Social Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoSueMe

Former Member
Reaction score
Social Media Sleuthing Policies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are in the Social Media thread and the actual discussions of these social media sites must remain in here, because while some Social Media turns out to be factual, some of it is just gossip and rumor. It is important to remember that keeping the main forum threads nice, clean and fact-based is imperative. This is your place to speculate about the things you are finding on social media.

We can't bring innocent people into this mix, but we can continue to explore any possible friendships, relationships, etc. Be sure of your link and relevance regarding any non-MSM-related players before you bring it to a thread.

You may post links to this thread in the main forum. However, please do not copy posts from this area into the main forum..

No spamming or intentional promotion of any particular blog, website, FB page, Twitter acct., etc. is permitted. As always, any signature links to the same must be approved by the owners or an administrator.

If you have any hesitation at all about posting something, or you just are not sure, about something, please just ask a moderator. We will get you the answer as fast as we can. Please understand this is new territory for us too, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Again, please don't copy and paste posts or comments from social media sites. You can discuss freely what you are reading, link and paraphrase. Then everyone can follow along

It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway - manners still apply just the same as anywhere else on the forum.

And one last thing - You can express your thoughts, opinions, interpretations, etc…. BUT what we are not going to do is bash ANYONE. No player bashing, no sleuther bashing.

Disclaimer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The views expressed by the authors on social media sites (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Wordpress, etc.) do not reflect the views of Websleuths or its owners. Information found on social media sites are the responsibility of the author. Websleuths does not verify the content found on social media sites as to accuracy, completeness or honesty. Websleuths in no way condones, advocates, endorses or takes responsibility for the content found on any social media site.

From twitter just now:

CP24 ‏@CP24

Mayor's office in Montreal confirms city paid $15,000 to transfer Magnotta from Berlin. The city paid for guards on plane and their flight.

*Mods, please don't give me a time-out.....I thought this is the place to post this info from Twitter* :please:

he follows everyone & everything on that twitter acc't - from the Dali to the Klan ... so strange

That is a good point LadyL; curious to ask you and/or others: Is there a common thread that can be identified of what the people he follows have in common?

The other aspect of his social media (FB, Twitter) is the absence of real-world relationships; even the most trivial acquaintances exchange happy birthday messages on social media sites, yet his are empty of such things...

Hastings: the only thing I could garner from my very quick scan of his followers is that most of them seem to be either public figures or have the desire to be public figures (celebrity wanna-be *advertiser censored* actors); lots of people in the acting field, musicians, talent agents etc. and also loads of news sites

he really did seem to be a Rebel Without a Cause only because there were so many interests, there's no way he'd have been able to focus on a few important ones IMO

I also only scanned through a few pages of tweets but saw no 'conversation' or replies to tweets and I didn't see anyone who seemed to be a person he knew in real life

what's that phrase when people frenetically add people online? friend-whoring? it would be interesting to see when he 'followed' all those twitterers and if it all happened within the space of a day or two - that would indicate to me that he wasn't too choosy about who he followed but that the acc't was really just a means to an end - to further his quest for fame and to quench his desire to be associated with famous people, albeit loosely

I wonder if he suffered from the same delusion that so many twitterers seem to - that 'following' and 'retweeting' links them to a celebrity and if that celebrity ever responds to you - my gawd they become a mini-celebrity themselves in the twitter-world

I guess it's the same as seeking autographs etc. was in the past but it just seems incredibly surreal and strange to me

[yes, I have a twitter acc't - yes, I follow celebrities (& also some people I know in real life) but I never use it b/c it makes me feel so disconnected to my real world]

That is a good point LadyL; curious to ask you and/or others: Is there a common thread that can be identified of what the people he follows have in common?

The other aspect of his social media (FB, Twitter) is the absence of real-world relationships; even the most trivial acquaintances exchange happy birthday messages on social media sites, yet his are empty of such things...

yes,that 's what blows me away,he didn't seem to have one real friend !! Not one to wish him Happy Birthday!! The only ones that cared about him were made up by himself.Even made up profiles for his family members pretending they adore him.

yes,that 's what blows me away,he didn't seem to have one real friend !! Not one to wish him Happy Birthday!! The only ones that cared about him were made up by himself.Even made up profiles for his family members pretending they adore him.

I agree. It's crazy. I noticed all of the commentary that went on with the anti family guy situation on YouTube . Everyone hated him! This was before the kitten and jl killings. Before anyone had a reason to hate him. They were brutal to him. Why? Because he wanted attention? I never saw him get nasty back to anyone either. He would just repeat stuff like " luka is a prince" or other such praises. He would also ask why they were being so mean to him. I just don't get why he was so hated back then. Now it looked like most people involved were young...just by the way they spoke. IMO

I agree. It's crazy. I noticed all of the commentary that went on with the anti family guy situation on YouTube . Everyone hated him! This was before the kitten and jl killings. Before anyone had a reason to hate him. They were brutal to him. Why? Because he wanted attention? I never saw him get nasty back to anyone either. He would just repeat stuff like " luka is a prince" or other such praises. He would also ask why they were being so mean to him. I just don't get why he was so hated back then. Now it looked like most people involved were young...just by the way they spoke. IMO

He was being a Super Troll making comments saying he hated Family Guy and wanted it banned from television. Every time he saw a Family Guy clip or show uploaded, he would report it to youtube.

Here's an interesting article on Magnotta's Facebook legacy that relates to what this thread is discussing:

Are You Luka Magnotta's Facebook Friend?

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/18/are-you-luka-magnottas-facebook-friend/

how disturbing.....from the above article, anyone notice this BEFORE now?:
Then, under Personal Information — activities, interests, favorite music and so on —the same phrase appears over and over and over in Russian Cyrillic script:

“серийный убийца”

Over and over. Seven times in all: “серийный убийца.”

“Cерийный убийца” is Russian for “serial killer.”

Hastings: the only thing I could garner from my very quick scan of his followers is that most of them seem to be either public figures or have the desire to be public figures (celebrity wanna-be *advertiser censored* actors); lots of people in the acting field, musicians, talent agents etc. and also loads of news sites

he really did seem to be a Rebel Without a Cause only because there were so many interests, there's no way he'd have been able to focus on a few important ones IMO

I also only scanned through a few pages of tweets but saw no 'conversation' or replies to tweets and I didn't see anyone who seemed to be a person he knew in real life

what's that phrase when people frenetically add people online? friend-whoring? it would be interesting to see when he 'followed' all those twitterers and if it all happened within the space of a day or two - that would indicate to me that he wasn't too choosy about who he followed but that the acc't was really just a means to an end - to further his quest for fame and to quench his desire to be associated with famous people, albeit loosely

I wonder if he suffered from the same delusion that so many twitterers seem to - that 'following' and 'retweeting' links them to a celebrity and if that celebrity ever responds to you - my gawd they become a mini-celebrity themselves in the twitter-world

I guess it's the same as seeking autographs etc. was in the past but it just seems incredibly surreal and strange to me

[yes, I have a twitter acc't - yes, I follow celebrities (& also some people I know in real life) but I never use it b/c it makes me feel so disconnected to my real world]

Thank you so much for that wonderful reply LadyL. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and thank you for the knowledge I gained from your reply.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

The lack of a simple happy birthday indicating a friend/acquaintance is one of the things that I truly find to be mind boggling. It is also one of the things that scares me most about Magnotta and the current internet/social media age we live in...

The lack of a simple happy birthday indicating a friend/acquaintance is one of the things that I truly find to be mind boggling. It is also one of the things that scares me most about Magnotta and the current internet/social media age we live in...

There were at least two real people who did converse with him and make real comments. They have since deactivated their accounts / removed comments.

There were at least two real people who did converse with him and make real comments. They have since deactivated their accounts / removed comments.

Baudi, thanks for sharing this information. Do you know or could you tell if they were real world (meaning in-person interaction) or virtual connections?

Baudi, thanks for sharing this information. Do you know or could you tell if they were real world (meaning in-person interaction) or virtual connections?

They were real world connections as far as we could tell. One even had a photograph with Luka, and was in Montreal. We gave the info to the Montreal PD at the start of the murder investigation, you never know if there were accomplices, or just innocents who befriended him. Either way we thought that it would be wise to turn over to the Montreal Police Serivces as they may have info on Luka that will be helpful.

Could it have been Luka himself behind both profiles? Totally! Wouldnt be the first time he impersonated real people in his life, but we turned it over anyway.

They were real world connections as far as we could tell. One even had a photograph with Luka, and was in Montreal. We gave the info to the Montreal PD at the start of the murder investigation, you never know if there were accomplices, or just innocents who befriended him. Either way we thought that it would be wise to turn over to the Montreal Police Serivces as they may have info on Luka that will be helpful.

Could it have been Luka himself behind both profiles? Totally! Wouldnt be the first time he impersonated real people in his life, but we turned it over anyway.

WOW! That is awesome to learn, thank you so much for sharing that information.

Do you know of a specific time frame of their interactions (whether real world or virtual)?

In regard to the photo(s), could any information regarding the date taken be ascertained?

how disturbing.....from the above article, anyone notice this BEFORE now?:

Its what keeps me thinking Lin Jun's murder wasn't his first.

I found the following comment very interesting..

I’m from Russia. About Luka… We all must help and support him! Yes Luka became insane through a time. Very very very insane and more more and more insane in time. He made awful things with Lin. So sorry for Lin((( Lin was good… Luka was in child pedophiles *advertiser censored* ring (his parent or parents also have some connection with one) with 5 or less years old. It why he hate own parents and they don’t want to see him at all even now!!! Now he (with Homolka) posted bags with body’s parts to political elites and in some schools. Why? Because this schools have connection to child pedophiles *advertiser censored* ring and son of ex-Prime minister of Canade have link to it too!!!! Homolka with Luka made it in world NEWS and PRESS. Sorry but may be only this manner they may took attention to this things and show US that elite are satanic!!!
BBM

If there is any chance of any of this being true, I would expect them to do whatever it takes for him to keep his mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane