UT - Mom Upset Over Judges Hair-Cut Punishment

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/06/25/utah-mom-upset-over-judges-hair-cut-punishment/

The teenager and an 11-year-old friend were referred to juvenile court for cutting off the hair of a 3-year-old girl with scissors in March and for harassing another girl in Colorado by telephone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec3_lnk2&pLid=172809

Lopan, 13, and her friend, 11, did not know the victim before the McDonald's incident, but befriended her that day before hacking off her hair.

At a hearing in May, Lopan also admitted to charges related to making eight months of harassing phone calls to a Colorado teenager. The phone calls included threats of mutilation and rape, according to Fox News.

BBM - as if randomly chopping off the hair of a 3 year old at a McD's wasn't bad enough scream for help....:what:

Seriously MOM -GET YOUR KID HELP NOW!!

No one forced this mother to cut off her daughter's hair, and to me, the irony is how outraged this mother now is about what she herself did to her daughter, the same daughter that did the same thing to a little 3-year-old, and she doesn't seem to get the connection.

I think she should be trying to figure out why her daughter behaves the way she does, rather than complain about the ponytail. The daughter is 13 now, but if this kind of behavior continues, what kind of future is she going to have? That's what should be concerning this mother, if you ask me, not the ponytail.
I don't have any problem with the judge's giving the mother a choice which involved cutting off ponytail. If this woman was so concerned about the ponytail, she shouldn't have cut it.

Cutting the 3-year-old's hair was wrong, and it's probably good justice to have those two little perps have to get their hair cut, too, to see how it feels. The 3-yr-old's hair and the hair of the 13-yr-old aren't whacked short -- they're both about shoulder-length now. I think the 11-yr-old's is shorter, but there was no picture of her. All pretty trivial, IMO. But the harrassing, threatening phone calls? That seems like a much bigger issue and makes her wielding a pair of scissors around a child more sinister.

How do a couple of adolescent strangers find an opportunity to cut your child's hair while you're at a McDonald's? I don't get it.

Cutting the 3-year-old's hair was wrong, and it's probably good justice to have those two little perps have to get their hair cut, too, to see how it feels. The 3-yr-old's hair and the hair of the 13-yr-old aren't whacked short -- they're both about shoulder-length now. I think the 11-yr-old's is shorter, but there was no picture of her. All pretty trivial, IMO. But the harrassing, threatening phone calls? That seems like a much bigger issue and makes her wielding a pair of scissors around a child more sinister.

How do a couple of adolescent strangers find an opportunity to cut your child's hair while you're at a McDonald's? I don't get it

I wonder if they were in one of those big slide monstrosity things, those things the kids climb up into with all of the tunnels.

Where did the scissors come from? As far as I know they don't come with a value meal which means these girls arrived at the McD's with scissors? Did they know they intended to cut someones hair?

I don't get this hair cutting thing. Girls of this age, even mean girls, usually tend to pick a target that is in their peer group (like the girl they harassed). Why the 3 year old? Creepy.

I think this mother has a much bigger problem than a chopped off ponytail. This enabling is what, IMO, is leading to the problems we are seeing more and more. The kid needs some serious counseling. Wow.

they asked the workers at McD's for scissors, which they did not give them, so the girls went next door to a store and bought some :what:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/2...ghters-ponytail-in-courtroom/?test=latestnews

an article also said they "befriended" the little girl, so i'm guessing they were out on the play equipment....

Yikes!

I realize these girls didn't murder anyone but why do I get an Alyssa Bustamente feel? Shudder.

I think this mother is in for a world of heartache if she doesn't get out of denial mode and into help figure out what is going on with her daughter mode.

So disturbing. On so many levels. Here's your sign, MOM.

Bravo Judge! It is really scarey that the mother is more concerned with the cutting of her daughter's hair than she is what her daughter planned and carried out on this toddler....it could have been much worse. Why isn't the mother concerned with her daughter's assault on this little girl and also the threatening phone calls to another girl threatening bodily harm and rape?? The actions of the mother makes it a bit easier to understand why her daughter acts the way she does. Maybe the mother and daughter's heads should be shaved??

Mom's FB was easy to find, as was the minor in question -- as a minor her page is completely public, including photos, info everything!!! Yikes, clearly mom has to be either out of touch - or something.

How do a couple of adolescent strangers find an opportunity to cut your child's hair while you're at a McDonald's? I don't get it.

She went and purchased them across the street after the workers at McDonald's refused to give her any. How bizarre is that? She probably was playing in the play area and the mothers weren't watching closely.

Where did the scissors come from? As far as I know they don't come with a value meal which means these girls arrived at the McD's with scissors? Did they know they intended to cut someones hair?

I don't get this hair cutting thing. Girls of this age, even mean girls, usually tend to pick a target that is in their peer group (like the girl they harassed). Why the 3 year old? Creepy.

It doesn't seem normal at all. To target a baby like that is unusual.

Yikes!

I realize these girls didn't murder anyone but why do I get an Alyssa Bustamente feel? Shudder.

I think this mother is in for a world of heartache if she doesn't get out of denial mode and into help figure out what is going on with her daughter mode.

Totally get an Alyssa Bustamante vibe. What 13 year old girl harasses another for 8 months and threatens rape and mutilation?

Mom's FB was easy to find, as was the minor in question -- as a minor her page is completely public, including photos, info everything!!! Yikes, clearly mom has to be either out of touch - or something.

I agree. And how come so many of the kid's young friends already have lip and tongue, nose whatever piercings? Who are these kids? Rather, who are these parents?

Reading this story just sent a shiver up my spine.

These girls need HELP and they need it soon.

They stalked a 3 year old girl with long hair, made a decision to cut her hair, tried to get scissors from the employees at McDonalds and when they couldn't, they left McDonalds, went to a store, bought scissors, came back to McDonalds, found the little girl and got her in an area where they wouldn't be seen and cut her hair off, FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!

Reading this story just sent a shiver up my spine.

These girls need HELP and they need it soon.

They stalked a 3 year old girl with long hair, made a decision to cut her hair, tried to get scissors from the employees at McDonalds and when they couldn't, they left McDonalds, went to a store, bought scissors, came back to McDonalds, found the little girl and got her in an area where they wouldn't be seen and cut her hair off, FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!

Other than, apparently, because they could, and to see if they could get away with it. Agreed, it was not spur of the moment, it was planned and executed. Again, creepy Bustamente vibe.

heres what i sent to her via FB:

you need to get your daughter some help !!! ASAP!!! no right minded 13-yr old kid decides to chop off a 3yr olds hair at McDonalds (having to go elsewhere to get scissors) That alone is disturbing, but add in the talk of rape and mutilation to another girl via the phone?!?! Cmon!! It screams HELP ME! Im not here to judge you, only to urge you to seek help for her before she ends up killing people...trust me its not far behind -- see Alyssa Bustamante for further proof!

if mother doesn't realize how serious this is, then sadly I can see why it is so serious

if any kid under my supervision did something like that, the loss of their hair would be the least of their concerns

unfortunately, this girl and her accomplice will end up in the prison system when they're adults (and probably a juvenile facility before then) - hopefully they don't hurt/murder too many before then

betcha anything they've already harmed animals and committed arson

reminds me of those two girls in England or Australia (?) - Mary something or other

I totally agree about the scary way these girls acted. They were obsessed with cutting a little girl's hair, in such an odd, eerie, creepy, premeditated fashion. Future perps for sure unless they get intensive counseling and treatment---now. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back