Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1492

Thread: AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Sweetpea View Post
    You are right. I just thought in some weird way he might have had something to do with the 3 uncles. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that 3 family members get together and decide to molest a child. It's horrific when anyone is molested, but how do 3 family members decide to do this?
    I was molested as a child and you never get over it. My heart is breaking for this entire family. I still have a picture in my mind of all of them when they were kids.
    God please help BW return home safe and keep all the other children in this situation safe.
    I've had the same trouble wrapping my head around it all, too. It's so sick and twisted. I know they're not convicted, only charged, but the sherriff's office said this was just the tip of the iceberg, so they know plenty.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    My first thought, is that they were victims themselves as children. Otherwise it is hard to understand how three siblings ALL turn to incest and abusive behavior. I think it is a vicious cycle.
    They're not 3 siblings. RSW is the brother in law of the other two. So, two sisters' husbands and the sisters' brother. I don't know what's more bizarre.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Zeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeaux View Post
    They're not 3 siblings. RSW is the brother in law of the other two. So, two sisters' husbands and the sisters' brother. I don't know what's more bizarre.
    Did DH or DK know each other before marrying into the family? Could one of them introduced the other to a sister in law?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeaux View Post
    He did have a relationship with the family, and it does go to the theory that these type characters are somehow drawn to one another. It's so bizarre and sick and twisted.
    Two words!
    One pic!
    Rubik's cube!

That's ~jmo about this case!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

I don't know...wasn't there a reward in Haleigh Cummings case? Since no one talked out of that bunch, I've lost faith in rewards...but it is worth a try.
    Just my opinion, of course.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fabvab View Post
    Did DH or DK know each other before marrying into the family? Could one of them introduced the other to a sister in law?
    SouthernSweetpea knows that group from childhood, so maybe she knows.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeaux For This Useful Post:

This may be off basis..however when looking at RSW's daughters FB page (KW) I saw her myspace link under her FB about me section. I clicked it and under Family Pics Album on her myspace there are a few pictures of her mom and one says "one of the only pics of my mom". Does anyone know if her mom is deceased? If so does anyone know how she died????

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedOutsider For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    I may have just missed it earlier, but The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood FB is saying that an account has been opened for donations and they hope to raise reward money.
    Re my bold...

This could be a good idea bc it's said drug users are throughout this case. What better way to entice loose lips than to provide money to an addict...

I only pray a lawyer is involved. Jmo.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but it seems to me a reward might lead to good information in this instance, if there is in fact a drug connection. Just seems to me if someone was tweaking for meth or whatever drug but didn't have the money, they'd be tempted by a reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    What needs to be done to set up a reward for information leading to finding BW? I know this sounds awful....but if this is drug related and money is offered....someone WILL start to talk. Nothing makes a drug addict talk quicker than money. IMO
    Wow minds thinking alike....I was just typing that
    Yep, apparently a bank account has been set up for that purpose now but what's a shame is, as far as I know, there's been no MSM coverage about it. The word has to get out, otherwise, I'm afraid its going to be difficult any significant monies.
    Sorry I posted before finishing up on the reading. Yeah, I agree with the theory of money making a druggie talk.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Sweetpea View Post
    You are right. I just thought in some weird way he might have had something to do with the 3 uncles. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that 3 family members get together and decide to molest a child. It's horrific when anyone is molested, but how do 3 family members decide to do this?
    I was molested as a child and you never get over it. My heart is breaking for this entire family. I still have a picture in my mind of all of them when they were kids.
    God please help BW return home safe and keep all the other children in this situation safe.
    Wow SouthernSweetpea. In your opinion, knowing something happened to BW as a child, could she have learned how to keep secrets at a young age and therefore is able to hold strong by keeping secret her location...if in fact she's alive & not deceased?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I don't know...wasn't there a reward in Haleigh Cummings case? Since no one talked out of that bunch, I've lost faith in rewards...but it is worth a try.
    RBB

Yep, you're right!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

This may be off basis..however when looking at RSW's daughters FB page (KW) I saw her myspace link under her FB about me section. I clicked it and under Family Pics Album on her myspace there are a few pictures of her mom and one says "one of the only pics of my mom". Does anyone know if her mom is deceased? If so does anyone know how she died????
    I saw several pictures of her on RSW's pages (FB & MS), as well as being in some of other family members albums (on FB & MS). This is jmo but I think she appears not to really like her picture taken. She's clean, dressed decent in all, attractive enough - just maybe seems like one of those people that like to focus on others as opposed to herself. Hope that makes sense...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

*** added tags ***

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

With knowing Brittney's cell pinged from a tower by the truck stop, would she have willingly hitched a ride from a trucker or other passerby? Is she comfortable around older people or does she hang out more with kids her own age? Has Brittney ever had an ongoing relationship with an older guy, like maybe in his 20's while she was a teen?

Does anyone know RSW's geocache team name?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:

Bond reduced?

WOOD, RANDALL SCOTT (W / MALE)
    Booking No: BCSO12JBN004048
    Booking Date: 06/19/2012 23:40:54
    Age On Booking Date: 42
    Bond Amount: $60000.00

http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx
    Chatty

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChattyWoman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChattyWoman View Post
    Bond reduced?

WOOD, RANDALL SCOTT (W / MALE)
    Booking No: BCSO12JBN004048
    Booking Date: 06/19/2012 23:40:54
    Age On Booking Date: 42

http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx

Generally, bond is reduced by time served. Although that seems like a rather large reduction. A $1000 cash only bond with usually take about a week to reduce, but that's in Mobile. Perhaps someone is trying to get him released and they are doing it one charge at a time?

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjr1977 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bjr1977 View Post
    Generally, bond is reduced by time served. Although that seems like a rather large reduction. A $1000 cash only bond with usually take about a week to reduce, but that's in Mobile. Perhaps someone is trying to get him released and they are doing it one charge at a time?
    Actually, if someone had paid on a charge, that charge should have disappeared b/c it was paid. So, I would guess he had a bond hearing or preliminary and the judge reduced the bond amount. Just a guess.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bjr1977 For This Useful Post:

For comparison:

WOOD, RANDALL SCOTT (W / MALE) Status: In Jail Booking No: BCSO12JBN004048 Booking Date: 06/19/2012 23:40:54 Age On Booking Date: 42
    Bond Amount: $150000.00

Charges:
    13A-6-67 CASE0001 SEXUAL ABUSE SECOND DEGREE S M $50000.00
    13A-6-64 CASE0002 SODOMY SECOND DEGREE S F $50000.00
    13A-13-3 CASE0003 INCEST F $50000.00

13A-6-67 CASE0001 SEXUAL ABUSE SECOND DEGREE S M $10000.00
    13A-6-64 CASE0002 SODOMY SECOND DEGREE S F $25000.00
    13A-13-3 CASE0003 INCEST F $25000.00
    Chatty

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChattyWoman For This Useful Post:

zeaux,
    do you have any information re: the bail being lowered?

I googled... Mobile County Alabama life sentence rape...and clicked the 2nd link

I have NO IDEA if that is him
    Thats disgusting!
    then there was the one where the grandfather raped his grandaughter!
    Im telling ya! It blows me away! sick sick sick!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

I have emailed one of the reporters to ask if he knows why the bail was reduced. Will post if I ever get an answer.

Bail Reduction

At times, a criminal defense attorney may be able to convince the court to lower the bail amount substantially, especially if the bail fee is too high for the crime the suspect is accused of committing. In making its determination whether to reduce bail, the court will consider some of the following factors:

1. The nature of the offense;

2. The circumstances leading to or surrounding the offense charged;

3. The weight of the evidence against defendant;

4. The defendant's mental condition, length of residency in the community, employment history, financial resources, and family ties, which may lower the probability of the alleged criminal to flee or commit another crime;

5. The defendant's history of convictions, past and present conduct, including any record of previous flight to avoid prosecution or failure to appear at court proceedings;

6. Whether the defendant is on any probation, parole, or other release pending completion of sentence or already on release, pending resolution of another criminal proceeding;

7. The probability of danger that the defendant poses when he/ she is released into the community and the probability of intimidation and danger to victims; and

8. The source of the funds used to post bail.
    http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc...ail-be-reduced

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leighmarker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Unless they spelled the name wrong, doubt it. The relatives and Britt are Wood not Woods. We should keep our eye on it, they might have made a mistake.

Could bond be reduced because he in turn, gave info on other individuals that are involved?

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by leighmarker View Post
    Unless they spelled the name wrong, doubt it. The relatives and Britt are Wood not Woods. We should keep our eye on it, they might have made a mistake.
    Oh your right the name just jumped out at me!

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast