AZ - Toryn Buckman, 4, tortured & beaten to death, Phoenix, 31 May 2012 *Arrests*

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/...ot-guilty-in-4-year-olds-death-159592865.html

Between comments Buckman and Edwards made to detectives when they were interviewed and the injuries to the girl doctors observed, police believe Toryn was the victim of ongoing abuse.

They say Buckman, 22, beat her little daughter on multiple occasions, the last of which allegedly happened two days before her death. They also believe Edwards, also 22, intentionally scalded her with hot water in the bathtub.

"There were injuries basically head to foot," Thompson said. Toryn had a number of abrasions and bruises, as well as whip marks made by a clothes hanger and apparent scald marks on her lower body. Detectives are calling this one of the most egregious instances of child abuse they have ever seen.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2012/06/ashley_buckman_james_edwards_p.php

Toryn Buckman was pronounced brain dead when she was brought to Phoenix Children's Hospital on May 30, after what Edwards told police was five or six months of abuse of the girl, and she died the next day.

According to court documents obtained by New Times, the girl had injuries to her face, mouth, neck, chest, torso, back, and arms, including burns on her buttocks, genitals, legs, and hands, as well as several broken ribs and ripped-off nipples.

Oh, mercy, sometimes it's so hard to read about the cruel and merciless abuse of these little angels...bless her and keep her where she'll never be in pain again and will receive all the love she needs.

rest peacefully beautiful Toryn

I hope the monsters who did this are sentenced to prison for life and all parental rights severed so that the little 1 year-old is never forced to visit either of them in prison

I am not a parent but I cannot understand what a child could possibly do to deserve that kind of treatment. They are tiny compared to the adults around them. It just doesn't make sense.

I feel so sick, reading what was done to this beautiful little girl. I don't know how humans could behave so despicably. These two adults are not human, they left that species and became anumals. For at least six months, probably much longer, this helpless little girl was abused, tortured, her nipples ripped off. I don't know why there were no involuntary child's screams of pain reported from the other apartment dwellers. Yet these two had the nerve to plead inocent. Too bad the court can't lock 'em up forever. They do not deserve another chance to live among human beings.
RIP, little one, They can't hurt you anymore.

I think someone's got this on the site somewhere and I just didn't find it. This apparently made news the end of May, or by June 1, 2012.
Rhetorical question: WTH is the matter with people?

"twisting her nipples until they bled -- nipples the girl no longer has, according to the documents."

I just cannot get it in my head how a mother can hurt her child like that, I mean really any child.
I ask myself this question every time I read such horrendous stuff...and then look at my little girl and im glad shes safe.
Just imagine what a horrible life that girl had...urgh :banghead:

I do not understand. If she were that much of a stress that these two adults couldn't handle her (which BTW, I don't believe for a minute. They are just evil) why not put her up for adoption?! This has to stop. These children are our future! So disgusted right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sept 2015:

Opening arguments began Monday in the trial of a man accused in the 2012 death of a 4-year-old Phoenix girl whose injuries had been described as the products of torture.

James Edwards, 25, is on trial in the first-degree murder of Toryn Buckman, as well as six counts of child abuse against the girl. Her mother, Ashley Buckman, pleaded not guilty to the same charges but is being tried separately.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...rial-starts-4-year-old-girls-murder/72999116/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back