Luc Leclair: Magnotta's Newest Lawyer (From Toronto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly connected Tory lawyer represents Magnotta

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...ory-lawyer-represents-magnotta-159983835.html

I'd like to know what the heck this means?

The bilingual Leclair told the court Thursday he's received special dispensation from the Quebec bar to represent Magnotta in the case.

"special" dispensation? I think I'll write a letter to Mr. Jean Charest to ask him what kind of "special" dispensation an accused murderer deserves. If any protesting should be done, it should be about this. :furious:

I'm wondering why/how he got such a well-connected lawyer. Unless the lawyer is looking for fame. If I recall correctly, F.Lee Bailey wasn't "anyone" until he defended The Boston Strangler. From there on, Bailey got more and more famous. (All the way to the OJ fiasco!!)

:what:

I'm wondering why/how he got such a well-connected lawyer. Unless the lawyer is looking for fame. If I recall correctly, F.Lee Bailey wasn't "anyone" until he defended The Boston Strangler. From there on, Bailey got more and more famous. (All the way to the OJ fiasco!!)

:what:

No clue but if Leclair wants to represent an accused murderer he can do it on his own dime. Why should we have to pay for 3 defense attornies for this ?

I'm so furious.

http://www.570news.com/news/nationa...ing-body-part-to-conservatives-a-conservative

He helped organize campaigns for Defence Minister Peter MacKay, in his successful bid for the Progressive Conservative leadership in 2003; Belinda Stronach, when she ran for the leadership of the new federal party and lost to Prime Minister Stephen Harper; and John Tory, when he won the leadership of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak