813 users online (82 members and 731 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 91
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Small town at a pristine lake in Ontario
    Posts
    3,087

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmers View Post
    Is it possible that his bills for his phone, can come via email? Don't know if that's an option though. Sorry if i sound like a complete moron, but i dont know how things work on the other side of the ocean. Maybe he deposited every month a certain amount of money in his account and made a periodic transfer? Just thinking out loud here, since i have some banking experience (due to my job), but dont know if that can be translated into the Canadian system.
    First, you are NOT a 'complete moron'. We all have questions.

    Now about paying bills on the internet - YES, my husband and I do all of our transactions on the internet......phones, cell phones, TV, internet, heat/water/A-C/everything. We have no more paper bills at all. Well, there's the taxes but I think that's all we pay for via the Postes Canada.
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    -------------------------------------------
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,484
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    About paying bills IN CASH in Canada - it's becoming more difficult to do......if not impossible at this time. I'm talking about paying cash for telephone bills, any bills which arrive in the mail.

    I understand about the trip from Paris to Berlin and we know that he travelled from Montreal to Paris on the flight booked in as Kurt Tramell.
    However, buying an airplane ticket one-way with cash is not permitted in the states without being drug into Homeland Security office and it would raise huge red flags and the fact he wore a wig. They must be very lenient in Canad, France than we are.
    It's very difficult to but a ticket (if not possible) in US. I tried and was denied a ticket.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    He most likely paid his bills online. I haven't received a bill at the house in years. I recall reading that while he was in France, he used his debit card to withdraw cash on the day that welfare payments get deposited. I had also checked AT flights in May and they were $600 taxes in.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Being
    Posts
    15,481
    Quote Originally Posted by x_files View Post
    However, buying an airplane ticket one-way with cash is not permitted in the states without being drug into Homeland Security office and it would raise huge red flags and the fact he wore a wig. They must be very lenient in Canad, France than we are.
    It's very difficult to but a ticket (if not possible) in US. I tried and was denied a ticket.
    IIRC, it was stated that he had purchased a return ticket ... that's why LE showed up at the airport in Montreal after he was already known to have left Canada, and why they were telling the public that he could still be in Canada.

  5. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by x_files View Post
    However, buying an airplane ticket one-way with cash is not permitted in the states without being drug into Homeland Security office and it would raise huge red flags and the fact he wore a wig. They must be very lenient in Canad, France than we are.
    It's very difficult to but a ticket (if not possible) in US. I tried and was denied a ticket.
    ....and I just don't get how is was able to enter Europe with a fake name,they carefully check your passport upon entering? Did he have a fake passport in that name? that's not easy to get and requires a lot of planning ?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    ....and I just don't get how is was able to enter Europe with a fake name,they carefully check your passport upon entering? Did he have a fake passport in that name? that's not easy to get and requires a lot of planning ?
    They certainly check the pasports and stuff. But the checking can be anything between just looking @ name/pic and valid date to a full body scan with rectal examination. Also you have to consider " risk flights". I don't know the ties between Canada and France, but if France doesn't consider incoming Cananadian flights as "risk flights" then the procedure of checking is very shallow. Since my French is almost non-excistent, maybe someone can google/search how airport controls are done in France?

    And about that false pasport... i read somewhere that in that internet cafe he was also searching for fake ID's or even making one. ( don't know where i read it, and if that was true ). But if you're good at sleuthing ( and perhaps a few leftover bucks ) you can get yourself a fake ID within the hour ( online as well as irl )

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    IIRC, it was stated that he had purchased a return ticket ... that's why LE showed up at the airport in Montreal after he was already known to have left Canada, and why they were telling the public that he could still be in Canada.
    He could have purchased that ticket online. Like a last minute round trip or something. There are tons of those websides, where you can buy " the last seat on the plane" for like a fart and 3 marbles ( sorry i'm translating literally from my own tongue here ). Even in airports you can do that. I don't know how the selling goes in an airplane, but he was on the last row wasn't he? If they sell the tickets starting from the first or second row ( first buyer = row 1 ), then it could be possible that his flight was a "last minute one".
    Can anyone comfirm?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Small town at a pristine lake in Ontario
    Posts
    3,087

    Lightbulb

    Other belongings - QUESTIONS:

    - what happened to the 'equipment' he used to dismember the victim?

    - where did obtain these things?

    - would the average, everyday hardware store have everything he needed for his ungodly deeds?

    - how did he pay for these instruments?

    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    -------------------------------------------
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    About paying bills IN CASH in Canada - it's becoming more difficult to do......if not impossible at this time. I'm talking about paying cash for telephone bills, any bills which arrive in the mail.

    I understand about the trip from Paris to Berlin and we know that he travelled from Montreal to Paris on the flight booked in as Kurt Tramell.
    Point of clarification: LM traveled from Canada to France using his own passport. This has been widely reported and discussed on other threads. He traveled as K. Trammell on the bus from Paris to Berlin.

    "When he was arrested in a Berlin Internet cafe on June 4, Magnotta had three sets of identification in his possession and was trying to print a new false identity card. Apart from documentation in his own name, Ahearn surmises the fugitive’s other two false identities would not stand up to any kind of serious scrutiny — which is why Magnotta used his own passport for his Air Transat flight from Montreal to Paris."


    http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/luka-rocco-magnotta/

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    Other belongings - QUESTIONS:

    - what happened to the 'equipment' he used to dismember the victim?

    - where did obtain these things?

    - would the average, everyday hardware store have everything he needed for his ungodly deeds?

    - how did he pay for these instruments?


    Police reported recovering blunt instruments and weapons in the garbage bags from the alley. They didn't specify ice pick or cutter saw, but it likely was all there. Who knows where he got them .. some of it is available in hardware stores and other used shops. If you want an item in a big city, you'll find it. He must have had some sort of income, so he could have been turning tricks, social assistance, selling crap online, or any combination thereof.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by fittzi View Post
    Point of clarification: LM traveled from Canada to France using his own passport. This has been widely reported and discussed on other threads. He traveled as K. Trammell on the bus from Paris to Berlin.

    "When he was arrested in a Berlin Internet cafe on June 4, Magnotta had three sets of identification in his possession and was trying to print a new false identity card. Apart from documentation in his own name, Ahearn surmises the fugitive’s other two false identities would not stand up to any kind of serious scrutiny — which is why Magnotta used his own passport for his Air Transat flight from Montreal to Paris."


    http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/luka-rocco-magnotta/
    Correct. He fled on the 26th, and wasn't wanted yet. He was clean into Paris, then the whole world knew. He likely had at least 1 other set of ID prior, and I'm sure he researched before leaving, the places in Paris to get other ID. Big Cities like that can accomodate. There's a place in downtown Toronto that openly advertises ID's. They hide behind "novelty" , but its so close to the real deal, including holograms, etc, they are a legit looking piece. Only if it was 'scanned' would one know.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    147

    Is this HIS APARTMENT?

    Well, since his apartment on Decarie was technically 'his belongings' while he was there, I have something very interesting to share.

    Browsing around last night, I thought I'd check and see about rentals in the area of 5720 Boul Decarie. Guess what I found folks? A listing for an apartment that appears to be recently renovated (new flooring or very cleaned up and waxed) and new furnishings. Remember in the crime scene photos how crappy the wooden flooring was? The Price for the unit ? $490 .. same price LRM was paying. They even had a picture, which I've attached below. Everything fits. The window, the door to the balcony is on the right side, you can see the rad. The 'new' bed is in the exact same spot.

    The listing reads Boul Decarie close to Cote St Catherine. BINGO!
    Now I'll say this... there is a possibility it's another unit in the same building that just happens to have needed to be renovated for reasons such as a major crime scene with blood and body parts everywhere. You decide.

    I don't recall seeing this posted on the board before, but if it was , sorry for the duplicate. I found it too interesting to not show you guys.

    P.S I won't post the link or contact info for the ad. While I don't think any registered users on here would attempt to harass / contact the ad, there's a lot of lurkers on here who we don't know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted82 View Post
    Well, since his apartment on Decarie was technically 'his belongings' while he was there, I have something very interesting to share.

    Browsing around last night, I thought I'd check and see about rentals in the area of 5720 Boul Decarie. Guess what I found folks? A listing for an apartment that appears to be recently renovated (new flooring or very cleaned up and waxed) and new furnishings. Remember in the crime scene photos how crappy the wooden flooring was? The Price for the unit ? $490 .. same price LRM was paying. They even had a picture, which I've attached below. Everything fits. The window, the door to the balcony is on the right side, you can see the rad. The 'new' bed is in the exact same spot.

    The listing reads Boul Decarie close to Cote St Catherine. BINGO!
    Now I'll say this... there is a possibility it's another unit in the same building that just happens to have needed to be renovated for reasons such as a major crime scene with blood and body parts everywhere. You decide.

    I don't recall seeing this posted on the board before, but if it was , sorry for the duplicate. I found it too interesting to not show you guys.

    P.S I won't post the link or contact info for the ad. While I don't think any registered users on here would attempt to harass / contact the ad, there's a lot of lurkers on here who we don't know.
    Sure does look like it! I'm wondering about the couch. It has a sheet covering it so the pattern can't be seen (at least I can't make it out) Couldn't be the same couch, could it???

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigh Sister View Post
    Sure does look like it! I'm wondering about the couch. It has a sheet covering it so the pattern can't be seen (at least I can't make it out) Couldn't be the same couch, could it???
    Nope, the couch went out to the garbage with the mattress (see pic below) , but, yes, it IS odd they have this one covered with a sheet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted82 View Post
    Nope, the couch went out to the garbage with the mattress (see pic below) , but, yes, it IS odd they have this one covered with a sheet.
    Ah, yes. I forgot about that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Family Returns From Vacation, Finds Belongings On Lawn
    By White Rain in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 03:46 PM
  2. Craigslist hoax cost man his belongings, nearly his horse, too
    By Taximom in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 04:07 PM
  3. Woman puts most all her belongings in eBay sale
    By kahskye in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 04:44 PM

Tags for this Thread