Dad's incredible graduation gift bought 13 years ago

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ift-dad_n_1623574.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Brenna Martin's dad evidently doesn't like last-minute shopping. Bryan Martin purchased a gift for his daughter's high school graduation -- which happened earlier this month -- thirteen years ago. He managed to keep it hidden this whole time, and his "moving, touching, nostalgic, and thoughtful" present (her words) brought Brenna to tears when dad finally gave it to her last week.

The gift -- a copy of "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" -- has a cash value of less than $20, but to Brenna, it was "truly priceless." That's because inside, threaded among the passages of Dr. Seuss's well-known rhymes, were comments and compliments from every adult who has taught Brenna at school, starting with her kindergarten teachers.

Truly remarkable man...and a very lucky girl to have a man like that in her life!

That made me bawl. I can imagine how very treasured she felt receiving this, knowing of the effort that went into collecting all those thoughts and maintaining the secret til graduation day.

What a great dad and what a lucky young lady.

Bless hem both

Good dads are priceless! I hope he knows the gift he has given his daughter. Not just the book, but the love he obviously has for his little girl - she will carry it with her her whole life. Yay for awesome daddies!

Wow, that is an amazingly thoughtful gift. How incredible that he thought up such a priceless gift. What a super dad!!

What an amazing gift. Not only the book but the love that man has for his daughter. Thanks so much for sharing this story. It's so nice to read stories like this to be reminded how much love there really is in this world.

Oh wow, tears are welling up! This is a book a teacher gave to me upon graduation, and, I have started the tradition of giving it to my siblings. When I have children, hopefully sooner than later lol, I am stealing this mans idea! Bravo for good fathers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back