Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1492
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    16,517
    There is a cell tower on Interchange drive where the travel center is!



    http://www.cell-phone-in.com/tower-s...ell-towers.htm


  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  3. #557
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Posts
    597
    Drugs are a most excellent reason for the case not being talked about in a small town, like Fairhope.

    I know northeast Alabama has a huge methamphetamine problem. You guys also need to know that outside the big cities, you see on the map, it is very rural and very poor. Everyone knows everyone and drugs is the reason for silence.

    IMHO
    Last edited by crystalgenie; 06-23-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I am up too early...
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

    Voltaire


  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:


  5. #558
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    451
    I wish I could answer some of these questions, but quite frankly, I'm confused, too.

    My experience with family members who are drug users is they may go several days, even a week, but usually make contact with someone.

    I also believe her mom has not heard from her. They're going crazy, can't sleep, etc, so that's sincere.

    I don't know exactly why she might think she was in trouble. She's flirted with trouble by her drug use and connections there, so that's really not unusual.

    I was aware that her mom thought she was leaving for at least overnight, but I wasn't sure I was allowed to say so since I had not seen it being said anywhere else. There was no fight or anything like that with her mom, and her brother has since been released from jail, so there's no reason to explain why she wouldn't at least call her mom if she is able to. She also didn't indicate that she thought she needed to hide for any reason.

    I can see why the Mobile LE believes she is just gone on her own free will, but I can also see why that is hard to believe. If it wasn't going on a month now, it might be easier to believe she's just staying with a friend. But that wouldn't explain her not being in contact with her family, especially if she was still in the area--she would have heard about DH's death and would want to be with her family. As dysfunctional as they are, they do love each other.



  6. #559
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    16,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxymona View Post
    You know... people are not forthcoming with information when they are trying to hide something. And the same with chopping and changing from one version of events to another. There may be perfectly innocent explanations for this type of behaviour (I'm sorry but I'm Irish and we like to put the letter 'U' in many words such as favour, colour and behaviour) BUT IMO I'd still like to know why people are being deceptive.

    Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive...
    Seems there is alot to hide!


  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  8. #560
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxymona View Post
    You know... people are not forthcoming with information when they are trying to hide something. And the same with chopping and changing from one version of events to another. There may be perfectly innocent explanations for this type of behaviour (I'm sorry but I'm Irish and we like to put the letter 'U' in many words such as favour, colour and behaviour) BUT IMO I'd still like to know why people are being deceptive.

    Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive...
    I can tell you some of the confusion is just that, confusion. CW is exhausted and has mixed some things up, said some things had come from LE that were actually rumors she had heard. It's not intentional on her part, from what I can tell. That's not to say she and others haven't withheld information about some of BW's activities in order to protect her from any potential criminal charges. But BW's parents had a meeting with representatives from both Mobile and Baldwin County LE in last day or two and hopefully are now on the same page.


  9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zeaux For This Useful Post:


  10. #561
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,274
    http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/a...eID=5550&SID=1

    From this article we learn Brittney was in contact with someone between May 30th and June 2. Then she's reported missing June 2 by her family. Tips are also called to LE saying she's been seen.

    She's taken off before for days at a time, but family said she always kept in contact. At the time she is reported missing she's only been gone three days and had contact with someone. What concerned the family so much this time, that they report her missing?

    Brittney told her mom she was going to visit friends but she instead went to visit her favorite Uncle Donnie. Why did Brittney fib about where she was going? Why did it concern her mother so much that she called police. When did Chessie learn of Donnie's suicide attempt?


  11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:


  12. #562
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,274
    http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/2...rn-ar-4024436/

    New article and video with Brittney's mother pleading for her to call. In the video at 1:10 it says Uncle Donnie gave Brittney a ride and dropped her off at the Grand Bay truck stop.

    That's new to me. It also places Uncle Donnie as the last person to see her alive.



  13. #563
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeaux View Post
    I can tell you some of the confusion is just that, confusion. CW is exhausted and has mixed some things up, said some things had come from LE that were actually rumors she had heard. It's not intentional on her part, from what I can tell. That's not to say she and others haven't withheld information about some of BW's activities in order to protect her from any potential criminal charges. But BW's parents had a meeting with representatives from both Mobile and Baldwin County LE in last day or two and hopefully are now on the same page.
    If SW was giving her advice, I can see where she might have been encouraged not to be forthcoming. I think other people were not truthful for other reasons. Hopefully, her immediate family is being honest now too...and are also supporting her emotionally.
    moo


  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:


  15. #564
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,274
    http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...xqb7VRE6w.cspx

    "Brittney's last known location was the Styx River area in Baldwin County, which has been the focus of much of the search. Authorities still have no reason to believe Britney has been the victim of foul play. In fact, they made it clear Friday: She's not in any trouble with the law."


    Finally, confirmation that Brittney was at the river that night. Plus the new story that Donnie gave her a ride (50 miles!) to the truck stop in Grand Bay the same night or early morning.

    Why did they go past her home in Tillman's corner and on to the truck stop in Grand Bay?


  16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:


  17. #565
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    16,517
    Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/2...rn-ar-4024436/

    New article and video with Brittney's mother pleading for her to call. In the video at 1:10 it says Uncle Donnie gave Brittney a ride and dropped her off at the Grand Bay truck stop.

    That's new to me. It also places Uncle Donnie as the last person to see her alive.
    Ok so who said Uncle donnie dropped her off at Grand Bay? How do they know that?


  18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  19. #566
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...xqb7VRE6w.cspx

    "Brittney's last known location was the Styx River area in Baldwin County, which has been the focus of much of the search. Authorities still have no reason to believe Britney has been the victim of foul play. In fact, they made it clear Friday: She's not in any trouble with the law."


    Finally, confirmation that Brittney was at the river that night. Plus the new story that Donnie gave her a ride (50 miles!) to the truck stop in Grand Bay the same night or early morning.

    Why did they go past her home in Tillman's corner and on to the truck stop in Grand Bay?
    And how nice to leave a young female with no ride at a truck stop. Posted with tons of sarcasm


  20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:


  21. #567
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    94
    How would they know Uncle Donnie dropped her off at the truck stop? He is dead and she is missing, unless someone else was with them.


  22. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to migranny For This Useful Post:


  23. #568
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Ok so who said Uncle donnie dropped her off at Grand Bay? How do they know that?
    I'm guessing texts/phone records because of the things being said on FB right after the suicide. Maybe LE has phone records and have that truth on the table.


  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:


  25. #569
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/2...rn-ar-4024436/

    New article and video with Brittney's mother pleading for her to call. In the video at 1:10 it says Uncle Donnie gave Brittney a ride and dropped her off at the Grand Bay truck stop.

    That's new to me. It also places Uncle Donnie as the last person to see her alive.
    What stood out to me most about this video is the statement that, "No charges will be filed if Brittney turns herself in." Turns herself in for what? She's an adult. If she chooses to leave, she can. It would be nice if she would let someone know but people choose to leave their lives all the time. Now, I don't think that's what happened in this case but I don't understand what that statement means. What will they charge Brittney with if she doesn't "turn herself in?"


  26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:


  27. #570
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    16,517
    Quote Originally Posted by migranny View Post
    How would they know Uncle Donnie dropped her off at the truck stop? He is dead and she is missing, unless someone else was with them.


    Exactly!

    My thinking is whomever said he dropped her off there is the person that threw the phone out there! JMO


  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 963
    Last Post: 01-18-2015, 03:32 PM
  2. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1131
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 12:35 AM
  3. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1240
    Last Post: 11-22-2013, 10:21 PM
  4. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1405
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 09:01 PM
  5. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1
    By daisy7 in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1130
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 10:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •