Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    re: posters being torn down and who is Grey Ghost?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=zQVU7g5D9Ys#!
    Thanks for the link. That is kind of crazy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to courtneyb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    wow, whats his deal? hope he never needs help from the public....bad juju goin on with this dude....moo
    For more info about Fred Radtke aka The Grey Ghost, please watch this short video below. He was part of Operation Clean Sweep post Katrina, cleaning up gang-related graffiti. His efforts are admirable, but NOT in the case of tearing down Mickey posters. Perhaps he is OCD.
    http://youtu.be/DLLZBOIUGNo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nola View Post
    I already thought about that... that's MY train home too, and I'm still here, SO, I ruled it out.
    As a nonbeliever, I relied on believers' input. If y'all tell me you'd have been gone too if The Rapture took Mickey, I respect that.

Nonbeliever doesn't have to mean anti-believer ;-)
    Nothing is sacred, no one gets a pass.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JurysOut View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been terrifying. Are you OK?

I think we'd have to factor in the speed and weight of both objects and point of impact using an equation I would never understand.

Thanks! Had a broken femur and a concussion. Only lasting effect is that I won't cross the street when the hand is flashing!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemiwemi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamacat View Post
    For more info about Fred Radtke aka The Grey Ghost, please watch this short video below. He was part of Operation Clean Sweep post Katrina, cleaning up gang-related graffiti. His efforts are admirable, but NOT in the case of tearing down Mickey posters. Perhaps he is OCD.
    http://youtu.be/DLLZBOIUGNo
    That's an interesting take. Maybe tidying walls and posts is something he can't stop doing. He was repeatedly wiping the same spot on that sign, which is an indicator of obsessive behavior.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo64 View Post
    Well if the videos are just 1 second apart, then that would be one fast accelerating truck to run over her. And at more than 1 second I think she would have moved forward several more feet than where posters think she was run over, or think she appears under the truck. That would imply she was knocked backward. I can't buy the idea that she was stopped and the truck creeped up on her and ran over her. Bike would have moved forward regardless. One would have to allow for forward impact of bike and seperation of Mickey from the bike while truck is in motion. Not enough distance in pics as we know the truck didn't raise it front end like a drag car and sit down on her.
    It's important to note that if she wasn't stopped (and her posture in the picture definitely looks to me like she's pedaling) then a reasonable estimate of her speed would be 15 miles per hour. That means she would be travelling 22 feet every second. So in a second she would have moved well out of the picture.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ladycleo View Post
    What happened and where is Mickey?!

I'm getting so aggravated reading the same theories about DWTs and bikes underneath them and, and, and. This isn't directed at any of you, of course... we're all just trying to help. It's just infuriating that no matter how much we want her to come home and to find out what happened, we have absolutely no information to go on. Enough already!
    It's kinda weird that no information has been released about the bike or anything.

If we had anything else, maybe we could obsess about the Blasted Bike Rim or the Flippin Phone Records.

I hope her family doesn't have to live in permanent limbo.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JurysOut View Post
    That's an interesting take. Maybe tidying walls and posts is something he can't stop doing. He was repeatedly wiping the same spot on that sign, which is an indicator of obsessive behavior.
    He can stop. There are medication specifically approved for OCD and effective in treating it. He likely chooses to not take them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    It's important to note that if she wasn't stopped (and her posture in the picture definitely looks to me like she's pedaling) then a reasonable estimate of her speed would be 15 miles per hour. That means she would be travelling 22 feet every second. So in a second she would have moved well out of the picture.
    I remember thinking that if all of the time stamps were accurate, she was moving at a pretty good clip.

I'm kinda liking the 'dropped something' theory today.

I have to wonder how many, if any of these times are right.

BW said they left Artmosphere at 12:44 (to go about a mile to his house on Ryan).
    They were on video at TB at 1:24. (a 5 min drive from Ryan St.)
    Mickey left Ryan St at 1:44?

Mickey was hungry and not feeling well and it took about 35 minutes to bike 0.9 miles, lock bikes and get in the car?

Maybe TB time is wrong. Or else BW is wrong or the video stills.Or they sat around hungry for a little while for some reason before they left to get food.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boudin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    He can stop. There are medication specifically approved for OCD and effective in treating it. He likely chooses to not take them.
    I have family members with OCD. It's not always controllable.

Maybe it's much worse and this behavior is his *controlled*.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Not sure if it's already been posted, but I noticed that there's a very short (about 2 seconds) video of Mickey now posted on the findmickeynow FB page.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waiting1979 View Post
    Bingo.

re: running red light, if LE didn't say it in the transcript, I'm going to give credit to 'Waldalo', thread#9. The idea that DWTiq pursued Mickey with 'lights off' and the corresponding image is his as well, i think.
    JMO but head lights are clearly on. I kinda doubt driver turned on the lights after running over her, if thats what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo64 View Post
    Well if the videos are just 1 second apart, then that would be one fast accelerating truck to run over her. And at more than 1 second I think she would have moved forward several more feet than where posters think she was run over, or think she appears under the truck. That would imply she was knocked backward. I can't buy the idea that she was stopped and the truck creeped up on her and ran over her. Bike would have moved forward regardless. One would have to allow for forward impact of bike and seperation of Mickey from the bike while truck is in motion. Not enough distance in pics as we know the truck didn't raise it front end like a drag car and sit down on her.
    My best guess is that she heard the truck. LE says it was following her. You have firsthand knowledge about what that rig sounds like. So do I. You'd hear it before you saw it. And she appears stationary after riding like a bat out of hell for 1 minute. She'd either be thinking about hiding in the Circle K, or getting her phone, IMO. It's possible she had already dismounted to let the truck pass, and the truck struck the bike, but merely knocked her off balance. If she didn't have headphones on the chances are strong she heard this beast a -comin, and was taking evasive action. The tail lights all seem to be on, hard to tell if it includes the white reverse light. If the truck was still moving, I don't think we'd be able to tell about the style of wheel. We can't see so much wheel detail in the 'other way' truck, sometimes described as a truck van.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to waiting1979 For This Useful Post:

Maybe the posters that were taken down were torn, wet, damaged...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast