Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Her phone last pinged a phone at the travel center? According to Tony Dickey....what the hey does that mean????
    Her phone was there does not mean she was tho!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Her phone last pinged a phone at the travel center? According to Tony Dickey....what the hey does that mean????
    I had noticed that wording too Amster and figured the chaplain doesn't understand cell-phone pinging (among other things given some of his ramblings). It's possible he meant it pinged a tower near/at the travel center.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C.Hound For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by C.Hound View Post
    I had noticed that wording too Amster and figured the chaplain doesn't understand cell-phone pinging (among other things given some of his ramblings). It's possible he meant it pinged a tower near/at the travel center.
    I wonder what other phones pinged there ?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

You know... people are not forthcoming with information when they are trying to hide something. And the same with chopping and changing from one version of events to another. There may be perfectly innocent explanations for this type of behaviour (I'm sorry but I'm Irish and we like to put the letter 'U' in many words such as favour, colour and behaviour) BUT IMO I'd still like to know why people are being deceptive.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive...

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Foxymona For This Useful Post:

There is a cell tower on Interchange drive where the travel center is!

http://www.cell-phone-in.com/tower-s...ell-towers.htm

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Drugs are a most excellent reason for the case not being talked about in a small town, like Fairhope.

I know northeast Alabama has a huge methamphetamine problem. You guys also need to know that outside the big cities, you see on the map, it is very rural and very poor. Everyone knows everyone and drugs is the reason for silence.

IMHO
    Last edited by crystalgenie; 06-23-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I am up too early...
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

I wish I could answer some of these questions, but quite frankly, I'm confused, too.

My experience with family members who are drug users is they may go several days, even a week, but usually make contact with someone.

I also believe her mom has not heard from her. They're going crazy, can't sleep, etc, so that's sincere.

I don't know exactly why she might think she was in trouble. She's flirted with trouble by her drug use and connections there, so that's really not unusual.

I was aware that her mom thought she was leaving for at least overnight, but I wasn't sure I was allowed to say so since I had not seen it being said anywhere else. There was no fight or anything like that with her mom, and her brother has since been released from jail, so there's no reason to explain why she wouldn't at least call her mom if she is able to. She also didn't indicate that she thought she needed to hide for any reason.

I can see why the Mobile LE believes she is just gone on her own free will, but I can also see why that is hard to believe. If it wasn't going on a month now, it might be easier to believe she's just staying with a friend. But that wouldn't explain her not being in contact with her family, especially if she was still in the area--she would have heard about DH's death and would want to be with her family. As dysfunctional as they are, they do love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxymona View Post
    You know... people are not forthcoming with information when they are trying to hide something. And the same with chopping and changing from one version of events to another. There may be perfectly innocent explanations for this type of behaviour (I'm sorry but I'm Irish and we like to put the letter 'U' in many words such as favour, colour and behaviour) BUT IMO I'd still like to know why people are being deceptive.

Seems there is alot to hide!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxymona View Post

I can tell you some of the confusion is just that, confusion. CW is exhausted and has mixed some things up, said some things had come from LE that were actually rumors she had heard. It's not intentional on her part, from what I can tell. That's not to say she and others haven't withheld information about some of BW's activities in order to protect her from any potential criminal charges. But BW's parents had a meeting with representatives from both Mobile and Baldwin County LE in last day or two and hopefully are now on the same page.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zeaux For This Useful Post:

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/a...eID=5550&SID=1

From this article we learn Brittney was in contact with someone between May 30th and June 2. Then she's reported missing June 2 by her family. Tips are also called to LE saying she's been seen.

She's taken off before for days at a time, but family said she always kept in contact. At the time she is reported missing she's only been gone three days and had contact with someone. What concerned the family so much this time, that they report her missing?

Brittney told her mom she was going to visit friends but she instead went to visit her favorite Uncle Donnie. Why did Brittney fib about where she was going? Why did it concern her mother so much that she called police. When did Chessie learn of Donnie's suicide attempt?

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/2...rn-ar-4024436/

New article and video with Brittney's mother pleading for her to call. In the video at 1:10 it says Uncle Donnie gave Brittney a ride and dropped her off at the Grand Bay truck stop.

That's new to me. It also places Uncle Donnie as the last person to see her alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeaux View Post
    I can tell you some of the confusion is just that, confusion. CW is exhausted and has mixed some things up, said some things had come from LE that were actually rumors she had heard. It's not intentional on her part, from what I can tell. That's not to say she and others haven't withheld information about some of BW's activities in order to protect her from any potential criminal charges. But BW's parents had a meeting with representatives from both Mobile and Baldwin County LE in last day or two and hopefully are now on the same page.
    If SW was giving her advice, I can see where she might have been encouraged not to be forthcoming. I think other people were not truthful for other reasons. Hopefully, her immediate family is being honest now too...and are also supporting her emotionally.
    moo

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...xqb7VRE6w.cspx

"Brittney's last known location was the Styx River area in Baldwin County, which has been the focus of much of the search. Authorities still have no reason to believe Britney has been the victim of foul play. In fact, they made it clear Friday: She's not in any trouble with the law."

Finally, confirmation that Brittney was at the river that night. Plus the new story that Donnie gave her a ride (50 miles!) to the truck stop in Grand Bay the same night or early morning.

Why did they go past her home in Tillman's corner and on to the truck stop in Grand Bay?

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post

New article and video with Brittney's mother pleading for her to call. In the video at 1:10 it says Uncle Donnie gave Brittney a ride and dropped her off at the Grand Bay truck stop.

That's new to me. It also places Uncle Donnie as the last person to see her alive.
    Ok so who said Uncle donnie dropped her off at Grand Bay? How do they know that?

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...xqb7VRE6w.cspx

"Brittney's last known location was the Styx River area in Baldwin County, which has been the focus of much of the search. Authorities still have no reason to believe Britney has been the victim of foul play. In fact, they made it clear Friday: She's not in any trouble with the law."

Finally, confirmation that Brittney was at the river that night. Plus the new story that Donnie gave her a ride (50 miles!) to the truck stop in Grand Bay the same night or early morning.

Why did they go past her home in Tillman's corner and on to the truck stop in Grand Bay?
    And how nice to leave a young female with no ride at a truck stop. Posted with tons of sarcasm

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

How would they know Uncle Donnie dropped her off at the truck stop? He is dead and she is missing, unless someone else was with them.

32. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to migranny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Ok so who said Uncle donnie dropped her off at Grand Bay? How do they know that?
    I'm guessing texts/phone records because of the things being said on FB right after the suicide. Maybe LE has phone records and have that truth on the table.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

What stood out to me most about this video is the statement that, "No charges will be filed if Brittney turns herself in." Turns herself in for what? She's an adult. If she chooses to leave, she can. It would be nice if she would let someone know but people choose to leave their lives all the time. Now, I don't think that's what happened in this case but I don't understand what that statement means. What will they charge Brittney with if she doesn't "turn herself in?"

36. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by migranny View Post
    How would they know Uncle Donnie dropped her off at the truck stop? He is dead and she is missing, unless someone else was with them.

Exactly!

My thinking is whomever said he dropped her off there is the person that threw the phone out there! JMO

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

2 news reports, both from the same day, both featuring CW, one has Mobile LE, the other has Chaplain Tony, yet one says BW was last known to be at the truck stop in Grand Bay and the other says she was last known to be in the Styx River area. Which one do we trust?

Would the truck stop have video to help confirm the drop off? Maybe someone will realize they were at the truck stop and can give confirmation of seeing her.

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Hound View Post
    Snipped from http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/a...eID=5550&SID=1

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

Snipped from [url]http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Our-Search-Continues-For-Brittney-Wood-After/QkS7c5oFjEOEe7LHKrZMqA.cspx

"Disaster & Victim Services Chaplain Tony Dickey said 19-year-old Brittney Wood's cell phone last pinged a phone at a Travel Centers of America truck stop located in Grand Bay.

Dickey said the signal came at 1:40 a.m. on May 31st; the morning after her disappearance."

(bbm)

The bolded comments contradict each other and the time line for when DH shot himself, which allegedly was sometime June 1st. Does this mean LE now has evidence BW was actually seen in Grand Bay 30+ hours after her phone pinged there?
    Just a theory I'm throwing out to possibly explain a few discrepancies:

Considering we have been able to establish some important contradictory information that was publicly posted on news organization FB pages by people in the "list of players"... that matches LE's statements about misinformation.

Jumping off of that... it also lends support to not knowing when the handgun was fired that injured DH or it came to be in his possession from the person who had it their possession previously.

DH could have been there for minutes or hours before he was "discovered". Since he wasn't dead ME would not be looking for a TOD to establish a timeline of events.

One of the players could have had BW's cell phone and made a call to another one of the players who then ditched the cell phone in Grand Bay with the intent to shift the focus from Styx River location.

Again... these are just ideas I have bouncing around in my head this morning from trying to put together all these mis-matched puzzle pieces.

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    What stood out to me most about this video is the statement that, "No charges will be filed if Brittney turns herself in." Turns herself in for what? She's an adult. If she chooses to leave, she can. It would be nice if she would let someone know but people choose to leave their lives all the time. Now, I don't think that's what happened in this case but I don't understand what that statement means. What will they charge Brittney with if she doesn't "turn herself in?"
    Since the beginning they all have been saying Please come home we will protect you!

Could she have gone to Uncle donnie and told him hey i have to testify
    against you bla bla bla and he gives her money to get out of dodge so she cant testify and takes her to the truck stop and gets her a ride from someone.

Then decides to take his life!

Just a thought!

Heck i have no idea!

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeaux View Post
    2 news reports, both from the same day, both featuring CW, one has Mobile LE, the other has Chaplain Tony, yet one says BW was last known to be at the truck stop in Grand Bay and the other says she was last known to be in the Styx River area. Which one do we trust?
    OH...I didn't catch that. Guess I'm too hopeful that they have more info as to where she was last... Still praying for BW's safe return.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast