1306 users online (263 members and 1043 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NV - Kirstin Lobato convicted in '01 murder of Duran Bailey, Las Vegas

Change.Org and the Innocence Project are partnering to get Kristen Blaise Lobato out prison on a wrongful conviction.

In 2002 at 19 years old, Kirstin was convicted for the murder and sexual assault of a homeless man named Duran Bailey in Las Vegas. But there was no physical evidence tying Kirstin to the crime and the evidence that was tested for DNA actually excluded her. There were four identifiable crime scene fingerprints - none matched Kirstin’s. A bloody shoe print was found next to the body and a footprint expert testified that it came from a “U.S. men’s size 9 athletic shoe.” Pubic hair found on the victim was tested for DNA and the results excluded both Blaise and the victim as the hair’s source. Multiple people testified that Kirstin was nearly 200 miles away from Las Vegas at the time of the crime.
    I know Kristin's case inside and out-it is physically impossible that she committed this crime and it is time to set her free. We will be featuring more on her case on Websleuths but in the interim, please sign this petition at Change to pressure the authorities to set her free.

PETITION HERE
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Check out some of the comments:

B R
    3 months ago

75 people like this reason

Because I used to live up the street from Blaise and her family in Panaca and I know for a fact myself she was home when this crime was committed. It happens to be one of the worst miscarriages of justice I have ever seen! It is discusting that this young lady is still in prison for a crime she DID NOT Commit!
    N M
    3 months ago

25 people like this reason

As citizens of countries (mine and yours) that promote the appearance of justice – fair trials – innocent until proven guilty – it is inconsistent to not at least allow someone to prove they are innocent - not while at the same time we are sending our troops overseas to risk their lives to stand up for oppressed people in other countries with similar issues. Just to be clear here - it’s not OK to have an innocent person behind bars.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Please forgive me for misspelling her name...I was typing too quickly. It is Kirstin.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

http://www.justice4kirstin.com/campaign/

This website is also devoted to freeing her. You can read articles and see documents with the evidence.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Holy crap! How did she even get "involved" in a case that happened 200 miles away? Obviously, she was a complete stranger to this homeless guy...but how did LE decide she would be a suspect?

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Holy crap! How did she even get "involved" in a case that happened 200 miles away? Obviously, she was a complete stranger to this homeless guy...but how did LE decide she would be a suspect?
    She bounced back and forth between Las Vegas and Panaca, Nevada. She says in May, she was attacked in the parking lot of her Las Vegas apartment. The attacker attempted to rape her, so she pulled a knife out of her pocket and cut at the man's penis, disabling him. She fled the area.

But she talked to A LOT of people about that attack, and one of those people talked to a probation officer, who called the Las Vegas police. In her statement to police, they talk about another woman Blaise told them had been attacked by the man, and she said her attack happened over a month prior. No followup question.

thanks, SW...I typed out a big long reply and then lost it to whatever magic genie sweeps posts away when there is a thunderstorm.

Yours was much more succinct.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle

TYVM believe09

That magic genie is WAY too busy around here, it's eaten quite a few of my comments. I thought it was my computer........

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    thanks, SW...I typed out a big long reply and then lost it to whatever magic genie sweeps posts away when there is a thunderstorm.

Yours was much more succinct.

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    What can we do to help Kirstin?

Signed and shared but I cannot get onto the website with all the info
    England's dancing days are done...

We are putting together a plan to profile this case here on WS. We are lining up a special radio show that will include it and then roll out something where we can all start digging. I remember the first thing I thought after I had waded through all of the material the first time-this is the USA. Railroading happens in dictatorship countries, not here.

How wrong could I be?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    We are putting together a plan to profile this case here on WS. We are lining up a special radio show that will include it and then roll out something where we can all start digging. I remember the first thing I thought after I had waded through all of the material the first time-this is the USA. Railroading happens in dictatorship countries, not here.

How wrong could I be?
    Any luck/progress with setting up her case to be profiled? I reread all the documentation the other night and I just can't see her being guilty. Bad hearsay rulings by the judge amongst other injustices!
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My confession... I

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swjaxon View Post
    She bounced back and forth between Las Vegas and Panaca, Nevada. She says in May, she was attacked in the parking lot of her Las Vegas apartment. The attacker attempted to rape her, so she pulled a knife out of her pocket and cut at the man's penis, disabling him. She fled the area.

But she talked to A LOT of people about that attack, and one of those people talked to a probation officer, who called the Las Vegas police. In her statement to police, they talk about another woman Blaise told them had been attacked by the man, and she said her attack happened over a month prior. No followup question.

Okay, color me confused.
    I'm still not getting how she became "connected" to the killing of the homeless man. Is it his penis she cut, and, if so, did that defensive slice kill him? And then a month later a probation officer catches wind and contacts her? Can someone give some more basic details? I'm hesitant to get my initial information from the innocent project site, simply because the one case I've read about on there was a case where I knew some inside information that led me to strongly believe the perp was actually the perp, and all the information on that site seemed incredibly biased.

I'm not dissing the innocence project, just explaining why I'd rather read some information from another source first. Unless, of course, the innocent project site contains court documents or other information.

Hope that made sense. Thanks
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

I came here looking for more sources too, because if you read the first bunch of google links that come up, it's OUTLANDISH that this young woman is in prison. I almost want to believe I have to be reading it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - damn you auto-correct!

I had never heard of this case before.

One question from info I saw online about her appeals. Sorry, no link ...........

One of the things that has been denied in her second trial was the 'witness testimony' of the 8 or so people she'd told her attempted rape story to. I don't understand. If it was this story as told to these 8 people, that led LE to Kirstin as a suspect in the first place, then why couldn't they have them testify at the second trial?

I understand all the hearsay stuff, but because that is what they used as their justification in arresting her in the first place, then why can't they at the least, testify to WHEN she told them? They don't have to tell WHAT? she told them, just WHEN.

Something is up with this judge, IMHO. OR, our legal system.

I swear, I've seen more cases where there were EYE WITNESSES to the accused being somewhere else at the time of the crime, and the jury for some reason doesn't believe them and goes with no witness, no evidence, hear-say, LE.

Just because they arrest someone and even try them, doesn't mean they're guilty. I used to ASSUME that, but no longer. I actually know personally of a person who was arrested and tried for a horrible crime on a child. I didn't believe they did it from the get-go upon hearing of the total circumstances and he was tried and found innocent. But it ruined his life and that of his family's (which included two young children). Oh, and I had a professional relationship with them and was unhappy with my personal dealings at the time (later realized it was most likely my fault it turned out the way it did), so I wasn't basing my thoughts because I liked him, I just felt it was a misunderstanding of the circumstances. Apparently the jury thought so too.

When something like this happens, it's a shame this same judge is allowed to make later rulings as to 'fair trial' and such. Obviously they'll rule against anything that could POSSIBLY making them look bad for their previous decisions.

Hope she gets the judicial system to give her another chance. It looks like she was wrongly convicted to me, at first glance. Of course I could see it differently if I understood more what her conviction was based on, per these jurors.

JMHO
    fran

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast