Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1913

Thread: NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Glad you are still there, Mr Watson.. I am just taking a break myself from a bit of nuclear physicisting..... I also teach Macrame * advanced* on the side..

any substance to this other man in ALlisons life?? friend, confidant, lover?? Age? occupation? location? height? weight? car? where met? how long for? Connections? other friends? now that the police have Allisons journal, which they have had from the start, is there another journal outlining this friendship? how did theycontact each other? where did they meet? when did they meet? was it on a regular basis?

I m not trying to be argumentative here.. its a reasonable line, if there is any substance to it.. I dont think there is, but you do...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    I did weaken and eat some hot chips today.
    Hawkie, continue down that path and you will be requiring my services!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CJ60 For This Useful Post:

How can the contents of the alleged facetime call be investigated? Police could ask either of the participants. The current accused is unlikely to comment. The other participant in the alleged call could simply refuse. If the content of the call was essential to the investigation or if the investigation stalled and the content of the call could not be obtained via the usual police methods then police could ask that other participant to be questioned in the CMC, where they can be compelled to answer, or be charged with refusing to answer. That might gain information about the content of the alleged call but that information could only be used to assist further investigation, not used in evidence at trial. Alternatively, police may obtain sufficient evidence to charge the other participant and make him a co-accused at trial. But he is then not able to be compelled to give any evidence and the content of the call could remain a mystery. But one option is to bring proceedings against that other participant to an end first, perhaps at the risk of an acquittal, and he is then able to be called and compelled as a witness for the prosecution againt the principal accused. If he refuses to answer questions about the content of that call in the trial he can be chared with contempt. If he answers and is found to lie he can be charged with perjury. All this is just MOO.
    I went to the Apple store today to ask this question, but got no answers. Up until recently the answer would be No. Now it's technically possible to store video streams, although legally the Apple Corp can not use them for any purpose. I haven't been given a clear yes or no on the matter. I guess, the police could have made a formal request for facetime video data aquisition as evidence.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to grannie For This Useful Post:

I have about 20 pages to catch up on tonight (hope I don't fall asleep) it looks like there's been some news today re GBC's affidavit etc. I caught the channel 10 news and couldn't believe how much blood seemed to be visible in the luminol photos. Funny that it only seems to show up on the plastic parts of the car, not the carpet.
    Last edited by Red71; 06-26-2012 at 09:18 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Red71 For This Useful Post:

in all the threads about Allisons death. not one friend, or aquaintance has ever pointed to a secret male confidant/lover/ friend in Allisons life..

I only wish to god she did have one..

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:

I did weaken and eat some hot chips today.
    *** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by BJsleuth View Post
    My sister's partner asked her about the suicide clause in life insurance policies the other day. She couldn't figure out why he was asking, but if anything happens to her, we'll know! Anyway, he called up to ask and the policy they have is 5 years waiting period for suicide payout.
    I pray that your sister has the wisdom & courage & financial means & family support, to GET OUT of THAT relationship ASAP!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to annie46664 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ60 View Post
    Hawkie, continue down that path and you will be requiring my services!
    Are you a dietician or a PT?
    In jail!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:

How can the contents of the alleged facetime call be investigated? Police could ask either of the participants. The current accused is unlikely to comment. The other participant in the alleged call could simply refuse. If the content of the call was essential to the investigation or if the investigation stalled and the content of the call could not be obtained via the usual police methods then police could ask that other participant to be questioned in the CMC, where they can be compelled to answer, or be charged with refusing to answer. That might gain information about the content of the alleged call but that information could only be used to assist further investigation, not used in evidence at trial. Alternatively, police may obtain sufficient evidence to charge the other participant and make him a co-accused at trial. But he is then not able to be compelled to give any evidence and the content of the call could remain a mystery. But one option is to bring proceedings against that other participant to an end first, perhaps at the risk of an acquittal, and he is then able to be called and compelled as a witness for the prosecution againt the principal accused. If he refuses to answer questions about the content of that call in the trial he can be chared with contempt. If he answers and is found to lie he can be charged with perjury. All this is just MOO.
    HI,the contents of the facetime call cannot be assessed or used as evidence.The mere fact that a call was recorded at the time when the currently accused had previously stated that he was asleep is quite compelling and can be used as evidence against him.The accused may argue that he was so stressed by all the turmoil surrounding the alleged affair,the money problems ,DV etc etc that he was non compos mentis (not of sound mind) and that he has no recollection of the events that occurred on that fateful night.Whoever answered the call could claim that it was very late at night and they did not respond thinking that the caller was a prank or a drunk perhaps...?I think that charges should be laid against any other parties involved forthwith.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to digitup For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
    ... WHY call him Dr. Bruce? Not funny IMO.
    Rational :You are right it was a bit of a joke (obviously fallen flat ) after detects post about his first name about 3 pages back. Sorry if that was wrong.

Hi CC, It relates to a joke I had with Dr Watson. He seemed to accept the joke and joked back. Like I said before, I think he's a bit of a character and likes a joke. No offence was meant to him. He brings something 'new' to the forum. I too am sorry that you have been offended.

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it-Albert Einstein

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Detect For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    the kids heard arguing and were worried so called gramps?
    I know I am behind by about 10 hours but this made sense to me my daughter is 11 and no has hesitation using her IPod or my IPad to call other members of my family because I have told her it doesn't cost me any extra for her to do so... In fact it was her that taught me how to do it...but I hope and pray that this is not the case and all three of them were blissfully unaware ( sleeping) whilst this horror occurred.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mystery green For This Useful Post:

I am not upset.. I should have directed the question to Watson, in deed, mother goose, you are quite correct there, my mistake.

and since I did then redirect the question , I merely await a response, if one might be forthcoming..

Again, MG.. I apologise for directing the question to you with your answer, and not the direct questioner..

this is what happens when one mucks about trying to herd up neutrons, in stead of concentrating.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    .. I am just taking a break myself from a bit of nuclear physicisting..... I also teach Macrame * advanced* on the side..

Thanks Trooper, that was the laugh I needed!! Now I can go to sleep
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 06-26-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: fix broken quote

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rational For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionsgalore View Post
    Or they'll blame it on GBC sleepwalking and placing the FaceTime call, and a caterpillar at parents house crawling across the screen and answering it. ! ;P
    MOO
    I'm waiting for the Stilnox defence, myself.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ooohm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grannie View Post
    I went to the Apple store today to ask this question, but got no answers. Up until recently the answer would be No. Now it's technically possible to store video streams, although legally the Apple Corp can not use them for any purpose. I haven't been given a clear yes or no on the matter. I guess, the police could have made a formal request for facetime video data aquisition as evidence.
    We'll probably never know the exact content of the conversation. This doesn't mean that the existence of the call isn't a crucial piece of evidence. As I posted earlier it effectively counters GBC's alibi of being in a deep sleep all night.

This isn't a good look to a jury and the defence team will be hard pressed to counter the prosecution argument that he has lied to police.

The only way that the defence can explain this discrepancy is to introduce evidence of their own, namely sworn evidence from GBC or the person on the other end of the phone. The problem with this strategy is that it then opens them up to cross examination and I wouldn't be advising either of them to step into the witness box.

Even if the content of the call is never determined, the mere existence of the call is a major problem for the defence.

MOO

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ActusReus For This Useful Post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BJsleuth View Post
    Apologies to Merlot, I wasn't aware it was already posted. I haven't read ALL the threads, it took me days just to read a few. The case would be over by the time I got through it all!
    Oh I know, I can't even begin to keep up - today has been a real struggle with all of the new reports...

Merlot also provided a link to this article, you may be interested (I was going to say you may enjoy it but that seems wrong);

http://cynthialewiswriting.davidson....Narcisside.pdf

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twobob For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nads View Post
    Are you a dietician or a PT?
    There is a 'tit' in dietitian..

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ60 For This Useful Post:

Glad you are still there, Mr Watson.. I am just taking a break myself from a bit of nuclear physicisting..... I also teach Macrame * advanced* on the side..

any substance to this other man in ALlisons life?? friend, confidant, lover?? Age? occupation? location? height? weight? car? where met? how long for? Connections? other friends? now that the police have Allisons journal, which they have had from the start, is there another journal outlining this friendship? how did theycontact each other? where did they meet? when did they meet? was it on a regular basis?

I m not trying to be argumentative here.. its a reasonable line, if there is any substance to it.. I dont think there is, but you do...
    Hi Trooper

I'm only just "still here"

I have absolutely NO evidence or facts as to a possible friend/lover that ABC may or may not have had. But I was asked to suggest a possible alternative to the scenario that most have assumed is the done deal. And that's a possibility. Not a probability - just a possible. Maybe there was something in the journal? Maybe she didn't write about this hypothetical person? Maybe even her closest friends didn't know?

All hypothetical, and very unlikely. But possible.

Having said that, I still think GBC is the most likely culprit. But, open minds and all that.....

And not a word of Latin used

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrWatson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nads View Post
    The new CM article says two Brisbane peoples names who donated 5000 and 50000 bucks. Actually, might have just been the bail security. The second person would have lost their house if G skipped town! Both sounded like church people, not sure if same brand as O.

The photos with the luminol look like there's lots of blood on the hard plastic surfaces but none on the carpet? Why? And looks like someone had blood on their hands when moving the seats down with the handles.
    Perhaps they put a tarp over the carpet, not expecting blood to touch the sides? Perhaps the body was wrapped, but badly, and it leaked through the ends touching the sides?
    *** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:

no invacuo?

Vah!

Quote Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
    As we heard today, he did have Army training when younger, so I guess it is possible he had the knowledge to do it. (My ex did Jujitsu and I know he was taught how to do it.)
    I have been thinking about it as well..

My initial thought was about an arterial gas embolism. An air bubble is injected in a blood stream and prevents blood from flowing. In this case, the COD is natural, or undetermined. Cardiac arrest, end of story. The mechanism of death depends on the size of the bubble and the location of injection. JMO.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grannie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by annie46664 View Post
    I pray that your sister has the wisdom & courage & financial means & family support, to GET OUT of THAT relationship ASAP!
    Believe me we've tried, her kids and friends have tried, the Counsellor at the Women's Centre tried, her GP has tried, the mental health team and hospital have tried to get her out. We know what he's capable of. Everyone has done everything they can. We and other family members at various times had her living with us for a few months but she keeps going back.

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BJsleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ooohm View Post
    I'm waiting for the Stilnox defence, myself.
    Hi Doc. I thought you left. We have been talking about you - in a good way - I hope !!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it-Albert Einstein

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Detect For This Useful Post:

I am not upset.. I should have directed the question to Watson, in deed, mother goose, you are quite correct there, my mistake.

and since I did then redirect the question , I merely await a response, if one might be forthcoming..

Again, MG.. I apologise for directing the question to you with your answer, and not the direct questioner..

this is what happens when one mucks about trying to herd up neutrons, in stead of concentrating.
    Maybe it'll help if you use the quote box then...save me being the ham in the old sandwich...lol.

Mothergoose...nup I'm not upset...was waiting to hear if you were going to elaborate any further on the statement you made Allison may have had a male friend/confidant....obviously now it seems it was just a passing thought you had....& yes it is a victim friendly forum

Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:

this was such a cold cold murder. A date set, a way out envisaged..

it had no emotion in it at all. ..

I wonder if Toni has thought since over these weeks, that she had every chance of winding up at the bottom of some lonely creek..... or even if the detectives who interviewed her put this highly likely scenario to her..

Probably they did, right after they dropped the news about Gerards other pants action. ..

the screaming.. I can just imagine that scream of pure rage.

48. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast