US - FBI Nationwide child prostitution sweep leads to104 arrests, 79 children rescued

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/25/us/child-prostitution/index.html

FBI: Nationwide child prostitution sweep leads to 104 arrests, 79 children rescued
By Carol Cratty, CNN
updated 10:57 AM EDT, Tue June 26, 2012

Washington (CNN) -- During a three-day law enforcement sweep targeting the problem of teenage prostitution, officers rescued 79 children and arrested 104 alleged pimps, the FBI announced Monday....

Thank God! I hope the kids get the help and healing they'll need. I hope they understand how they were manipulated.

Is this what happens to some of our missing children?
Some it may be worse than death. How do pimps sleep at night?

That is honestly great to hear.

passionflower; I keep hearing of runaway children being basically kidnapped off the street by pimps. There was a group of pimps in Maine of all places that controlled girls as young as 13. The details were horrendous, they tortured the ones that tried to leave in ways I won't repeat.

Edit; here is an interesting bit from a linked article-

Instead of locking them up, police officers like Sergeant Snyder have been able to recruit girls to testify against their accused sex traffickers, while getting them the resources and help they need as victims of sexual abuse and exploitation.
"This is a sea change," says Choi who pushed for the bill. "We've heard so many times from runaways ... "had I known I could get help from police, I would have gone.""
The Women'

Link

I hope that becomes a trend throughout the US.

:woohoo:

I have always wanted to use that icon, and his seems the best time for it! This makes me so happy! Good job!

Thanks Dan.
I hope they find some of the missing amongst the girls.

Dear God.
I hope none of them go back out in the street.
Thank you

Please, let this be the tip of the iceberg!! TG these children were rescued and ditto what Steely said about the help and healing!

It is heartbreaking to know that adults will do this to a child. I hope and pray these children get the love, help, and security they deserve. My love and prayers are with them all. I hope they can be returned to their families and they will have the healing they need and deserve.

I believe there is a special place in He!! for those who would do this to a child! May God have mercy on them while they rot in prison!

Very cool. All 50 states have to make pimping an "A" felony, just like kidnapping or rape. I once saw a very good documentary on showtime called "Very Young Girls", about minors getting pimped out by these swine:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_Young_Girls"]Very Young Girls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
I highly recomend it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back