GUILTY MA - Amanda Plasse, 20, murdered in her Chicopee home, 26 Aug 2011

staticgirl50

Lurking,thinking,then sometimes, I post.
Reaction score
Please help us. We are trying to find ANY information regarding the murder of Amanda Plasse. She was found murdered in her School st apt in Chicope MA 8/2/2011 around 4:30 pm. No one has come forward with ANY information. We are desperate for help.Even help just keeping the case in the mdia would be great! Any advice at all is helpful!
unsolved_amanda_plasse_killing.html

See here for some details-
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/Justice-for-Amanda-Plasse
http://www.ctcoldcases.com/Massachusetts.html

plasse2.jpg

??? Help us please!

Its the lack of motive that has made this case hard to crack.
Why was she killed? There are no reports of her being involved with persons that may have lead to this. She wasn't into drugs or other criminal activity. No current or ex boyfriends/girlfriend that had a vendetta against her.

She is a good girl as they say. Is the above all true as far as you know?

Being on this thread. Intimate Partner Homicide
Should I take that as having some meaning? As far as an ex or current male/female friend she was involved with.

No signs of stalking by stranger or other acquaintance. Nothing she reported to anyone as far as being afraid of.

No secret admirers, ever mention receiving gifts or cards, notes, flowers etc from someone she did-not know? Any gifts delivered to her door and left.

She ever mentioned the feeling someone had been in her apartment before without her being there, things seem out of place so forth?

Was there any sign of forced entry into her apartment.
Any indications of a burglary, the place ransacked.

Or did it appear as I speculate that there was no forced entry, nothing displaced or in disarray. And it appears she arrived home and was killed.

This Gothic apartment. How long had she lived there?
And the place she worked, was it a bar, restaurant what.

Take your time in answering any of the questions I have posted.
There is no hurry, and I want you to take your time and think about things concerning this case. Ask others if need be. Just don't rush yourself in supplying answers until your certain as best as you can be about the answer.

after thought...
She was found murdered in her School st apt in Chicope MA 8/2/2011 around 4:30 pm...Another Friday. Just guessing that's all. The person whom done this, may had been expecting her to arrive home at that time. New before hand she would be home around that time and was waiting for her.
Where was she coming from when she arrived at home on that day?

What floor did she live on?third?
The murder weapon. Was it found and were they able to determine if it came from the apartment or brought with the killer? The killer wanted to make this up-close and personal. And personal i don't mean they knew each other per-say. Just this is the method the killer wanted to use for there own enjoyment. No reports from neighbors about screams or loud noises coming from the apartment?

Being stabbed doesn't mean it was with a knife. It could have been an icepick. Any idea on the item used?

Any history of other women being murdered in this Gothic apartment?
Was she found in the bathtub? Not important, just curious.

10537706-large.jpg

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/unsolved_amanda_plasse_killing.html
What is the Tattoo I see on her chest?
Now I understand your icon photo. It is Lovely.
Are you a sister or cousin. You look similar to her

I am finding the answers to some of my questions.
She did live on the 3rd floor as I had suspected.
But they stated she was getting ready for work.
I assumed it occurred when she was coming home from somewhere.
The above picture was taken on the day of her death.
She took it herself I assume.
She has numerous tattoos I see. Was she a fan of the grateful dead also.

Police believe Plasse, a waitress at Friendly’s, was getting ready for work on Aug. 26 when someone entered her third-floor apartment at 73 School St. and stabbed her multiple times. She was found dead at about 4 p.m. by a friend.
No forced entry. I assume she was known to keep her door locked so no one could just walk in?

Hampden District Attorney Mark G. Mastroianni and police detectives have released few details about the circumstances of her death, saying they do not want to compromise the investigation.
Thats because there are details about the crime only the killer would know. Though I am only guessing on that.
“Everyone who was a suspect has been eliminated and we had a lot of them,” he said.
This means we have to think outside the box on a possible suspect.

Mathieson is the first to admit her daughter wasn’t perfect or innocent,
What does this mean?. Can you answer. If not it is fine.

You are the sister yes?

She was a talented artist. She painted, made her own jewelry and tie-dyed shirts. She listened to a wide variety music and loved music festivals. She also bought a guitar during on one of their mother-daughter excursions to thrift stores and taught herself to play.
Mathieson said her daughter was a hippie and she often joked, telling her she had been born generations too late.
I believe the above 100 percent.

Amanda went everywhere with her camera and the last photograph she took was of herself outside on her porch at 1 p.m. the day of her death.
Within 3 hours later she would be dead. Did she text that photo to anyone after taking it? Did they, which I am sure they did, but did they talked to the neighbors across the street, anyone that could see her porch from across the street?

“More than 1,000 people came to her wake. I don’t believe there was a sunflower left in Western Mass.,” she said.
This made me cry.
Police said they are still investigating, but shared little information Sunday. Earlier, Hampden District Attorney Mark G. Mastroianni said investigators’ early impression is she knew her assailant.
Is this still the train of thought? She knew her killer, but not someone well known to her in her inner circle is why so many have been eliminated as a suspect?

Last thought for now. But have they interview or questioned any females in this case. Since there was no forced entry and if her door was locked so no one could just walk in, she may have let them in. So far from what i can tell, all the men in her live many have been checked and cleared.
So I am wondering about the female connection if they checked.

Could the motive had been some sort of jealousy?

My first impression would be someone associated with her work. Staff at restaurants can be transient and also would know her schedule as it is posted (shudders).

My first impression would be someone associated with her work. Staff at restaurants can be transient and also would know her schedule as it is posted (shudders).

I read somewhere here they chatted with a 100 or more individuals and so far nothing has panned out as far as a POI. So that means they have to go farther out from the main center of people she knew. The farther they go out the less of a relationship she would had have with the killer.

They claim they suspect she knew her killer, but since it has not been decided it was someone close in her circle but someone farther out of her life. But still connected known in some way fashion. I believe that for now, for the killer knew she lived on the 3rd floor, and probably knew she would be alone or lived alone.

Someone she knew, but didn't know. If that makes any sense.

Someone that knew her address, which apartment, knew she lived alone. Gain some personal knowledge from her from interactions with her, even if it were rare occasions.
May have even looked her up on the internet.

Just posting for examples of what I mean as far as a far relationship but knew enough about her.
Mailman, Milkman,Cableman, Paperman. repair man, landlord, This is the type of relationship that they may be looking for. Though just speculating and guessing on all.

I am not a relative, the pic is actually her. I am just a person from the city she was murdered in. We are a small city, and I reached out to a grieving parent. Her mother is doing her best, but the real question is, how do we keep this out there. How can we make sure the public knows so we can get valid tips?

As for answers to questions, your research turned up as much as I know. There has been soooo many speculations but no real answers. My heart breaks seeing the mother torn up so badly. She deserves justice and I find it hard to believe NO one heard a darn thing. :(

Thank you for bumping... I have been still VERY active in the local benefit and will continue until we get Justice for Amanda ♥

No mention of her be sexually attacked and/or robbery which could make it a random attack.

What could be motive? Crazy person who simply enjoys stabbing?

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/08/lawyer_for_dennis_rosa_roman_c.html

Rosa Roman, 23, has been held without bail since his arrest in November for the 2011 killing of Plasse, 20, who was found stabbed to death on Aug. 26 in her third-floor apartment at 73 School St.

A state police report made public in March stated that DNA evidence led investigators to Rosa Roman, whom Plasse suspected of breaking into her apartment several weeks before she was killed.

Pre-trial hearing is scheduled for October 20.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/12/chicopee_mayor_apologizes_to_f.html

Family members of 20-year-old murder victim Amanda Plasse said they are relieved to have settled a federal suit against the city so they can focus on the upcoming criminal trial and seeking justice for her death.

At the same time, Mayor Richard J. Kos has apologized on behalf of the city for the release of the photographs of Plasse's bloody body taken at the crime scene...

More than two years after Plasse's homicide, in November 2013, police arrested Dennis Rosa-Roman and charged him with her murder. His trial is scheduled for Jan. 25 in Hampden County Superior Court.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/second_day_of_testimony_in_pla.html

During opening arguments on Wednesday, Bell told the panel that physical evidence — including a palm print and footprint at the scene — links Rosa-Roman to the murder. The prosecutor also said they found his DNA under Plasse's fingernails.

Defense lawyer Donald W. Frank argued his client watched another man stab Plasse six times, but has refused to disclose the man's name because he fears for his own life.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/police_detectives_zeroed_in_on.html

Capping testimony from a half-dozen witnesses Friday was Massachusetts State Police Sgt. Ronald Gibbons, the lead investigator for the state. He testified that he and other detectives interviewed dozens of Plasse's friends, family members and associates to zero in on a suspect. Mathieson frequently sent him information gleaned from Facebook and other sources, he told jurors.

The case had not gone cold, exactly, but had gotten a little chilly when Gibbons spotted something in a photo he hadn't noticed before.

One day, Gibbons' eyes landed on a photo from the crime scene, showing a whiteboard that had been in Plasse's bedroom with writing scrawled all over it. He called Mathieson to retrieve it and saw something that piqued his interest:

"Dennis was here. 8-11-11," one message written with a pink marker read, flagging a date two weeks before Plasse's murder.

Who's Dennis? Gibbons thought. It wasn't a name police had run down over the two-year investigation...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back