Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ***GRAPHIC*** The Missing Head

Quote Originally Posted by thefreshestthing View Post
    The killing was most definitely done for an audience. Agreed.

I remember a website. You paid for the opportunity to go into a room and shoot a person in the head. All you had to do was pay the money. The room, the gun, the person, the cleanup was all provided. The bodies were dismembered but the heads were kept. Not by the person who paid to do the killing, though.

Kind of like the movie Hostel but much more underground.
    Quote from Eli Roth on the making of Hostel:

"I was trying to raise more money and we were talking about the sickest thing you could find on the internet. And he showed me this site where you could go to Thailand, pay ten thousand dollars to go into a room and shoot someone in the head. It said all these people were volunteers because part of the money would go to the family because they were so poor or had a terminal illness. And I thought, God, is this fake or is it real? And I thought it doesn't even matter because someone still thought of this and took the time to make site, you could go and pay money to kill somebody."

http://www.<modsnip>.com/newdesign/p.../interview.htm

(hope it's alright to post the link here to show where the quote is from)
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 06-28-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: checking on this one

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sinwonderland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
    Quote from Eli Roth on the making of Hostel:

"I was trying to raise more money and we were talking about the sickest thing you could find on the internet. And he showed me this site where you could go to Thailand, pay ten thousand dollars to go into a room and shoot someone in the head. It said all these people were volunteers because part of the money would go to the family because they were so poor or had a terminal illness. And I thought, God, is this fake or is it real? And I thought it doesn't even matter because someone still thought of this and took the time to make site, you could go and pay money to kill somebody."

http://www.<modsnip>.com/newdesign/p.../interview.htm

(hope it's alright to post the link here to show where the quote is from)
    Horrific.
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 06-28-2012 at 06:56 PM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to x_files For This Useful Post:

I think poor Jun's head was picked up by garbage collectors, otherwise it would've turned up by now. The only exception might be if Luka mailed it to someone as proof that the deed was done in return for payment.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

This is probably a long shot, but

Pondering if somehow LRM mailed a package to himself or someone else in Paris

When I made the post with the pic of the big "pliers", another poster (sorry i can't recall who) commented they looked like "bolt cutters" (and I do feel that is a more accurate description). I find his interest in purchasing this particular tool puzzling, and have wondered if LRM possibly had a storage locker in Paris. Someone I know manages a storage facility. The tenant can put their own lock on, but if they are behind in rent, management puts another lock on the unit (to force the renters to contact management), but tenants will sometimes use bolt cutters to cut off the locks.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    I think poor Jun's head was picked up by garbage collectors, otherwise it would've turned up by now. The only exception might be if Luka mailed it to someone as proof that the deed was done in return for payment.
    I'm confused on the garbage collection. Of all the garbage that was put out for the particular scheduled pick-up, was ALL of it left or was part of it picked up?

IOW, if the torso and head were put out at the same time, why would the garbage men take some items and leave the others? Unless pick-up was earlier in the morning, and some were put out in time for the collection, and other items were too late for that same pickup. (Mind you, from the pics we have seen, it seemed like a lot of garbage that was either missed or late).

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Looking at the footage, it looks like all the garbage was left.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baudi Moovan For This Useful Post:

I don't know what kind of building he was living in. Was it one where you had to take all of your garbage outside, or was it like most larger apartment buildings, where you put your garbage in a plastic bag and dispose of it down the garbage shute?

If the building had a garbage shute, then he could have used that to dispose of the head. The body would be too large for this method of disposal.

Given his propensity for drama, it would seem unlikely that he would have missed the opportunity to "make a statement" by mailing it to someone, but who knows..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:

The building was a 4 story walk-up with no garbage chute, so everyone walks their garbage around to the back alley. I remember reading the report from the building manager that he was observed "looking nervous" taking 6 bags of garbage out to the area. (Plus the suitcase) . This was presumably sometime during Friday the 25th... not sure what time of day. They have it on video anyways (would love to see that) .

There has been some inconsistencies on the reporting of the garbage pickup. I've read reports the garbage was picked up but they left the suitcase (it was apparently 'like new' condition on the outside) . Yet, the police were there on the Tuesday the 29th and recovered many piece of evidence from the garbage.
    What's hard to believe is a like-new suitcase sitting in an alley sat untouched for all those days, with many people observing it. If the rest of the garbage bags were picked up prior to Tuesday, how did they recover so much evidence?
    My guess is the garbage was not picked up (much to LRM's demise) , as I saw some photos the police had setup a crime scene in the alley and were apparently fishing through all the garbage there. I also believe his computer, likely a laptop was recovered in the garbage and thats where they recovered the 15 min version of the video.
    If he had disposed of the suitcase better (walk it down the street at night and throw it in a proper bin and bury it under other garbage bags, he may have bought himself a lot more time before they were able to connect the dots, get a warrant and find his apartment scene, then put together a warrant. By that time, the alley garbage would have been gone.
    I don't think the head was with that other garbage, or it would have been recovered. Since he had 6 bags of garbage, he likely disposed of some of his other belongings too, clothes, dishes, etc. He was living in a furnished apt, so he likely was more or less living out of a backpack.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Haunted82 For This Useful Post:

missm is offline POSTPARTUM SCHIZOPHRENIA! Yes folks, you heard that correctly!
    Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    I'm confused on the garbage collection. Of all the garbage that was put out for the particular scheduled pick-up, was ALL of it left or was part of it picked up?

IOW, if the torso and head were put out at the same time, why would the garbage men take some items and leave the others? Unless pick-up was earlier in the morning, and some were put out in time for the collection, and other items were too late for that same pickup. (Mind you, from the pics we have seen, it seemed like a lot of garbage that was either missed or late).
    Garbage collection and larger garbage items (old furnture, mattresses, boxes of junk) are generally collected seperately, as is recycling.

Normal garbage is put out, but when you have larger garbage items, you are tequired to call the borough you live in for specific removal.

June/July are heavy moving months in this city specifically. Leases almost always end July 1st, otherwise known as "moving day" here (some say this was made up specifically so people would be too busy to celebrate Canada Day, but the 'French' holiday of Jean Baptiste day is a week earlier of course, but that is another story for another time....). Many people begin early dumping lots of household items out, figuring somebody else has already called for removal.

A heavy suitcase would be an item regular unionized garbage collectors would conceivably refuse (pardon the pun!) to pick up with the normal bags.
    The only one you can blame for the above 2 cents is ME!

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to missm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I don't know what kind of building he was living in. Was it one where you had to take all of your garbage outside, or was it like most larger apartment buildings, where you put your garbage in a plastic bag and dispose of it down the garbage shute?

If the building had a garbage shute, then he could have used that to dispose of the head. The body would be too large for this method of disposal.

Given his propensity for drama, it would seem unlikely that he would have missed the opportunity to "make a statement" by mailing it to someone, but who knows..
    You raise some great points Dion.

IMO the head would be a very important "trophy" for someone like Magnotta. I've previously speculated that Magnotta may rent a self-storage unit under an assumed name and paid the rent of such a unit in advance for a couple years (think Hester Mofet in Silence of the Lambs). I speculate that if such a self-storage unit of Magnotta's exists it would be a treasure trove of evidence...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:

This post will be "graphic". I was pondering because the head was not found in the garbage outside of his apartment, if perhaps he could have thrown it out in a further location from the apartment, such as the university campus where Jun Lin attended or at the location where Jun Lin lived or could he have boiled the head and broken the skull into smaller piece and disposed that way or did he sent the skull to someone?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:

what if he threw it in a body of water (lake/pond/ocean/etc)? the thing would sink & be eaten up. we'd probly never find it if this was the case, correct?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KDOGG For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KDOGG View Post
    what if he threw it in a body of water (lake/pond/ocean/etc)? the thing would sink & be eaten up. we'd probly never find it if this was the case, correct?
    Scott Peterson thought this would be the case... Didn't turn out that way for Scott...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I think (just my thoughts) that he put the head in another dumpster while he was making his escape.

This bee my opinion

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Hostel and 8 Millimeter were the two most disturbing movies I have ever seen.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacksonsquare For This Useful Post:

I think since LM made references to several movies, he probably hid the head in a jar in a car in the storage area like in the Silence of the Lambs.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donyale For This Useful Post:

Did the torso in the suitcase come from any movie? I would guess this was probably brought up already, but I'm sadly guessing the head and the pup were in the bags he took out and were disposed of by the trash removers. Maybe in his mind, the head would reveal the victim too soon for his plan.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CuriousRus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousRus View Post
    Did the torso in the suitcase come from any movie? I would guess this was probably brought up already, but I'm sadly guessing the head and the pup were in the bags he took out and were disposed of by the trash removers. Maybe in his mind, the head would reveal the victim too soon for his plan.
    I can't remember any movie that had a torso in a suitcase.... There was the canadian torso murder killer called Evelyn Dick who dumped a torso somewhere and also hid a suitcase with a mummified baby at home, but I don't know there is any reference, except the last name White, one of Luka's aliases was Rebecca White...
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~mrcarle/evelyn.htm
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Dick"]Evelyn Dick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Crimes with the missing head:
    I found murder of Julia Martha Thomas and William Heirens 'the lipstick killer'. She cooked the head and hid in a near pub also packed the other body parts in boxes. The head was discovered more than 100years later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_...al_of_the_body

The other killer hid the victim's head (Suzanne Degnan) in the storm drain sewer that was in an alley a block away. He dismembered the body in a basement laundry, blood was found in the drains of all tubs...
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Heirens"]William Heirens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donyale For This Useful Post:

I wonder if anyone theorized that he sent the head to an old childhood abuser or just an abuser of his, who is also a criminal, who received the body part and never went to the police due to that person's own law breaking activity so he/she simply got rid of it in a panic.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CuriousRus For This Useful Post:

I wonder if anyone theorized that he sent the head to an old childhood abuser or just an abuser of his, who is also a criminal, who received the body part and never went to the police due to that person's own law breaking activity so he/she simply got rid of it in a panic.
    Possible. I've also been thinking the package may have been leaking so was just disposed of by the postal service (without them opening it ), or it was lost in transition.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haunted82 For This Useful Post:

I heard that story too YUK

42. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Interesting

44. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pannekoek View Post
    Can somebody tell me how the garbage system works in the area where LM lived? I would like to know if it would have been possible for LE to find the ‘garbage’ that LM put outside after the murder and that was collected. I’ve read that they searched at the garbage disposel site for 16 or 18 hours but they didn’t find his head.

Im asking this bec if it was possibility for LE to track the ‘garbage’ down before it was destroyed, incinarated (don’t know how to spell it, but burned completely), it just wasn’t there. Then it didn’t go there.

If they were to late, it leaves the question open if it went there.

Ps I cant research it myself on the internet at the moment bec my laptop passed away last weekend. Had to get my ‘vintage’ Mac Os out of the closet, but it isnt compatable with all the new software, browser stuff etc... Feels like ‘90s internet all over again...
    bec my laptop passed away last weekend.

That is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

The thread title sure is grim: The Missing Head.

Is there really any mystery about what happened to the head?
    It was most likely left on the sidewalk in a box next to the suitcase ... the difference being that garbage pickup left the suitcase behind.

I don't believe that Eric Newman expected to get caught. If garbage picked had collected the suitcase, it would have taken some time to connect Lin Jun with Eric Newman. I think it was Eric's intention to make the head disappear with the torso, but he couldn't fit it all into one package.

It sounds gruesome, but I think Eric planned what he would send and disposed of the rest in a very strange way ... wasn't there a leg in the fridge?

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh Sister View Post
    My sentiment exactly!

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunday For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast