Thread: AZ - Stella May Horrell, 18, Phoenix, 22 August 1943

AZ - Stella May Horrell, 18, Phoenix, 22 August 1943

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3228dfaz.html

This is new on Doe Network. I'm wondering if she's a potential match for these skeletal remains believed to be from 1948:

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase497.html

Some things match up pretty well. Stella left Arizona in 1943 heading for California and was never seen again. The remains were found beneath a foundry floor in 1973 in California and are believed to have been there since at least 1948. Stella was 18 in 1943 and would have been 23 in 1948; the skeletal remains estimated age is 20-25. The remains were said to have prominent buck teeth and Stella's photos appear as if she may have had buck teeth, though the photos are small. Unfortunately her Doe profile states there are no dentals available for her to compare with the skeletal remains. Unless the remains still exist and could be DNA matched to a living relative of Stella's, I don't see how a match could be made, but I felt this was an interesting possibility of being the same woman. I assume the building must have been put up in 1948 or later for LE to be certain the remains had been there that long.

Stella May Horrell

Case Classification: Missing
    Missing Since: August 22, 1943

Location Last Seen: Pheonix, Maricopa Co, Arizona Physical

Description** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.
    Date of Birth: September 20, 1924
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 yrs
    Race: White/American Indian
    Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'5
    Weight at Time of Disappearance: 125 lbs
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Brown
    Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Mickey, Dessie Pearl Ellis, Stella Wesler
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
    Dentals: Not available
    Fingerprints: Not available
    DNA: Not available Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Unknown
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown Circumstances of Disappearance Stella left Pheonix to travel to California and was never seen or heard from again.

Investigating Agency(s)
    If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Doe Network

E-Mail: admin@doenetwork.org

Information Source(s)
    Information graciously provided by family and loved ones
    The Doe Network: Stella May Horrell - 3228DFAZ

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3228dfaz.html

I am Stella's granddaughter, I am wondering where you got the info that you think this person might be a match? I would like to look into this further. We have been searching for Stella for many years. Thank you for any assistance you can offer I would like to know one way or another where my Grandmother is.

Thank you
    cibarra

Welcome to Websleuths and I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother and not knowing where she is.

This info was from www.doenetwork.org and of course there's no way for me to know if there is a match, Doe Network is a website we often use to try and match unidentified persons with missing persons. Some of the information seemed as if it could be a possible match. I would suggest contacting Doe Network and/or the law enforcement agency who is handling your missing Grandmother's case. The folks at Doe Network have been very helpful with all potential matches I have submitted, often contacting the law enforcement agency which is handling the case for the unidentified person, and then relaying the info back to me as to whether it will be looked into further. One of the main features of the unidentified woman is that she had buck teeth and I can't tell at all from the photos if your Grandmother had them or not as the photos on the Doe website are small. If she did not then this wouldn't be her.

Again, I am sorry for all the years of not knowing where Ms Horrell is, I hope you find some answers.