Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 6-21-12 Court Appearance

Leclair stated he instructed the Montreal lawyers not to comment to the media anymore. Their statements will be simply in court from now on.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Haunted82 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted82 View Post
    New lawyer is Luc Leclair, who appears to be in charge, but Pierre and another lawyer were present also, so appears to be a team.
    How much is this costing? Our Provincial tax already went up by 1%.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Oh good lord. Are we going to have to pay for psych experts from Berlin to come testify at this trial?
    You know I have to ask you this, right? What if it is proven, beyond a doubt, that his actions were due to schizophrenia, or a drug interaction? Yes, this is going to cost us (the taxpayers) money, but isn't this the whole basis of a fair and just criminal system that a defendant be given all the tools at his disposal to prove he is not guilty, even if it is an insanity defense? I think we need to step back from our overwrought emotions and let this play out.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jeanne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    You know I have to ask you this, right? What if it is proven, beyond a doubt, that his actions were due to schizophrenia, or a drug interaction? Yes, this is going to cost us (the taxpayers) money, but isn't this the whole basis of a fair and just criminal system that a defendant be given all the tools at his disposal to prove he is not guilty, even if it is an insanity defense? I think we need to step back from our overwrought emotions and let this play out.
    I'm not asking anyone to agree with my opinions in this case and I would ask those who are opposed not to tell me what I should or should not do.

This ain't my first rodeo. Thanks

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

How much is this costing? Our Provincial tax already went up by 1%.
    I don't think these are legal aid lawyers. Panaccio isn't for sure, and Leclair appears to have his own practise on Carlton St in downtown Toronto. So LRM will be footing the bill. I remember a television report the other night saying there had been a number of lawyers interested in taking on the case. Perhaps for the notoriety, they give a reduced rate.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haunted82 For This Useful Post:

I don't think these are legal aid lawyers. Panaccio isn't for sure, and Leclair appears to have his own practise on Carlton St in downtown Toronto. So LRM will be footing the bill. I remember a television report the other night saying there had been a number of lawyers interested in taking on the case. Perhaps for the notoriety, they give a reduced rate.
    I predict a book deal is in the works already. Perhaps even a few US and International deals in the works for shows like 48 hours or Dateline.....

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

we dont know the specifics.. lawyers can offer services pro bono for the publicity

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DD_bwest For This Useful Post:

I'm not asking anyone to agree with my opinions in this case and I would ask those who are opposed not to tell me what I should or should not do.

This ain't my first rodeo. Thanks
    not telling you what to think at all. I am suggesting that none of us here are in possession of ALL the facts in this case. Funny you mention rodeo...I don't want this to be a rodeo or see cowboy justice meted out. I want a fair and just trial and I want Lin Jun's family to find some measure of peace at the end of it. We aren't in opposition as much as you think.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeanne For This Useful Post:

Well, at least his lawyer isn't Luka Leclair (bit of a coinkydink perhaps?)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

So he's too doped up now to tell where the victim's head is or what? So the victim's family will forever live with not having their beloved son/brother laid to rest with dignity. He not only victimized one person, he victimized an entire family who deserves to know where the remains are.

WHAT A POS!

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

On CBC right now.......him and the court thing.

I not only feel a book deal coming I also feel a 'major motion picture' in the works.

UGH.....I can't even imagine all the crap that's coming down the pike.

CBC is now telling about the new lawyer:

- LRM needs meds (according to lawyer)

- lawyer is from Northern Ontario

- lawyer got permission to go to Quebec for this trial

- lawyer has ties to Belinda Stronach (sp???)

- jury trial of BOTH French & English speakers

That's it.
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    -------------------------------------------
    ďThe inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Twitter crashes hard, internet freaks out

http://www.wtae.com/news/money/Twitt...#ixzz1ySFKVzgG

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -

Cue the collective Internet freakout! Twitter went down for more than an hour on Thursday afternoon, depriving users of a place to complain that Twitter is down."
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    I have no problem with this at all. If this were to be the case obviously LM is not able to be trusted to take his medication and therefore is a threat to society and to himself which means perhaps he won't be locked up in a jail but will be locked up in an asylum for the rest of his life. This is a very slippery slope that the defense is going to try and undertake.

I can see right through, as most people can, what the defence is trying to do and I honestly don't think it's going to work. It may just backfire on them BIG time. The drugs that were named are not necessarily for schizophrenia and can be for a multitude of psychosis and for psychopathy. It will be up to the prosecutors to hammer this point home to the jury. They will need to call on many experts. I am willing to bet that the defence coming out with what they did today were hoping that the prosecutors would be the ones to turn around and ask for a psych evaluation. I have lived with my husband family members (2 of them) being schizophrenic and you will never convince me in a thousand years that LM was off meds and suffers from schizophrenia and that is the reason he committed this crime and the murder of the kittens, NO WAY EVER. And if he was on his meds and was diagnosed with being schizophrenic then something is totally wrong because again no way would he have acted in such a deliberate and calculating way. Sorry if I seem angry but I am beyond angry, it's basically an insult to anyone who has ever had a member of a family who is schizophrenic or for that matter is a schizophrenic, and say they are walking time bombs to murder, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Absolutely horse patootee (and that is not the word I want to say). Once again LM is suckering the world in and some will follow, he is the Pied Piper of this century. I don't buy his game.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:

I see LL was also Regional Organizer for our Minister of Defence, Peter M (one of the peeps that Russ Williams piloted)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Did the court hearing finish? Or is Twitter just down?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sierra20 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -

Cue the collective Internet freakout! Twitter went down for more than an hour on Thursday afternoon, depriving users of a place to complain that Twitter is down."
    We could've invited all the Twits here for an hour or so

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    Well, at least his lawyer isn't Luka Leclair (bit of a coinkydink perhaps?)
    I'm sure he feels so special having a lawyer with the same name. Hope they really bond.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra20 View Post
    Did the court hearing finish? Or is Twitter just down?
    There were no specific tweets that court had adjourned, but the defence team met with the media after court, so ... yeah, it's over.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
    I have no problem with this at all. If this were to be the case obviously LM is not able to be trusted to take his medication and therefore is a threat to society and to himself which means perhaps he won't be locked up in a jail but will be locked up in an asylum for the rest of his life. This is a very slippery slope that the defense is going to try and undertake.

I can see right through, as most people can, what the defence is trying to do and I honestly don't think it's going to work. It may just backfire on them BIG time. The drugs that were name are not necessarily for schizophrenia and can be of a multitude of psychosis. It will be up to the prosecutors to hammer this point home to the jury. They will need to call on many experts. I am willing to bet that the defence coming out with what they did today were hoping that the prosecutors would be the ones to turn around and ask for a psych evaluation. I have lived with my husband family members (2 of them) being schizophrenic and you will never convince me in a thousand years that LM was off meds and suffers from schizophrenia and that is the reason he committed this crime and the murder of the kittens, NO WAY EVER. And if he was on his meds and was diagnosed with being schizophrenic then something is totally wrong because again no way would he have acted in such a deliberate and calculating way. Sorry if I seem angry but I am beyond angry, it's basically an insult to anyone who has ever had a member of a family who is schizophrenic or for that matter is a schizophrenic, and say they are walking time bombs to murder, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Absolutely horse patootee (and that is not the word I want to say). Once again LM is suckering the world in and some will follow, he is the Pied Piper of this century. I don't buy his game.
    It is very possible what you are saying is true. I have no way of knowing, nor do you or anyone else on this site. What we can all agree on is that he needs to be locked up forever. However, in our criminal justice system, he is entitled to his day in court, no matter how distasteful that may seem and he is entitled to strike a defense of his and his lawyer's chosing. We don't have to like it, but we do have to accept it is going to happen. I am as horrified by his crimes as any one of you are, and do NOT count myself as a 'Luka fan", which has been hinted at. I would just rather see the system go through its paces, no matter what it costs, and a FAIR trial be given him so that there is NO leeway for a retrial. And, if it turns out he is found not criminally responsible, I hope he is judged to be an extreme danger to society and spend the rest of his years in an asylum. Clear enough?

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeanne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -

bbm

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    There were no specific tweets that court had adjourned, but the defence team met with the media after court, so ... yeah, it's over.
    Thanks for clarifying! I'm new to all this...

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Sierra20 For This Useful Post:

It's kinda creepy when an accused murderer has more faith in the Canadian Justice System than me.

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
    <rsbm>

Vince Li was off his meds when he beheaded young Tim McLean a couple of years ago, and is already being allowed supervised day outings. It sure is scarey unless there is some means of lifetime supervision to ensure all required meds are taken.

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

It's kinda creepy when an accused murderer has more faith in the Canadian Justice System than me.
    Well, if that ain't an insanity defence, i don't know what is

jk ... i try to have faith

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by missm View Post
    Currently, LM is about to reappear in court via video conference link shortly regarding his charges of murder.

His lawyer wants a psych evaluation, and 31 days to do it.

Will update as soon as the info is released.
    I just put the update in the media link. No psych evaluation was requested. Possibly proof LM is in fact insane. Any lawyers reading here today? Pax? What do you make of the fact his lawyer didn't make the request?? I'm gobsmacked.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast