Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thinking of the type of person who might be a "fan" of LM are these cat killing "art filmmakers."I remember this Toronto case from about 10 years ago, but cannot immediately find the link, but a news piece is in the first post of this link.
    http://www.thecatsite.com/t/16188/ma...n-cat-skinning

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

And back to pathology/sociopathy - does anyone here remember the murder of the Eaton relative in Toronto many years ago? She befriended a 17-year-old boy who was clearly disturbed. (She didn't know it at the time that he was mentally ill, I don't think). She lived in an upscale area of Toronto and she even gave him a key to her place so he could 'get away from things' when he wanted to do so.

BUT, there's a HUGE difference between this young man and LRM. This young man felt something bad was about to happen with his mental illness. He went to Toronto General Hospital for help - they said he'd be OK and sent him on his way.

Shortly after the hospital visit, the Eaton woman was found stabbed to death in her bathtub.

He pleaded insanity and to this day he's incarcerated in The Hospital For The Criminally Insane in Penetanguishene.

I'm pointing out this case because this young man KNEW he was about to lose control and commit a horrible crime. LRM is not in the same category.

Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    Sorry, I don't know why you would read what everyone says about it if you weren't curious yourself. If he's a monster and you know it, none of any of this should matter right?
    We are all "curious" about this maniac. Some of us wish to LEARN more about the human condition. That said, I certainly don't want to lay eyes on him......ever. It's helpful to learn about what created this maniac so (perhaps) one day we'll eradicate this kind of evil. Hopefully..............

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    Yes (tried forced span 9th grade like spelling, commas bored me!)

Best way is ADD s*** - if we were face to face you would find me wildly fas verbily, articulate bright - same on paper with a pen. Cant spell - but my hand could keep up with my brain my typing does not so it is disjointed

folks i know and email like in personal life just read em and get it

you and have discussed this in terms of how I am hitting them (everyone on the board)
    it is mentally fatiguing , ( I envsion you all just typing away!)
    for me to make a reasonably perfect typed deal , first spell check then there is like one word (brain speed) missing but makes it totally , really not understandable for folks not used to the decifer my typing spelling issues does that make sense?
    i comes before g but not after r bu tonly if g is before s and when r is before p pls .. b o r i n g
    give me a pen and paper and I can write

type ugh.....

does that
    OT:
    i am here...& i am cracking up! i luv this dudes posts!! CARIIS is awesum!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KDOGG For This Useful Post:

CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    Fascinating notions!
    PAXIMUS permission granted! EVERYTHING ABOVE is, opinion, speculation, possibilities, potentialities, within the bounds of possibility, hunch, guesswork, predilection, possible preconceived notions, elucidation, inference, crapshoot, gut feeling, hearsay, suggestions, potentiality, notions, buzz, dish, gossip, hearsay, noise, scuttlebutt, my point of view, rumblings, musings, estimations, suppositions, and whispers and SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS FACT unless otherwise noted.

This could explain why Magnotta seems to have left his previous apartment:

Police looking for Magnotta for weeks before murder
    http://www.thespec.com/news/canada/a...-before-murder

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OEJ For This Useful Post:

CARIIS is offline Professor Emeritus-Institute of Typing/Spelling (Duke University)
    previous notion by another poster: this young man KNEW he was about to lose control and commit a horrible crime. LRM is not in the same category.
    He LM was posting online for months - all the bad things he WAS doing, and was gonna do. All cries , imo, for help, stop me , i am losing my brakes.

When nothing happened , it got to where he did what he did "I told you all, noone listened, well everyone says I say nothing true/ever --- well here is the video"....
    PAXIMUS permission granted! EVERYTHING ABOVE is, opinion, speculation, possibilities, potentialities, within the bounds of possibility, hunch, guesswork, predilection, possible preconceived notions, elucidation, inference, crapshoot, gut feeling, hearsay, suggestions, potentiality, notions, buzz, dish, gossip, hearsay, noise, scuttlebutt, my point of view, rumblings, musings, estimations, suppositions, and whispers and SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS FACT unless otherwise noted.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

previous notion by another poster: this young man KNEW he was about to lose control and commit a horrible crime. LRM is not in the same category.
    He LM was posting online for months - all the bad things he WAS doing, and was gonna do. All cries , imo, for help, stop me , i am losing my brakes.

When nothing happened , it got to where he did what he did "I told you all, noone listened, well everyone says I say nothing true/ever --- well here is the video"....
    I'm "that other poster". And posting online and GOING TO A HOSPITAL FOR HELP are two different things.

And yes, you're right about LRM "doing what he did". He's horrific.

I'm about to give up here...............

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

I agree . He has done horrible things indeed

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    And back to pathology/sociopathy - does anyone here remember the murder of the Eaton relative in Toronto many years ago? She befriended a 17-year-old boy who was clearly disturbed. (She didn't know it at the time that he was mentally ill, I don't think). She lived in an upscale area of Toronto and she even gave him a key to her place so he could 'get away from things' when he wanted to do so.

BUT, there's a HUGE difference between this young man and LRM. This young man felt something bad was about to happen with his mental illness. He went to Toronto General Hospital for help - they said he'd be OK and sent him on his way.

Shortly after the hospital visit, the Eaton woman was found stabbed to death in her bathtub.

He pleaded insanity and to this day he's incarcerated in The Hospital For The Criminally Insane in Penetanguishene.

I'm pointing out this case because this young man KNEW he was about to lose control and commit a horrible crime. LRM is not in the same category.

Sigh... I know the area well.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2001/02...0213eaton.html
    Nancy Eaton's killer wants more privileges

Last Updated: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 | 3:39 PM ET

CBC News

A psychiatric hearing is underway for Andrew Leyshon-Hughes, the killer of the department store heiress Nancy Eaton.
    In 1985, Eaton was found stabbed to death in her Farnham Street apartment in the Yonge-St.Clair area.

Hughes was found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity.

Add. I see much info about this case has been removed or something.. however this link has lots of detail, much of which can be related in ways to the LM case.
    http://www.freenorthamerica.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6722
    Last edited by dotr; 06-26-2012 at 03:33 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzmo View Post
    I would think playing to his narcissism and/or pandering to his being a victim...without being too obvious could create doors of opportunity. Approaching him as a supporter who thinks he was framed could be a good starting point. He sees himself as irresistable, extremely goodlooking, a victim of his childhood who "made it", and a killer. I don't think he will admit to the killer part, he will probably report those posts as part of the framing. You may want to describe having a traumatic childhood and going through rough/impoverished times...You may want to describe as being bi or bi-curious at some point later on...I just don't think that being a supporter of being framed would be enough for him, you have to join him in some way with regards to the sexy stud delusion he sees himself as....He would so love a letter to include your favorite photos of him....nauseating but I fully believe it.
    I know he's been banned on a couple of occasions (Canadian fraud charge, after arrest in Germany) for access to multimedia and other communication. If I were his lawyer, the last thing I would do is allow receipt of "fan" mail for a client who can't seem to keep his mouth shut. Additionally, I would think in his case knowing he's getting adulation would cause him to want the circus of a trial regardless of plea deals offered that would be in his interet to take and would cause him to work against his lawyer. I don't know if they can do that but I don't presume he has the inherent right to fan mail in the big house.
    Last edited by ToBeHonest; 06-26-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Typing errors courtesy of iPhone. :)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToBeHonest For This Useful Post:

In thinking, even if LM is found too mentally ill to be criminally responsible, the chances of him being let out of even a mental hospital. Are nearly nil, in my humble opinion. Now that LM has gotten attention and infamy from this horrible murder, I believe he would be found to be high risk to re-offend. The way I see it, if he knows this will gain him are nation, as soon as he fell out of the spotlight he pupal ups kill again to reclaim his notoriety. Unless they can cure his malignant narcissism, which I doubt, he will always be a threat to society.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ToBeHonest For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Sigh... I know the area well.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2001/02...0213eaton.html
    Nancy Eaton's killer wants more privileges

Last Updated: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 | 3:39 PM ET

CBC News

A psychiatric hearing is underway for Andrew Leyshon-Hughes, the killer of the department store heiress Nancy Eaton.
    In 1985, Eaton was found stabbed to death in her Farnham Street apartment in the Yonge-St.Clair area.

Hughes was found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity.
    THANK YOU!! So, he's in Ottawa now and wants more rights to freedom. Lovely!! See.............THIS is why LRM cannot get the insanity thing. Oh, what am I sayng......LRM will NEVER get the insanity thing.

Gee, I'll bet LRM's 'fans' desperately want him to 'get many freedoms' soon. UGH!!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeHonest View Post
    I know he's been banned on a couple of occasions (Canadian fraud charge, after arrest in Germany) for access to multimedia and other communication. If I were his lawyer, the last thing I would do is allow receipt of "fan" mail for a client who can't seem to keep his mouth shut. Additionally, I would think in his case knowing he's getting adulation would cause him to want the circus of a trial regardless of plea deals offered that would be in his interet to take and would cause him to work against his lawyer. I don't know if they can do that but I don't presume he has the inherent right to fan mail in the big house.
    I remember reading something like that too. In the fraud thing he was prohibited from internet - but how enforceable could that possibly be.

But in jail, I think they could do it - but, wouldn't that only be after the trial? Would they , until then have to give him same rights as others?

That is really creepy , if he is in jail, but they have to give him access to a computer till a judge says no. UCK

That is mindboggling, but I do not know how it would work?
    Notions?

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    THANK YOU!! So, he's in Ottawa now and wants more rights to freedom. Lovely!! See.............THIS is why LRM cannot get the insanity thing. Oh, what am I sayng......LRM will NEVER get the insanity thing.

Gee, I'll bet LRM's 'fans' desperately want him to 'get many freedoms' soon. UGH!!
    Stone: Trying to take up less space per silly billy!

Gee, I'll bet LRM's 'fans' desperately want him to 'get many freedoms' soon

No, I feel as tho you feel I feel that. I do not. IMO, He must never be allowed to be free again. He obviously, IMO, cannot control himself.

TO me, if he is in psyc facility or jail THAT is irrelevent to me, however.

But, we agree , he should never be allowed out in society.

And I think , with the video and stuff he will never be free again - and is that not what we all should really, at the end of the day, care about?

He cannot hurt anyone again. That, as civilized people should be our want and focus.

Our difference stone is causes. That is it.

He MUST never be unsupervised again - if that happens , IMO , he would kill again .

I, am not a "fan". Like all of us , across the globe, I am certainly interested - fan - no - curious you bet.

No different than any of the rest of us who are trying to come up with some reason for this.

But IMO, some are more focused on punishment, than trying to "understand" how/why this human being made the choices he did , and engage in the horrible behaviors he did.

There, IMO, is a differance between needing punishment or understanding.

Yes, I am reasonably indifferent as to what building (jail/psyc) will keep him supervised and out of society.

And , IMO, he is a serial killer, IMO, he has been killing humans for a while. I do not think JL was his first human -- he should never be free again .................

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Regarding' getting into the mind of a narcissist, this in news ( just in) about Karla H..
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2.../19921551.html
    "Todd felt she was being manipulated by the woman who's been described by some psychiatrists as a malignant narcissist.

"She definitely was toying with me," Todd told Adler. "Every question I asked her, she would ask me a question back. I felt that I was the mouse and she was the cat, and as long as I allowed myself to be swatted around I'd be able to stay."

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

I remember reading something like that too. In the fraud thing he was prohibited from internet - but how enforceable could that possibly be.
    I wondered how long he was banned from owning a computer? The article I read on this did not specify. IMO he was probably back on the net the next day spreading more lies and preying on his victims!!

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sierra20 For This Useful Post:

Regarding' getting into the mind of a narcissist, this in news ( just in) about Karla H..
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2.../19921551.html
    "Todd felt she was being manipulated by the woman who's been described by some psychiatrists as a malignant narcissist.

"She definitely was toying with me," Todd told Adler. "Every question I asked her, she would ask me a question back. I felt that I was the mouse and she was the cat, and as long as I allowed myself to be swatted around I'd be able to stay."
    IMO getting into the psyche of any narcissist is a bit of a challenge. You're mostly peeling away layer upon layer of smoke and mirrors...sprinkled with kernels of truth. The more malignant they are the larger their funhouse of illusions and thus all the more difficult.

Regarding the Holmolka interview. She knew Todd was a journalist. Todd would be viewed as an adversary immediately. Holmolka's defenses would be fully up, hence all the rhetorical questioning she replied with (alot like the Trammel interview in Basic Instinct)... yet the salaciousness of being found and in the news could have been seductive to her narcissism so she allowed the interview to meander a bit before apparently getting a reality check from her husband. IMO, this situation is different then approaching a narcissist whose in prison with a "fan" or support letter. I don't think the narcissist would be as defensive although the "funhouse" of illusions remains in place....enter at your own risk.
    Last edited by Mozzmo; 06-26-2012 at 07:58 PM.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mozzmo For This Useful Post:

http://blog.ottawakiosk.com/?p=7044
    Scroll down a bit for scary info on killer of teenage males/ internet porn comment.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzmo View Post
    IMO getting into the psyche of any narcissist is a bit of a challenge. You're mostly pealing away layer upon layer of smoke and mirrors...sprinkled with kernels of truth. The more malignant they are the larger their funhouse of illusions and thus all the more difficult.

Regarding the Holmolka interview. She knew Todd was a journalist. Todd would be viewed as an adversary immediately. Holmolka's defenses would be fully up, hence all the rhetorical questioning she replied with (alot like the Trammel interview in Basic Instinct)... yet the salaciousness of being found and in the news could have been seductive to her narcissism so she allowed the interview to meander a bit before apparently getting a reality check from her husband. IMO, this situation is different then approaching a narcissist whose in prison with a "fan" or support letter. I don't think the narcissist would be as defensive although the "funhouse" of illusions remains in place....enter at your own risk.
    Yeh , he would hane no vested interest in being authentic with anyone -IMO, basically lacks the skill set. Afterall , noone is worth trusting right?!

How could he possibly know how to be "real", too much vulnerability, and perceived rejection and all that jazz!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KDOGG View Post
    OT:
    i am here...& i am cracking up! i luv this dudes posts!! CARIIS is awesum!
    F U N N Y !
    All the icon things are a hoot too!
    Now, you do KNOW I am going to HAVE to thank that one- ha!

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

American/Canadian

It weird. Here, there would be a ruckus every day! They only got him what like 3 weeks ago. Is this really it for 9 months?

No more anything? Appearance before a judge? Ruling on something!

Boy are they smart up there - here the bill would already be $257,000!

But seriously, nothing peroid?

And the media are now just rehashing old old stuff!

I am even pondering, is it like LM lawyer' says see you in Feb 13?

Makes sense in a whole lot of ways, just I want interesting news cycles!

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Be aware that he might know other dangerous people outside of prison. Birds of a feather tend to flock. Do not give out personal info.

Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    I must be a monster.

I do plan on writing Luka Magnotta. I'm not a 'fan', I'm not 'in love'. I want to know what you all are wanting to know. I'm just gonna try to go to the source and ask for it. Maybe I still won't find out but it's worth a couple of stamps to try.

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scientific For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    Be aware that he might know other dangerous people outside of prison. Birds of a feather tend to flock. Do not give out personal info.
    ALL of his correspondences are heavily monitored. While it makes sense to take precaution, it's unlikely he could do much of anything. I'd be more concerned about him tracking me down should he ever be released. Additionally, I believe that he is quite isolated from everyone and anyone. Anyone who may have indulged him in the past are going to be quite certain to remove all traces of him from their thoughts and lives. I believe he is literally the single most "alone" person in the entire world right now.

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunday For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    ITA re using extreme caution ... i.e. After LRM was arrested in Berlin, for some reason the owner of BG dot com site went on the BG dot fr site and told people that LRM was being beaten while in the German prison. Now why he would try to get peeps to feel sorry for LRM, i can't say for sure. Anyway, i just went to try to find the exact wording and I am forbidden access. I don't know whether the Fr site is closed down, or whether i should take this personally.

We don't know until we know .. until then, be careful.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 06-26-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: edit to clarify

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast