Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 1104
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Always in the heart of Kentucky!
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Holly Bobo's case has a record setting reward of several hundred thousand dollars.. yet no one has yet stepped forward with info of her abduction over a year ago April 13, 2011
    Aliayah Lunsford also has a large reward -her "parents" (and i hate to call them that) have not only had all of their children removed from their home by social services, they have never ever searched for her, and her Mom is headed to the Federal Pen tomorrow for Food Stamp Fraud. So SO sad
    Destiny Renee Brewer-November 2,1999-June 28, 2010. Destiny -I love and miss you, tiny dancer!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIje...feature=fvwrel


  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CJMAJORGIRL24 For This Useful Post:


  3. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Always in the heart of Kentucky!
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Yes, that report linked is from 1997- 15 years old..,,I did find a newer 2007 report was written

    https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publicatio...aspx?id=240688


    Here's the abstract for the more recent report.



    http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/doc...de_missing.pdf
    While this research might not be the newest-my Professor feels it is still being used by some of the largest police agencies in this country. Basically because it was such a massive research project. And because these cases are not the norm.
    Last edited by CJMAJORGIRL24; 06-27-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Destiny Renee Brewer-November 2,1999-June 28, 2010. Destiny -I love and miss you, tiny dancer!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIje...feature=fvwrel


  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CJMAJORGIRL24 For This Useful Post:


  5. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,270
    There are some good comments and info under the article here:
    http://tucsoncitizen.com/pats-bits-and-bytes/?p=159

    I found the comments about the 'National Program to help search for Missing Children called the NALC/USPS Child Alert Program' to be interesting.

    ETA: I googled some of the key words above and it seems this same person has given this info on many different missing persons articles and forums.



    Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN


  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:


  7. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,382
    I'm still sitting on the fence, but here's my thinking.

    If the Celis' are involved in Isabel's disappearance, more than likely there is nothing I can do to help find her. I think it was either an accidental death or she could have been sent away to family in Mexico and will never be found? IDK. I had some other thoughts on SC and the voluntary agreement, but I'm not sure they are valid.

    But if Isabel was abducted by a complete stranger (or an acquaintance, friend, neighbor) and not murdered within a short time (I hate to even say that), then I think the possibilities are two... 1. she has ended up in an illegal adoption/living with some pervert/etc... or, 2. she was taken for the child sex trade. Are there other obvious possibilities if it was a non-family abduction?


  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:


  9. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16,042
    We just had a 6 year old girl (Sierra) assaulted and murdered... she disappeared from her house and was found quickly.
    They are talking about Sierra's being an isolated incident.
    However, 17 years ago the same thing happened, to another 6 year old girl but Rosie's case was never solved.

    We are only a one day drive from Arizona... so I thought I'd put it here just because.

    UT - 6 year old girl found in canal West Jordan - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-07-2015 at 11:22 PM. Reason: repair url tag.


  10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:


  11. #216
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    19,345
    Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I'm still sitting on the fence, but here's my thinking.

    If the Celis' are involved in Isabel's disappearance, more than likely there is nothing I can do to help find her. I think it was either an accidental death or she could have been sent away to family in Mexico and will never be found? IDK. I had some other thoughts on SC and the voluntary agreement, but I'm not sure they are valid.

    But if Isabel was abducted by a complete stranger (or an acquaintance, friend, neighbor) and not murdered within a short time (I hate to even say that), then I think the possibilities are two... 1. she has ended up in an illegal adoption/living with some pervert/etc... or, 2. she was taken for the child sex trade. Are there other obvious possibilities if it was a non-family abduction?
    BBM

    I have always felt that someone was watching Isa and she was taken for sexual purposes. Not to be sold to a sex trade but for the perp's own self gratification and perversions.

    I think Isa is like most victims that this happens to and she was murdered within hours of being kidnapped.

    IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:


  13. #217
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,588
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    BBM

    I have always felt that someone was watching Isa and she was taken for sexual purposes. Not to be sold to a sex trade but for the perp's own self gratification and perversions.

    I think Isa is like most victims that this happens to and she was murdered within hours of being kidnapped.

    IMO
    I agree with this but I must say that for the life of me I cannot make sense of TPD NOT THOROUGHLY, METHODICALLY, GRID MAP SEARCHING THE ENTIRE TUCSON AND SURROUNDING AREAS? ..just as is continuing to methodically be done in sierra's case in CA. . It goes to show you that the stranger abduction for sexual motive and then murder does not always mean the stranger is going to carelessly dump their victims remains just about anywhere as they don't care dude to the fact they have no connection to the victim.. as that tends to be what many think and therefore when a victims body is still not found many believe that it was not a stranger perp..

    Sierra's case shows that even the stranger abductors for sexual motive and murder at times do obviously go to some lengths to conceal and keep the remains unrecovered.. IMO I believe its likely to do with attempting to have the remains unrecovered for enough time that the remains do not yield DNA evidence or the like that they fear could possibly be recovered if the victim is found within a relatively short amount of time..

    This IMO is why time is of the essence as the LaMar case is racing against the clock with the continued methodical searching for her remains before that time clock runs out and the remains are past the point of yielding evidence of the utmost importance..

    Is it not the same for Isabel? Regardless whether her family murdered her or a stranger IMO TPD should be racing against the clock as well to find little Isa's remains before the evidence irretreviable.. why is this not at all happening regardless of if you believe the parents did it vs a stranger did it.. why arevthey not racing against the clock to find this child's remains to ensure the responsible perp is successfully prosecuted to fullest extent of the law?? ..they claim that is their objective to take this case to trial and successfully prosecute those responsible.. i don't get it and that again is regardless of who you believe is the responsible perp..
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..


  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  15. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,437
    Tucson is a huge city. If little Isa were in the city, even miles from her home, it would be noticed. Surrounding Tucson there is so much open desert that to even guess where Isa could have been dumped is like a needle in a hay stack.

    TPD's investigation has been methodical, thorough & very professional and for anyone who doesn't live here to say they weren't, shows they don't know the area. Believe me, they searched areas we aren't even aware of. None of us know what TPD or the FBI does.

    The actions so far show that they believed that Isa's brothers needed distance from Sergio, they released the information that CPS had been to the Celis home in December 2011, they clearly are focused on someone or ones & any areas they are searching is kept under wraps. jmo

    City of Tucson has a land area of 226.71 square miles

    The 2010 United States Census puts the city's population at 520,116 with a metropolitan area population at 1,020,200. In 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson,_Arizona

    Where would you start searching?


  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:


  17. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,382
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    BBM

    I have always felt that someone was watching Isa and she was taken for sexual purposes. Not to be sold to a sex trade but for the perp's own self gratification and perversions.

    I think Isa is like most victims that this happens to and she was murdered within hours of being kidnapped.

    IMO

    This morning I was reading about that case where a teen boy is seen on video and they think he could be in danger, but they don't know where he is. Unfortunately it seems he is also with a much young girl in the tape. I hate to say it, but dying quickly might be better.


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:


  19. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,468
    IF TPD has developed information that leads them to believe (but not yet able to prove) that whatever happened to Isa happened inside the home and by a member of her family, where would you have them "search?" There's only so many people in LE and the city has other cases to attend to as well.

    Statistics and FBI behavior data show that IF it was a member of the family, Isa is deceased and has been since that night. Actually, even if she were taken by a stranger (which I believe is a longshot), the first few hours are the most critical to finding a child and after 48 hours the chances of a child being alive are slim.


  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:


  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    This morning I was reading about that case where a teen boy is seen on video and they think he could be in danger, but they don't know where he is. Unfortunately it seems he is also with a much young girl in the tape. I hate to say it, but dying quickly might be better.
    We can't say that. Think of Shasta Groene and Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee and the others who have been found and gone on to live good lives.

    We have all got to start peering through our curtains more IMO. Start asking questions of unhappy looking kids...start prying into our neighbours lives. Decent, inquisitive people are the only hope these kids have.


  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:


  23. #222
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,270
    There is a new case today on WS for a girl named Sierra from Utah. This sounds similar to Isa's case. Found missing from room in the morning by one parent. Other parent at work. Two other siblings home. Only difference is they found her body within approx 30 mins of being reported missing and Isa is still missing.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2



    Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN


  24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:


  25. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    19,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    There is a new case today on WS for a girl named Sierra from Utah. This sounds similar to Isa's case. Found missing from room in the morning by one parent. Other parent at work. Two other siblings home. Only difference is they found her body within approx 30 mins of being reported missing and Isa is still missing.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, another 6 year old missing from her home.

    Sierra was sexually assaulted before she was murdered. Children Sierra and Isa's age are targets for pedophiles.

    Another little precious child's life is now over because evil was present.

    IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina


  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:


  27. #224
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,588

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    Tucson is a huge city. If little Isa were in the city, even miles from her home, it would be noticed. Surrounding Tucson there is so much open desert that to even guess where Isa could have been dumped is like a needle in a hay stack.

    TPD's investigation has been methodical, thorough & very professional and for anyone who doesn't live here to say they weren't, shows they don't know the area. Believe me, they searched areas we aren't even aware of. None of us know what TPD or the FBI does.

    The actions so far show that they believed that Isa's brothers needed distance from Sergio, they released the information that CPS had been to the Celis home in December 2011, they clearly are focused on someone or ones & any areas they are searching is kept under wraps. jmo

    City of Tucson has a land area of 226.71 square miles

    The 2010 United States Census puts the city's population at 520,116 with a metropolitan area population at 1,020,200. In 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson,_Arizona

    Where would you start searching?
    I'm no professional nor do I claim to be.. my point is very simple that from all appearances the methodical gridded searching done in sierra's case is not being done in this case.. it seems to me the lay person that the recovery of the body would be equally important regardless whether Sergio Celis did or a stranger. ..that is my point, period..

    You say there iis methodical searching happening.. that's great and something I was completely unaware of.. i appreciate your clearing that misconception of mine up!

    And now back to safely lurking on this case
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..


  28. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    I'm no professional nor do I claim to be.. my point is very simple that from all appearances the methodical gridded searching done in sierra's case is not being done in this case.. it seems to me the lay person that the recovery of the body would be equally important regardless whether Sergio Celis did or a stranger. ..that is my point, period..

    You say there iis methodical searching happening.. that's great and something I was completely unaware of.. i appreciate your clearing that misconception of mine up!

    And now back to safely lurking on this case
    LE may well know something that we don't, that leaves them to believe Isa is not nearby, dead or alive.

    I pray she is alive. They do not appear to be looking for a body and that can only be positive IMO.


  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:


Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1464
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
  2. Replies: 836
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
  3. Replies: 1278
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
  4. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12
    By bessie in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1624
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 10:23 PM
  5. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8
    By KaylynnCouture in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 08:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •