Page 1 of 62 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1549

Thread: AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    "The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it" Emile Zola
    Posts
    15,773

    AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

    MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - A missing person report has been filed with the Mobile Police Department for 19-year-old Brittney Wood.

    Wood's family said, the last they heard, she was going to visit her uncle near the Styx river area.

    (snip)

    http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...-filed-on-teen

    She was last seen with her Uncle who has since committed suicide

    http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/0...359-vi-132971/

    Verified Members in the Brittney Wood case
    Zeaux is a verified insider

    Local Media Links (thank you, gliving)

    www.wkrg.com

    www.local15tv.com

    www.fox10tv.com/

    http://www.al.com/press-register/

    http://www.northmobilepost.com/

    Previous Threads
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175128"]Thread #1[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176634"]Thread #2[/ame]







    __________________________________________________ _____________
    `````````````````

    JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW, TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM, AND FOR SHOW ARCHIVES! DON'T FORGET CHAT OPENS THURSDAYS 7:30 EASTERN



    Join Websleuths on Twitter



    And Face Book of course
    |





    ************************************************** **************************************

    Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT
    84098


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington girl in Alabama
    Posts
    1,263
    First!

    Just kidding, I always wanted to do that. (you know, like the trolls on news articles)

    *All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

    mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    ^^^^

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JackieS For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    My son just told me "Momma I prayed again for that girl Brittney. I am pretty sure they are going to find her. God pretty much answers all my prayers like when I got that xbox last year". Melted my heart!! He has heard me talk about it and he is even praying for her!


  6. #5
    Who is to say that this "friend" she text that night (who was so high he cant remember) wasnt so high that this "friend" cant remember going and picking her up???? I think this little bit of info is sketchy. Sure hope the whereabouts of this friend that night were looked into really hard

  7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedOutsider For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    FootballMom's Avatar
    FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,391

    Arrow

    Updated Maps here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8079130&postcount=207"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2[/ame]


    Official Players List here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8079094&postcount=202"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2[/ame]


    Please remember TOS do not permit the sleuthing of anyone except BW, RSW & DK at this time. The initials and relationship of the players in the list are simply provided to prevent confusion & avoid violating TOS since many of them have the same or similar initials.

  9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    FootballMom's Avatar
    FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    Who is to say that this "friend" she text that night (who was so high he cant remember) wasnt so high that this "friend" cant remember going and picking her up???? I think this little bit of info is sketchy. Sure hope the whereabouts of this friend that night were looked into really hard
    That friend was interviewed by LE and that is what the "friend" reported to LE.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    FootballMom's Avatar
    FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    Thanks Football Mom....you are AWESOME!!
    You are most welcome! You can snip or edit your quote (if you'd like) so my longazz timeline post doesn't take up the entire first page...

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    I had asked earlier about someone related to RSW and was told we couldnt sleuth his family. Am I allowed to ask if there has been any other suicides within BW's family (i.e. aunts, uncles, cousins, close family)?? Or is that against the rules

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedOutsider For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    FootballMom's Avatar
    FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    I had asked earlier about someone related to RSW and was told we couldnt sleuth his family. Am I allowed to ask if there has been any other suicides within BW's family (i.e. aunts, uncles, cousins, close family)?? Or is that against the rules
    I would say that would probably be against TOS since that person could not be tied to BW's disappearance (aside from the recent suicide which remains a potential connection although not proven it is highly suspicious given the timing of events).

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,131
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    I had asked earlier about someone related to RSW and was told we couldnt sleuth his family. Am I allowed to ask if there has been any other suicides within BW's family (i.e. aunts, uncles, cousins, close family)?? Or is that against the rules
    Are you concerned Brittney may have been suicidal?

    Zeaux, any idea if Brittney has sought counseling before? I wonder if she took antidepressants of similar. A friend of mine's son had a terrible experience when the dr changed his meds.

  19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    Are you concerned Brittney may have been suicidal?

    Zeaux, any idea if Brittney has sought counseling before? I wonder if she took antidepressants of similar. A friend of mine's son had a terrible experience when the dr changed his meds.

    Maybe suicidal....or possibly maybe that "the person currently in jail" may have been close to more than just one person in the family that has commited suicide

  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedOutsider For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    5,520
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    My son just told me "Momma I prayed again for that girl Brittney. I am pretty sure they are going to find her. God pretty much answers all my prayers like when I got that xbox last year". Melted my heart!! He has heard me talk about it and he is even praying for her!
    That is the sweetest thing! Praying children....what a blessing.

  23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    i find it odd that BW is friends with all of her aunts and uncles on FB but she is not friends with RSW? Was there any bad blood there, I wonder?

  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedOutsider For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    738
    Hi! This is my first post here at WS. I live in the area and have tried to follow Brittney's story since we first heard of her disappearance but I have to say it's been very difficult to get information. I am really surprised at all of the info. that has been amassed here at WS. I think the local reporters have done a very poor job of covering this case.

    First of all, my heart goes out to Brittney, to her family and her friends. I am truly grieved to my core that they are forced to endure this trial and I hope and pray that Brittney comes home safe and sound very soon. Someone mentioned noticing that her mother is losing weight. I have also noticed this and I know she must be wearing out from the worry.

    I have my theories about what is going on here but I don't know that sharing would add to the discussion. I do however want to mention that I find it very odd that RSW posted a single picture on FB at 2:21 am the very same night that we have two early-early morning pings from Brittney's phone, those being the last ones that we know of. I have looked at that photo and I am hoping that LE is carefully determining the various nearby (if any) locations that pertain to RSW's geocaching hobby. I hope they are determining exactly where the location of that picture is and I hope they are checking it out. I can't explain why. I just have a feeling in my gut that that picture means something. If nothing else, it is clear from his photos that he knows the nooks and crannies of the woods. I think he would have no problem finding an isolated hiding place for Brittney's phone, if he happens to have been in possession of it.

    Another thing that is causing me to pause is that both DH's wife and BW's mother have spoken of Brittney in the past tense. I am not accusing Brittney's mother of anything. My heart truly breaks for her. I believe she is in deep turmoil. But, I do find that strange. On her FB page she has posted that Brittney WAS her only daughter. I am just having a hard time with that right now. Not that this is about me AT ALL. Again, my heart goes out to her. Maybe her mind is beginning to conceive thoughts that she hasn't previously allowed herself to think. I don't know.

    LE have called the situation with the uncles "horrific". That is a very strong word and it gives me chills. This area has an enormous problem with human trafficking (someone recently told me that if I-10 was shut down that we would almost completely alleviate human trafficking in this country), child pediphilia is frequently in the news, there are rings of "swingers", the meth problem is so bad... for LE to use the word "horrific" is pretty scary for me. It would take ALOT to horrify local LE. There is practically nothing they don't hear about and deal with everyday.

    Praying for Brittney. Praying for everyone involved. I believe LE will get to the bottom of this and Brittney will be found. I hope alive and SOON.


    EDITED BY ME: When CW wrote that Brittney was her only daughter she must have meant that she was her only daughter before her new baby was born. So, I guess the baby is a girl and therefore, Brittney is no longer her only daughter. So sorry, I messed that up. Yes, I have been studying statement analysis for too long!! Just wanted to clear that up because if she had in fact spoken of Brittney in the past tense it would be alarming. But, DH's wife has written of her in the past tense. I had that part right.
    Last edited by MotherOcean; 06-27-2012 at 02:03 AM.


  27. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    682
    MotherOcean!
    Chatty

  28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ChattyWoman For This Useful Post:


  29. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherOcean View Post
    Hi! This is my first post here at WS. I live in the area and have tried to follow Brittney's story since we first heard of her disappearance but I have to say it's been very difficult to get information. I am really surprised at all of the info. that has been amassed here at WS. I think the local reporters have done a very poor job of covering this case.

    First of all, my heart goes out to Brittney, to her family and her friends. I am truly grieved to my core that they are forced to endure this trial and I hope and pray that Brittney comes home safe and sound very soon. Someone mentioned noticing that her mother is losing weight. I have also noticed this and I know she must be wearing out from the worry.

    I have my theories about what is going on here but I don't know that sharing would add to the discussion. I do however want to mention that I find it very odd that RSW posted a single picture on FB at 2:21 am the very same night that we have two early-early morning pings from Brittney's phone, those being the last ones that we know of. I have looked at that photo and I am hoping that LE is carefully determining the various nearby (if any) locations that pertain to RSW's geocaching hobby. I hope they are determining exactly where the location of that picture is and I hope they are checking it out. I can't explain why. I just have a feeling in my gut that that picture means something. If nothing else, it is clear from his photos that he knows the nooks and crannies of the woods. I think he would have no problem finding an isolated hiding place for Brittney's phone, if he happens to have been in possession of it.

    Another thing that is causing me to pause is that both DH's wife and BW's mother have spoken of Brittney in the past tense. I am not accusing Brittney's mother of anything. My heart truly breaks for her. I believe she is in deep turmoil. But, I do find that strange. On her FB page she has posted that Brittney WAS her only daughter. I am just having a hard time with that right now. Not that this is about me AT ALL. Again, my heart goes out to her. Maybe her mind is beginning to conceive thoughts that she hasn't previously allowed herself to think. I don't know.

    LE have called the situation with the uncles "horrific". That is a very strong word and it gives me chills. This area has an enormous problem with human trafficking (someone recently told me that if I-10 was shut down that we would almost completely alleviate human trafficking in this country), child pediphilia is frequently in the news, there are rings of "swingers", the meth problem is so bad... for LE to use the word "horrific" is pretty scary for me. It would take ALOT to horrify local LE. There is practically nothing they don't hear about and deal with everyday.

    Praying for Brittney. Praying for everyone involved. I believe LE will get to the bottom of this and Brittney will be found. I hope alive and SOON.
    I also have a very bad gut feeling about RSW. That is why i keep referring back to him. Lets remember he was here in Alabama ALONE. No family..noone to know if he was out late that night. He apparently is familiar with woods and goes into them alot. He was posted a pic on FB within an hour of her last known text and he is in jail now, charged with do the unthinkable to a child.

  30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedOutsider For This Useful Post:


  31. #18
    Does anyone know if someone can access BWs FB? The reason I ask is....have any of you heard of FourSquare? It is an app on peoples phones where they can post to FB where they are at by clicking check in. If you are friends with that person on FB it shows you where they are at. Lots of people use this and maybe one of BWs friends used foursquare that night and posted of them being in any of the areas BWs cell pings were at. Does that make sense???

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedOutsider For This Useful Post:


  33. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,131
    Seems a lot of folks are talking but not much is happening.

    Interlude:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTcpuWBJrgA&feature=related"]Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation '68 (original version) - YouTube[/ame]

  34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:


  35. #20
    FootballMom's Avatar
    FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,391

    Exclamation Update for timeline #5

    We have a change to the timeline I posted earlier today and is indicated with green font.

    Update #5 can be found here:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8093841&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3[/ame]

  36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:


  37. #21
    FootballMom's Avatar
    FootballMom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLKJr
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    Maybe suicidal....or possibly maybe that "the person currently in jail" may have been close to more than just one person in the family that has commited suicide
    Since we have learned quite bit about BW's psychology & lifestyle primarily that she considered herself invincible adding to that... suicidal people don't usually pack an overnight bag if they are not going to need a change of clothes... IMO... it is highly unlikely BW was suicidal.

  38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FootballMom For This Useful Post:


  39. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    Does anyone know if someone can access BWs FB? The reason I ask is....have any of you heard of FourSquare?
    Her page is not private. Anyone can view it. I have heard of FourSquare but don't know anything about it really.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MotherOcean For This Useful Post:


  41. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattyWoman View Post
    MotherOcean!
    Thank you! I have been reading here alot, especially since HinkyMeter was shut down. I am very impressed with the civility and overall tone of concern for victims displayed here.

  42. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MotherOcean For This Useful Post:


  43. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedOutsider View Post
    Does anyone know if someone can access BWs FB? The reason I ask is....have any of you heard of FourSquare? It is an app on peoples phones where they can post to FB where they are at by clicking check in. If you are friends with that person on FB it shows you where they are at. Lots of people use this and maybe one of BWs friends used foursquare that night and posted of them being in any of the areas BWs cell pings were at. Does that make sense???
    Maybe a hacker would be able too. I've heard of foursquare because my older sister uses it. I would think its popular among young adults that live in a college town or big city. I personally don't like it just for the fact that others can 'stalk' where i'm at if I do post. Then again, I don't think any of BWs friends would be asked for or about that information unless they were a POI.

  44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AmorAlways For This Useful Post:


  45. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    222
    I am confused as to why SW said that RSW reported BS allegations about himself. Why would someone report BS allegations about themselves?

  46. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to poppyfrock For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 62 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #8
    By bessie in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 1405
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 09:01 PM
  2. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #6
    By bessie in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 1366
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
  3. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5
    By bessie in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 1222
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM
  4. AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #4
    By bessie in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 1132
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 07:30 PM
  5. AL Brittney Wood (19) - Mobile AL, 2012
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 03:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •