WI - ICE seeks help to ID youth in photos #2 - Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_20890602/immigration-agency-seeks-help-id-youth-photos

Federal officials released photos of someone who appears to be a boy or young man Tuesday, June 19, and asked for help to identify him, saying he "may need law enforcement assistance, but may not be able to request it.

Very strange.....perhaps a webcam picture? Maybe online asked for help?

120622-boyice-hmed-01.380;380;7;70.jpg

120622-boyice-hmed-02.380;380;7;70.jpg

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-agents-help-us-identify-endangered-teen?lite

Neudauer said the photos are still shots from an online video. In the photograph, the teen is pictured wearing a blue and red Minnesota Twins T-shirt. Other details released by ICE:
•The teen is between ages 13 and 19
•Photos were taken in a basement
•The photos are no more than 18 months to 24 months old, based on the Minnesota logo and when it first appeared in the market (July 2010) – also, it appears faded from several washings.

People with information can contact ICE/HSI on their tip line at 866-347-2423 or online at www.ice.gov/tips/

Tips will remain anonymous, ICE said. Anyone with information is asked to call the ICE Tip Line, which is staffed 24 hours a day, at 866-347-2423. Locally, people can also call Homeland Security Investigations at 952-853-2690 and selection option 1 and then option 4 to leave a message for the duty agent.
Tips can be emailed to SPMduty@ice.dhs.gov or submitted online at www.ice.gov/tips/

Please continue here.

Please do not post pictures that have not been released by LE or a legitimate news source.

Thanks,

Salem

I have copied over the opening posts from thread 1 for your reference. If there are other posts in thread 1 that you found particularly useful for reference, please send me a pm and I will try to move them over here.

Thanks,

Salem

I have copied over the opening posts from thread 1 for your reference. If there are other posts in thread 1 that you found particularly useful for reference, please send me a pm and I will try to move them over here.

Thanks,

Salem

I was hoping to catch up with the posts that were made this afternoon. I last read the thread this morning, and I'm sure other posts were made between now and then. Would it be okay to see the rest of the first thread?

Can someone please get the pics that our poster (forgot) put up, that show him differently, please.

There's probably way too many to count/reference.

It would make more sense to just delete the offending images/posts and leave the rest, IMO.

Oh well, I guess the mods know best in this situation.

I am interested in the discussion about comments made on MSM sites from people claiming to be foreign law enforcement. I think one of the comments might have been legit; the other one seemed to be a troll.

I am interested in the discussion about comments made on MSM sites from people claiming to be foreign law enforcement. I think one of the comments might have been legit; the other one seemed to be a troll.

That is the impression I got as well.

Everybody - the video is illegal. It is child *advertiser censored*. Just because it is accessible - that doesn't make it legal. Just because LE released a couple of pictures because they needed help, that doesn't make that video legal.

Watching that video, copying that video, doing anything with that video is against the law. Please keep that in mind as move forward in this case.

Salem

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/2...elp-in-identifying-endangered-child/?on.cnn=1

Federal agents seek help in identifying endangered teen
June 21st, 2012 01:18 PM ET
Post by: CNN's Shawn Nottingham

Snipped:
“Issuing a public plea is an extraordinary step by ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations warranted by our belief that there may be young people at risk, without the ability to ask for law enforcement’s help," he said.

The child is thought to be between 13 and 19 and possibly has been in either Minnesota or western Wisconsin in the past 18 to 24 months. Agents think that by identifying the teen they will be able to help at least one other child out of a dangerous situation and possibly more.

Well-I hope they find out who he is-cause he looks like he needs help!!

What I don't understand is why they haven't said "Ok we found him, thanks for your help, move along now".

It seems like multiple people have claimed on various articles that they found his facebook page.

I just wish they would say they found him and its over and take down all the comments on the articles. Or at least the ones that lead to bad sites.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-06-21/...g-people-agents-minnesota-twins?_s=PM:JUSTICE

ICE asks public's help identifying 'endangered' boy in video
June 21, 2012|By Melissa Gray, CNN

Snipped:
Federal law enforcement agents are seeking the public's help in identifying a boy in a video who they believe is in imminent danger. They say at least one other young person is also at risk in what they call only a "dangerous situation."

Snipped:
"We know that the people involved in this are in a dangerous environment based on the information we've received and the intelligence we've gathered so far," said ICE spokesman Shawn Neudauer.

Maybe they know his identity but haven't been able to locate him yet. Or, maybe they've found him but not the other children?

Either way, this is just a horrible, horrible situation and my heart breaks for this boy. He looks so sad in those photos. I am glad to see ICE getting involved in this and working to save these children.

There is a reason ICE/HSI chose the stills that they did. It's my opinion that they know the boy is a victim (no matter how whomever is in control of him has portrayed him) and therefore didn't pick the clearest pictures from the video. People that truly know this boy would be able to identify him based on the released snaps. It's also my opinion that they have more info to base that on. Ie, maybe more videos with the same boy in them.

HSI is smart, gifted, have waaay more than what's released.

I'm still trying to puzzle out how some commenters in the MSM articles would claim they have identified the boy on facebook. Perhaps these are just tall tales but I'd be curious to know if there's some way to narrow that search (I haven't brainstormed one yet). Would a boy in these circumstances (and, he does look to be on the younger end of that 13-19 year old scale to me) even be allowed to use the internet for social purposes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh