Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1492

Thread: AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Quote Originally Posted by Cuoco7 View Post
    Could bond be reduced because he in turn, gave info on other individuals that are involved?

Could it be because he was never in trouble before?

Quote Originally Posted by bjr1977 View Post
    Actually, if someone had paid on a charge, that charge should have disappeared b/c it was paid. So, I would guess he had a bond hearing or preliminary and the judge reduced the bond amount. Just a guess.
    Maybe he hired an attorney. Still, I doubt he'll find a family member or friend that would post bond for him.

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    Maybe he hired an attorney. Still, I doubt he'll find a family member or friend that would post bond for him.

I'm thinking that's what happened. Even a court appointed atty can get a bond reduced pretty easily. However, when you find out the guy who lives 3 doors down is a convicted sex offender (sodomized 2 boys under 12) lives with his mother, you realize sometimes family stands behind family no matter what.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bjr1977 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post

Oh i think family WILL bail him out!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Oh i think family WILL bail him out!
    I am not sure family has the money to bail him out. And if I was Chessie, any spare penny I had would go toward finding BW.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuoco7 View Post
    Could bond be reduced because he in turn, gave info on other individuals that are involved?
    Possibly, but I have doubts. Generally, the negotiations are saved for plea deals, and not for something like bond lowering. The judge looks at factors like prior convictions, flight risk, etc. and can lower bond as he sees fit. Also, I'm sure the defendant knows full well whether he has family or friends willing to post bond for him. Its likely there is no one with the means or the desire to post bond for him, so I doubt he'd go all in on providing additional info for a bond that wouldn't be posted, no matter how much it's reduced.

Eta: I would think he'd save any negotiating power he may have for a leniency in sentencing and/or dropped/lowered charges.

ETA#2: JMO.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndiLA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fabvab View Post
    I am not sure family has the money to bail him out. And if I was Chessie, any spare penny I had would go toward finding BW.
    I wouldn't think Chessie would, but maybe his family in TN. Maybe he or they own property and are trying to get it low enough to use the property for bond. Also, if there are other perps...they longer he is in there, the more likely he is to talk. If I were an accomplice, I'd try to get him out. I don't know if it's really true that the longer they sit in there, the more likely they will talk...but I have heard many people say that regarding other crimes.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjr1977 For This Useful Post:

The Military can also Court Marshall him on this charges!!!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misplacedcajun For This Useful Post:

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/a...eID=5550&SID=1
    snipped
    MPD Cpl. Chris Levy said he couldn’t go into too much detail out of concern for the department’s investigative techniques, but Wood’s family reported her missing June 2 after she "packed her bags and walked out of the house” May 30.

All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,”
    We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.
    "That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.
    Snipped
    BBM
    well that is a little bit of info I was unaware of.
    Last edited by leighmarker; 06-26-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: eta

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leighmarker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by misplacedcajun View Post
    The Military can also Court Marshall him on this charges!!!
    what did I miss? are you talking about him being in the National Guard?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to leighmarker For This Useful Post:

I wouldn't think Chessie would, but maybe his family in TN. Maybe he or they own property and are trying to get it low enough to use the property for bond. Also, if there are other perps...they longer he is in there, the more likely he is to talk. If I were an accomplice, I'd try to get him out. I don't know if it's really true that the longer they sit in there, the more likely they will talk...but I have heard many people say that regarding other crimes.
    His address is to an apartment. I was guessing he didn't own property. FB posts said he was working in AL due to being laid off. That might make money another issue.

MOOhttps://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CAUQ8gEwAA
    Last edited by fabvab; 06-26-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fabvab View Post
    His address is to an apartment. I was guessing he didn't own property. FB posts said he was working in AL due to being laid off. That might make money another issue.

MOOhttps://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CAUQ8gEwAA

Well, if he had an atty request a reduction there should be a reason for that. His bond was reduced by what 40%? It is not going to be reduced by much more than that if any. His attorney would know that. It would be pointless to have the attorney request it be lowered at all if there is NO possibility of anyone atleast trying to post the bond. I know people who have had friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, and/or grandparents put up THEIR property. So it is still possible he has someone out there that might atleast try.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjr1977 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by leighmarker View Post
    http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/a...eID=5550&SID=1
    snipped
    MPD Cpl. Chris Levy said he couldn’t go into too much detail out of concern for the department’s investigative techniques, but Wood’s family reported her missing June 2 after she "packed her bags and walked out of the house” May 30.

All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,”
    We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.
    "That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.
    Snipped
    BBM
    well that is a little bit of info I was unaware of.
    Seriously! Why has there been so much flip flopping from the family as to the who/what/where/when/why that pertains to the last time she was known to have had contact with anyone, where she was, and the circumstances under which she left her mothers home? "packed her bags and left" makes it sound like she was leaving for good, not just an overnight stay with her friend or uncle or whatever the original story was.

ETA: I want to clarify that I'm NOT stating that the family is trying to cover something up, I'm just saying, it's a little frustrating. I'm sure even moreso for LE. They cannot run a proper investigation and find this poor girl without ALL of the facts.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AndiLA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    With knowing Brittney's cell pinged from a tower by the truck stop, would she have willingly hitched a ride from a trucker or other passerby? Is she comfortable around older people or does she hang out more with kids her own age? Has Brittney ever had an ongoing relationship with an older guy, like maybe in his 20's while she was a teen?
    I only know of boys around her own age. I've never gotten the impression that she would hitch with a stranger. But, anything could have happened that night.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndiLA View Post
    Seriously! Why has there been so much flip flopping from the family as to the who/what/where/when/why that pertains to the last time she was known to have had contact with anyone, where she was, and the circumstances under which she left her mothers home? "packed her bags and left" makes it sound like she was leaving for good, not just an overnight stay with her friend or uncle or whatever the original story was.
    thats what I thought too, I just wonder why these details weren't posted by others? It makes a big difference "her family has heard from her", also " they know she was in the area when DH committed suicide"? wtf?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to leighmarker For This Useful Post:

She packed a tote bag, from what I understand. Maybe that and a purse could be considered bags, but it's not like she packed up with all her earthly possessions. She left on foot.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeaux For This Useful Post:

Well, if he had an atty request a reduction there should be a reason for that. His bond was reduced by what 40%? It is not going to be reduced by much more than that if any. His attorney would know that. It would be pointless to have the attorney request it be lowered at all if there is NO possibility of anyone atleast trying to post the bond. I know people who have had friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, and/or grandparents put up THEIR property. So it is still possible he has someone out there that might atleast try.
    Thanks for the info. I know very little how they work. Do they ever reduce bond without an attorney? And could he have a court appointed attorney who would get it reduced? Thanks!

No one in the family has heard from her 5/31. The last text was at 1:47 am June 1. She had contact with people on 5/31, which was after she left her mom's. That's what LE is referring to. There's been no contact since.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeaux For This Useful Post:

Info about bag is on her Missing Poster. I guess the size of bag might determine how long she meant to be gone.

I'd like to know if she took her phone charger. I always take my charger when intending to stay overnight. But I know a couple of people who keep charger in purse at all times.

http://www.hs.facebook.com/HelpFindB...VolunteersPage

35. The Following User Says Thank You to fabvab For This Useful Post:

thats what I thought too, I just wonder why these details weren't posted by others? It makes a big difference "her family has heard from her", also " they know she was in the area when DH committed suicide"? wtf?
    BBM: this statement right here is the BIGGEST wtf?! Of all. IMO, that's crucial information. Did she see him shoot himself? Did she witness something else? Did they search the suicide site for clues to her disappearance in addition to the suicide investigation?

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndiLA For This Useful Post:

BBM: this statement right here is the BIGGEST wtf?! Of all. IMO, that's crucial information. Did she see him shoot himself? Did she witness something else? Did they search the suicide site for clues to her disappearance in addition to the suicide investigation?
    other reports we have seen say "her phone" was in the area. This is different (IMO)

Hi everyone!

I had ask last night if BW has a tattoo on her lower back. I found a pic of girl calling herself Brittney online in the Tillman Corner area. She has a tat on her lower back surrounded by butterflies. I saw that it was noted in one of the poster that she had a tat on her leg surrounded by butterflies. I just wanted to verify it is on her leg not her lower back.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeaux View Post
    She packed a tote bag, from what I understand. Maybe that and a purse could be considered bags, but it's not like she packed up with all her earthly possessions. She left on foot.
    Thanks for clarifying! The way it was worded, coupled with the revelation of previous statements given to LE "haven't been entirely accurate" made me think she was planning on going away for a long time. "packed her bags and left the home" just makes it sound like she had several suitcases packed and paced out.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to AndiLA For This Useful Post:

other reports we have seen say "her phone" was in the area. This is different (IMO)
    Agreed, two totally different situations. Her phone could have been in the area due to any number of reasons. But if SHE were in the area....whoooole 'nother story.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to AndiLA For This Useful Post:

FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Wow SouthernSweetpea. In your opinion, knowing something happened to BW as a child, could she have learned how to keep secrets at a young age and therefore is able to hold strong by keeping secret her location...if in fact she's alive & not deceased?
    First hand experience here... keeping secrets is the standard and it is usually out of shame or fear that something terrible will happen to another family member. I was never threatened to keep my mouth shut. The psychological mind set of a child in those circumstances instinctively knows it would be far worse if they said anything.

I never told because I was ashamed, didn't think anyone would believe me or that it would make any difference and I didn't want to make my life anymore messed up than it already was... but more so because I knew my dad would kill someone and go to jail.

I needed & wanted my dad around. My dad wasn't perfect (alcoholic) but my dad lived his life as if the sun did not rise until I did. He loved me more than anything in the entire world.

I told when I was "old enough" (15) and brave enough to stand up for myself and what I thought would happen... happened. I got kicked out of my house and was on my own. My mom's maternal protectiveness lasted maybe 30 minutes. She then announced she wasn't giving up her home that she had invested almost 13 years of her life to so I would have to live somewhere else. She was a real peach.

It makes you tougher, less afraid of terrible things happening to you (what could be worse?)... it does make you think you can overcome things a lot easier than others. That is partially true but it also makes you vulnerable to predators because you just really want someone to love you honestly without hurting you.

Enough about me... I am just trying to illustrate more insight into the mindset of an abused child, family dynamics, how & why secrets are kept by the abused and by the others who know or who may know what is happening.

46. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast