Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: The distribution of body parts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222

    The distribution of body parts

    please discuss the distribution of the body parts and the possible significance here.
    Last edited by JBean; 06-20-2012 at 12:26 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,153
    link to the rules:[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176372"]Post to all: PLEASE READ - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    This bee my opinion

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    I wonder if the torso was found in a suitcase because he initially thought of taking it along .....

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,468

    The Human Remains & Vancouver Schools

    In examining the distribution of the victims remains via the Canadian Post and the killer's chosen "targets", targeting Quebec government offices seems to make sense for someone who wanted to make a statement and gain media visibility; however I have not been able to understand the choice of the two Vancouver schools.

    The only information regarding a possible connection between Vancouver and Magnotta comes to us from the Vancouver Sun in an article found here:
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pol...645/story.html

    While this cursory information provides somewhat of a connection, to me, it doesn't help us understand the chosen targets:

    Is there a significance to the names False Creek Elementary School or St. George's School that Magnotta would have found important/appealing?

    Did he have ties to anyone that is an employee of either school? (Maybe he was targeting someone specific and found conflicting information in his search whereas on a site like LinkedIn this person may have listed one school as current employer but on another social media site the other school was listed as current employer??)

    IMO there must be a more in-depth reasoning beyond terrorizing children/causing a panic among parents to explain targeting theses schools...

    Thoughts?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    83
    Iím a bit confused about the body parts thing. I might be lost in translation bec english isnt my native tonque. Maby someone can enlighten me.

    The police found Lin Junís torso in a suitcase in the alley. To my recollection/knowledge they didnt say they found any other body parts there. Afterworth they stated the head and limbs were missing.

    LM cut off almost the complete arms, legs and head, leaving a torso. The two hands and feet were mailed, and the torso was found. That leaves my question and source of confusion: where are the arms and legs? Did they find them in the alley?

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pannekoek For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by pannekoek View Post
    Iím a bit confused about the body parts thing. I might be lost in translation bec english isnt my native tonque. Maby someone can enlighten me.

    The police found Lin Junís torso in a suitcase in the alley. To my recollection/knowledge they didnt say they found any other body parts there. Afterworth they stated the head and limbs were missing.

    LM cut off almost the complete arms, legs and head, leaving a torso. The two hands and feet were mailed, and the torso was found. That leaves my question and source of confusion: where are the arms and legs? Did they find them in the alley?
    I think the arm and legs were found on the scene, either in the apartment or in the alley near where the suitcase and garbage was left. JMO

  11. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    8,515
    Quote Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
    In examining the distribution of the victims remains via the Canadian Post and the killer's chosen "targets", targeting Quebec government offices seems to make sense for someone who wanted to make a statement and gain media visibility; however I have not been able to understand the choice of the two Vancouver schools.

    The only information regarding a possible connection between Vancouver and Magnotta comes to us from the Vancouver Sun in an article found here:
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pol...645/story.html

    While this cursory information provides somewhat of a connection, to me, it doesn't help us understand the chosen targets:

    Is there a significance to the names False Creek Elementary School or St. George's School that Magnotta would have found important/appealing?

    Did he have ties to anyone that is an employee of either school? (Maybe he was targeting someone specific and found conflicting information in his search whereas on a site like LinkedIn this person may have listed one school as current employer but on another social media site the other school was listed as current employer??)

    IMO there must be a more in-depth reasoning beyond terrorizing children/causing a panic among parents to explain targeting theses schools...

    Thoughts?
    Oh boy ... i've been avoiding this like the plague, but here goes for an attempt at explanation that doesn't really explain:

    I am in BC, and the first day (possibly second) after the packages were received by the schools, it was on BC tv that the schools selected were was possibly in relation to our Premier's son. I've never heard it again, if there was any truth to it, it was hushed tout suite. I did some checking at the time and IMO there could be some substance to what was said. HOWEVER, we are NOT ALLOWED to discuss minors here so i'm limited to that as an explanation and my hands are tied.

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    Oh boy ... i've been avoiding this like the plague, but here goes for an attempt at explanation that doesn't really explain:

    I am in BC, and the first day (possibly second) after the packages were received by the schools, it was on BC tv that the schools selected were was possibly in relation to our Premier's son. I've never heard it again, if there was any truth to it, it was hushed tout suite. I did some checking at the time and IMO there could be some substance to what was said. HOWEVER, we are NOT ALLOWED to discuss minors here so i'm limited to that as an explanation and my hands are tied.
    Silly you're keeping your streak of sharing info that completely fascinates me and sets me on a mission to try to find supplemental info. Thank You!

    Do you (or anyone that wants to jump in) think the other remains (minus the head) were intercepted prior to delivery by LE and that info was not made public?

    Aside from the shock value and possible attempt to give the impression that the sender was an anti-immigration extremist, why else might Magnotta send the remains to political targets?

    Does anyone find it odd that he didn't send remains to personal targets he considered to be enemies: former friends/lovers, the animal rights groups that hunted him, media figures he believed attacked him with words?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

  13. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    8,515
    Quote Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
    Silly you're keeping your streak of sharing info that completely fascinates me and sets me on a mission to try to find supplemental info. Thank You!

    Do you (or anyone that wants to jump in) think the other remains (minus the head) were intercepted prior to delivery by LE and that info was not made public?

    Aside from the shock value and possible attempt to give the impression that the sender was an anti-immigration extremist, why else might Magnotta send the remains to political targets?

    Does anyone find it odd that he didn't send remains to personal targets he considered to be enemies: former friends/lovers, the animal rights groups that hunted him, media figures he believed attacked him with words?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    :P

    I'm confused by what i've bolded in your post above. To our knowledge, the only missing body part not delivered is the head ... all other packages were delivered, not intercepted, and all that info was made public, presumably because LE just wasn't prepared for the Vancouver deliveries, and the timeframe didn't allow for them to get it all under wraps.

    IMO, it is possible that the head has in fact been either intercepted or delivered, and that info has been hushed (possibly because of who it was addressed to, and/or out of extreme respect for Lin Jun's family). I know that it has been stated that LE will be questioning LRM regarding the location of that body part, but just wonder if perhaps that particular info was disseminated to the public to keep us from knowing.

    Re personal targets vs the public ones he chose, could simply be in his sick mind he thought there would be more shock value because Conservative and Liberal politicians represent such a large percentage of the Canadian public. Who the heck really knows what went through THAT particular brain?

    BTW, before the Vancouver deliveries and prior to LRM being arrested, I posted that he was following two Vancouver accounts, one of them being the Vancouver Canucks. Maybe i've gone blind, but for some reason I can no longer see him following the Vancouver Canucks on that Twitter account, and I think only the follower can "unfollow" (for lack of whatever nice techie term might be more appropriate ).

    ETA: Maybe it was a big FU to all Canadians before he left for Europe, thinking he was putting us all behind him and he would go with his new life.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    97
    Hate to bring this up but I read it on a couple of news sites and never heard much again... was the penis cut off and mailed or not? I've read yes and no... but not heard anything definitive.

  16. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    8,515
    I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a link right now sinwonder, but LE did more recently indicate that all parts were accounted for except the skull.

    Will try to find a link later for you, but have to run now ... big storm just moved in and i want to get some din-dins before we lose power.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    Hate to bring this up but I read it on a couple of news sites and never heard much again... was the penis cut off and mailed or not? I've read yes and no... but not heard anything definitive.
    I recall from the video that when the torso was shown dismembered it was completely intact and seemingly unscathed. But there's never been any public reporting on. What's weird is, only portions of the first note to the Conservative party has ever been spoken about, which claimed 6 packages in total. That leaves 2 packages unaccounted for (possibly the head if it was sent somewhere plus another unaccounted for package). There's a possiblity that the other package(s) may have been lost, damaged/and or disposed of , perhaps they were leaking and the posties just junked it ... wouldn't be the first time they've failed to deliver.

  19. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    97
    I imagine they checked unclaimed baggage at the airport?

  20. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    I imagine they checked unclaimed baggage at the airport?
    Yes, they always do. I doubt he carried anything to do with the body with him.
    In fact, he was likely operating out of a simple backpack when on the lamb in Europe. Interestingly, he didn't even seem to have a bag of any kind when he walked into the internet cafe. Was it at a hotel, or was he down to just the clothes on his back at that point?

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    118
    I seem to remember someone saying that in the airport photos Luka is seen with some sort of small bag. Later the authorities found some of his belongings (porn and airplane barf bags) already at a hotel in France, after Luka had traveled to Germany. He had left his cell phone in a cab, probably to escape detection by law enforcement. I'm not sure whether Luka had other many belongings on him after that aside from the clothing he was wearing. Though he might have bought a lot of new stuff wherever he went; he did buy some pliers during his time in France, I believe.

    Luka might have mailed the head to himself somewhere in Europe or sent it to someone he knew whom he would meet up with shortly.

    http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...anhunt-france/

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted82 View Post
    Yes, they always do. I doubt he carried anything to do with the body with him.
    In fact, he was likely operating out of a simple backpack when on the lamb in Europe. Interestingly, he didn't even seem to have a bag of any kind when he walked into the internet cafe. Was it at a hotel, or was he down to just the clothes on his back at that point?

  22. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    118
    If fits the pattern of him copying and trying to outdo other serial killers (and psychotic movie characters). For instance, the Zodiac Killer and Jack the Ripper sent letters to the authorities. Luka would feel that much more cocky about sending letters in a threatening manner, to important political figures. It creates the greatest amount of attention with him feeling he is at the center like a puppet master. Sometimes disempowered people do crazy things to feel powerful. Also, Luka redirected his rage since he felt powerless to take it out on the people he had relations with. ...IMO

    Quote Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post

    Does anyone find it odd that he didn't send remains to personal targets he considered to be enemies: former friends/lovers, the animal rights groups that hunted him, media figures he believed attacked him with words?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

  23. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    344
    Since there were notes accompanying the body parts I am sure that there is some large significance as to the selection of recipients. I think it's strange that he has not left behind some sort of indicators in any of his online rants.

    Did the police find the video on his computer or on his video device?

  24. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    Since there were notes accompanying the body parts I am sure that there is some large significance as to the selection of recipients. I think it's strange that he has not left behind some sort of indicators in any of his online rants.

    Did the police find the video on his computer or on his video device?
    They didn't specify what type of device other than saying "his computer" . My guess is it was a laptop or similiar, and it was in one of the garbage bags recovered at the apartment alley.

  25. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    I seem to remember someone saying that in the airport photos Luka is seen with some sort of small bag. Later the authorities found some of his belongings (porn and airplane barf bags) already at a hotel in France, after Luka had traveled to Germany. He had left his cell phone in a cab, probably to escape detection by law enforcement. I'm not sure whether Luka had other many belongings on him after that aside from the clothing he was wearing. Though he might have bought a lot of new stuff wherever he went; he did buy some pliers during his time in France, I believe.

    Luka might have mailed the head to himself somewhere in Europe or sent it to someone he knew whom he would meet up with shortly.

    http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...anhunt-france/
    I read a different version regarding the phone. I saw a French media report that it was ditched in a trash can at the Metro before boarding to Berlin. A cleaner found it and even used it to make a call to his family in S.America or Carribean.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haunted82 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Body Parts Found On Island
    By martin walkerdine in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 08:57 PM
  2. Artist Bakes Edible 'Body Parts'
    By Gozgals in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 04:19 PM
  3. Stowaway's body parts rain down
    By LinasK in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 05:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •