1120 users online (245 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

Facebook just changed your e-mail address 3

I didn't know where to post this so decided to put it here and let the mods decide. This is something new to me and when I checked my fb profile, yup, my email address is now a facebook email address.

Facebook just changed your e-mail address

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/26...e-mail-address

WTH! lol. It's MY page. Leave it alone, dagnabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    WTH! lol. It's MY page. Leave it alone, dagnabbit!
    Mine email hasn't changed on any of my FB pages (also have business pages). Did they change all already or is this something still to come?
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
    Mine email hasn't changed on any of my FB pages (also have business pages). Did they change all already or is this something still to come?
    Mine changed. If I go to my profile, click on ABOUT, it shows my email addy as a facebook one.

I'm still trying to figure out how to retrieve my facebook emails.

Mine's changed. FB was down for about 5 minutes this morning.

weird thing on mine is that it doesn't show my original email as a fb addy. It shows a # @facebook.com Hmmm

Just checked. Mine is still listing my original email address plus a facebook address.
    I tried to edit it out or delete it, but no luck. But I could lock the facebook address from being seen. fyi

Mine has also listed a fb address for about 6 months. It just goes to your messages.

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    weird thing on mine is that it doesn't show my original email as a fb addy. It shows a # @facebook.com Hmmm
    It should be whatever your page name is.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    Just checked. Mine is still listing my original email address plus a facebook address.
    I tried to edit it out or delete it, but no luck. But I could lock the facebook address from being seen. fyi
    Seems you can't delete it. When I try it, it says "There was an error removing this email." But you can change it back to the normal email address as primary address.
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Mine was changed.I changed it back to the original.

I don't know why they have to keep changing facebook.I hate the new timeline.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/25/tech....htm?hpt=hp_t2

You have two options for any email addresses associated with your Facebook profile: "shown on Timeline" or "hidden from Timeline." By default, Facebook is setting your @facebook.com address to be "shown on Timeline" and hiding the rest. To change that, switch your @facebook.com email address to be "hidden from Timeline," and set a different email to be "shown on Timeline."

My email for my name was changed to @facebook.com but on the page I have for Pennsylvania Missing it is still the email to the site.

Now that I've gotten used to it, I actually like Timeline, especially for the PA Missing page. It's easier to go back and find previous posts and I just like the look of it. Bit of a surprise since I went kicking & screaming into Timeline.