1325 users online (240 members and 1085 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,861

    June 23rd 2012 Family holds balloon release

    http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_...-for-baby-lisa

    The parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley released the balloons from their front lawn. They tied a paper note to all 150 balloons, hoping they will remind people Lisa is still missing.

    ~~

    Police continue their investigation and told the parents they believe Lisa may still be alive.
    Video @ link
    Last edited by askfornina; 06-23-2012 at 07:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Police continue their investigation and told the parents they believe Lisa may still be alive.
    I wonder if LE told the local news that, or the parents did...?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I wonder if LE told the local news that, or the parents did...?
    If the parents were the source and not the police it should have been written differently. Like this.
    "The parents said that police told them that they are continuing their investigation and believe Lisa may still be alive."

    The person who wrote the article/newscast may have done a poor job. Or maybe he/she did just fine.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    If the parents were the source and not the police it should have been written differently. Like this.
    "The parents said that police told them that they are continuing their investigation and believe Lisa may still be alive."

    The person who wrote the article/newscast may have done a poor job. Or maybe he/she did just fine.
    IDK because I read it like the parents said so. If the local media called LE up to ask about the case...the reporter only asked whether they thought Lisa was alive or not? Even if that's all LE would tell them, normally, that will be specified in the article.

    Here's a quote from an article about the debit cards from the same local news website:

    Kansas City Police tell NBC News they are investigating the $69.04 charge, but it appears to be nothing more than stolen card numbers.
    See? They make it way more obvious when LE actually talked to them. And the "told the parents" part really makes me think the parents were the source.

    If LE thinks Lisa is alive, then why would they think D&J were involved? They definitely aren't treating them like innocent parents.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    IDK because I read it like the parents said so. If the local media called LE up to ask about the case...the reporter only asked whether they thought Lisa was alive or not? Even if that's all LE would tell them, normally, that will be specified in the article.

    Here's a quote from an article about the debit cards from the same local news website:



    See? They make it way more obvious when LE actually talked to them. And the "told the parents" part really makes me think the parents were the source.

    If LE thinks Lisa is alive, then why would they think D&J were involved? They definitely aren't treating them like innocent parents.
    KSHB doesn't state their source in the article. Do you think that KCPD should make sure that the public knows that this statement is not true if that's the case? I'm not sure that LE thinks that DB/JI are involved other than as victims. JMO.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    KSHB doesn't state their source in the article. Do you think that KCPD should make sure that the public knows that this statement is not true if that's the case? I'm not sure that LE thinks that DB/JI are involved other than as victims. JMO.
    I have to disagree with that. I definitely think that LE thinks Deborah and Jeremy were involved. Heck, even D&J were complaining for months about how LE was treating them during questioning. According to them, they told Deborah that she failed a lie detector test and tried to extract a confession...that's how you treat two parents you think are innocent? Also, D&J have not talked to LE since February. So when did LE tell them that Lisa is alive? And LE had to know that having a press conference where you say that the parents aren't cooperating would destroy the parent's reputation with the public and the media. Why would you make such a public announcement about innocent parents?

    This is from an October 20 article:

    Police have publicly revealed little about what they know so far, including any results from Wednesday’s search. Indeed, virtually every substantive bit of information about the case — and who police might suspect in the baby’s disappearance — has come from her parents or people speaking on their behalf.
    Why near-silence from LE if they think Lisa was kidnapped by an intruder? If that's true, this is one of the few cases where Lisa could still be alive. Why all the physical searches very shortly after she went missing? Why hasn't LE had any press conferences since the first week?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,004
    snipped from : http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_...#ixzz1yfa4MpND


    Her parents hope the balloons will find strangers who might know something.


    So, let me see if I understand this correctly : The "balloon" message will just happen to land upon a "stranger" who MIGHT KNOW "something" ...

    I mean, seriously, what a ridiculous statement that makes absolutely NO sense ...





    "We're just trying to let everybody know that she's still missing,” Lisa’s father said. “We're still looking and she's still out there somewhere. And we need everybody to just keep looking, keep looking for Lisa."


    Does Jeremy really think that people believe that he and Deb are "still looking" for Lisa ?

    I don't ... they never have and they never will look for this baby ... 'cause they know where she is IMO ...

    JMO and
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I have to disagree with that. I definitely think that LE thinks Deborah and Jeremy were involved. Heck, even D&J were complaining for months about how LE was treating them during questioning. According to them, they told Deborah that she failed a lie detector test and tried to extract a confession...that's how you treat two parents you think are innocent? Also, D&J have not talked to LE since February. So when did LE tell them that Lisa is alive? And LE had to know that having a press conference where you say that the parents aren't cooperating would destroy the parent's reputation with the public and the media. Why would you make such a public announcement about innocent parents?

    This is from an October 20 article:



    Why near-silence from LE if they think Lisa was kidnapped by an intruder? If that's true, this is one of the few cases where Lisa could still be alive. Why all the physical searches very shortly after she went missing? Why hasn't LE had any press conferences since the first week?
    You could be right about LE thinking that DB/JI are involved in the disappearance of their daughter. I find it interesting that they are keeping that a secret if it's really their belief.

    I have a hard time correlating an investigation into possible involvement of Lisa's parents as proof of their guilt. I think that the hard questioning and searches of their home was the right thing for LE to do. That's how you can get to the truth.

    Does being a suspect of a crime automatically mean you are guilty? Not to me. I like real evidence.

    I would imagine that LE is being silent about any evidence of an intruder for the same reasons they are about evidence that Lisa's parents are guilty of something. They either don't know, or don't want us to know.

    I'm not sure if this balloon release will help find Lisa, but it's nice to see people getting together for her sake.

    JMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    The family of missing baby Lisa Irwin says they have no idea where dozens of yellow and purple balloons will land today.

    Her parents hope the balloons will find strangers who might know something


    Please tell me these two are joking. They don't seriously think that when you realize a balloon, it ends up in someone's hands thousands of miles away right? Do they also think you can dig a hole to China?



    I am trying to imagine something here: A man in Utah is walking down the street....why there's a balloon falling from the sky! Attached to the balloon, i a note about a baby that's missing. The man thinks, "Hey, my neighbor has a baby...and I don't know where she got her from!" He calls LE...It's Baby Lisa! Case solved!



    And scientists are perplexed....they always thought that when you released a balloon, it "popped" once it got high enough.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post


    Please tell me these two are joking. They don't seriously think that when you realize a balloon, it ends up in someone's hands thousands of miles away right? Do they also think you can dig a hole to China?



    I am trying to imagine something here: A man in Utah is walking down the street....why there's a balloon falling from the sky! Attached to the balloon, i a note about a baby that's missing. The man thinks, "Hey, my neighbor has a baby...and I don't know where she got her from!" He calls LE...It's Baby Lisa! Case solved!



    And scientists are perplexed....they always thought that when you released a balloon, it "popped" once it got high enough.
    I'm not sure if I find the same humor in this balloon release as you do, but I think that it's supposed to be a symbolic gesture to gain more public awareness to Lisa's disappearance. JMO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I'm not sure if I find the same humor in this balloon release as you do, but I think that it's supposed to be a symbolic gesture to gain more public awareness to Lisa's disappearance. JMO.
    The balloon release is only being reported by one local news outlet. I'm sure everyone reading the article already knows Lisa is missing. How is it raising public awareness?

    ETA: Normally, I wouldn't find the balloon release funny..but the fact that D&J think that these balloons are going to end up in hands of people across the US is just so ridiculous.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    The balloon release is only being reported by one local news outlet. I'm sure everyone reading the article already knows Lisa is missing. How is it raising public awareness?

    ETA: Normally, I wouldn't find the balloon release funny..but the fact that D&J think that these balloons are going to end up in hands of people across the US is just so ridiculous.
    I think that it's sad that only one news outlet will cover a story about a missing child.

    I don't know that DB/JI are even aware that they come across as less than intelligent. That makes them more believable to me. JMO.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I think that it's sad that only one news outlet will cover a story about a missing child.

    I don't know that DB/JI are even aware that they come across as less than intelligent. That makes them more believable to me. JMO.
    Well, the rest of the local media might still be angry about D&J refusing to talk to them.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    488
    The only reason they did the balloon release is due to a person in Texas that held one, as well as other family in PA. They have never organized any event for Lisa on their own.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/189429451185448/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Well, the rest of the local media might still be angry about D&J refusing to talk to them.
    Yes, I agree. The rest of the local media have been shut out, told that they have a deal with national media going on, & refused to talk to them. There is footage on Fox 4 of DB's aunt telling them just that, & threatening to call police( which they did).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
  2. Balloon Release Sat. Oct. 15 for Lisa
    By marge_rita in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 04:43 PM
  3. Caylee's Balloon Release for North Carolina Members
    By wishingtree in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 12:40 PM