Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1104
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,234

    AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

    Please continue here.

    Please remember TOS.

    Please do not discuss the minor children in an accusatory nature. They are victims of this situation and should be treated as such, unless LE tells us differently.

    Please remember that theories and speculation are welcome, but they must be based in reality. ALSO - if you don't happen to agree with a theory, that's fine, BUT don't be condescending or tell those who are kicking the theory around, how to post.

    Please be respectful and civil to each other and the MODS - or TOs will be issued. If you have a question about moderation, what is okay to post, or TOS, PM a mod. They will help you. You may always pm me or any of the mods you are comfortable with. We will get an answer for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

    Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

    Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

    She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
    Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/t...-year-old-girl

    Previous Threads:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    Thread 5
    Thread 6
    Thread 7
    Thread 8
    Thread 9
    Thread 10
    Thread 11
    Thread 12
    Thread 13
    Thread 14
    Thread 15
    Thread 16
    Thread 17
    Thread 18
    Thread 19
    Thread 20
    Thread 21
    Thread 22
    Thread 23


    Media/Timeline Thread: Media/Timeline Thread

    Scanner Threads:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...me-6-years-old
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-years-old-2
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-years-old-3

    REMEMBER: Anything posted in the scanner thread must stay in the scanner thread.

    Full news coverage: http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

    Local Media:
    http://www.kgun9.com/
    http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/categor...missing-isabel
    http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/
    http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/subindex/news/local/tucson
    http://azstarnet.com/

    Find Isabel Celis Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/FindIsabelCelis
    New website for Isabel Celis: http://bringisahome.com/
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 10:48 PM.


  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,234

    AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

    Please continue here.

    Salem


  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,178


    This is so sad. Two months and silence.

    I don't have anything new to add to the conversation right now either except to say that I can't stop thinking about little Isa and how she should be out enjoying a new summer, wearing flip flops and eating Popsicles! I just try to keep up hope remembering Elizabeth Smart taking about Isa's disappearance..."There were quite a few similarities between her story and my story, being kidnapped out of bed, coming through a window and then just disappearing into thin air."

    So even though it has been 2 months now we need to keep going. One week after Isa's disappearance Elizabeth smart commented ..."I know it seems like a week, nothing's come up, no suspects, still searching, those kinds of answers can really drag a person down," she said, "But, I think you can compare it to my case if people gave up after a week of searching for me, I certainly wouldn't be here today."

    Isa we aren't giving up!

    http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/149181705.html
    "My own eyes are not enough for me, I will see through the eyes of others." ~C.S. Lewis



  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    82
    I agree with you Othereyes.

    I also have nothing to add right now. Just kinda taking up space to keep this little girl on the front page of the forum, and to keep her in my heart and prayers.

    Bump for Isa


  7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Isenbuettel,GERMANY
    Posts
    373
    I think that little angel is already dead, unfortunately
    Justice for Isa, they have to find out what happenned to her,
    not another case like the other children who haven´t been found yet
    and also taken from their beds

    http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&hl=...r:5,s:18,i:145


  9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DIRK SCHILLER For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,786
    Here's a list of how many (stories + videos + blogs) come up when I search for Isabel's name on each of the news websites.

    CBS: 8 results
    CNN: 45 results
    FOX: 5 results
    ABC: 38 results

    What is up with CBS and FOX almost completely ignoring the case? FOX had 114 stories + videos for Kyron's case!
    Last edited by eileenhawkeye; 06-23-2012 at 12:24 PM.


  11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRK SCHILLER View Post
    I think that little angel is already dead, unfortunately
    Justice for Isa, they have to find out what happenned to her,
    not another case like the other children who haven´t been found yet
    and also taken from their beds

    http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&hl=...r:5,s:18,i:145

    Thank you for the link. Since the CA case in FL, I have been wondering what can be done to educate people about handling issues in their lives, BEFORE tragedy strikes. When parents and sitters hurt and kill children, it may be due to stress or depression. I know ZIP about psychology, but something must be missing in people's upbringing to allow so may people to hurt/kill/neglect innocent little children. There will always be mentally ill people, but how can so many people harm children?

    The sheer number of sex-offenders boggles my mind. Perhaps the ratio of SOs to regular people has remained constant - the registration of and statistics regarding SOs may make the numbers APPEAR increased. But seeing there are HUNDREDS around IC's home is jaw-dropping. Seeing HUNDREDS in MY area is jaw-dropping. Are these people not being taught as children to respect others? I realize some of these SOs have mental issues and will always exist. What causes so many men (primarily) to think children are their play-toys? I can't comprehend this at all.

    It seems to me some education could help decrease the sheer numbers of SOs and their victims. Education for parents as well, to help handle the stress of child-rearing. Education period. The US seems to value education less and less each day, and the results are more ignorance, more crime, and more harmed/murdered children.


  13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Azcrabcakes For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,430
    JM's court record update. The one DUI charge from Douglas.

    7/23/2012 CAL: TKL FTP
    6/22/2012 CAL: TKL FTP

    http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publ...aselookup.aspx


  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by ditdot
    I was reading docs again and I noticed Sergio name is on one then say ALIAS and its blacked out alot!!!
    Quoting from thread #23, post #938. I spent last night going back through the doc dump - is this what you saw, ditdot? Packet 6, page 2. I'm not very good at reading police reports, but I think it's in reference to SCJr.? The name is SMC, who I assume is Junior. That would make sense re: the redacted parts. Of course, this may not be what you're referring to. I'm still going through Packet 6 again, and will keep looking for any mention of an alias or nickname.

    I do remember a post somewhere that stated SC used to go by his middle name in high school. The poster's daughter (?) went to the same school, which is where the information came from, so maybe any reports that have an alias for SC are referring to his middle name. I've searched, but so far can't find where I read this.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Galadriel For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
    Quoting from thread #23, post #938. I spent last night going back through the doc dump - is this what you saw, ditdot? Packet 6, page 2. I'm not very good at reading police reports, but I think it's in reference to SCJr.? The name is SMC, who I assume is Junior. That would make sense re: the redacted parts. Of course, this may not be what you're referring to. I'm still going through Packet 6 again, and will keep looking for any mention of an alias or nickname.

    I do remember a post somewhere that stated SC used to go by his middle name in high school. The poster's daughter (?) went to the same school, which is where the information came from, so maybe any reports that have an alias for SC are referring to his middle name. I've searched, but so far can't find where I read this.
    I was curious about that post too. Do Dad and son have the same middle name/initial?

    ETA: I see Dad is SDC and son is SMC.



    Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN


  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Azcrabcakes View Post
    Thank you for the link. Since the CA case in FL, I have been wondering what can be done to educate people about handling issues in their lives, BEFORE tragedy strikes. When parents and sitters hurt and kill children, it may be due to stress or depression. I know ZIP about psychology, but something must be missing in people's upbringing to allow so may people to hurt/kill/neglect innocent little children. There will always be mentally ill people, but how can so many people harm children?

    The sheer number of sex-offenders boggles my mind. Perhaps the ratio of SOs to regular people has remained constant - the registration of and statistics regarding SOs may make the numbers APPEAR increased. But seeing there are HUNDREDS around IC's home is jaw-dropping. Seeing HUNDREDS in MY area is jaw-dropping. Are these people not being taught as children to respect others? I realize some of these SOs have mental issues and will always exist. What causes so many men (primarily) to think children are their play-toys? I can't comprehend this at all.

    It seems to me some education could help decrease the sheer numbers of SOs and their victims. Education for parents as well, to help handle the stress of child-rearing. Education period. The US seems to value education less and less each day, and the results are more ignorance, more crime, and more harmed/murdered children.
    BBM

    I absolutely agree!

    I know zip about human psychology but as a dog training instructor, I've seen a lot of how people deal with their dogs.

    The vast majority of dog owners I've met had absolutely no desire to hurt their dogs and actually loved their dogs a lot. But they are given very poor training advice (think Cesar Millan) and many people don't have many tools in their training toolbox for how to fix their dog's behaviour problems.

    So, for example, I would see ridiculous situations such as a rambunctious 6 month old Lab puppy being hit or having its toes stepped on for jumping up on humans. The owners had zip education in how to analyse the situation: a) what is the dog doing wrong, b) what is motivating the dog to perform that behaviour and c) how to manipulate the situation so that the dog can get what it wants via behaviour that the owner wants; d) what (if anything) to do when the dog makes the wrong choice.

    When you go through the analysis: a) the Lab puppy is jumping up and clawing at humans; b) the puppy wants human attention; c) time human attention to coincide with when the puppy's front feet are on the ground; d) remove all attention from the puppy when it jumps up.

    I have the owner look up at the sky while crossing their arms over their chest when the puppy jumps up. As soon as the puppy's front feet hit the ground, I have the owner make eye contact and cautiously bend over to pet and praise (cautiously because that hard little Lab head is likely to go flying up in the air a time or two until the puppy figures out the new rules).

    No more hitting, no more risk of breaking the puppy's toes by stepping on them. Happy owner, happy puppy.

    Many people's training tool kit had only a few tools in it: jerk the leash, yell at the dog, smack the dog, step on the dog's toes. My job was to show the owners a whole panoply of tools, so that they would find something that worked that did not involve verbal or physical abuse.

    I suspect the same thing may apply to parenting children as well. People start out with only the tools they learned from their own parents and if their own parents had very few tools, then the new parents have very few tools as well.

    The human tendency if something doesn't work is to do it louder, faster or harder. The hardest thing I have to teach dog owners is the concept of changing tactics; if one tactic doesn't work, don't keep doing it, try something different!

    Well, I could write a whole novel here (and I have).

    It just comes down to: I agree with you.


  21. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:


  22. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,384
    Not sure this was ever posted - don't see it o n the new thread in any case.

    http://tucsoncitizen.com/pats-bits-and-bytes/?p=159
    Pat Alvarez on Jun. 22, 2012

    What do we do? What do you think? Do you think Sergio did something to his little girl and there is blood evidence? If that is the case…or were the case…I have no doubt that the TPD would have arrested him. If he is/was dangerous to his children, don’t you think Child Protective Services would have filed a petition with the court rather than having him voluntarily stay away from his boys? Think.


    No one knows what happened. But lots of people have opinions and the Police/law enforcement, I am sure, have their suspicions. There are so many maybes here. Maybe she was taken away, to protect her…..due to threats by other parties. I don’t know…I’m just speculating. If the police had concrete information that Mr. Celis was a danger to his children…he’d be in jail and the Juvenile Court would have issued orders.


    That being said, there are a lot of questions about this family…their associates and relatives. Most people feel their responses and early interactions with the media were suspect. Perhaps so. I myself felt Sergio was being artificial. But, I don’t know what really happened or why they responded as they did as a family and am not willing to condemn them for not appearing as we think they should.


  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:


  24. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    BBM

    But they are given very poor training advice (think Cesar Millan) and many people don't have many tools in their training toolbox for how to fix their dog's behaviour problems.
    Cesar Milan gives bad advice? Actually, I know nothing about dog training either, which is why I can't break my two little doggies from barking at the front door! I have tried Milan's advice, but FAILED. I've had sucess with other things - sit, stay, come, etc.

    I guess dog training skills, like parenting skills, don't come naturally to many humans! However, if IC was abducted by a complete stranger, the level of parenting skills don't even enter the equation.

    Waiting impatiently for some news.


  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azcrabcakes For This Useful Post:


  26. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,151
    Is it possible to get copies of the search warrants in this case? I know I have seen the search warrants in another case. How does that work?



    Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN


  27. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,430
    Bumping for Isabel!

    Jules71, the media needs to request those docs but they may be sealed still or held back as being part of the investigation they don't want out so no one is tipped off.


  28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1464
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
  2. Replies: 836
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
  3. Replies: 1278
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
  4. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1624
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 10:23 PM
  5. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8
    By KaylynnCouture in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 08:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •