Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1913

Thread: NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Quote Originally Posted by Detect View Post
    Rational :You are right it was a bit of a joke (obviously fallen flat ) after detects post about his first name about 3 pages back. Sorry if that was wrong.

Hi CC, It relates to a joke I had with Dr Watson. He seemed to accept the joke and joked back. Like I said before, I think he's a bit of a character and likes a joke. No offence was meant to him. He brings something 'new' to the forum. I too am sorry that you have been offended.

Thanks. I teach my child not to "name-call" even as a joke, hence I personally don't like it. Thanks again for the explanations.
    *** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ooohm View Post
    I'm waiting for the Stilnox defence, myself.
    Don't joke I think that is a real possibility, we also don't know what he got from the chemist! Some of the research on Stillnox and what people have done on it is quite alarming.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rational For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nads View Post
    The new CM article says two Brisbane peoples names who donated 5000 and 50000 bucks. Actually, might have just been the bail security. The second person would have lost their house if G skipped town! Both sounded like church people, not sure if same brand as O.

The photos with the luminol look like there's lots of blood on the hard plastic surfaces but none on the carpet? Why? And looks like someone had blood on their hands when moving the seats down with the handles.
    I bet they are glad he didnt get bail now there is more info out about Gerard and his plans.
    Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bayside For This Useful Post:

DrWatson. I have lived in the area for 34 years and use the Kenmore roundabout, multiple times, weekly. I have never known about CCTV cameras at that roundabout. My sons - in their 30s (who also pass through that roundabout frequently) did not know of them either, but suggested it was common place these days .... especially where there are banks in the vicinity. GBC is a bigger dunderhead than I am, it seems. I don't think he would have tweeked to public cameras being anywhere in his neighbourhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWatson View Post
    As far as I know, there are NO cameras along the route that would be the most direct - along Rafting Ground Rd to Moggill Rd then turn right. I don't think there are any cameras along that way - happy to be corrected if anyone knows of any.

But there IS a very obvious camera at the Kenmore roundabout - people in here have even tuned into it on the web, as have I. Great view of the bus stop too!

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Traffic-ca...oad+%28East%29

And again, most locals know about that camera, as it was put in only a couple of years ago, along with traffic lights on the Moggill Rd approach, to allow cars to get out onto Moggill Rd in the morning peak hour traffic, when the traffic coming from the right is endless.

It would be a reasonable presumption that GBC would know about the Kenmore camera, and would also know that there are no cameras along the direct route as far as I know.

So - why go via Kenmore???

And just on the point of those rumours about missing hands and/or feet (or worse - yes, those rumours are around too) - it's not THAT easy just to "remove the hands". A surgeon could do it, a butcher could do it, and somebody with a meat cleaver could do it. But if just a knife was supposed to be used, then it ain't that easy - it's not the sort of thing you would do quickly. I don't know where those rumours started, but I have heard locals saying things like that with great authority, and "from the horse's mouth", reliable sources, etc etc.

As I said above - we need much more information from the autopsy, rather than speculating.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to heloise For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grandmama View Post
    I do not know if GBC is guilty or not guilty of murdering his wife but a thought just occurred to me. When I text to my hubby or family, I never feel the need to finish by saying who the message is from because they already know it is me. I just finish with....love you lots X..............or a simple X. Does anyone add their initial or name I wonder?

I agree. QPOL would have checked previous text messages though to see how he signed off prior to the ones in question.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to me 2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ActusReus View Post
    We'll probably never know the exact content of the conversation. This doesn't mean that the existence of the call isn't a crucial piece of evidence. As I posted earlier it effectively counters GBC's alibi of being in a deep sleep all night.

This isn't a good look to a jury and the defence team will be hard pressed to counter the prosecution argument that he has lied to police.

The only way that the defence can explain this discrepancy is to introduce evidence of their own, namely sworn evidence from GBC or the person on the other end of the phone. The problem with this strategy is that it then opens them up to cross examination and I wouldn't be advising either of them to step into the witness box.

Even if the content of the call is never determined, the mere existence of the call is a major problem for the defence.

MOO
    Sleep texting happens.... just sayin' :-)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BJsleuth For This Useful Post:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226409480965

According to the affidavit filed by police and referred to in court on Friday, at 6.20am on April 20, 2012, Gerard Baden-Clay sent a text message to his wife Allison's mobile phone saying: "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? None of the girls are up yet! Love G''.

No reply was received from this text message, the court documents say.

The police affidavit says at 6.41am on April 20, Gerard Baden Clay sent another text message to his wife Allison's mobile phone saying: "Al, getting concerned. Where are you? The app doesn't say either? ... I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love G''.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mouse detective For This Useful Post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Isabellnecessary View Post
    Were they? On another site, a poster who attended the bail hearing said that her hands had NOT been removed.

Reading the web, bacteria grows rapidly and destroys evidence under fingernails. At the ten day mark, there'd be nothing left with which to ID anyone.
    Not that GBC would know that.

The luminol test has found blood which has been WASHED OFF... right? There's micro amounts of it present...

So possibly ABC was given drugs which created bleeding in her stomach or throat... which is where the blood marks are from?
    Too much paracetamol or ibruprofen?

What signs of violence are at the house?

Any?
    I don't recall any factual reports of blood being washed off or diluted through cleaning. Also I do recall the police stating that the toxicology tests did not assist them - in other words there was nothing in the toxicology report to show the presence of any drugs or medication, If there had been stomach bleeding due to drugs, the drugs or remnants thereof would have been detected.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KG1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ60 View Post
    There is a 'tit' in dietitian..
    http://www.talktalk.co.uk/reference/.../d0081913.html

I have a link for that!
    In jail!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Liadan View Post
    Just on addressing the crime scene at Kholo bridge. There are very HIGH statistics that say that the perpertrator always returns to the crime scene. So if the body had been hidden and was not being found then it is highly likely that GBC could have returned to the scene to move it.Apparently the scene becomes a fixation and many go back to check if its been disturbed or if everything is ok. My gosh if the police have someone doing this sort of activity its instant goneski. I think from memory this happend when the Abrahams family visited Kiesha's grave site many months after her missing presumed dead status.
    Just on this.. I don't believe he would have gone back to move Allisons body after she was reported missing, not without being caught out.(In which case we would have seen an arrest alot sooner). Police had him under suspicion from day 1, they would have had close eyes on him, and it was well publicised also with people out looking for Allison. I don't think he could have managed it. MOO

Sorry if this has been stated.. I haven't read all posts yet..
    Last edited by UnfoldingTruth; 06-26-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    MOO!

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grannie View Post
    I have been thinking about it as well..

My initial thought was about an arterial gas embolism. An air bubble is injected in a blood stream and prevents blood from flowing. In this case, the COD is natural, or undetermined. Cardiac arrest, end of story. The mechanism of death depends on the size of the bubble and the location of injection. JMO.
    Reasonable thought Grannie - but not as easy as in the movies. Would need to be injected via a vein to take it back to the heart - arterial injection would take it peripherally. Also takes skill and time. And the amount of air that would need to be injected intravenously would be significant, as the first place it goes is to the lungs and breaks up into multiple emboli. It would also be quite obvious at autopsy - again, nothing like the movies.

If it were that easy, it would be more common - it's actually very rare. Even in hospital where theoretically it could be done by mistake via an IV line. But I've never seen one!

After all, we can open arteries, veins, and even the heart to operate on them. The main time we have to evacuate air is if an air embolus is at risk of going to the brain and causing a stroke, not a cardiac arrest.

Hope that all makes sense

22. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to DrWatson For This Useful Post:

Are you a dietician or a PT?
    Cj's fat camp ooooh noooooooo lol.
    Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bayside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rational View Post
    Don't joke I think that is a real possibility, we also don't know what he got from the chemist! Some of the research on Stillnox and what people have done on it is quite alarming.
    What is Stillnox?

Quote Originally Posted by DrWatson View Post
    Reasonable thought Grannie - but not as easy as in the movies. Would need to be injected via a vein to take it back to the heart - arterial injection would take it peripherally. Also takes skill and time. And the amount of air that would need to be injected intravenously would be significant, as the first place it goes is to the lungs and breaks up into multiple emboli. It would also be quite obvious at autopsy - again, nothing like the movies.

If it were that easy, it would be more common - it's actually very rare. Even in hospital where theoretically it could be done by mistake via an IV line. But I've never seen one!

After all, we can open arteries, veins, and even the heart to operate on them. The main time we have to evacuate air is if an air embolus is at risk of going to the brain and causing a stroke, not a cardiac arrest.

Hope that all makes sense
    Agree. Look for the horse, not the zebra!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strangeworld For This Useful Post:

And I did my shopping at Coles, Kenmore, tonight. And I looked and looked around that roundabout .......and I couldn't see any sign of CCTV cameras - anywhere. ??????????? Am I blind?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heloise For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
    Perhaps they put a tarp over the carpet, not expecting blood to touch the sides? Perhaps the body was wrapped, but badly, and it leaked through the ends touching the sides?
    The luminol was just so totally absent from the carpet in the back of the carpet. Any luminol experts?
    In jail!

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by heloise View Post
    And I did my shopping at Coles, Kenmore, tonight. And I looked and looked around that roundabout .......and I couldn't see any sign of CCTV cameras - anywhere. ??????????? Am I blind?
    It's a big tall pole.
    In jail!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:

The luminol was just so totally absent from the carpet in the back of the carpet. Any luminol experts?
    Gerard obviously placed something down first like a tarp etc.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bayside For This Useful Post:

Look higher. Higher still - on top of a pole all by itself....

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrWatson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Seeking View Post
    What is Stillnox?
    STILNOX is used to initiate and
    maintain sleep in those with sleeping
    difficulties, also called insomnia. It is
    not recommended for use for more
    than 4 weeks at a time.
    STILNOX has a different chemical
    structure to other sleeping tablets.
    STILNOX works by binding to
    special sites in the brain which
    produce sleep

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcmed.nsf/pages/swcstiln/$file/swcstiln.pdf
    Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.
    ......George Washington

Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Seeking View Post
    What is Stillnox?
    A sedative.
    Last edited by Nads; 06-26-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Spello
    In jail!

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:

Way up high on a white/silver post
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it-Albert Einstein

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Detect For This Useful Post:

i cant even imagine how it got up on the plastic areas :-S

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cccclllaareb For This Useful Post:

I'm sure everyone has already seen these photos. Does anyone think it looks like the areas have been wiped clean at all? It isn't blood splatter. If it was found in her car, then it's probable it was found at the home too yeah? How upsetting for her family.
    Attached Images Attached Images

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limaes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grannie View Post
    I have been thinking about it as well..

My initial thought was about an arterial gas embolism. An air bubble is injected in a blood stream and prevents blood from flowing. In this case, the COD is natural, or undetermined. Cardiac arrest, end of story. The mechanism of death depends on the size of the bubble and the location of injection. JMO.
    Yes, I know. Very early in the case I also thought about the injection of air into the blood stream, which now would be impossible to detect due to decomposition IMO. I also thought about excessive supply of insulin, but I don't think they are diabetics.
    *** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast