GUILTY TX - Mollie Olgin, 19, killed, GF injured in Portland assault, 23 June 2012

Thelma

Reaction score
By Miranda Leitsinger, msnbc.com
Two teenage girls in a relationship were found with gunshot wounds to the head in a south Texas park, with one of them dying from her injuries, media reports say. Police were searching for their assailants.
Mollie Judith Olgin, 19, and Mary Christine Chapa, 18, were found in knee-deep grass in a nature area in Portland by a couple Saturday, said Portland Police Chief Randy Wright, who confirmed to msnbc.com details first reported by the Corpus Christi Caller Times.

Msnbc video

Un real. :mad:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I live near where they were shot and have close friends that know the girls. The park is in a nice, clean neighborhood on the bay and has a beautiful scenic outlook. As long as I've been reading about true crime I am still floored that a murder happened there. I have learned in the last couple of days that the park is known for a place where gay people hang out, and also being on the Corpus Christi bay, it is a spot where drugs are distributed.. I don't think the girls were there about drugs. I think they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and saw something they shouldn't have.

Both of the girls went to Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi. Both of their high school principals had nothing but good to say about them.

It does sound like there is a great deal of tension in Corpus Christi over bullying.

link

oceanwatch: What was your experience? Did you go to the high school and college there? Are there pockets of deep seeded hate that you knew of?

True it is too early to jump to conclusions, but I have never been down south and have no idea what the environment is like beyond what I am told

It does sound like there is a great deal of tension in Corpus Christi over bullying.

link

oceanwatch: What was your experience? Did you go to the high school and college there? Are there pockets of deep seeded hate that you knew of?

True it is too early to jump to conclusions, but I have never been down south and have no idea what the environment is like beyond what I am told

I went to college there, and my daughter is in high school there. Gangs are a big problem in the area. Bullying is out of control. FWIW IMO, Portland is the most pompous town I have been in. It's the type of place where they would shoot you for being gay. When I moved here years back I wanted to live near the beach. I went to a local realtor to see about renting a house in Portland and he told me "you can't afford to live in Portland".

I don't know if the attitude of the town got them killed or what happened. I'm impatiently waiting to find out what in the world happened. And, yes, there is a church on nearly every corner. Portland does not fit in with the rest of South Texas whatsoever. I'm not saying the rest of South Texas is great. We have bad problems with gangs and also bullying in the schools and the highways. I'll bet anyone that Corpus Christi tops the charts in road rage.

I don't think i will ever understand why some have to be so destructive in thought, word and action about who people love. :sigh:

The articles I have been following say nothing about motive? How can you speak to motive at this point?

I went to college at Texas A&M Corpus. I have no idea what you are talking about. Stereotype much?

Our family still has a beach house in Rockport and I have a brother (small business owner) that lives in the area. I don't find any of what you are alluding to to be accurate.

There are bad seeds everywhere.

How do you know an ex girlfriend of one of the young ladies didn't commit this crime?

The articles I have been following say nothing about motive? How can you speak to motive at this point?

That's fair. We don't know yet. I believe that was TrackerSam's point as well.

I went to college at Texas A&M Corpus. I have no idea what you are talking about. Stereotype much?

Our family still has a beach house in Rockport and I have a brother (small business owner) that lives in the area. I don't find any of what you are alluding to to be accurate.

There are bad seeds everywhere.

How do you know an ex girlfriend of one of the young ladies didn't commit this crime?

It was a joke, a reference to a poster's name and the film Thelma and Louise. I deleted it because I decided it wasn't funny enough to be worth upsetting people. Why don't you delete the quote in your post and then it will just be between us?

My bad.

It's cool. I'm just very irritated about he way the MSM reported this case. Why couldn't it just be 2 young ladies murdered?

If it were a heterosexual married or dating couple, wouldn't that be reported?

I think so.

But right at the moment there's a lot of focus on violence against gay people, and it's way past time. It wasn't that long ago (15 or 20 years) when a Texas judge apologized to two killers for having to sentence them to the minimum two years in prison for murdering and robbing a gay man.

The pendulum is finally swinging back a bit, that's all.

But you and Sam remain correct that we don't know the facts in THIS case.

I think Its quite obvious IMO why someone would be of the mindset that this was possibly due to these two young girls being gay.. sadly the prejudice and bullying is rampant in some areas even much worse than others.. obviously that possibility is not so far fetched with there being a local posting here that stated that this area is somewhere where the bullying and prejudice against being gay is an issue..jmo..

Regardless of the why IMO no reason will suffice what's been done to these two young girls.. its a tragedy, period..

If it were a heterosexual married or dating couple, wouldn't that be reported?
I put "Two girls in a relationship" as the title instead because it sounded less sensational than the msnbc title of "lesbian teen girls" while giving relevant information as to gender and relationship; which are both important.

She did talk about having a crazy ex girlfriend on one of her personal sites that I posted then deleted earlier. I don't know if it was wrong of me to post it it just felt wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back