6-21-12 Court Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

missm

POSTPARTUM SCHIZOPHRENIA! Yes folks, you heard tha
Reaction score
Currently, LM is about to reappear in court via video conference link shortly regarding his charges of murder.

His lawyer wants a psych evaluation, and 31 days to do it.

Will update as soon as the info is released.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120621/magnotta-court-appearance-120621/

MONTREAL — Luka Rocco Magnotta is scheduled to make a second court appearance Thursday.
And, just like his initial appearance on Tuesday, the 29-year-old murder suspect is expected to appear in a Montreal court via a video link.
He was formally charged on Tuesday with the first-degree murder of university student Jun Lin, along with defiling his corpse.
Magnotta, who has pleaded not guilty,

25s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
Okay, twitter was down. Reports: both #Magnotta and Jun's family will be here.

1h Peter Akman ‏@AkmanCBCNews
Huge crowd expected for 2nd #Magnotta court appearance. Security preparing #cbcmtl

1m Peter Akman ‏@AkmanCBCNews
Only 7 journalist are allowed in the courtroom for #Magnotta - also have to go through metal detector. #cbcmtl

It's a good thing Justin's twitter is working, most people's twitter is down right now.

56s Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
They're letting the journoherd into the overflow room. We're all still speculating about whether or not #magnotta / Jun family will be here.

Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling

They're letting the journoherd into the overflow room. We're all still speculating about whether or not #magnotta / Jun family will be here

2m Peter Akman ‏@AkmanCBCNews
Talk at MTL court that #Magnotta might be in court in person #cbcmtl

~~~~~~

Hope not. I don't want anymore money being spent on his security. I bet he wants to be there though.

Av7hGo1CAAE3MAY.jpg

Journalists and spectators lining up at the courthouse

http://twitter.com/marc899/status/215857336307286016/photo/1

2m Peter Akman ‏@AkmanCBCNews
Talk at MTL court that #Magnotta might be in court in person #cbcmtl

~~~~~~

Hope not. I don't want anymore money being spent on his security. I bet he wants to be there though.

I wonder what the point of having him there in person would be? Apparently this is just a hearing to give the defense a chance to request a psych evaluation. In and out, I am sure.

FYI - It's 41c degrees (106 f) with humidex in Montreal today. High heat and humidity warning in effect. I can't imagine having to wait outside with this heat.
too_hot.gif

I wonder what the point of having him there in person would be? Apparently this is just a hearing to give the defense a chance to request a psych evaluation. In and out, I am sure.

I see no point either but if he requested to be there, they won't have a choice.

I like the way our police are handling this case, in effort to keep ot from becoming an international circus.

Not only are they aware of the costs involved to the tax payer, but they do NOT want this to get one more iota of satisfaction of having the infamy of a ghoulish fanclub chasing after his police cruiser van, or snapping photos of him like he's a superstar.

He will be apearing on closed circuit TV, now that he has plead NOT GUILTY to all counts. The appearance today is to try to persuade the judge to give him 30 days for a psych evaluation.

Which begs the question: OBVIOUSLY he is a few croutons short of a salad bar to commit such a horrific act, however he KNEW what he was doing- he knew it was wrong, this was an escalation of violence, and it is a damn shame we don't have the death penalty for things like him. He is not a person, animals are more civilised and wouldn't do something so awful and removed from reality... that leaves him as a THING.

Twitter WOULD chose today to be acting up!!! <growling>

3m Cindy Sherwin &#8207;@CSherwinCTV
Heavy security at Mtl Courthouse for #Magnotta appearance. Only 7 journalists allowed in courtroom. I'm number 7. @CTVMontreal

1m Genevieve Beauchemin &#8207;@CTVBeauchemin
#Magnotta court appearance in mtl, journalists, members of public lining up

I like the way our police are handling this case, in effort to keep ot from becoming an international circus.

Not only are they aware of the costs involved to the tax payer, but they do NOT want this to get one more iota of satisfaction of having the infamy of a ghoulish fanclub chasing after his police cruiser van, or snapping photos of him like he's a superstar.

He will be apearing on closed circuit TV, now that he has plead NOT GUILTY to all counts. The appearance today is to try to persuade the judge to give him 30 days for a psych evaluation.

Which begs the question: OBVIOUSLY he is a few croutons short of a salad bar to commit such a horrific act, however he KNEW what he was doing- he knew it was wrong, this was an escalation of violence, and it is a damn shame we don't have the death penalty for things like him. He is not a person, animals are more civilised and wouldn't do something so awful and removed from reality... that leaves him as a THING.

:rocker: Finally! Someone who sees right through him like I do!
hi5-smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member