Last edited by bessie; 06-30-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote
I don't see why this perp(s) has to be especially smart...he took a woman and her bike, got rid of the bike, probably the woman as well...and so far the woman has not been found. Nothing there to make him a genius in my opinion.
Just my opinion, of course.
How come no one thinks the Tara Jean Hawkins murder could also be related? She was also riding her bike and then went missing. Her body was found but not her bike. This just happened early June. She wasn't riding at 2am, it was 730pm but she too was a very cute, petite young woman. There is barely info on her murder, action jax posted a timeline with video of her on the last day she was seeen
Another thought regarding nc perp car being different, maybe the dot is a work vehicle and sub is personal or his wifes, etc.
I meant to type maybe the DWT is work vech and SUV personal
If Tara Jean Hawkins were blonde I feel like a lot more comparisons would be made. If we are connecting cases I would say maybe for her over someone like Holly Bobo. Probably unrelated though. I am still leaning toward a local perp though some traveling would be possible.
My old girl, Molly (a horse) injured herself today. Cut her nostril and scrapped her bridge. It made me think of Mickey and how Mickey was probably patching up and comforting her horse like I did today right before her life was disrupted. Still hoping for some sort of break.
Man sought in attempted rape in Raleigh
"He is white"
Let's be politically correct, right? And make a presumption that the suspect is "white." OK, so does that mean, "caucasian" or not? At the expense of the victims. Just like everyone thought the Bike Path Rapist, someone who went on raping and killing for decades, was "white." That is, until the FBI broke down the DNA profile and determined otherwise. And exonerated an innocent man, who had been wrongfully convicted.
Look at the pictured video still of the suspect in the article.
Last edited by concentric; 06-30-2012 at 06:32 PM.
firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail is monitored for ground search suggestions. Send them your map and they will take action, if that area hasn't already been searched. If you have a tip about the area include that in your e-mail.
Most e-mails receive a reply so you will know that your tip has been read.
A few things to know about Louisiana:
1) Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
2 )There are 5,000 types of snakes, and 4,998 live in Louisiana.
3 )There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Louisiana, plus a couple that nobody has seen before.
4) Squirrels and crawfish will eat anything.
5) Unknown critters love to dig holes under tomato plants.
6) Raccoons will test your crop of melons and let you know when they are ripe.
7) Festivals are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect/animal or profession.
8) It's not a "garden hose," it is a "hose pipe."
9) A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinna coke you want?"
10) It is not a "shopping cart", it is a "buggy."
11) Fire ants float in a flood ... beware.
12) People actually grow and eat okra.
13) "Fixinto" is one word, as in "I'm fixinto go to Cannata's"
14) There ain't no such thing as "lunch." There's "dinner" and then there's "supper."
15) Sweet tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two.
16) Backwards and forwards" means, "I know everything about you."
17) "Jeet?" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
18) You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
19) Fried catfish is "the other white meat"
20) Distances are measured in minutes, not miles.
I wonder if the Shunicks have contacted their Representatives or Senator for assistance with LE, if they are not really getting much more feedback than the community is getting. I think that is something I would try, if I felt helpless in a situation like this.
Of course maybe LE is being more forthcoming with the family, but they certainly are not with the community members. I get the feeling LE is avoiding media because they have so little to offer in the way of assurance. Most LE likes to pat themselves on the back enough to come out and declare that they will not rest, will find the victim, will go to trial, etc...we hear that much in other cases, as a rule. In this case, not a single word in a month, of a new case. A month is not a long time, relatively speaking, for a case that is many months, or years old, but it is a very long time in a six-week old abduction.
Just my opinion, of course.