AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - A missing person report has been filed with the Mobile Police Department for 19-year-old Brittney Wood.

Wood's family said, the last they heard, she was going to visit her uncle near the Styx river area.

(snip)

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/missing-person-report-filed-on-teen

She was last seen with her Uncle who has since committed suicide :(

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/07/tillmans-corner-teen-missing-for-a-week-30359-vi-132971/

Verified Members in the Brittney Wood case
Zeaux is a verified insider

AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*

AL - Brittney Wood CASE FACTS ONLY **NO DISCUSSION**

Previous Threads
Thread #1

Hello all,

We love that you are so passionate to help find Brittney. But WS has some very important Rules that help us keep this site safe and helpful for victims, their families, and our posters.

PLEASE read the following carefully and tailor your posts accordingly:

- TOS and Rules can be found here. These apply to all cases, all the time, and all our members are held to these standards.

- We do not allow cut & paste from social media sites here. It's generally ok to link to the site and direct your fellow members to an interesting post by giving time, for example.

- If you ever try to post a link and it comes up *********, that means that site is not allowed to be linked at WS. Please do not come up with creative end-arounds for this rule. If you can't link it here, we can't discuss it here.

- At this time, there are TWO persons who have been arrested. The extended family, in this or any other state, are NOT TO BE SLEUTHED.

- Do not even begin to attempt to sleuth the identity of any of the victims of the recent charges.

If you see a problematic post, don't respond, just hit that red triangle, send a note and move on.

Thank you all for caring so much about Brittney. :tyou:

Originally Posted by gliving
Selling child *advertiser censored* is a big money maker.

I've been a member here for almost 10 years. I have to say this case is one of the most vile cases I've followed. Ick Ick Ick These men are nasty swine.

An aside, I hope Uncle Scott is dishonorably discharged from the National Guard.

:what: Has this been mentioned somewhere, or are you just theorizing?

Anyone notice that a Google search for Brittney brings up Websleuths, but almost NO news stories? This should be big news in such a small community?

- We do not allow cut & paste from social media sites here. It's generally ok to link to the site and direct your fellow members to an interesting post by giving time, for example.

- At this time, there are TWO persons who have been arrested. The extended family, in this or any other state, are NOT TO BE SLEUTHED.

{RSBM}

I saw you mention the 2 that have been arrested so is it "open sleuthing season" on them?

Also... the uncle that committed suicide was going to be questioned about the 4 month child molestation investigation the day he shot himself... How about him? Can we sleuth that avenue?

The wife of one of the arrested is the twin sister of the one who committed suicide and BOTH women have been conducting some VERY shady things on-line. Just sayin...

Would like to be clear & understand exactly who can be investigated and who are off limits (other than the obvious minor children and her parents).

THANKS!

I am so shell shocked with everything that has happened so far with this case.

I truly don't know where to begin or what to say at this point in time. I know it is bad when I am afraid to open a new link to an MSM story.

sigh...

This case has been so confusing and I have more questions than I usually do. I think because BW's family is very difficult to keep track of....so many uncles, aunts and cousins.

Praying Brittney is found soon. It would be so wonderful if she is safe.

gliving said:
Selling child *advertiser censored* is a big money maker.

I've been a member here for almost 10 years. I have to say this case is one of the most vile cases I've followed. Ick Ick Ick These men are nasty swine.

An aside, I hope Uncle Scott is dishonorably discharged from the National Guard.
AAAGGGHHH!!!! I hadn't even thought of that as even being a"what next" possibility! Damn people like these for making us have to think like this in order to figure out just WTH they've really done!

Good Lord, please let that not be the case here! Enough is enough!

ETA: Oh, I am almost positive that he will be in some big trouble with the Guard as well!

IMO, JMO, MOO

{RSBM}

I saw you mention the 2 that have been arrested so is it "open sleuthing season" on them?

Also... the uncle that committed suicide was going to be questioned about the 4 month child molestation investigation the day he shot himself... How about him? Can we sleuth that avenue?

The wife of one of the arrested is the twin sister of the one who committed suicide and BOTH women have been conducting some VERY shady things on-line. Just sayin...

Would like to be clear & understand exactly who can be investigated and who are off limits (other than the obvious minor children and her parents).

THANKS!

(bbm)

Unless I missed LE stating it as fact, this is only a rumor because I don't think the person who posted it has been verified yet as an insider.

ETA: ...although, IMO, I believe he probably was being investigated

(bbm)

Unless I missed LE stating it as fact, this is only a rumor because I don't believe the person who posted it has been verified yet as an insider.

I believe that poster has supplied all the info, but is still waiting on one of our overworked/underpaid Mods.
icon10.gif

I believe that poster has supplied all the info, but is still waiting on one of our overworked/underpaid Mods.
icon10.gif

IIRC, that is true, but I want to make sure we don't violate any additional TOS. :)

icon10.gif

Sorry, that's me. I'm sorry to have caused confusion by not waiting to be verified.

Mods working hard behind the scenes on clarifying all questions...

:dunno: :panic: :pillowfight2: :peace: :eek:kay:

Sorry, that's me. I'm sorry to have caused confusion by not waiting to be verified.

Zeaux, I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus - and God knows this is one confusing situation trying to keep all the players straight - I'm just trying to keep us from violating any other TOS and having this forum put in lock-down mode.

I personally feel that you have done a great job!!!

It is a very fine line to walk and it is not easy to do but I know having that inside perspective makes a great deal of difference for me and I am certain others as well.

So thank you !!

1. We do appreciate your asking first. We know this slows things down, but it's the best way overall.

2. Sleuthing of the two who were arrested/charged this week is fine.

3. Please remember that BW's parents are victims of this crime themselves.

4. For the time being, let's leave extended family out of this.

5. At WS, spouses of suspects are generally afforded the same respect we give to victims. For the time being, please don't discuss these perps' spouses or their activities. This is still under review.

:tyou:

:what: Has this been mentioned somewhere, or are you just theorizing?

Anyone notice that a Google search for Brittney brings up Websleuths, but almost NO news stories? This should be big news in such a small community?

Sorry, I was just giving an opinion. I should have added a MHO. :blushing:

LE said Scott Wood and Dustin Kent's arrest was just the tip of the iceberg so I followed that and thought 'what else'. It's already horrific and LE tells us we've only seen a small bit!

I also noticed that WS is about the only google hit for Brittney. There's an inactive FB page for her and not even a hint of a reward. It's a sad deal all around. Hopefully we'll get some more local posters as they are always so imformative.

Randall Scott Wood facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/scott.wood.714?sk=wall

Dustin Alton Kent facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/dustin.kent.10

"On Tuesday, deputies arrested Brittney’s uncle Randall Scott Wood for sex abuse, sodomy, and incest.

Deputies said another relative, Dustin Alton Kent was also charged.

While the details were limited, officials said they believe this is just the tip of the iceberg and expect to make more arrests."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/sex-abuse-suspects-related-to-wood

Ive been following and want to add my thanks to Zeaux.. I think you have done a great job as well.. especially for a new member in a really bad situation. Heartfelt thanks for your input.

This case has me in a tailspin. I cant get Brittney off my mind. THREE UNCLES.. just blows me away. I have no doubt that there is more than one victim of these perps. PURELY SPECULATION, but child *advertiser censored* has entered my mind as well. I just cant wrap my head around these men and one victim, or of the men treating child molestation as just another hobby they share. I think BW had her own evidence against these men and was perhaps emboldened to come forward since Uncle Donnie was being investigated. Just my thoughts and opinions.. no facts at all.

I do wonder if LE seized any computers or other electronics from the homes of RSW or DAK.

Sorry, I was just giving an opinion. I should have added a MHO. :blushing:

LE said Scott Wood and Dustin Kent's arrest was just the tip of the iceberg so I followed that and thought 'what else'. It's already horrific and LE tells us we've only seen a small bit!

I also noticed that WS is about the only google hit for Brittney. There's an inactive FB page for her and not even a hint of a reward. It's a sad deal all around. Hopefully we'll get some more local posters as they are always so imformative.

No worries and thank you for clarifying. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a news source somewhere. Agree with your opinion as a possibility
icon9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member