1207 users online (181 members and 1026 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Also did anyone else who has been following this case from the beginning notice that Mari and Sherri's description of the initial CPH phone call and how it relates to when they actually learned SG was missing doesn't seem to collaberate with each other or with some of their previous verbal descriptions?

It was as if each of their interviews were conducted without the other person in the room (and without any concern that some of us have heard and read their previous descriptions of these accounts). In one corner you have Sherri claiming that she did not know SG was missing until AD called her. Then she later goes on to say that she was standing right there when her mother received that first call from CPH. Yet in another corner we have Mari stating that she didn't even know that SG was missing until she received that phone call.

Even if Mari believed that SG stayed one night at a halfway house and was driven home by MP, wouldn't her very next phone all be to SG to check on her and to ask why?

And if Sherri was standing right there when her mom was on the phone with CPH, wouldn't she have told AD not to worry about SG being missing when AD called her because MP was driving her home from the doc's halfway house?

The full 48 Hours Episode is now available for viewing on their web site

The Long Island Serial Killer - 48 Hours - CBS News

I found it very interesting, especially the part where her attorney walked into the marsh to the locations where SG's clothing and body were found. The area where her clothes were found was simply an area of tall grass. There was nothing to indicate her pants could have been caught in any bushes, etc.

I've been following this case from the beginning and still stop in here occasionally to read updates. I still think LE could be doing more to solve this case.
    Last edited by shadowraiths; 11-20-2016 at 01:25 AM. Reason: fixed url

That was just a re-hash of the first part. This is crappy journalism. A few small tid bits added, but on a whole, not informative. Too bad.

I like to point out some of the contradictions:

- Ray states, SG was heard on the 911 tape for about 5-6 minutes only huffing while running around. But as if to compensate, he didn't say a thing about, she was heard being pulled in a vehicle

- The timeline is different from the timeline we heard. According to this version, SG and MP left about midnight (not 1 am) for LI. But they arrived at 2 am as in the known time line, thus causing another 1 hour hole.

- Ray stood right next to enough water for any unconscious person to drown while he said, it is impossible, she drowned

- We know now, Mr Ray's couturier has to be an insane serial killer, like Tom Hanks hair artist in the Da Vinci movie ... ok, irrelevant!

- Gerberth had a point when he described the feeling of superiority the unsub must feel. However, he had it wrong with his rubber stamp line about sexual psychopath. A sexual psychopath with an already fully established signature is way beyond his ramp up phase and would produce more than 4 victims in 4 years. More like 4-8 per year.

- The description of the phone calls the killer made was interesting. No drunk white dude lines anymore. Now the description is "calm and controlled". Without wanting to do too much bragging, but look up my posts from a year ago about that subject. Check!

- The line about "planning to sue SCPD" sounded somehow familiar. They are planning now for how many months?

- I would like to hear from the families of the other victims. All is only SG, SG, SG and more SG distracting effectively from the GB4 and by this from LISK.

Well, that's hoe I perceived it. Erin Moriarty was once good in her job, but this time, she s***** up to John Ray. Maybe it's time, she retires.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

One thing that the 48 Hours tells me is that the SK is most likely not secretly communicating with LE or the press and asking for more press. This was a theory I was throwing around in my head. I was hopeing that he was and LE was keeping it secret. Or am I off base Peter. We know he made contact with victims familys, so maybe he might man up and try to contact the press or LE directly. It seemed to me he was also an attention getter. Guess I got that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    The full 48 Hours Episode is now available for viewing on their web site

The Long Island Serial Killer - 48 Hours - CBS News

I found it very interesting, especially the part where her attorney walked into the marsh to the locations where SG's clothing and body were found. The area where her clothes were found was simply an area of tall grass. There was nothing to indicate her pants could have been caught in any bushes, etc.

I've been following this case from the beginning and still stop in here occasionally to read updates. I still think LE could be doing more to solve this case.
    We had the paradoxical undressing discussion already in other threads. No bush can rip a tight jeans from a body, also no brambles. The only thing getting a girl out of that kind of jeans is she or her lover. I think, the lover we can cancel. And with a probability of more than 60%, if she had taken cocaine with alcohol or ecstasy with alcohol, her body's temperature regulation was severely compromised. The same as other patients with the very same drug mixes who pop up in the ERs.
    When it comes to LE, I think, it would be also already progress if they would stop to be an obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPC View Post
    in the first few minutes it is stated that the Gilberts & their attorney were not allowed to listen to Shannan's actual 911 call....they were only read a partial transcript. so, it is finally confirmed no one but law enforcement have heard the content of that call.
    Hi MrsPC, I had read your post before I watched the show and that isn't what I heard. I think the show said their attorney Mr Ray was not allowed to listen to the 911 call. Boy, he sure knew a lot about what was said on the call though! I did not hear the Gilberts named as not being allowed to listen to the call.

I hope 48 Hours has transcripts.

I would give the show a B+. They sure honed in on Dr Hackett. I was a mite surprised they were given the go ahead to do that. LE must have a say so as to what could be said or not said IMO.

I do believe in shows like this timing is often key to the investigation. There is some message LE is trying to get out to friends, relatives, neighbors, etc to hopefully further the investigation. Back to Hackett was not on my list of topics expected in the show. I think they're looking to confirm something. Maybe something like the Dr was seen out roving around that early morning. Possibility, eh, or even at the house partying it up? I learned from this show that Pak was inside the house with Shannan and the way they stated it seemed like he was partying too, not just let in to get her out. Well, Pak did tell Coletti he had been at a party with the girl who had knocked on his door.

Also, anyone else notice Coletti now through in the "I told her to sit right in that chair and wait" line (that is a new one we never heard him say before).

This old guy might be a distraction (because it is obvious that walking around with his cane he is not LISK), but did he have to change his story again to cover his ass in regards to the accusations that he was not a good citizen and did not let her in his house?

The lawyer said "when the police would find them, they were, in some way mutilated." Was he refering to all victims? Or was he refering to the last 6 that were found, when he made that statement? I was always under the assumption the GB4 were strangled. Were they mutilated too? Does this change the profile of LISK?

The show was a huge disappointment and a con job on the public. The 911 tape has been discussed by a Det.Stephan in his letter to the newspaper. He said he listened to the tape and SG was in control throughout.

AOL does this sort of 'journalism' on their website. They put up sensational information to get you to open up the thread. When you get there you can't find the story.

snipped by me to save space

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Brendt View Post
    I like to point out some of the contradictions:

- The description of the phone calls the killer made was interesting. No drunk white dude lines anymore. Now the description is "calm and controlled". Without wanting to do too much bragging, but look up my posts from a year ago about that subject. Check!

- I would like to hear from the families of the other victims. All is only SG, SG, SG and more SG distracting effectively from the GB4 and by this from LISK.

Well, that's hoe I perceived it. Erin Moriarty was once good in her job, but this time, she s***** up to John Ray. Maybe it's time, she retires.
    Uhhh.... hate to shoot down your bragging rights PB. But the statements about the phone calls describing the caller as possibly a drunk white dude were made by JTerry who was not mentioned on the show last night. I don't believe MB's attorney nor family used the words "drunk white dude" in their descriptions.

And, as we agreed on the other thread... SG, SG, SG is helping to give the cases of AC, MB, MBB and MW "air time".

But, to tie your above mentioned quotes together... it's too bad Moriarity didn't ask MB's family, "Have you heard any voices of POI's that sound familiar? Any voices that sound like the caller?" Of course that wasn't gonna happen, but it's wishful thinking on my part.

Still too much unknown, leaving us to argue about what little we know

** And, why oh why is there never, ever a mention of the drifter?!?
    Last edited by fred&edna; 06-24-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Added the **

Quote Originally Posted by nugzter View Post
    One thing that the 48 Hours tells me is that the SK is most likely not secretly communicating with LE or the press and asking for more press. This was a theory I was throwing around in my head. I was hopeing that he was and LE was keeping it secret. Or am I off base Peter. We know he made contact with victims familys, so maybe he might man up and try to contact the press or LE directly. It seemed to me he was also an attention getter. Guess I got that wrong.
    The problem is, we have effectively two or maybe one and a team in the area. LISK has his own agenda, he doesn't need to explain, he thinks, his deeds are speaking for him. Even the phone calls, now finally described as "calm and controlled" and not as "drunk white dude", they were not explanation, they were not bragging and certainly, they were not for sexual arousal, they were for domination!
    The one (or two?) with the attention problem is/are Manorville. But he doesn't feel verbal enough to go directly to the media. He probably trolls around in the internet, that gives him more anonymity, therefore more self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi MrsPC, I had read your post before I watched the show and that isn't what I heard. I think the show said their attorney Mr Ray was not allowed to listen to the 911 call. Boy, he sure knew a lot about what was said on the call though! I did not hear the Gilberts named as not being allowed to listen to the call.

I hope 48 Hours has transcripts.

I would give the show a B+. They sure honed in on Dr Hackett. I was a mite surprised they were given the go ahead to do that. LE must have a say so as to what could be said or not said IMO.

I do believe in shows like this timing is often key to the investigation. There is some message LE is trying to get out to friends, relatives, neighbors, etc to hopefully further the investigation. Back to Hackett was not on my list of topics expected in the show. I think they're looking to confirm something. Maybe something like the Dr was seen out roving around that early morning. Possibility, eh, or even at the house partying it up? I learned from this show that Pak was inside the house with Shannan and the way they stated it seemed like he was partying too, not just let in to get her out. Well, Pak did tell Coletti he had been at a party with the girl who had knocked on his door.
    Uhhhh ...
    Since 48 Hours committed pretty hefty to the CPH angle in the earlier shows, to hack on Hacked is more a consistency issue. And since all the show degraded the other four victims to side events and directed the focus on SG and SG only, LISK was anyway out of the picture. Which is one of the aspects, that was a little bit upsetting. We got once more served the game of "who yells loudest".

Quote Originally Posted by Seaslug44 View Post
    Also, anyone else notice Coletti now through in the "I told her to sit right in that chair and wait" line (that is a new one we never heard him say before).

This old guy might be a distraction (because it is obvious that walking around with his cane he is not LISK), but did he have to change his story again to cover his ass in regards to the accusations that he was not a good citizen and did not let her in his house?
    The problem with the cane is, it showed, that he was cut in from older material. He used the cane after his knee operation. So what we saw of Coletti was not new or not changed anything, it was parts of the interview with him, they cut out of the earlier shows.

Quote Originally Posted by sean62185 View Post
    The lawyer said "when the police would find them, they were, in some way mutilated." Was he refering to all victims? Or was he refering to the last 6 that were found, when he made that statement? I was always under the assumption the GB4 were strangled. Were they mutilated too? Does this change the profile of LISK?
    It would change the profile if it would be true and refer to the GB4. But since Ray used the wax-soft lawyer speech, I would assume, he knew, he was willfully forcing a wrong impression leaving himself a backdoor later to say "wait, that was of course only for the dismembered victims".
    With all Ray statements, you have to understand, that he has as much knowledge about SKs as a cow about playing the piano. He is out for publicity and maybe a nice lawsuit against the SCPD, and that's it.
    So, I wouldn't change my profile because of this remarks. If anything, it confirms rather my profile of Ray.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast