Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1595

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I don't see why this perp(s) has to be especially smart...he took a woman and her bike, got rid of the bike, probably the woman as well...and so far the woman has not been found. Nothing there to make him a genius in my opinion.

i think it's the bump and snatch (faking an accident) that people are considering "clever"

this way, he can possibly get the girl in his car and take her from there. if she declines, then he moves on and just pretends it was an accident.

i guess it's more "clever" than a home invasion (alarm systems, neighbors, dogs, possible weapons in the home)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to justwannahelp For This Useful Post:

I wonder if the Shunicks have contacted their Representatives or Senator for assistance with LE, if they are not really getting much more feedback than the community is getting. I think that is something I would try, if I felt helpless in a situation like this.

Of course maybe LE is being more forthcoming with the family, but they certainly are not with the community members. I get the feeling LE is avoiding media because they have so little to offer in the way of assurance. Most LE likes to pat themselves on the back enough to come out and declare that they will not rest, will find the victim, will go to trial, etc...we hear that much in other cases, as a rule. In this case, not a single word in a month, of a new case. A month is not a long time, relatively speaking, for a case that is many months, or years old, but it is a very long time in a six-week old abduction.
    BBM

THAT is what upsets me. I can't understand why they don't come out and simply reassure the public that they are working on this. We need a pep talk. I feel like it's cold not reassuring the public for such a long time. Also, i feel like their words could stir up thinking caps and eyes again. She seems totally forgotten in Baton Rouge, which is only 20 miles East of Whiskey Bay and is a college town. Of course the college girls here are still riding their bikes around in the dark. I almost want to roll down my window and say, "Honey, your daddy would not like seeing you riding around in the dark. Now get your lil' hiney home, ok?!"

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justwannahelp For This Useful Post:

I don't see why this perp(s) has to be especially smart...he took a woman and her bike, got rid of the bike, probably the woman as well...and so far the woman has not been found. Nothing there to make him a genius in my opinion.
    He doesn't have to be smart. The Green River Killer was not considered smart however when it came to killing, he was. A killer only has to be smart in ways to kill and evade capture.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jujube For This Useful Post:

No, cluciano63, he doesn't have to be genius..only lucky..with each additional innocent victim devoured, he will hone his skills..

Gary Ridgway, whose IQ was in the low 80's, yet amassed a high number of victims; convicted of 49, confessed to least 71, presumed to be 90+. He was thought to be idiot savant by LE and was active for over two decades. He was eventually identified & arrested 11/2001 due to dna upgrades, but was a suspect 2 decades earlier.

The NC victim's successful escape reminds me of a prior rape/murder attempt;
    John Albert Gardner III (CA), convicted rapist/murderer of teenagers Chelsea King & Amber Dubois, attempted to rape Candice Moncayo, whose father was a kick boxing champion. She was able to thwart the rape attempt by an elbow to his chin.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

You know a case has gone cold if the current thread was started five days ago and has 1433 posts but there's no real need to start a new one.
    We are, I know not how, double in ourselves, so that what we believe we disbelieve, and cannot rid ourselves of what we condemn. (Michel de Montaigne)

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fairest of them all View Post
    At whatever time I posted that there were two members on this thread and like 5 guests. (Don't remember how many exactly) its pretty obvious people are losing interest. It is a lot different than earlier on when everytime I'd get on I'd have pages and pages to read through. Sometimes Wed go through a whole thread per day. There were always lots of people signed in with lots to say.....now not so much. And I find it odd that the guests outnumbered members at the time when I made my post.
    Moo
    I wouldn't get discouraged about it. Its Saturday after all and people probably have a lot to do. We sure did and had to put up with a high of 107 at one point. The heat may have wore some folks out. This group seems highly interested in this case, I'm sure they'll come back, especially if there is just a tidbit of evidence.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dejavoodoo64 For This Useful Post:

I have doubts about whether the attempted abduction/attack in NC is connected to Mickie in any way. There are plenty of violent criminals to go around for every state to have their very own...
    I would think it might be connected to the Kelli Bordeaux case if anything. It was in Fayetteville I believe. There is a thread here about her. That is a very puzzling case also. And once again its another cute petite blond. It seems it never ends.
    Last edited by dejavoodoo64; 06-30-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: add info

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dejavoodoo64 For This Useful Post:

The dogs picked up no scent of Mickey whatsoever correct?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

While I am on this thought process did LE ever state that they had video of Mickey leaving Artmosphere?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo64 View Post
    I would think it might be connected to the Kelli Bordeaux case if anything. It was in Fayetteville I believe. There is a thread here about her. That is a very puzzling case also. And once again its another cute petite blond. It seems it never ends.
    Well, Kelli left the bar with a registered sex offender, so there is that...JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Yes they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    This is a very telling statement if it is true. They picked up no scent of her anywhere? This could only mean that she left not on a bicycle but in a car. This is an important statement if it is true. Where did the dogs pick up her scent?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aviatrix For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    This is a very telling statement if it is true. They picked up no scent of her anywhere? This could only mean that she left not on a bicycle but in a car. This is an important statement if it is true. Where did the dogs pick up her scent?
    These dogs are amazing. Yes they can be wrong that is why there are usually more than one.

To my understanding there was no scent of her picked up anywhere. If I am wrong could someone please correct me?

I don't know if we were told about any results from dogs? Just that they were used? does anyone know of a link...I will look...

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

These dogs are amazing. Yes they can be wrong that is why there are usually more than one.

To my understanding there was no scent of her picked up anywhere. If I am wrong could someone please correct me?
    Hrm. The dogs did not pick up her scent ANYWHERE? No phone records? No cell records? No tower ping logs? Her phone battery just happened to be dead but she was riding home on a bike at 2 a.m.? Someting ain't right here. I think all of this information exists, just someone is holding on to it.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aviatrix For This Useful Post:

Yes they did.
    What does this mean? Who did what?

TIA for explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    Hrm. The dogs did not pick up her scent ANYWHERE? No phone records? No cell records? No tower ping logs? Her phone battery just happened to be dead but she was riding home on a bike at 2 a.m.? Someting ain't right here. I think all of this information exists, just someone is holding on to it.
    >>
    Craft also said they have picked up several items of potential evidence, but so far, none of those seems to be connected to the case. He also confirmed that her cell phone was turned off and that police are not able to get any information about her location using that avenue.
    “It’s the type of cell phone that, when you cut it off, you can’t ping it,” Craft said.<<

http://kpel965.com/latest-informatio...ick-continues/

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I realize it that, but they still haven't been able to charge him. IMO this RSO isn't bright enough to have pulled this off.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dejavoodoo64 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacific2011 View Post
    What does this mean? Who did what?

TIA for explanation.

I don't know that is why when I get stuck in a case I go back to the beginning.

If you look at many of my posts throughout this case the only thing truly confirmed that I am aware of is that MS is missing.

So I am asking this group of people and locals to correct me if I am wrong as the information usually comes from LE. In this case the friends/family have been the major source of information.

LE has given ONE press conference and that was regarding the bike.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo64 View Post
    I realize it that, but they still haven't been able to charge him. IMO this RSO isn't bright enough to have pulled this off.
    I really don't think it comes down to how bright someone is, when hiding a body...it mostly comes down to luck, as in either the victim is found or not found...many times people have been found in areas previously searched, for example. I think we give some of these perps far too much credit.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

There was no statement regarding all of the dog searches, and there were four that I know of. No statement does not equal no scent. It just means we were not told!

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

These dogs are amazing but they are not perfect. Search dogs failed to find Jessica Lunsford, and she was right across the street from her home.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    There was no statement regarding all of the dog searches, and there were four that I know of. No statement does not equal no scent. It just means we were not told!
    If they did pick up a scent...apparently it ended someplace...and Mickey was not there

43. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

If they did pick up a scent...apparently it ended someplace...and Mickey was not there
    I know I saw dogs and LE searching by the Cajun Dome, and they had crime scene tape up..... Don't know if they found anything because they never said.

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

No they are not perfect. There was discussion regarding dogs at BW's early on.

Like many have stated here if they go missing to let everyone here know as at least there would be a huge group of people looking for them. I agree with those statements.

That is why I am asking the questions I have been. The family went to social networking immediately which got the word out quickly. Like I said when I am stuck or have felt like I have throughout this case that I am missing a number of pieces to the puzzle I go back to the beginning.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast