1016 users online (224 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    I think I remember someone posting already about the statistical significance of blinking among psychopaths; they blink less.
    {RSBM}

I didn't see the other statistic but I'm wondering if it might have been misinterpreted or perhaps it was a different study?

"It was shown that 'psychopaths do not show the normal pattern of blink modulation when processing negatively valenced stimuli as do nonpsychopaths and healthy individuals'. Another finding was that while nonpsychopaths 'elicit a larger blink reflex response than that elicited during viewing of neutral or positive stimuli', this was not true for psychopaths as they elicited the same blink reflexes when viewing positive and negative stimuli."

http://www.legalnorms.com/psychopathy.php

mmeeehhh... I'm not really going down the psychopath trail anyway... that is soooo blase 1991 Lecter...

FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Quote Originally Posted by ToBeHonest View Post
    A few things I've noted: Lm seems to have a consistent droop on the left side of his mouth
    also maybe... botox? nerve damage from fillers?

a girl has to look her best!

Of course I don't think there is anything that could possibly serve as an excuse to justify his actions, but the more I learn about Luka the more sorry I feel for him. He was telling elaborate tales about himself back in grade school. It seemed as if he spent his entire life trying to be somebody that people might like and accept. He could never be himself because even he had no idea who he was. It's likely that he was told as a child that he was a worthless piece of ****. He undoubtedly felt abandoned by his parents as a child, and appears to have been abandoned repeatedly by family throughout adulthood. So much of his odd behavior is easily explained by his dysfunctional childhood. What a broken human being. The entire story is depressing from every angle.

It's important to note that the prognosis and chances for recovery are very poor for those w/out a good support system, whether they are battling addiction, mental illness, or whatever. He never really had a chance. It's a shame that another human took the brunt of his pain.

Quote Originally Posted by FootballMom View Post
    also maybe... botox? nerve damage from fillers?

a girl has to look her best!
    I don't see any significant droop, but if there is any droop at all Botox is the most likely explanation.

There are outward neurological indications that something is unbalanced... blunted affect, alogia are two prime examples we can clearly see in video footage.

Now whether those are the result of medication or lack of medication it could go either way or even be a combination... mesolimbic pathway (dopamine) which also effects fine motor function.

I really have more digging to do and I am stoked about the research! Ready to get my geek on!!!
    Alogia? Where are you seeing that? I think you are way off the mark with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    Alogia? Where are you seeing that? I think you are way off the mark with that one.
    It is subtle but the pauses are there especially in the interview at the news station about KH...

Not at all like the naked news interview except that was heavily edited so we didn't see him when the screen was blacked out when the interviewer would ask the questions so we don't know how long it really was before he responded. Regardless IMO, there is a noticeable difference in his speech pattern & mannerisms between those two when he does speak.

I'd say the cover guy & plastic surgery interviews were in between. He wasn't as animated in the cover guy but not as fast to respond in the plastic surgery.

Make sense? It is late and I'm beat so I have no idea if I'm explaining it correctly.

Luka and James Dean Morph

In order to see just how alike their facial structures were, I uploaded face front photos for James Dean and Luka to this morphing site online to see how well their faces merged. Supposedly Luka had plastic surgery to look like him. He also seems to wear caterpillar eyebrows in imitation. If he really did have plastic surgery simply to look like a celebrity then he probably did have body dysmorphic disorder along with narcissism. ...though he may also have wanted to distance himself with a new look and name from his past relations, life, and perhaps even his ill deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    In order to see just how alike their facial structures were, I uploaded face front photos for James Dean and Luka to this morphing site online to see how well their faces merged. Supposedly Luka had plastic surgery to look like him. He also seems to wear caterpillar eyebrows in imitation. If he really did have plastic surgery simply to look like a celebrity then he probably did have body dysmorphic disorder along with narcissism. ...though he may also have wanted to distance himself with a new look and name from his past relations, life, and perhaps even his ill deeds.

Concur wholeheartily!

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley8 View Post
    I was just documenting the fact that some info and a link I found useful had come down from the site without the last edit date being changed just mentioning it. The link was to L.M. necro blog which I found useful for reasons I posted on couple of days ago. Sorry for not being clearer I had never heard of E.D. still this week and of course I could see it was satirical, kind of mean etc. Sorry about what happened if it hurt you the article I mean on yourself.

In my opinion some sign that that extradition was not normal can be found in the myriad defenses put forward here:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...prisoners.html

The problem with us from here deciding on his mental health (though we can try) is that we know very very little about him. Very little knew is emerging. Does anyone find that strange? I keep seeing the same old 10 day old facts being brought forward in media.
    Yes I agree, I have slowed down in click through the newspapers - the lead papragraph is him back and then they just rehash the crime, manhunt, capture. Thats it. Same kinda thing happend after arrest. Poof gone.
    Here in FL (!) we could not get rid of Casey ANthong (!) for 3 years!

Great thoughts as usual, Scientific! Personally, I do not feel that the inconsistencies in the video indicate much of anything other than the fact that he was a really crappy editor. As I have stated previously, I feel that all of his actions in the video were obligatory. I feel he is too much of an emotional flatliner to be too fetishy.
    "narcissists experience regular mini psychotic breaks". IMO I agree totally, lets even throw in some affective disorders for good meansure!

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeHonest View Post
    A few things I've noted: Lm seems to have a consistent droop on the left side of his mouth; he blinks very inconsistently and at a much lower rate than average; he was described by a friend in an article as having a facial tic and by another friend as being very shaky (I read these a while ago but do not have sources, my apologies). I can't find any diagnosis that mirrors all these affects, so perhaps either a neuro disorder or medication side effects?

Well, on top of everything else ...
    LINK BELOW
    Tardive Dyskinesia

By the early 1960s, symptoms associated with tardive dyskinesia were apparent in approximately 30 percent of psychiatric patients treated with antipsychotic medications, linking the development of the condition to these drugs.

http://www.tardivedyskinesia.com/

He is young so not sure if he would have been the med but hey a notion right!

{RSBM}

I didn't see the other statistic but I'm wondering if it might have been misinterpreted or perhaps it was a different study?

"It was shown that 'psychopaths do not show the normal pattern of blink modulation when processing negatively valenced stimuli as do nonpsychopaths and healthy individuals'. Another finding was that while nonpsychopaths 'elicit a larger blink reflex response than that elicited during viewing of neutral or positive stimuli', this was not true for psychopaths as they elicited the same blink reflexes when viewing positive and negative stimuli."

mmeeehhh... I'm not really going down the psychopath trail anyway... that is soooo blase 1991 Lecter...
    LINK Below

Still making tehcnical mistakes! Put this in wrong place so it will appear twice! SOrry!

-----It was shown that 'psychopaths do not show the normal pattern of blink modulation when processing negatively valenced stimuli as do nonpsychopaths and healthy individuals'

---..........It might be said that this lack of empathy is one of the reasons why psychopaths in extreme cases have been found to be involved in ritualistic cannibalism.

----Another characteristic of psychopaths is compulsive lying, deception, manipulation.

----Psychopathy is believed to affect approximately 1% of the general population, 15-25% of the male and female prison population (Hare, 1991, 2003), and 10-15% of substance abuse populations

----they lack emotions. Not completely, for they do posses such emotions as anger or frustration when they do not get what they want,

---'emotional blunting'

Quote Originally Posted by Donyale View Post
    FootballMom, I'm looking forward to your timeline!
    very interesting the link to the article about the psychotic murder and I'm going to google that paper now!
    I've seen around the web some people making comparisons between Luka Magnotta vs Vince Li.
    The problem is the narcissist factor coupled with LM internet story,
    people find it hard to believe he could be psychotic or had some mental breakdown. IDK anymore what to think!
    Great find!
    Although a liar, he has stated he was abused and from your great article:

In a clue as the kind of person the Canadian police might be looking for, the Finnish academics found mutilation and dismemberment murders was significantly associated with childhood sexual victimization.

{RSBM}

opppss I posted later from same source , sorry did not see this one - still rolling all over the place!

I've watched at least a dozen interviews and videos of him and didn't notice any tics or shakiness. I did notice that he doesn't blink much, and he smiles partially and infrequently as if uncomfortable with it for some reason.
    SUNDAY

Being in the industry - did you find a high correlaition of folks sufferring with mental illiness in the field in general?

Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast