Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo64 View Post
    Dang, another petitie white blonde. I guess she could have went anywhere after 1pm. I hate to think she was snatched in the daylight, cause thats one brave person to do that. I still can't shake the feeling that this is a web of people abducting these girls. Not positive, just keep thinking about it. JMO

I read that her dad made a statement that she had recently had a nervous breakdown. I am praying with all my heart that she is just taking a little break and not a victim of foul play. She sure is a beautiful young woman.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    If the truck is stopped and the driver's side door is open, there is more video footage of the truck stopped there. Therefore, I put the likelihood of this at slim to none. Just MOO.
    Yeah... hubby thinks I am seeing the curb at the gas station...not the top of the door...
    also said I need to just stop giving my opinion on these pics!
    I have Serous Retinopathy in my right eye!
    Time to come to terms with that fact...
    while color and the overall image is ok
    any lines are distorted...
    This is how a normal eye sees
    amsler2.jpg
    This is how my right eye sees
    h5550934.jpg
    I can't see like I used to.
    -gracefully bowing out of any future image discussions

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    DamnWhiteTruck.
    Thanks.
    I thought that for a second. Then decided I was being unwholesome...again.

I am going to stop second guessing my inpure mind.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by courtneyb View Post
    Hmmmmm... it would help explain LE reluctance/refusal to release anything further from the video. Or to communicate why they won't release anything else. I was thinking the same thing; I don't personally know anything about LPD, but I live in a small Louisiana city and I know some people would probably use the word "podunk" in relation to our local LE. I'm not saying it, of course, but, you know.. I don't think it's crazy that they had an "oops" and didn't realize the bike was under the truck in the picture.
    I don't think it's crazy either! Even with all the enhancements from expert WSers... WE can't all agree! Lol~

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carterkatt For This Useful Post:

After nearly a week without results in the search for missing Michaela 'Mickey' Shunick, police have revealed they have uncovered surveillance footage of the 22-year old riding her bike.

Two videos both show the University of Louisiana student on St. John Street and St. Landry Street in Lafayette.

And in both videos a white four-door pick-up truck is seen to pass by on camera after Schunick rides by and date from 1.47 and 1.48 a.m after the student had left a friends house on Saturday May 19.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1z78Wq9L6

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waiting1979 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin View Post
    And I only said I thought the debate was over. I said nothing about u saying it's Mickey. I'm not one of the people actually debating with you saying it isn't. I thought this debate was over after ACI called because that topic went away sort of, but because of no new information it came up again.

I understand you're already frustrated (we all are) so I apologize if my post rubbed you in the wrong way.
    Nah..sorry if I sounded strident.

I just think it's unnecessary to be dismissive of a theory based on a tangible fact when we have nothing else.

Not you, specifically, sorry. Definitely not what I intended.

The dismissal is why I've been off thinking about this in a cave.

I wish I could visit Lafayette.

I'm a little tired of strolling around town with google man. He never has anything new to say.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get lost at this point.
    Nothing is sacred, no one gets a pass.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carterkatt View Post
    I don't think it's crazy either! Even with all the enhancements from expert WSers... WE can't all agree! Lol~
    Srsly. Nothing is crazy at this point.

I think back along thread 2, 3, 4 ish, someone definitely dismissed The Rapture as a possibility, so there's that.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    To add new information here, that is not a light post near the road-work sign. I had assumed it was, too, but when I went out there, it wasn't. I forget what it was, but I remember being surprised at my own assumption being wrong.

The light casting a shadow from the sign would be coming from somewhere else, which would change the projected location of the sign's shadow. Worth having a look at at night for those wishing to continue the old argument. Myself, I won't be makingf a special night-drive though.

Another tidbit for those wishing to pursue this theory, is that that road-work sign there is medium orange, not bright yellow as someone said the other day.
    I agree about the shadow, but I keep hearing about the yellow glow halfway of the truck bed. All I can think of is the type of light being shined on the shine and type of white paint on the truck is causing a yellowish glow on the truck bed despite the sign being orange. I remember from physics class that the color of something is due to it absorbing the spectrum of light except for what color it appears to be.

Short version is every object is every color except the one you see. I believe it is proven that the source and type of light can alter our perception of color. I know that people must have seen clothing that appears maybe purple for example and then at another angle and light source that may see blue clothing. I think it happerns mostly with dim fluorescent lighting. Go outside and it makes a difference. JMO

/lol that wasn't so short was it. The sign may reflect orange, but the light we see it through makes it appear yellow. I'm on the fence about it, but I'm fairly certain thats not a tool box back there. The more I enlarged it the worse it got in the supposed tool box area. I keep wondering if there was some sort of identifying letters or logo there and it was blurred out, just to keep from tipping anyone off. Of course this is JMO.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-28-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dejavoodoo64 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JurysOut View Post
    I'm a little tired of strolling around town with google man. He never has anything new to say.
    Yes but at least you donít have to chide him for refusing to stop and ask for directions. :bananajump:

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unscripted For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    Yeah... hubby thinks I am seeing the curb at the gas station...not the top of the door...
    also said I need to just stop giving my opinion on these pics!
    I have Serous Retinopathy in my right eye!
    Time to come to terms with that fact...
    while color and the overall image is ok
    any lines are distorted...
    This is how a normal eye sees
    amsler2.jpg
    This is how my right eye sees
    h5550934.jpg
    I can't see like I used to.
    -gracefully bowing out of any future image discussions
    I had serous retinopathy in my left eye and had laser back in the dark ages, didn't do anything. Weird, huh! Took almost 1 year to diagnose the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    There is a very noticeable distortion in the image. The front part of the truck is bumped upward. The same effect can be seen in the running board and the top of the windshield frame, heading down toward the front tire. The picture is quite distorted all over - quite subtly. The "ONLY" markings in the street have been hugely stretched in the horizontal direction. I believe that the odd blotches are a combination of changing lighting, and the clear, rippled, plexiglas dome over the camera. As well, I believe that the tires are turned slightly left because the driver sees Mickey up ahead of him in his lane, and he's beginning the process of changing lanes.

MOO. JMO.
    Yes I believe you are correct. Its like "Wearing Sunglasses at Night". Need FoxFire to post the song here from youtubel

hmmmm.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/d...=33784019&pg=7

LSU Fan
    Coral Bay, St. John, USVI
    Member since Nov 2005
    40968 posts

re: Mickey Shunick Investigation Information as of 05/30/12 (Posted on 5/30/12 at 4:20 p.m. to purpleleaf)

quote:
    Just curious, how do we know this? How do you know that it wasn't put there by the person taking the picture? I don't know. I am asking.

quote:
    Comment From Shane Was the Missing Poster at whiskey bay that we all saw on tv put there by the camera crew or was it there when LE arrived

2:31 AmandaMcElfresh: Shane: It was definitely there when LE got there. It had the tape the volunteers are using and definitely looked like it had been there a few days.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to waiting1979 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo64 View Post
    Yes I believe you are correct. Its like "Wearing Sunglasses at Night". Need FoxFire to post the song here from youtubel
    Here ya go!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlTGzkKeE&feature=player_detailpage"]Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night Stereo - YouTube[/ame]

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clkwrks View Post
    It's this statement from LE and the conversations here on WS many threads ago that make me think Mickey turned down Braeshear St.
    On my strolls with Google man, I have thought the same thing. Google man doesn't walk at night, so I don't know how the street appears in the dark.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

excerpt from Lafayette Police media briefing 5/25/12

Lafayette Police media briefing 5/25/12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8zR_kvM#t=783s
    Reporter: "A couple of days ago we saw some...ah..officers carrying what appeared to be bags of evidence away from Ryan street. Could you elaborate on that?"

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waiting1979 For This Useful Post:

Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast