Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pannekoek View Post
    Do you really think they would/or could be capable of keeping that a secret? After examination they would have to release the body to his parents for burial. Keeping it longer would be unhuman to the family.
    I don't think LE has the head. They said that that was one of the first things they were going to question him about if I'm remembering correctly.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sigh Sister For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    he couldn't tote it around with him all over Europe....and since i believe he did not do this for himself,like other killers, I think he did this for us,for our attention so IMO he would not be interested in a trophy.
    You can tote a head around Europe for sure, if its nicely wrapped and doesnt leak or smell, you hardly ever get checked. You just wouldnt be able to fly it in...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pannekoek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thefreshestthing View Post
    The killing was most definitely done for an audience. Agreed.

I remember a website. You paid for the opportunity to go into a room and shoot a person in the head. All you had to do was pay the money. The room, the gun, the person, the cleanup was all provided. The bodies were dismembered but the heads were kept. Not by the person who paid to do the killing, though.

Kind of like the movie Hostel but much more underground.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sigh Sister For This Useful Post:

I guess they searched around where he was hitchhiking? Or was he close to his house when he was picked up? Also, wouldn't the video of him at the Canada Post show how many packages he had?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sinwonderland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh Sister View Post
    I don't think LE has the head. They said that that was one of the first things they were going to question him about if I'm remembering correctly.
    Good point, it just struck me as odd that they made the secrecy statement right around the time the last delivery was expected, and LM was still awaiting extradition. As far as the ability to keep such a thing secret, I sort of agree, but LE has prevented leaks of A lot of things in this case (what the letters accompanying the limbs said, the full video version, etc.). its probably just wistful thinking on my part.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pingpattern For This Useful Post:

The head is the trophy. You keep that for yourself.
    Have there been many cases of the victim's head being kept as a trophy by their killer?

I think such was the case with one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims. Trying to think of others.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh Sister View Post

Thats what I thought also. Another thing that made me think.. At LM’s apartment building there is CCTV, he was if I remember correctly filmed while putting the ‘garbage’ outside after the murder and when he went out to post the boxes with body parts. (Dont know if they could see the spot where he put the garbage)

It should then be sort of possible to deduct some information from those movements on camera.

If someone is putting garbage outside. The time they walk out with something and walk back in is short. So LE should have some idea about what was put on the street to be collected. The time between walking out to post a box or going to hide a box will be way longer. And they would be able to count the boxes.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pannekoek For This Useful Post:

LM was fixated on serial killers, he wanted to out do them all. I would start by looking at serial killers that had heads missing, or decapitated. Since the pigfarm was pretty big in the Candian news I'm thinking LM wanted to out do that serial killer. Did he feed it to pigs, did he feed it to the animals at the zoo? Something along those lines if I were LE I would take a look.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

boxes or bags

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pannekoek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    ...or I was thinking if he send it to his own family maybe they were too shocked and freaked out to admit they received it?
    Wouldn't it be a crime to not inform LE? I'd hope they'd report something like that!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to x_files For This Useful Post:

The killing was most definitely done for an audience. Agreed.

I remember a website. You paid for the opportunity to go into a room and shoot a person in the head. All you had to do was pay the money. The room, the gun, the person, the cleanup was all provided. The bodies were dismembered but the heads were kept. Not by the person who paid to do the killing, though.

Kind of like the movie Hostel but much more underground.
    Quote from Eli Roth on the making of Hostel:

"I was trying to raise more money and we were talking about the sickest thing you could find on the internet. And he showed me this site where you could go to Thailand, pay ten thousand dollars to go into a room and shoot someone in the head. It said all these people were volunteers because part of the money would go to the family because they were so poor or had a terminal illness. And I thought, God, is this fake or is it real? And I thought it doesn't even matter because someone still thought of this and took the time to make site, you could go and pay money to kill somebody."

http://www.<modsnip>.com/newdesign/p.../interview.htm

(hope it's alright to post the link here to show where the quote is from)
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 06-28-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: checking on this one

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sinwonderland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    Quote from Eli Roth on the making of Hostel:

"I was trying to raise more money and we were talking about the sickest thing you could find on the internet. And he showed me this site where you could go to Thailand, pay ten thousand dollars to go into a room and shoot someone in the head. It said all these people were volunteers because part of the money would go to the family because they were so poor or had a terminal illness. And I thought, God, is this fake or is it real? And I thought it doesn't even matter because someone still thought of this and took the time to make site, you could go and pay money to kill somebody."

http://www.<modsnip>.com/newdesign/p.../interview.htm

(hope it's alright to post the link here to show where the quote is from)
    Horrific.
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 06-28-2012 at 06:56 PM.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to x_files For This Useful Post:

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    I think poor Jun's head was picked up by garbage collectors, otherwise it would've turned up by now. The only exception might be if Luka mailed it to someone as proof that the deed was done in return for payment.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

This is probably a long shot, but

Pondering if somehow LRM mailed a package to himself or someone else in Paris

When I made the post with the pic of the big "pliers", another poster (sorry i can't recall who) commented they looked like "bolt cutters" (and I do feel that is a more accurate description). I find his interest in purchasing this particular tool puzzling, and have wondered if LRM possibly had a storage locker in Paris. Someone I know manages a storage facility. The tenant can put their own lock on, but if they are behind in rent, management puts another lock on the unit (to force the renters to contact management), but tenants will sometimes use bolt cutters to cut off the locks.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    I think poor Jun's head was picked up by garbage collectors, otherwise it would've turned up by now. The only exception might be if Luka mailed it to someone as proof that the deed was done in return for payment.
    I'm confused on the garbage collection. Of all the garbage that was put out for the particular scheduled pick-up, was ALL of it left or was part of it picked up?

IOW, if the torso and head were put out at the same time, why would the garbage men take some items and leave the others? Unless pick-up was earlier in the morning, and some were put out in time for the collection, and other items were too late for that same pickup. (Mind you, from the pics we have seen, it seemed like a lot of garbage that was either missed or late).

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast