1228 users online (212 members and 1016 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 403
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245

    the cadaver dog

    the cadaver dog in the madeleine case alerted to

    the clothes
    the toy
    the parents bedroom
    the verandah outside the parents bedroom
    the flowerbed in the garden
    all these alerts were his alone, the blood doog keela did not alert there therefore the cadaver dog was not alerting to blood which was keelas the blood dogs expertise, keela always get sent in after the cadaver dog to find forensics

    the cadaver dog also alerted to the mccanns car though this alert was explained away as to blood

    all the other alerts were NOT to blood and this dog only alerts to death scent and blood ergo there was a scent of death in flat 5a which has not been explained away

    There are people that say the dog smelled bad breath, semen, urine, pooh, clipped toenails,period blood, and to those people I say you are having a laugh, if that were the case cadaver dogs wouldbe barking every second everywhere instead they barked at just ONE place, out of many, the flat where a child went alledgedly missing from after having searched loads of apartments, villas, roads, beaches

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by saggymoon View Post
    the cadaver dog in the madeleine case alerted to

    the clothes
    the toy
    the parents bedroom
    the verandah outside the parents bedroom
    the flowerbed in the garden
    all these alerts were his alone, the blood doog keela did not alert there therefore the cadaver dog was not alerting to blood which was keelas the blood dogs expertise, keela always get sent in after the cadaver dog to find forensics

    the cadaver dog also alerted to the mccanns car though this alert was explained away as to blood

    all the other alerts were NOT to blood and this dog only alerts to death scent and blood ergo there was a scent of death in flat 5a which has not been explained away
    Agreed

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,635
    And this is what the dog handler stated:

    Quote:

    There is always a possibility of contamination of odours by transferral. EVRD does not make a distinction; he responds with a certain behaviour for which he was trained when he recognizes an odour. He does not identify the reasons for the presence of the odour nor does he identify suspects. Forensic confirmation and specialized investigation methods will determine the reasons and the suspicions. In order to undoubtedly affirm there must be a confirmation of the alert signals made by the dog.

    It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to 'a cadaver scent' contaminant. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence.

    The dog alert indications MUST be corroborated if to establish their findings as evidence.

    My professional opinion as regards to the EVRD's alert indications is that it is suggestive that this is 'cadaver scent' contaminant. This does not however suggest a motive or suspect as cross contamination could be as a result of a number of given scenarios and in any event no evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from these alerts unless they can be confirmed with corroborating evidence.

    End Quote:

    Which proves the dogs alerted.

    All MOO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    exactly it was cadaver scent, where did it come from

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    The cadaver dog did not alert to these.
    Also here are a few facts
    1) Martin Grimes says the alerts mean nothing on their own
    2) Grimes and his cadaver dog no longer have a license to practice in the UK as the license was not renewed.
    3) British police will no longer work with grimes and his dogs
    4) Eddie alerted in an old jersey care home, specifically to a piece of organic material thought to be bone. Experts examined the material eddie alerted to and found it to be coconut shell.
    5) when asked about the mistakes grimes said mistakes happen, people are only human. I am not certain if the "only human" was a turn of phrase and he was refering to the dog making a mistake, or if he meant a human had made a mistake in interpreting the dogs signals
    6) Grimes also said that the scent can appear through transferance. Tens of people including criminal investigators had been in the flat.
    7) Reports have stated that dogs in the UK are not trained well enough for their alerts to be meaningful. They can be helpful when looking for a body, but in no way can be used to identify where there are bodies. this was shown by the care home fiasco when eddie alerted, and the alert turned out to be false and he had alerted to coconut shell.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    The cadaver dog did not alert to these.
    l.
    The dog most certainly did alert to these and was captured on video doing so, said video readily available on the net. If you have problems finding it give me a shout.

    I am at a loss to understand why you are refuting the most basic facts in this case.

    As to the rest of your points, they are all flawed, I will come back later to rebut when I get use of my laptop.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    reliability of the sniffer dogs - links describing how grimes and eddie no longer have a uk license, and are no longer used by the police, and false alerts in jersey (eddie alerted to coconut shell), and quote from grimes report

    http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/15959107
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/eur...ey/7723860.stm
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1JuPiWWaT

    quote from martin grimes "There is always a possibility of contamination of odours by transferral. EVRD does not make a distinction; he responds with a certain behaviour for which he was trained when he recognizes an odour. He does not identify the reasons for the presence of the odour nor does he identify suspects. Forensic confirmation and specialized investigation methods will determine the reasons and the suspicions. In order to undoubtedly affirm there must be a confirmation of the alert signals made by the dog.
    It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to 'a cadaver scent' contaminant. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence.The dog alert indications MUST be corroborated if to establish their findings as evidence.My professional opinion as regards to the EVRD's alert indications is that it is suggestive that this is 'cadaver scent' contaminant. This does not however suggest a motive or suspect as cross contamination could be as a result of a number of given scenarios and in any event no evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from these alerts unless they can be confirmed with corroborating evidence."

    The dog alerted to a piece of coconut, so either the dog is unreliable, or Kew are now involved in a giant conspiracy. Grimes also admits the dog alerts mean nothing without other evidence, and he can make mistakes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    quote from media about jeresey care home excavations
    the animal that had supposedly found the ‘scent of death’ in the Portuguese flat where Madeleine McCann disappeared – no longer had a licence for UK police forensic work when Harper started using him in Jersey. Eddie, whose owner, Martin Grime, was paid 93,600 for less than five months’ work, triggered the first excavations by barking at a spot where Harper’s team then unearthed what was claimed to be part of a child’s skull. In fact, as a Kew Gardens expert has now confirmed, it was a piece of coconut shell."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    1) Martin Grimes says the alerts mean nothing on their own
    Are you putting words into his mouth? He never said any such thing. He said the cadaver dog alerts without forensic findings by the blood dog cannot be taken as proof, not that they cannot be intelligence to be followed up

    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    2) Grimes and his cadaver dog no longer have a license to practice in the UK as the license was not renewed.
    .
    So what? Mr Grime went freelance, as explained to you before his own testing methods were more stringent than the ones used by the licensing body. The authorities in the UK and others were satisfied and used him and his dogs on several cases post summer 2007 several which ended up with convictions so what is your point? Hardly a show of no confidence, and cases I might add where the dogs success was shown yet again.

    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    3) British police will no longer work with grimes and his dogs
    They have continued to do so. examples are the keith prout case, the bob rose case and a couple others i cant remember off the top of my head. Do you have a link that shows the brit police will no longer work with him?
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post

    4) Eddie alerted in an old jersey care home, specifically to a piece of organic material thought to be bone. Experts examined the material eddie alerted to and found it to be coconut shell.
    Rubbish. human bones and over 50 milk teeth were found.Which proves eddie did his job great. The red herring of a coconut shell contained collagen, this is not found in vegetables.

    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post

    5) when asked about the mistakes grimes said mistakes happen, people are only human. I am not certain if the "only human" was a turn of phrase and he was refering to the dog making a mistake, or if he meant a human had made a mistake in interpreting the dogs signals
    Link? He said false alerts are always a possibility but in over 200 search cases eddie never falsely alerted.
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    6) Grimes also said that the scent can appear through transferance. Tens of people including criminal investigators had been in the flat.
    That is true, damn unlucky though and statistically too high. No where in PDL did the dogs alert, not in any road, outbuilding, fields, beaches, other flats and villas, just in the mccann related ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post

    7) Reports have stated that dogs in the UK are not trained well enough for their alerts to be meaningful. They can be helpful when looking for a body, but in no way can be used to identify where there are bodies. this was shown by the care home fiasco when eddie alerted, and the alert turned out to be false and he had alerted to coconut shell.
    Rubbish. Reports? Well we all know about biased and dodgy reports. Cadaver dogs would not even be sent in to houses or other areas where it was established there was no body if that is all they were capable of finding, therefore your argument, yet again, seems null and void, and it has been explained to you before its untrue seeing as cadaver dogs have indeed both in real cases and in studies alerted to the remnant scent of death when body had been removed. Your continual use of the coconut shell example is wearing a little too thin.

    At the very least the cadaver dog findings is much cause for concern in this case. It is interesting how many people are trying to both discredit and libel the dog and its handler. Please do provide a list of missing people that turned up alive after a cadaver dog had alerted at the last place they were seen alive. it will be a non existent or extremely small list.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    quote from media about jeresey care home excavations
    the animal that had supposedly found the ‘scent of death’ in the Portuguese flat where Madeleine McCann disappeared – no longer had a licence for UK police forensic work when Harper started using him in Jersey. Eddie, whose owner, Martin Grime, was paid 93,600 for less than five months’ work, triggered the first excavations by barking at a spot where Harper’s team then unearthed what was claimed to be part of a child’s skull. In fact, as a Kew Gardens expert has now confirmed, it was a piece of coconut shell."
    i think you protest too much LOL, would it be so earth shattering for you to even contemplate that the cadaver dog, actually did find the scent of death which it has been highly trained to find, bizarre, it does happen, so maybe time to get over it


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    So you think the scientists who said Eddie alerted to coconut shell were wrong and it actually was a piece of skull? Seriously i really do not think pointing out the dog gave a flase alert to coconut shell is protesting too much. I think claiming a dog who alerted to coconut shell is always right is protesting too much. No bones were found by eddie, no murder was committed in the care home. When he did alert the media went crazy, and were reporting on it lile mad, but then it was all a bit embarressing when they had to report the excavations were carried out because the dog barked at a piece of shell!

    Grimes claimed his standards were more stringent than the licensing bodies, I have not seen anyone else apart from you claiming they are more stringent and you would not provide a link to where you got this information. That is like driving without a license and then claiming it is OK because you drive to your own standards which you think are higher than the licensing body's! His license was not renewed and he can no longer be employed in the UK by the police in the role.
    Also I have not libeled anyone. Just like charity law you might like to look up libel law. First of all a dog cannot be a victim of libel. Second, I have not made a defamatory comment about Grimes - it is true he has said the findings mean nothing without other evidence, it is true he no longer has a license to practice in the UK, it is true he is no longer employed by the police, it is true the dog has made flase alerts, and it is true he has said mistakes can be made, it is true that reports have been made saying cadaver dogs are not very reliable. I have also not seen anywhere saying that grimes and eddie were involved in 200 searchs in the UK. I now south yourkshire police said he had only done about forty searches for them before he left in 2007 and did not find more than a handful of bodies.
    If I had made an accusation like, the mccanns lied about their daughter's disappearence, then yes I would be committing the crime of libel as it is both defamatory, and I would not be able to prove it (burden of proof in UK is on the person maing the libelous accusations).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    765
    It is interesting that 5 years on the same arguments / discussions about the dogs are still going on. The point is that it doesnt matter how much the dogs allerted , how accuarate they are - no trace of a body was found , nothing not a jot.

    For me this has always been the point in tbis whole case. There has never been a reasonable explanation to how the Mccaans could have disposed of the body in the time frame they had. Bodies dont just dissappear - you cant just hide a dead body and then pick it up later. If the dogs had picked up a scent of a cadaver - then surely to goodness they would have found a hidden body somewhere in the locality

    Motive and means are always the key points in any murder/manslaughter cases I have never seen any logiocal reasons why a group of loosely connected people would all gang together to risk their freedom and their whole way of life to help dipose of a body or hide a crime /scene - It didnt make sense then and it still doesnt make sense now - Most murders in cases like this which are purpoted to involve multiple people get solved very quickly as it is almost impossible to hide every clue , every witness - it just doesnt happen.

    The harder ones to crack are those that involve complete strangers or random occurences or kidnaps as the suspects are completely unkown. I have studied this case from the moment it happened and my gut feel started with t must be the parents or someone loca; in the group - they will find the body in hours but as it went on and as I read more I concluded it would have been almost impossible to either hide a body after an accident in the 1/2 hour they had or even worse a group of people all concoct a story in a short moment of time. Can you imagine the scene Gerry comes down to dinner and says hey guys we have accidently killed Madeleine would you mind giving us a hand and could you please put your lives at risk by covering it up

    It is still a mystery -but the only logical conclusion that I can come to is abduction - it is the only thing that makes any sense has any credence . I see one maybe two individuals - stake the scene - can be in quick hand Maddy out of the window - into a car and then off two hours they are in Spain . In that time frame the police hadnt even informed the border police or even managed to close down the crime scene.

    In the past 5 years I have seen every conspiracy theory possible from goverment coverups to priests being involved to prime ministers giving a nod to hide a crime. Still in this country one of the most vocal online campaigners against the parents is now facing ruin and a jail term in the courts because of continued libel .

    At the end of it there is still two very opposing camps - but the one truth is that Maddy is still missing no body has ever been found and we are no closer now to finding out what happened as we were 5 years ago

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    I agree, the fact is that there were several other cases of intruders breaking into holiday flats and absuing the children there, all within about an hour of where the mccanns stayed and all within about a two or three year period. Plus there was a disappearence of a girl three years before, and in gran canaria there was a disappearence of a child two months before Madeleine disappeared (Gran canaria is not that far). This sort of thing is rare, yet they all happened in an hours distance (aside from the second disappearence), and a three year period. It is too great a conincidence.
    Plus the cadaver dogs never found a body, and as you say where the hell was it. The McCanns did not know the area and were surrounded by the media and people constantly - where were they supposed to have hidden it (especially as I do not think they hired a car whilst on the actual holiday only after, and they would not have had much time on the 3rd).
    Grimes have said that mistakes do happen, and that an alert cannot be taken as evidence on its own, and the dogs have made false alerts, most famously in the jersey care home. people have a misundertsanding of what they are for, they are just guides to help find a body, not tools to determine of a body was ever there. None of madeleine's DNA was ever identified - the material found in the car could easily have belonged to one of thousands of people including her parents according to the fss.
    No-one has ever come up with a believable theory as to how her family are involved. they just cannot explain how they hid a decomposing body for three months in front of the world's media, and then in front of the world's media hid it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On Battleship Hill
    Posts
    3,282
    [QUOTE=brit1981;8077380]I agree, the fact is that there were several other cases of intruders breaking into holiday flats and absuing the children there, all within about an hour of where the mccanns stayed and all within about a two or three year period. Plus there was a disappearence of a girl three years before, and in gran canaria there was a disappearence of a child two months before Madeleine disappeared (Gran canaria is not that far). This sort of thing is rare, yet they all happened in an hours distance (aside from the second disappearence), and a three year period. It is too great a conincidence.

    BBM

    Sorry if you have done so already but do you have a sensible link to this info as I would be interested to read about it
    England's dancing days are done...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    other attacks and disappearences

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sappeared.html (near end of article)

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...lieve-her.html

    http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/1315666

    http://issuu.com/canarianweekly/docs...w&pageNumber=1 (in gran canaria, but some have said there may be a link due to the timing)

    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/83773089...sh-paedophiles (as above)

    casa pia (and some related to madeleine mccann)

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eine-case.html

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004...dprotection.uk


    I have seen in the same information on numerous sites so will try to find other links. the problem with this case is that there are so many random websites and blogs, actually trying to dig out anything that is more reliable is a pain in the neck and takes ages.
    But it it is very rare in Europe for a child under ten to disappear and never be found, yet there were two cases in two months -madeleine McCann in Portugal, and yeremi Vargas in Gran canaria (robert black killed children in England, scotland and ireland so distance does nto discount a connection especially given they were both holiday areas), and then there was a little girl who disappeared three years before just three miles away and has never been found. In that case the mother was convicted, but sustained injuries in police custody which she claimed were from the police, and the police claimed were from her falling down the stairs. Police officers were charged but acquited after trial, however Amaral was convicted of fabricating evidence which was used in the defense of the police in this case and received a suspended prison sentence.
    Last edited by brit1981; 06-22-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom
    By matou in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 1023
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 02:26 AM
  2. Cadaver Dogs in search?
    By passionflower in forum Sandra Cantu
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 05:59 AM
  3. cadaver dogs and scents
    By docwho3 in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 04:31 AM