

interesting question!

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    I wonder why LM seemed to especially want Russians to see him as a sk?

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/18/a...cebook-friend/

Then, under Personal Information — activities, interests, favorite music and so on —the same phrase appears over and over and over in Russian Cyrillic script:

“серийный убийца”

Over and over. Seven times in all: “серийный убийца.”

“Cерийный убийца” is Russian for “serial killer.”
    Very good question but I'm stumped Dotr what do you think? What does anyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    That is FUNNY! ha
    true too --- how many stoned people do you know that are eating other peoples faces off NONE a quarter pounder ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Funny !
    This is morbid stuff a laugh here and there a good thing FUnny!
    I've had to resist making a joke here and there to avoid offending anyone. I also avoid making comments like, "I'd bet me right arm..." because, well, you know. :P

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunday For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by matou
    I think at some point, he thought he was Catherine Tramell. His eyebrows, his hairstyle and colour. His smoking. Also, in the movie, Catherine Tramell uses the fact that she wrote about killing with an icepick as an alibi. Now LM (as Catherine Tramell) may think he could use his obsession with the movie as his alibi since the killer uses an icepick and blogged about it beforehand. If that makes any sense.
    The comparison photos are really similar. Neat observation. Too bad LM lacks the intelligence of Trammel's character. He might be able to mimic her look or a gesture...even overtly use her name as a nod to his idolizing her, but he lacks the smarts and the social skills to even remotely come off as cunning as her character. Check out clip below to see for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO9wi...has_verified=1

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mozzmo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    While the media is usually allowed in the court room, I have never seen one criminal case in Canada that has been filmed and made public. Please provide some examples.

As for "they mostly film the judge (we dont have a jury)", where is that coming from? We absolutely do have jurys, and LRM has chosen trial by jury.

The accused may sit next to his attorney, but in high profile cases (i.e. Pickton, Rafferty, Russ Williams), they are in the prisoner's box for security reasons.
    Shimmers wasnt talking about the Canadian system...

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pannekoek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzmo View Post
    In the above post LM says toward the end (his post is #165):

"Some people are so manipulateive its hard to describe them because people will think YOUR the crazy one.....NO NO NO....my MOTHER is the crazy one and she is truly messed up beyond words."

This in part could support my hypothesis of how him pleaing insanity would not be palitable for him. As he says..HE is NOT the crazy one. His MOTHER is.
    Can't repeat everything I have said but I have developed an idea till now, that the Canadian state to keep L.M. quiet will railroad him towards a quick not guilty arrangement due to insanity (just roughly speaking) - his lawyer (and or L.M.) may understand this and be loathe to play into their hands at least yet.

They may want to see what the state has in terms of DNA of course they will have DNA but the lawyer for sure will want to see if anyone else's DNA is part of that crime scene. Not just in real terms of course but in terms of fashioning a defense. The web aspect is a quagmire for both sides but especially the prosecution. What is real and what isn't?

If I am right and LM may have privileged knowledge of one or more of the elite in one or more of several countries, through back channels his lawyer will try to use that to get LM a more favourable verdict or sentence. The government may think that they are caving if they allow an insanity plea but if LM has a good lawyer he will try to better than that, a life in some godawful mental hospital.

Also in terms of mental health not sure if there has been a discussion of perversion as a separate area of psychiatry (coprophilia etc).
    Perversions often exist with other mental health issues but often are treated as a separate field.

I think the interpretation of the perversions will differ depending on what approach - turning to psychoanalysis rather than simple psychiatry definitions from the (Melanie) Kleinian groups would link the development of various perversions to VERY early human experience, the first year of life.
    Some perversions like coprophilia are treated as "sicker" by most psychiatrists than say voyeurism, but even the latter can hopelessly damage a person's life due to the social opprobrium and likelihood of criminal charges.

They're distributed throughout society and hidden so again, LM may have clients whose past with him involves horribly damaging material - obviously just a picture with him would be damaging let alone a coprophilia soiree. I think it is likely rather than unlikely that this is the real situation hence his very special treatment. Plus the possibility that he has worked as an informant: I base this on the Fusilliers pub incident and discussed my thoughts on a previous thread.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chorley8 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pannekoek View Post
    Shimmers wasnt talking about the Canadian system...
    Thanks, but Shimmers was responding to CARIIS' post that enquired about in Canada:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Armchair psych profile and personal background

If the information Shimmers replied with does not apply to Canada, that's fine, but don't want other posters to get confused by the info (unless i'm the only one who misunderstood, LOL)
    Last edited by KateB; 05-19-2015 at 12:44 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

OEJ

CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra20 View Post
    If he wanted help that bad he could have seen a doctor or a psychiatrist off his own back right? I know there is evidence he did those things since we know now he is on meds, but maybe he needed to make it clear to the professionals that he had these unhealthy thoughts, not just strangers on the net who really can't do much since they did not know him in person
    Family, friends tricks people in bars anyone who ran into him could easily tell he was troubled. Listen to all of us seeing him on a tv in 8 videos. He is off, his eyes are off his affective presentation is off. Mainly family responsiblity.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 123 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast