Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: UT - **ARREST** 6 year old Sierra Newbold found in canal West Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by SyraKelly View Post
    I just love this photo of her!!
    Every time I see her name tag I smile.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    ME TOO! And every time I see the studio portrait of her that says "2011-12" in the bottom left corner, I want to cry.
    Last edited by poppyfrock; 06-29-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: typos

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to poppyfrock For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    All good parents are...that's why they do their utmost to keep them safe.

This is something to bear in mind when watching the reactions of parents who are claiming their children have been abducted by the boogey man. Did they do their utmost to keep their children safe? If the answer's no, or there is something in their grief, or their story, that is "not quite right" this is a massive red flag to LE.

No argument, you make excellent points too - but there are some people who seem to have almost a vested interest in stirring up panic and fear in others. Perhaps they somehow are trying to convince themselves that outwardly upstanding citizens NEVER hurt their kids...I don't know. Either way, the bogeyman stealing your children from your beds is NOT a common occurence. It happens, there are cases - but they are statistically insignificant. Now ALL our kids are all getting fat because we are too scared to let them play in the street or walk to school...they are the first generation that is likely to die before their parents, ever, due to these lifestyle changes...which are mainly based in a needless fear.

I was the worst sort of fearful parent - but even I managed to relax enough to let my kids walk to high school. They always had to call me the instant they got home and my heart would fly into my throat if they were even a minute late. They still don't know about this - it was MY fear and I kept it from them. I gave them all the advice and tools for stranger danger, but at some point I actually had to suck it up and let them go and realise that statistically, they would be fine.

My kids aren't fat, they both walk and ride their bikes around and I like to think they had an "ordinary" childhood, just like I did...not coddled and wrapped up to soothe MY issues.

BBM

Who are you talking about?

I have a vested interest in the entire truth being told. It has nothing to do with panic and everything to do with awareness. Are you saying that strangers arent trying to abduct children even in broad daylight?If so, then you must not read about the cases where it seems to be happening everyday somewhere in this country. It matters not if the kidnapper takes the child from their home, yard, or walking to or from school. They are still kidnapped and victims of attempted kidnapping by a stranger.

I am not quite sure what you are implying when you state 'Did they do their utmost to keep their children safe?' Are you blaming the parents of children who were abducted from their own bedrooms or kidnapped else where by a pedo stranger and later found murdered or the child never found? The Van Dams, Lunsford, Greone, Klass, Walsh, Runion, Thompson, Smart, and countless other parents who have had to endure the trauma of having a child kidnapped? Every child should be safe in their own homes or in their yards or going anywhere they please. The parents arent to blame when a predator strikes right out of the blue with no warning.

Whether it is a common occurence or not doesnt ever mean it doesnt happen. That brings very little solace to the Newbold family who is now going through the nightmare of losing a child due to a predator. Did statistics protect Sierra and so many others just like her?

We dont have a clue how many children go missing from their own bedrooms. Posters on this very thread have found multiple cases where it happened right in that area and that doesnt cover but one small area.

Who is trying to convince themselves that parents dont harm their children? Anyone that has been on message boards for very long or has kept up with true crime knows all to well that some parents are capable of doing horrendous things to their own children. I think the number is even higher than the 400 children a year killed by one of their bio parents.

I dont agree........most children who are obese is because now they stay in front of a computer and stay inside and dont get out to run and play where they would get exercise. And a lot of children today sadly are raised on fast food too which is the worst food they can eat. It has nothing to do with being fearful of a stranger abduction, imo. Not one statistician has stated fear of stranger abductions is a reason for child obesity.

IMO
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 06-29-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    What a beautiful little girl. Prayers going up for her family....and praying the perp(s) are found and justice served. I could never imagine what they are going through.

There are window alarms you can buy and still be able to leave the window open...just not enough for someone to crawl in without lifting it up more. As soon as the alarm picks up ANY movement in the window's level it goes off....LOUD. they can be used on sliding doors also. Neve assume a burglar or worse won't come through a second or third floor window.....they most certainly WILL.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby2 View Post
    I am not blindly blaming a serial killer-but there is no other info on this case. I just thought it was interesting that a number of 6 & 7 year old girls have been taken from their rooms in the same area of the country and the murders are still not solved.
    Are you including Isabel in those numbers?

At the time of writing, no one knows what has happened to Isabel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    BBM

Who are you talking about?

I have a vested interest in the entire truth being told. It has nothing to do with panic and everything to do with awareness. Are you saying that strangers arent trying to abduct children even in broad daylight?If so, then you must not read about the cases where it seems to be happening everyday somewhere in this country. It matters not if the kidnapper takes the child from their home, yard, or walking to or from school. They are still kidnapped and victims of attempted kidnapping by a stranger.

I am not quite sure what you are implying when you state 'Did they do their utmost to keep their children safe?' Are you blaming the parents of children who were abducted from their own bedrooms or kidnapped else where by a pedo stranger and later found murdered or the child never found? The Van Dams, Lunsford, Greone, Klass, Walsh, Runion, Thompson, Smart, and countless other parents who have had to endure the trauma of having a child kidnapped? Every child should be safe in their own homes or in their yards or going anywhere they please. The parents arent to blame when a predator strikes right out of the blue with no warning.

Whether it is a common occurence or not doesnt ever mean it doesnt happen. That brings very little solace to the Newbold family who is now going through the nightmare of losing a child due to a predator. Did statistics protect Sierra and so many others just like her?

We dont have a clue how many children go missing from their own bedrooms. Posters on this very thread have found multiple cases where it happened right in that area and that doesnt cover but one small area.

Who is trying to convince themselves that parents dont harm their children? Anyone that has been on message boards for very long or has kept up with true crime knows all to well that some parents are capable of doing horrendous things to their own children. I think the number is even higher than the 400 children a year killed by one of their bio parents.

I dont agree........most children who are obese is because now they stay in front of a computer and stay inside and dont get out to run and play where they would get exercise. And a lot of children today sadly are raised on fast food too which is the worst food they can eat. It has nothing to do with being fearful of a stranger abduction, imo. Not one statistician has stated fear of stranger abductions is a reason for child obesity.

IMO
    But...that's not possible unless there's a huge coverup of children even going missing. According to NCMEC, there are currently 146 missing children from 2010. That number includes family abductions (custody issues) and runaways. So even if you assume that every child on that list was kidnapped by a stranger, well, where are the other 300+? They are not listed on NCMEC, and the local news has not written one article about a child kidnapped by a stranger? Nothing on social media? If there are 400+ children being abducted by strangers every year, they just don't exist...they have been completely erased. We are talking massive government coverup; I can only see them doing that if aliens are involved.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    But...that's not possible unless there's a huge coverup of children even going missing. According to NCMEC, there are currently 146 missing children from 2010. That number includes family abductions (custody issues) and runaways. So even if you assume that every child on that list was kidnapped by a stranger, well, where are the other 300+? They are not listed on NCMEC, and the local news has not written one article about a child kidnapped by a stranger? Nothing on social media? If there are 400+ children being abducted by strangers every year, they just don't exist...they have been completely erased. We are talking massive government coverup; I can only see them doing that if aliens are involved.

Perhaps thats what happened to Isabel.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    This may have posted before, but here is the canal. If you zoom out, you can also see their house and how close it was.

http://goo.gl/maps/wsvj

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

She certainly looks like a real wee character...a living doll. I bet she made people laugh all the time.

So, so sad. Another ray of sunshine stolen.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:

she was 10 days older then my daughter. Breaks my heart to even think about how excited she must have been going into the 1st grade next yr. Everyday I hear my daughter talk about how excited she is. All missing people make me sad but the ones closest to my kiddos' ages are the hardest to even try to wrap my brain around.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ladylub For This Useful Post:

Child abduction murder research...dated 2006, but very informative:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles/...ch/CMIIPDF.pdf

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I appreciate the link but as I have said in the past I do not believe in the statistics. And statistics really mean nothing to the individual child that goes missing and winds up raped and murdered. Until so many cases are resolved we will never know the true answer to what happened to these children or who the perp was.

I will trust what I read and have read in the past. It seems there isnt a day that goes by that a stranger isnt attempting to abuct a child. Just because those attempts were foiled doesnt mean the stranger wasnt trying to kidnap the young child for sexual purposes.

IMO
    How many children are reported missing each year by the U. S. Department of Justice and found to be a NONFAMILY/STRANGER/BOOGEYMAN abduction? 115

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.
    Source: U.S. Department of Justice National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children, 2002

There are approx. 76.1 million children in the USA.
    http://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/tables.asp

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylub View Post
    she was 10 days older then my daughter. Breaks my heart to even think about how excited she must have been going into the 1st grade next yr. Everyday I hear my daughter talk about how excited she is. All missing people make me sad but the ones closest to my kiddos' ages are the hardest to even try to wrap my brain around.
    Someone had a rant that people only seem to pay attention when pretty little white girls are the victims.

My answer to that was, I was the mother of a pretty little white girl. It hits you in the guts that something like this can happen.

I care about ALL missing/abused children, but when it's a child who could easily be your own, it makes it all that more personal somehow.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:

As others have said, I am also surprised this case hasn't had more national attention. I think it is because of all of the political stuff in the news. Bleh!!! I look at this child's picture and my heart just simply crumbles.... and then, I draw a wall around my heart and mind so that I can just go about my day. I hate that. For me personally, I am on emotional overload. I can't stand that Sierra Lamar and Isabel Celis have not been found!!!! I can't stand that Hailey Dunn and Trenton Duckett have not been found. I have gone into some sort of lock-down after the Luka Magnotta case. None of that means I don't care about this case too.... I just can't post a lot about it right now. I am watching... and waiting.... especially for LE to release the surveillance video.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    As others have said, I am also surprised this case hasn't had more national attention. I think it is because of all of the political stuff in the news. Bleh!!! I look at this child's picture and my heart just simply crumbles.... and then, I draw a wall around my heart and mind so that I can just go about my day. I hate that. For me personally, I am on emotional overload. I can't stand that Sierra Lamar and Isabel Celis have not been found!!!! I can't stand that Hailey Dunn and Trenton Duckett have not been found. I have gone into some sort of lock-down after the Luka Magnotta case. None of that means I don't care about this case too.... I just can't post a lot about it right now. I am watching... and waiting.... especially for LE to release the surveillance video.
    My theory for why it's not getting national coverage is that Sierra is not missing. It would be all over national news, and we would have multiple threads if she was. However, I think if more information comes out, it could get bigger.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

My theory for why it's not getting national coverage is that Sierra is not missing. It would be all over national news, and we would have multiple threads if she was. However, I think if more information comes out, it could get bigger.
    You might be right.... this case happened SO QUICKLY!!! She had only been reported as missing about 30 minutes to an hour before her little body was found. :*( That is one of the HUGE clues in this case that LE has access to, and has not shared with the public. They KNOW the TOD by now, but they have not released it. I believe they also recognize who is on the surveillance video they have..... if they did not recognize who it is, they would have released it to the public by now. LE is building a case against someone and they will get their person. I am NOT saying it is the immediate family, but I also do NOT get a stranger perp vibe in this case. I think it will end up being someone known to the family.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

No working telephone number could be found for the parents.
    http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/a...erra-girl.html

“They (parishioners) planted flowers and cleaned their yard.”
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/86555....html?pg=2
    What does “cleaned the family's yard” mean?

Under maps and views, click on the street view. Sierra’s home is the white-roofed house across the street from the home with the dormers. What do you suppose is on that large sign near their front porch?
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/23...12841870_zpid/
    Attached Images Attached Images

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    How many children are reported missing each year by the U. S. Department of Justice and found to be a NONFAMILY/STRANGER/BOOGEYMAN abduction? 115

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.
    Source: U.S. Department of Justice National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children, 2002

There are approx. 76.1 million children in the USA.
    http://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/tables.asp
    I think what Ocean is saying though about statistics is we don't know what category all the missing children of unresolved cases go into until they are resolved. So that 115 could be in addition to many more that are undetermined at this time.

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    I think what Ocean is saying though about statistics is we don't know what category all the missing children of unresolved cases go into until they are resolved. So that 115 could be in addition to many more that are undetermined at this time.
    You can read about the analysis and the data collection in the National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway and Throwaway Children. Even if they were incorrect by 50% (which they are not), the number of children abducted by the "boogeyman" would be 172 children/year. The vast majority of abducted very young children are disappeared by family.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    No working telephone number could be found for the parents.
    http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/a...erra-girl.html

“They (parishioners) planted flowers and cleaned their yard.”
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/86555....html?pg=2
    What does “cleaned the family's yard” mean?

Under maps and views, click on the street view. Sierra’s home is the white-roofed house across the street from the home with the dormers. What do you suppose is on that large sign near their front porch?
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/23...12841870_zpid/
    Just a guess, but to me it looks like a construction company sign (like when you're having kitchen cabinets installed and the company puts the sign outside your house to advertise while they are working).

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

I wonder why LE isn't releasing anything about the surveillance video from their home? What would be the point of not showing it to the public to have him ID'd? Only thing I can think of is that they know who the person is. But, why hasn't he been arrested then? And not releasing any info on when she went to bed, any details at all.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

I wonder why LE isn't releasing anything about the surveillance video from their home? What would be the point of not showing it to the public to have him ID'd? Only thing I can think of is that they know who the person is. But, why hasn't he been arrested then? And not releasing any info on when she went to bed, any details at all.

Have they said they see a person on the video? I thought they were trying to figure out what they were seeing...
    Just my opinion, of course.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

maybe the perp is under age.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

From what I see daily about the gov't, I can see them doing that if aliens aren't involved.

My own opinion of course

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

Just a guess, but to me it looks like a construction company sign (like when you're having kitchen cabinets installed and the company puts the sign outside your house to advertise while they are working).
    That's a good thought. If it is that kind of sign, did they recently have workers inside the home?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast