1109 users online (148 members and 961 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fred&edna View Post
    snipped by me to save space

Uhhh.... hate to shoot down your bragging rights PB.
    Not true, you would love it as you could

But the statements about the phone calls describing the caller as possibly a drunk white dude were made by JTerry who was not mentioned on the show last night. I don't believe MB's attorney nor family used the words "drunk white dude" in their descriptions.
    That was exactly the point in earlier discussions. Every time, I said, this was too controlled, someone jumped in and claimed, Terri AND Amanda have described him as "drunk white dude".
    So, why don't you go back in the threads and read, what was actually talked? And why I put this check mark in?

And, as we agreed on the other thread... SG, SG, SG is helping to give the cases of AC, MB, MBB and MW "air time".
    I think, we can leave AC out of this list. AC is as cold as it can be and not one second air time referred to AC anyway. And, even it is a good thing, anybody in one of those cases gets airtime, the GB4 and even more JT, JD6 and the toddler and the Asian male were degraded to side notes.

But, to tie your above mentioned quotes together... it's too bad Moriarity didn't ask MB's family, "Have you heard any voices of POI's that sound familiar? Any voices that sound like the caller?" Of course that wasn't gonna happen, but it's wishful thinking on my part.
    Or asked any other families. On the other hand, I would assume, Amanda and Terri have heard the tapes with Hackett's voice a hundred times at least. If they would have said, it was that voice, LE would be after CPH. So, probably it wasn't his voice.

Still too much unknown, leaving us to argue about what little we know

** And, why oh why is there never, ever a mention of the drifter?!?
    At this point, I think, we have, if we put all together, a pretty good picture of the situation. More can only be done, if we would get LE in the boat.
    The drifter appears to be not important enough. He was there, nobody saw him out of the house, that's it. The only thing, the drifter could confirm or dismiss would be drug abuse that night and in that house and that he wouldn't do anyway because he would hang with the others. So technically, the only purpose, the drifter had, was to have sex with SG.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

I am still baffled by the comment made that Shannon could have lost her jeans while she was running through the marsh.
    What...did her pants get scared too and high tail it off of her?

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe View Post
    I am still baffled by the comment made that Shannon could have lost her jeans while she was running through the marsh.
    What...did her pants get scared too and high tail it off of her?

Ray wants to let it look as if there is something fishy. He earns his money with doing that. Add to that a limited knowledge about the case and cases like it and there you are. Of course, her pants didn't just fall off. She pulled them off, a symptom one can watch in two situations in such cases:

- as paradoxical undressing
    - as symptom for any kind of trouble with the body's heat regulation

Both together occur often after combinations of alcohol and psychoactive drugs are taken and the patient is exposed to even mildly lower temperatures. The about 60F in that night would have fit the bill, especially, if her clothes got wet from running through a marsh with water puddles. Wet clothes increase the loss of body heat.

First posting on this case.

I don't want to cause anyone to display hatred towards me. I know nothing much about this case. And I am sure you will notice that quickly by what I post. But I did just now watch the show part 2.

And I don't think she was being chased by the person responsible for the other 4 found wrapped in burlap or connected to that case.

She was in a state of paranoia and fear for a reason. If she would have stayed at one of the houses and waited on the police she would have been OK. But because of her fear, she felt she needed to keep running to get away from the monsters chasing her.

While searching for her in the area, is when they happened upon the other 4 there and found a killers burial ground. They stumbled upon it by accident while investigating the girl with fear.

But then again, maybe everyone already knows that and as a newb I just stated the obvious. If that is case tell me and Ill delete this message.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Brendt View Post
    Ray wants to let it look as if there is something fishy. He earns his money with doing that. Add to that a limited knowledge about the case and cases like it and there you are. Of course, her pants didn't just fall off. She pulled them off, a symptom one can watch in two situations in such cases:

Both together occur often after combinations of alcohol and psychoactive drugs are taken and the patient is exposed to even mildly lower temperatures. The about 60F in that night would have fit the bill, especially, if her clothes got wet from running through a marsh with water puddles. Wet clothes increase the loss of body heat.
    I can see it happening due to hypothermia.Why didn't he just say that?So many questions....with no answers.

I would agree with this. Her passing has nothing to do with the killing field. Just a sad fact of circumstances.

Were they able to do toxicology tests? Or was it to late for that or came up inconclusive.
    I know they said cause of death unknown.
    Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 06-24-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added question at bottom

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

IF the dog didn't stop to drop a deuce he would have caught the rabbit. Maybe SG was paranoid because she knew of others that mysteriously disappeared and were presumed by the sex community to be dead.

Weren't the GB4 found in the opposite direction of where SG was last seen running? You realize if it wasn't for a good cop with a lot of curiosity that appears to have pretty much went out on his own this would never have happened. SG would still be there to where she would have decomposed into nothingness.

Not true, you would love it as you could

That was exactly the point in earlier discussions. Every time, I said, this was too controlled, someone jumped in and claimed, Terri AND Amanda have described him as "drunk white dude".
    So, why don't you go back in the threads and read, what was actually talked? And why I put this check mark in?

I think, we can leave AC out of this list. AC is as cold as it can be and not one second air time referred to AC anyway. And, even it is a good thing, anybody in one of those cases gets airtime, the GB4 and even more JT, JD6 and the toddler and the Asian male were degraded to side notes.

Or asked any other families. On the other hand, I would assume, Amanda and Terri have heard the tapes with Hackett's voice a hundred times at least. If they would have said, it was that voice, LE would be after CPH. So, probably it wasn't his voice.

At this point, I think, we have, if we put all together, a pretty good picture of the situation. More can only be done, if we would get LE in the boat.
    The drifter appears to be not important enough. He was there, nobody saw him out of the house, that's it. The only thing, the drifter could confirm or dismiss would be drug abuse that night and in that house and that he wouldn't do anyway because he would hang with the others. So technically, the only purpose, the drifter had, was to have sex with SG.
    Please PB, don't be so defensive! I wasn't taking pleasure in shooting down your bragging rights. Your quote suggested that MB's family and attorney used the "drunk white dude" wording... maybe it's the language barrier thing again?!

OR it PROBABLY IS his voice and there is no additional evidence?! Not everyone here has taken sides (DrH vs NOT DrH). I am merely saying that my "probably" is as good as your "probably not"!

Okay, you want to leave AC out of the list but "cold as it can be and not one second air time" is the reason?? She was mentioned last night for more than a second.

I hope LE is already in the boat but I hope they are not simply drifting.

I watched the show last night and have a few comments,

1) I was pleased how sensible and clear John Ray appeared, especially after some negative comments were posted previously. I think he is doing a good job for the Gilbert family to date.

2) I also realized that this show, as most electronic media, used bites and editing to direct the viewer to points they wanted to make. That in itself it is not bad as long as the viewer understands that scenes are edited, older material is inter-spaced with new material and so on.

3) Since I am great believer in some sort of MP and CPH co-operation on the night of SG's disappearance, I felt gratified that the show emphasized the need to re-investigate CPH,MP,and JB.

4) Dormer appeared in this show, even sillier than previously, just no creditably. When questioned if the on scene officer would have done a better search if SG was somebody's wife. Dormer's response was the officer did not know SG was in the sex trade. It is laughable, if the officer after 45 minutes of investigating could not deduce what SG was in Oak Beach for, he was very naive.

After speaking to JB (if he did) the officer knew why SG had been their. That is when 'its only a hooker mentality set in'.

Erin should have asked Dormer if it was his daughter that went missing would the investigation been carried out the same way?

5) I was pleased as well there was a call for the public's assistance at the end of the show.

Overall a good job by Erin and her crew.

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    I would agree with this. Her passing has nothing to do with the killing field. Just a sad fact of circumstances.

Were they able to do toxicology tests? Or was it to late for that or came up inconclusive.
    I know they said cause of death unknown.
    Skeletal remains only, so no regular tox screen, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by hawkshaw View Post
    IF the dog didn't stop to drop a deuce he would have caught the rabbit. Maybe SG was paranoid because she knew of others that mysteriously disappeared and were presumed by the sex community to be dead.

Weren't the GB4 found in the opposite direction of where SG was last seen running? You realize if it wasn't for a good cop with a lot of curiosity that appears to have pretty much went out on his own this would never have happened. SG would still be there to where she would have decomposed into nothingness.
    So the relevance is ... what exactly?

Please PB, don't be so defensive! I wasn't taking pleasure in shooting down your bragging rights.
    Read and understand. One year back, in the LISK threads of WS ... just read it before you discuss it.

Your quote suggested that MB's family and attorney used the "drunk white dude" wording... maybe it's the language barrier thing again?!
    The point was, people argued, the family and the lawyer had described it that way and I doubted it already back then. And if the next "language barrier thing" plays out that someone again explains me in ten posts, that the meaning was exactly the meaning, I understood and discussed, I will be probably the one needing Pepto.

OR it PROBABLY IS his voice and there is no additional evidence?! Not everyone here has taken sides (DrH vs NOT DrH). I am merely saying that my "probably" is as good as your "probably not"!
    The difference is, I don't need to construct additional evidence, which would force me to explain from where in Heaven this additional evidence shall come from. So, as long as you didn'T make suggestions, from where it may comes, you probably isn't as good. If you plant a theory, it should be at least complete.

Okay, you want to leave AC out of the list but "cold as it can be and not one second air time" is the reason?? She was mentioned last night for more than a second.
    Ok, since AC was in a list without further context, I misinterpreted that as Atlantic City. The comment about cold case referred therefore also to Atlantic City and not to Amber Costello. Damn abbreviation mania!

I hope LE is already in the boat but I hope they are not simply drifting.
    Nope, they are not simply drifting, they anchored in the middle of the strait and try to slow down all traffic

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    First posting on this case.

I don't want to cause anyone to display hatred towards me. I know nothing much about this case. And I am sure you will notice that quickly by what I post. But I did just now watch the show part 2.

And I don't think she was being chased by the person responsible for the other 4 found wrapped in burlap or connected to that case.

She was in a state of paranoia and fear for a reason. If she would have stayed at one of the houses and waited on the police she would have been OK. But because of her fear, she felt she needed to keep running to get away from the monsters chasing her.

While searching for her in the area, is when they happened upon the other 4 there and found a killers burial ground. They stumbled upon it by accident while investigating the girl with fear.

But then again, maybe everyone already knows that and as a newb I just stated the obvious. If that is case tell me and Ill delete this message.

Thank you!

I love that a fresh set of eyes can see the obvious so clearly.

Common sense right?

Read and understand. One year back, in the LISK threads of WS ... just read it before you discuss it.

The point was, people argued, the family and the lawyer had described it that way and I doubted it already back then. And if the next "language barrier thing" plays out that someone again explains me in ten posts, that the meaning was exactly the meaning, I understood and discussed, I will be probably the one needing Pepto.

The difference is, I don't need to construct additional evidence, which would force me to explain from where in Heaven this additional evidence shall come from. So, as long as you didn'T make suggestions, from where it may comes, you probably isn't as good. If you plant a theory, it should be at least complete.

Ok, since AC was in a list without further context, I misinterpreted that as Atlantic City. The comment about cold case referred therefore also to Atlantic City and not to Amber Costello. Damn abbreviation mania!

Nope, they are not simply drifting, they anchored in the middle of the strait and try to slow down all traffic
    YOU should read and understand as well, PB. I comprehend the fact you were bragging about your previous comments on posts regarding the "drunk, white dude" YET you used the word "NOW" in your post and this IS the thread where we are discussing the current (last night's episode) of 48 Hours!

Saying that it is possible the voice on the phone was recognized by mother or daughter is NOT constructing evidence. Possibilities are just what the word implies... if I had said "LIKELY" then I would be constructing evidence. Get it?

It appears to me (reading through many of your posts... and holy fernoly you have SOOO many) that maybe you just like to argue. You should find a debate team.

** Oh, AND... my quote was, ""AC, MB, MBB and MW "air time"" this IS a list and HAS context.
    Last edited by fred&edna; 06-24-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typos & **

What I would recommend is that a seperate group be started about the SG case seperate from LISK. My reason for saying this is so far LE has not, and it seems that they will not in the near future, connect the two cases. The SG case and LISK connection can only be made in the area of public opinion. Maybe someone can contact an Admin and request a seperate group. If and when a connection is made between the two cases, then we can take it from there. What do yall think?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast