857 users online (117 members and 740 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dad's incredible graduation gift bought 13 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular

Brenna Martin's dad evidently doesn't like last-minute shopping. Bryan Martin purchased a gift for his daughter's high school graduation -- which happened earlier this month -- thirteen years ago. He managed to keep it hidden this whole time, and his "moving, touching, nostalgic, and thoughtful" present (her words) brought Brenna to tears when dad finally gave it to her last week.

The gift -- a copy of "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" -- has a cash value of less than $20, but to Brenna, it was "truly priceless." That's because inside, threaded among the passages of Dr. Seuss's well-known rhymes, were comments and compliments from every adult who has taught Brenna at school, starting with her kindergarten teachers.

OH, what a beautiful idea!

Truly remarkable man...and a very lucky girl to have a man like that in her life!
    TEN - am I crazy??? 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Walker....
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/3daywalker

Your source for Scentsy...PM me for more info!

That made me bawl. I can imagine how very treasured she felt receiving this, knowing of the effort that went into collecting all those thoughts and maintaining the secret til graduation day.

What a great dad and what a lucky young lady.

Bless hem both
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Brought a tear to my eye too. Absolutely priceless, lucky girl
    England's dancing days are done...

Good dads are priceless! I hope he knows the gift he has given his daughter. Not just the book, but the love he obviously has for his little girl - she will carry it with her her whole life. Yay for awesome daddies!

Wow, that is an amazingly thoughtful gift. How incredible that he thought up such a priceless gift. What a super dad!!
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Priceless!

What an amazing gift. Not only the book but the love that man has for his daughter. Thanks so much for sharing this story. It's so nice to read stories like this to be reminded how much love there really is in this world.

This has to be the sweetest gift I've ever heard of. What an amazing father!
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

Oh wow, tears are welling up! This is a book a teacher gave to me upon graduation, and, I have started the tradition of giving it to my siblings. When I have children, hopefully sooner than later lol, I am stealing this mans idea! Bravo for good fathers!
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

How sweet!!! What a guy!!!!