MI - Julia Dawson, 23, Sparta, 11 December 2004

Wow, this is very sad. Please keep us updated, Sam...I'd like to follow the search for Julia.
Thanks--
Karen

A printable poster of Julia can be found here:

http://members.cox.net/kelly_projectjason/

Scroll down and click on Julia's name.

There is a poster on Julia's site, but it does not print full size. Attempts to contact the family via the website were unsuccessful as the emails bounced back.

If anyone has contact with them, please have them contact me.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

I'm from Grand Rapids, so this case is of particular interest to me. One thing that I found odd is that the homepage of Julia's website has what seems to be a yearbook picture of her husband on it. Why is his picture on there at all? He's not missing, is he? Also, are there not more recent pictures of him? I'm left with the impression that people believe he may be involved and want his picture out there in case anyone saw him doing anything.

Also, one of the articles states that she was "supposedly" shopping. Alarm bells are going off for me.

New article:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-19/110381674715930.xml

Odd that her family are the only ones commenting, and her husband cannot be reached.

Also, why did he wait until 6 a.m. to report her missing? A mother with yong children at home does not usually stay out all night without informing her family. Had she done this before? Was family out searching that night? I'd like to know a little more about what went on that night.

October said:
I'm from Grand Rapids, so this case is of particular interest to me. One thing that I found odd is that the homepage of Julia's website has what seems to be a yearbook picture of her husband on it. Why is his picture on there at all? He's not missing, is he? Also, are there not more recent pictures of him? I'm left with the impression that people believe he may be involved and want his picture out there in case anyone saw him doing anything.

Also, one of the articles states that she was "supposedly" shopping. Alarm bells are going off for me.

That is exactly what I thought re: her husband's picture - almost like the picture of a suspect being put out in case anyone recognizes him from that day.

imo

October said:
I'm from Grand Rapids, so this case is of particular interest to me. One thing that I found odd is that the homepage of Julia's website has what seems to be a yearbook picture of her husband on it. Why is his picture on there at all?

I thought it was a bit strange as well. I hate to say it but, I have a bad feeling about this and think the husband was involved.
Karen

That was my first thought too, why did he wait till 6am. I am so tired of hearing about these missing women and most at the hands of thier husbands so very very sad. I hope they find Julia soon.

Even the ex-husbands comments sounded odd and disconnected. How can you have a "normal Christmas" when mom is missing?

Reward offered for missing Sparta woman

Sparta, December 29, 2004

The father of a missing Sparta woman is now offering a $5,000 reward.

Julia Dawson, a 23-year-old mother of two, went shopping in mid-December and never returned home. Her van was found at a nearby park.

Searches for Julia have turned up nothing. Her father tells 24 Hour News 8 the Sparta police chief is asking residents to keep an eye out, as the weather warms up and the snow melts.

Julia Dawson website: http://www.juliaalert.org/

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2745130&nav=0RceUegY

Hi all,
I developed the Juliaalert.org.

In response to the picture of the husband...it is the most current picture that I have been able to come up with. I am sorry that it caused any confusion that he was also missing. Most people that know Julia don't even know what her husband looks like. I sluthed around to come up with the picture as no one seemed to have one. I'v known Julia since 2nd grade as she was best friends with my daughter. I feel like I have lost my daughter.

The police seem so incredibly slow to act. Assuming that she would just walk away. NO WAY! Not with two babies at home. They don't answer questions, which is understandable as it could compromise the case. They won't say if they have done a forensic search of the marital home. :banghead: But then that is to be expected that they not be able to divulge details.

There has been a wonderful outpouring of the community in support. Our site has had over 8400 hits so far (averaging about 1000 per day) I am working hard to keep this in the public eye and ear. I am thankful that the TV stations keep mentioning her.

The more time passes the more difficult it is to retain hope.

Dwin

hi Dwin,

did the police take her computer and run it through forensics to see who she had been talking with?

This is so frustrating and sad....I hope some news comes soon.

there are soo many cyber stalkers...

and millions that are naive and innocent for them to prey on...

not the hubby...

I'm pretty sure if he took a lie detector he would pass, he isn't Scott Peterson

she was meeting someone...

Rocky said:
not the hubby...

I'm pretty sure if he took a lie detector he would pass, he isn't Scott Peterson

she was meeting someone...

Rocky,

What makes you think this? Just wondering, since I haven't seen anything to indicate this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back